Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 5: Kinda like One Piece without the anime

Beach Party
    Prumathe and Sekhmet
    (I can't think of any new title)

BC is interested in those ideas.
    "That's all right. I, uh, don't mind." She doesn't mind, but if he could show her something like that, she would love it. She keeps holding him for a while.
    Last edited by bc56; 2020-06-27 at 07:03 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #362
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party
    I Was Using Monty Python Sketches

"How are you, with water? You can swim, and the fire isn't put out by water, but... Do you need to breathe? Because I can use my biomancy to reduce my need to breathe, and then we could maybe go snorkelling or something." And if they don't need to breathe, freediving is easier.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

Beach Party
    I know, I just don't know enough of them

"I, uh, still need to breathe." Sekhmet thinks so anyway. She'll not entirely sure. "And, uh, I'm not a very strong swimmer." Although she did say she expected it to be a lot like flying. "But, uh, I can try it."

My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #364
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post

[Beach Party- D&D]

"Well, if there's anything the Nexus is good at, it's getting folks drunk that shouldn't be able to." Melvin admits.
    "I shouldn't get too drunk, though. It makes me less aware. And that makes me easier to jump. And...well beside everything else, I'd hate to smash something if I was standing next to it." Melvin's hippo transformations do tend to be...quick and explosive. It's why he's always been terrified of it going off in a small car.
    [Beach Party - D&D]

"Y'know, we oughta work on that, Melvin. See about making you a little less jumpy, huh?" Ithuriel leads her two reluctant companions on, swiftly slipping drinks in to their hands.

"Weell, ah, if y'insist..." Wilfred's objections sound half-hearted at best at this point.

"I do. I'll keep an eye out for you two, so for once just try to relax and have a good time, alright?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beach Party]

Teen Loves

"I thought you didn't like portals?" Karasu grins, then her look turns thoughtful. "If you think portals are safer, maybe it really is that risky. Just so I know, what could go wrong?" She scans the horizon and spots an interesting sight. "Look, Zara and Abi are building a sandcastle!"

Jack & Chidi

"Can you speak as a bird? Ah, right, you were about to show me. Down you go..." Chidi then puts her down, then stands, ready to observe the transformation. "What jackdaw traits do you have now, and what human traits will you have as a bird?"

Zaabi

Zara grins at her eager girlfriend jogging away, and spends the time creating a wet mound, waiting until Abi's back and done with digging the moat, so they can each grab a shovel and start working on shaping the sand from the top-down.

--------
    Add pitch joystick automation to lead
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Beach Party - D&D]

"Y'know, we oughta work on that, Melvin. See about making you a little less jumpy, huh?" Ithuriel leads her two reluctant companions on, swiftly slipping drinks in to their hands.

"Weell, ah, if y'insist..." Wilfred's objections sound half-hearted at best at this point.

"I do. I'll keep an eye out for you two, so for once just try to relax and have a good time, alright?"
    [Beach Party- D&D]

Melvin bashfully takse a sip of the drink. He's not usually one for drinking anyway, but he can't say no when someone like Ithuriel is buying! Well actually, when anyone else is buying. That would just be rude.
    "The city can be a very scary place, Ithuriel."
    That's probably just the constant barrage of doom plots that happened in the last year or so.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party
    Life of Brian

"I'm trying to think of something like flying I can show you. Snorkelling's about all I can come up with." Or possibly going caving, but that's dangerous because things tend to live in fantasy caves.

Teen Loves

"Portals aren't really dangerous, Karasu. A random portal could go just about anywhere, and there's no way to find out where. If something goes wrong whilst it's in use, it can sever limbs and kill or disable someone. That's pretty rare, though, without someone tampering with it as it's being used. They're safe, but mysterious and I'd rather not take a one-way portal to a deserted island in the arctic circle or something. Teleporting people, though... If I were to teleport myself, and something went wrong, I wouldn't reappear at the other end. And the chances of something going wrong are significant, particularly over long distances. One in two people who try to teleport over fifty miles never reappear afterwards." Natalie wouldn't teleport unless her life depended on it, and even then she'd probably try something else first. Natalie turns to look at them. "So they are. I like Abi's swimming costume." Natalie turns to Karasu and gives her a hug.

