Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 5: Kinda like One Piece without the anime

Beach Party - Swimming Supers

"I kinda have to. There's always more criminals than heroes at work." Jade thinks about the second question for a moment. "If they're easy to catch, I just anonymously turn the information I have over to the police and they can take care of it. I'm more concerned with things they can't handle." Like supervillains or extremely clever criminal masterminds.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Beach Party]

Swimming Supers

"Why is that, that there are so many more criminals?" Skye asks, sounding a little bit like someone who already has the answer.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Beach Party - Swimming Supers

"Criminals are dangerous. If they break one law, what others might they be willing to? Most people don't have the courage to stand up to them for no reason. It takes unusual events to make a hero." Jade feels pretty good about this explanation.

My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #244
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Beach Party]

Swimming Supers

"Are the police not heroic, for standing up to these people? And don't superheroes break some of the laws themselves?"
    Skye shakes her head.
    "Think of the appearance of crime like a mystery."
    And then she pops underwater to swim a short distance away, looking delighted when she breaks the surface again.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party
    Sekhmet & Boyfiend

Prumathe does notice, but doesn't comment. It'll make Sekhmet feel more self-conscious, and that's not a good thing. Not at a beach party, at the very least. He'll bring it up later, when they're alone, maybe. Besides, most people's canine teeth are slightly pointed. The black tongue is more unusual, however. "You liking the sausage if not the cola?"

Teen Loves

"Yes, takes months. He's nineteen about now, too. Black hair, green eyes, he used to be taller than I am but I've grown since then." He likely has too, but Natalie can't say for certain. "Can't really speak for the accent. He's been in Frankia for three years or so now, that might have had an impact- and the fact this accent would have marked him a target by those sympathetic to the English Reformative Democratic Establishment will have, too. Or whatever those murderers and anarchists are calling themselves now." Natalie doesn't like them, which is understandable. "Three things... A sextant, a compass and my spellbook. With the compass and the sextant, I can figure out where I am. Once I know that, I can use my spellbook to figure out which leylines I should pull to bring anything else I need to me." Conjuration might be cheating for this question.

Jack & Chidi

"Because you don't get it. I don't want people telling me what to do, where to go, who to talk to or anything. I have a chest full of gold, I could buy or rent anywhere I wanted- but I don't, because that's not the point. The point is I'm free. I've got no responsibilities tying me down to one place, no people relying on me, no boss or landlord telling me what to do or how to live my life. My life is mine, and I live it the way I want to." A tent or something would probably be appreciated, if only for the increased options in camping on rooftops when it's raining.

Jack thinks the offer over. "If you're good, sure. And we can rent a room in Trog's, I guess." Why bother when Jack knows of many free places to sleep that are just as comfortable she doesn't quite get, but figures it's probably a groundpounder trespassing thing.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Beach Party

Swimming Supers

"Of course they are. I wouldn't be here if I didn't believe the cops were doing important work. There's far more police than superheroes, and far more mundane criminals than supervillains. If anything, they're far braver. It takes guts to stand up against injustice without any special powers." Jade sighs when the legality of superheroes is brought up. "In a better world, there would be no need for superheroes. But as long as people can have powers beyond the human norm, some of them will abuse those powers, and those without powers will be unable to stop them." She shakes her head. "The worst I've done is search and seizure without a warrant. I'm not the type to play judge, jury, and executioner. I make sure that villains I catch go to the police and the courts for justice. I'm only concerned with preventing or stopping their crimes, not with punishing them for it." She knows of other "heroes" who kill in the line of duty, and she doesn't condone it at all.

Prumathe and Girlfiend

The teeth are slightly more pointed than those of normal people. Otherwise it wouldn't have needed mentioning. "It's good. Very good."

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #247
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Beach Party!]

"Dazzle and magic. I suppose that makes sense! It's fascinating when the Nexus doesn't translate some words while translating others. Usually it has the most trouble with words that don't have an equivalent in another language," Geneva replies. Oh no, she's talking about nerd things now. "Linguistics isn't exactly my field of expertise but I have a friend who has studied the Nexus' transnational properties extensively, but I've picked up on a few quirks. Sometimes people can use untranslated words intentionally. Sometimes the Nexus just doesn't pick up on things, or uses a literal rendering. Many of the Equish words for 'friend' get some really odd literal translations, like 'sky-hook'."

Most people probably just ignore the Nexus' translation. Take it for granted that they'll be understood.

"I've had some fun trying to learn English words without Nexus-support, but my accent is terrible. Like Nick? He's from a place called 'Calneghfoehngah'."

Hoo boy. That was probably supposed to be 'California'. It sounds like Geneva can't pronounce an 'R' sound. She's pretty good at making horse-y whinny and nicker sounds, though.

She poofs her head feathers out in frustration.

"Foehn. Foooeh. Ugh! I can't ever get the 'R's to sound right! *snort*Hahah!"

Apparently she thinks it's funny.

"What kind of models do you make? That sounds like fun."

Meanwhile!

Oh no.

She upset Nick somehow.

There's only one thing to do.

Khannie gives Nick a hug.

Navvy isn't totally sure what's going on, so he gives Nick a huge, too.

[Marlick Bay]

The elf just crosses its arms and looks contrary. It answered Benny's question and it isn't ITS fault if he didn't like the answer.

Any of Benny's ideas about where the other cave might be COULD be correct, but it's hard to tell. At least from here. The engraving on the table isn't detailed enough to give instructions. If only one of the cultists had a journal that might contain such information...

Oh right.

Benny pocketed one of those, didn't he?

Sekhmet will be able to feel... something. Just sense of down.

And crashing waves.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Marlick Bay

"Down. We must go down. And waves, crashing waves," Sekhmet mutters in reply, slightly trancelike. She's bending down onto her knees now, brushing her hands along the floor. "Far below. The last piece. It must be made whole again."

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Marlick Bay]

Crashing waves...maybe there's a cave right where the water hits the shore, where Zophiel first went after the first call. "Unless there's a better path inside here to get there," he says, "there might be a cliff cave somewhere I went this morning."

Regardless, that's not the important part.

Zophiel moves up to Sekhmet and taps her on the shoulder: Sekhmet's been sort-of under the influence of this weird mental...thing for almost this whole day. Hoping the tap on the shoulder can knock her out of the trancelike thought process. "Why does it need to be whole?" he asks. That's what he's been wondering this whole time, in the back of his mind.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; Today at 01:07 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.