Jack & Chidi

"No, I can't. Not as a full bird. I can shift part way, but just my vocal cords is tricky." Jack steps away and starts to grow feathers. "I'm very light and my hair doesn't grow longer than this. I think it's the length of my feathers as a bird. Other than that, though, I honestly couldn't tell you. Nothing I've noticed comparing myself to humans- or jackdaws, for that matter." She can somehow tell, though. The transformation advances once she's finished talking, a beak erupting from her face as her arms shrink and change position, her first finger elongating and the others disappearing. Her legs shift and toes grow splayed, feathers spreading across her body. Her enchanted swimsuit transforms with her, so it's not left behind.

When the process is complete, Jack is a jackdaw, with a hood of paler feathers about her head, two pairs of wings (one with weird eyes in the middle) and a black beak. Her grey eyes haven't changed at all, and she flies up to land on Chidi's shoulder and move down his arm, if he holds out, so he can get a better look.

Zaabi

Abi has quite a good eye for detail when it comes to her work on the sandcastle, and works out some ways of making walkways, gargoyles and so on to decorate it with.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Beach Party
    The Holy Grail

To be fair, many things living in fantasy caves probably wouldn't be much of a threat to Prumathe or Sekhmet. They've both faced far worse. "We can try it, that's okay." She will almost never mind spending time with Prumathe.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #369
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party
    Ministry of Silly Walks

They may have faced worse, but they didn't do it alone and they were able to call upon allies and use methods that did not rely on brute force. A sleepy wyvern or something would not fall in that category.

"Cool, excellent. I wonder if anyone's offering it today?" Probably, but it would almost cheapen the flight to go scuba diving today, somehow. It doesn't feel quite right to him, anyway.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

Beach Party
    Insert Monty Python Sketch Here

"Maybe we could wait a while and, uh, just enjoy the beach?" Sekhmet doesn't feel like rushing into something else right now, no matter how fun it sounds. "Just, uh, sit together for a while?"

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #371
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Beach Party- Several Nicks]

Pah.

Geneva doesn't mind walking around as a human.

It isn't that terrible.

Just really bad if you feel like flying.

And frankly who doesn't feel like flying most of the time?

"I imagine that would depend mostly on whether or not griffins and hippogriffs are sapient in most of the realities that Sigil connects to," Geneva muses. "It's my understanding that Equestria is somewhat of an outlier in that regard. The vast majority of universes have humanoid populations. Though if Sigil really is as diverse as you're saying, Michalson, then I imagine the sight of someone like me wearing clothing would make it immediately obvious to any onlooker that I'm a person and not a beast."

Or they could just try talking to her and she would chatter their ear off. That would be some pretty strong evidence as well.

Meanwhile!

"That's so keen!" Navvy gasps moments before he begins digging a little ring into the sand. Khannie helps! Before long they'll have a hastily constructed, if dry, moat. Though from the looks of things that won't continue to be the case for long.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beach Party]

Teen Loves

"I know that, love. Portals in my world operate like wormholes. As far as I've seen, if something goes wrong while it's in use, one just gets shunted to one side or the other depending on how far through the portal they are... or they end up in The Nexus. There's a ton of science and stuff to explain making them, but you'll have to ask my brother, he's made one." Karasu's glad Natalie doesn't want to teleport in that case, she can't lose her again. "If that's the case, don't teleport... at least, not using your magic. If you stopped existing, I don't know what I'd do with myself." She looks sad at the thought.

She gladly accepts the hug, humming as she squeezes tight. "I'm happy for them both. We should get out of the water, maybe sunbathe a little."

Jack & Chidi

Chidi pays attention, especially when she starts transforming. Once the process is complete, he'll stretch out his arm when she flies up so she can land on it, and thorougly examines her bird form. "Woah." He says, truly astonished to have witnessed it.

He can't resist trying to stroke her head, though. "Not just cute as a human, but as a bird, too." Once he's done, he'll let her fly off and land so she can change back. Then it's time for the massage!

Zaabi

With their eyes for detail and Zara's artistic nature, they're sure to win Best Sandcastle! At least, they would if there were a contest. "Let's start shaping it!" She picks up her own shovel and works on turning the mound into something castle-like, working from top to bottom
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-06-28 at 09:24 PM.
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Bugbear in the Playground

Moonwell

"Hey!" Blanche doesn't have much time to muse on the dragon's attempt to flee as Geneva hits the deck, pivoting towards the sound. She doesn't recognize the cause, but certainly understands the possible result, and darts forward to catch the weird pink cat... thing. Ah crap, she's unconscious. Why is she unconscious? Magic overuse? Tripping and hitting the deck? Ok so we don't know how to medically treat the first one but the last one's probably concussion. Let's go find a place to lay her down so she can sleep through it, check in when she wakes and make sure that she's back in working order when she wakes.

Once the medic has found somewhere reasonable to lay Geneva down, Blanche's ears perk up when she hears about the other ship. "[Karabast], that's not good. Anika, where are you? The ship's vanished, we need a status report!" She raises the druid on her communicator, trying her best not to sound too panicked.

Wait, gone?

That- that doesn't make any sense, how can it just be gone, there wasn't any noise she heard of engines firing up, and she didn't see any burst of light from engines revving up. For it to just have left without a trace, they'd have to have jumped into a hyperdrive lane, but those can't exist in low atmosphere!

"You two! I need you to fire in the general area where the ship just was, or find someone who can! It can't have just left, it's gotta be cloaking itself!"

Of course, if Blanche had more time to think about the scenario, she might've thought about how magic could probably totally be used to warp someone elsewhere, like what happened with the pit fiend who grabbed her. Sure, a whole entire ship is kind of insane and would require a metric crapton of magic, but there's still a precedent. Right now though? She's still running on worry and adrenaline.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

"Aye, people in Sigil aren't that different from those 'ere in the Nexus." Michalson nods in affirmation. "They've seen it all and they've got enough trouble without lookin' for it. A pair o' griffins won't turn many 'eads when there's fiends wanderin' around unbothered. You just need to be careful, especially in the Hive, where I grew up. It's one of the wards of Sigil and, well... it's a slum."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Marlick Bay]
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Zophiel is glad everyone came in with that save. Especially Anchor.
    That was amazingly timed.
    "Thanks," he says to her. "I wasn't expecting that thing to come back." Especially since its corpse is still over there.

Once the crab is gone, Zophiel stares at the hole in time as he catches his breath. Holes in time like that are actually something really familiar to him - things like that are all over his homeworld. Luckily, it's small and isn't growing and nothing is climbing out, so he feels no need to do anything about it. Just watching it, to ensure none of that stuff actually happens.

Hearing Sekhmet, he straightens up and goes to the door. "It is?" he asks for confirmation, as he looks for it.
    Oh.
    There it is.
    He watches it to see what it does: what's Neptune going to tell them to do this time?
    "Any time. I mean, you gotta be- ready for anything."
    Oh, a hole in time. Cool. But there's no time to they shouldn't stay and look into it.
    Anchor heads outside with the others, and will follow the bird.

Beach Party
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Supers
    "Bit of both, I guess." Then Skye asks a follow-up question. "I guess I misspoke. My holograms are used for entertainment. Hardlight has more niche uses. And yes, the trick is my personal secret. I don't intend to give that information away."
    "Ah, two different sets of applications. That does clear things up."
    Skye looks out at the shore.
    "I don't think I quite understand the appeal of a beach."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Beach Party

"I guess I don't know either." Jade replies, "Something about the sun, surf, and sand is supposed to be relaxing. And something about young, attractive people enjoying themselves therein." And her not taking part because she sprouted a pair of boobs. It's just too awkward for her. Why did she come here like this?

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

Marlick Bay

A hole in time... Fascinating. If only Benedict had the time (ironic, he knows) to study it. Or at least stabilise it and take it home with him. He wants to touch it, but it probably would interact badly with the stolen youth Benedict is currently wearing.

Instead, he'll have to follow the others and hope that bird really is more than it seems. If not, Benedict might have to find a crossbow somewhere so he can treat it as ancient mariners treat albatrosses.

Beach Party
    How to Defend Yourself against a Banana

"That actually sounds perfect. Come on, there's a spot to sit down over there with a bit more space than most." Prumathe points to a bit that is a short distance away, but out of the main paths.

Teen Loves

Before they leave, Natalie frowns a little. "Wormholes are worse. At least portals are permanent structures and don't require much maintenance. Old ones get erratic, but that's after a century or so. Wormholes need someone feeding power into them and stop working the moment they aren't fed any more." So less practical than portals, but they have their advantages. Quicker to set up, for one.

Jack & Chidi

Jack caws as she's complimented, and flies up to land on Chidi's arm, stretching her wings out so he can see the difference between her upper, auk wings with waterproof feathers and staring eyes and the lower pair, which are actual jackdaw wings. She likes being stroked, too, though the massage is more tempting. It's not long before she flies off and lands, reversing the process so feathers shoot into her body, she gets bigger, the tail disappears back into her spine, her arms adjust and reposition with the elbow joint moving down further from the shoulder and the beak disappearing into her face. She keeps a few feathers in her hair, though- and not by mistake; she's deliberately kept them. She winces slightly as she pulls one out and offers it to Chidi. "Here, a souvenir for before the massage." She grins and finds a bare patch where she sits down, lying back on her folded wings before rolling onto her stomach and resting her head on her crossed arms, looking up at Chidi.

Zaabi

Abi follows suit, but doesn't use the spade- for shaping, she mostly uses her hands. She runs off and grabs a tub from somewhere before filling it with seawater and using it to rinse her hands every so often, to prevent them getting super sandy.

18. - Top - End - #378

[Moonwell]

Geneva, being out cold, doesn't object to being scooped up and carried.

She's... really small.

Like the size of a smallish house cat. With a really extra long tail.

She doesn't object to being placed somewhere secure, either. It'll probably take a bit of time for her to come around.

[Marlick Bay]

And so all eyes are on the bird.

It was injured last time, wasn't it? There's still some tried blood on the thing, but it looks as if the injury had healed days ago. Which is odd, because it looked fresh and that was what? Maybe two hours ago? Three? Strange, either way. As our heroes watch, the bird takes flight and sails down over the edge of the mount the chapel is on top of. Down, down, down it goes until it lands on a particularly pillar-shaped rock sticking out of the surf far below. It looks like there's a trail leading down there from behind the church, but it's a tentative thing. It would be easy to overlook if one weren't actually searching for it.

The trailhead, though, is a bit harder to find. More so than the portions that are plain to see below. Should our heroes hunt, they'll find the stone stairs begin behind a number of overgrown shrubs at the edge of the cliff.

So.

It would appear as though THIS is how one reaches the caverns deep below.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

Marlick Bay

Sekhmet determinedly searches for a way down. There must be one. She has to find the last piece. But she's not going to be the one to find the stairs. She's looking in the wrong area of the hill.

Beach Party

"It looks perfect." Sekhmet says, following Prumathe there. She'll just sit down and stare out over the ocean. What is she thinking about?

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #380

[Marlick Bay]

Zophiel, of course, follows the bird. It's worked so far, right? Like, five or so times thus far.

He looks down at the at the pillar-shaped rock, and immediately spots the path there at the bottom of the cliff and by the pillar. "That's a relief: there's a shortcut down from here," he says. Much better than going all the way around and through the town.

Starting at the bottom, his eyes trace up the clifftrail. Once he's traced it halfway up, he has a general idea of where the trailhead should be: "It should start somewhere over there..." He points in the direction of the trailhead, but stays in place to trace up the trail farther and further narrow down where it should start. Since its head isn't entirely obvious, at all.

Once he traces it up to the top, then unless someone else finds it first (which is likely) then he goes to look for it in the place he traced it to. And then, begin descending.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beach Party]

Teen Loves

"Another thing that works differently in your world, maybe." Karasu notes, then it's out of the water and back to GLoG, arm-in-arm!

Jack & Chidi

Chidi accepts the souvenir gratefully and stores it in his inventory. "Thanks." He grins back, and once she's in position, kneels down besides her and puts his hands on her back, starting his sound-enhanced massage once again. "Can you eat and drink human food in bird form?"

Zaabi

Once they're done with getting the basic castle shape down, it's time to start filling in the details! "What do you have for that, Abi?" She reaches into her own bag and produces a paint stirrer for smoothing, defining the walls and ledges. "We can use the animated sand for gargoyles!"
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Halfling in the Playground

[Beach Party - D&D]

"Oh, it's not that scary."

Wilfred raises an eyebrow. "Did ye na' nearly die like three times in tha past dozen assignments ye were given?"

"I-" Ithuriel pauses and focuses her attention on Dibbles. "Look, only one of them was actually a close call and it was hardly a normal assignment, was it? They throw me at that kinda thing 'cos they know I can take it!"

"Aye, sure, but thar's only one o' ye and ye cannae be errywhere at once! It's only a mat'r o' time 'fore someone else has tae face somethin' like tha', or gets put on some assignment that turns out far nastier than was thought."

"I know that. I'm not everywhere at once. Point is, Intersection has teams they can send in for the really nasty stuff, right? And if you don't feel up to doing something like that, they're not going to send you! Either of you!" Ithuriel counters, glancing across at Melvin. "You two do good work, you know."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party
    Prumathe's Girlfiend

Prumathe's not too curious about her thoughts, so long as he can sit next to her and hug her, looking out to sea.

Jack & Chidi

"Of course I can. Can probably eat jackdaw food as a human, too, but the tastebuds change and I don't know how. Besides, jackdaw diet overlaps a human one far more than the other way around." Jackdaws are in the crow family, meaning they're opportunist generalists, with a diet of fruit, grain, carrion and occasionally fresh meat.

"Oooh, that's good."

Zaabi

"I didn't pack much, I'm afraid. I didn't actually expect we'd be building a sand castle." She grins, enjoying herself and glad Zara is too, but if it weren't for her younger siblings she'd have probably stopped building them herself a few years ago. "I've got some toothpicks, and a nail file."

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Beach Party- D&D

"Well, yeah. We're support. That's what we signed on for. The only reason we got moved to field duty was everyone getting locked down 'cause of the skinwalkers. We're suited for making kids laugh and getting information from nowhere. Not punching things into dust." Of course, he says that as the person who when shifted scores some of the highest physical scores in strength, endurance, and even sprinting of folks without physical-enhancing magic.

Beach Party- Several Nicks

"Oh, good. When I go somewhere I tend to want to bring my guns, my wings, but preferably both." Nick says with a nod.
    "We probably should avoid both going on any super dangerous trips, though." It's a bit of a concern when you have eggs in the nest.

Meanwhile!

Nick makes a grand gesture and the tip of his stretched wave extends into the moat, filling it in just two passes. He'll also direct a small stream to jump from the wave into the waiting bucket.
    "That's the perks of being a river dragon. I could do more if it wasn't salty." Indeed, if Khannie or Navvy taste the collected water they'll notice it's salt-free.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

25. - Top - End - #385
    Firbolg in the Playground

Beach Party
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "I guess I don't know either." Jade replies, "Something about the sun, surf, and sand is supposed to be relaxing. And something about young, attractive people enjoying themselves therein." And her not taking part because she sprouted a pair of boobs. It's just too awkward for her. Why did she come here like this?
    "The sun is nice, the sand is annoying, the attractive people ... not for me. Or you neither?" Skye surmises.
    You might call it being optimistic, Jade. Nothing's really stopping you except yourself, after all.

[Marlick Bay]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    And so all eyes are on the bird.

It was injured last time, wasn't it? There's still some tried blood on the thing, but it looks as if the injury had healed days ago. Which is odd, because it looked fresh and that was what? Maybe two hours ago? Three? Strange, either way. As our heroes watch, the bird takes flight and sails down over the edge of the mount the chapel is on top of. Down, down, down it goes until it lands on a particularly pillar-shaped rock sticking out of the surf far below. It looks like there's a trail leading down there from behind the church, but it's a tentative thing. It would be easy to overlook if one weren't actually searching for it.

The trailhead, though, is a bit harder to find. More so than the portions that are plain to see below. Should our heroes hunt, they'll find the stone stairs begin behind a number of overgrown shrubs at the edge of the cliff.

So.

It would appear as though THIS is how one reaches the caverns deep below.
    The bird could be as caught up in Time alterations as anything here, or perhaps it's emblematic of the state of the town or the god.

Anchor watches the bird wearily. If they hadn't had all those cultists to fight, she'd be in shape to get everyone down there easily. But now it looks like-
    When Zophiel points out a direction, she starts searching through the brush. Her shadow notices the trail, points it out to her, and she calls everyone over.
    "Stairs! Right over here."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #386

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Moonwell Convergence]

Awen, standing in the back, notices that Anika probably didn't hear her question.
    And it looks like the demon isn't really hampered by the vacuum, and its magic fire still seems to work in spite of the vacuum.
    She realizes there's really no point in continuing the vacuum spell - the surroundings must be hot enough that just their radiation alone is too hot.

So, she halts that magic and air returns to the rooms.

On the bright side, it looks like Laz has this handled. The most the witch can do for now, she thinks, is just continue weakening the demon so that Laz can finish it off. Beating these demons is so much easier when there's other people here, she thinks.

It seems like just waiting is Awen's best option, so that's what she does.
    And so, Awen just pulls at the whip handle and holds it tight.
    Likewise, the noose pulls up at the demon, draining its energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Moonwell Convergence

Saint Lazarus wrongly attributes her regenerating skin and eyes solely to that chunk of demonic meat she just stole from the pit lord. It's an easy enough mistake to make; eating the flesh of sapient beings usually is her primary source of healing, and keeps her body looking fresh and nice and mostly human. Something is definitely out of the ordinary here, though. For her healing to be accelerated this much, this must be the highest quality meat she's had since her first. God, this must be the best thing she's ever dined on ever.

So naturally, she's going to keep eating.

She grabs her sword's handle in both hands, to rip it out of the demon's chest and clumsily bat aside the enormous hands feebly trying to stop her. She doesn't need her sword for much more than that; just one defensive swipe to give her time to thrust a hand into the demon's stab wound. Half-blind as she is, it's hard to tell how far this stab wound goes; if she managed to get through muscle and organs or if her blade got caught on fat and bone before it could make any real progress. Still, there has to be something in there worth wrapping her armored fingers around. Something worth ripping out and pulling into her hungry, ravenous jaws.
    Moonwell Convergence

The demon is seemingly helpless as Laz, or perhaps whatever was in charge or her now, rips open its belly with her sword. There is a lot of black essence oozing out of the wound attempting to mend to injury but to no avail. Her claws will find more than its fill of demonic flesh within. While she might not be able to see it, or even hear sounds of the creature she's tearing up the insides of, she can even through her armored gloves feel make out that consistency which can only be flesh.

Human, elf, demon... their flesh was all not that different when it came down to it. If Laz would devour it, it almost even tastes the same.

Organs start to drip out of the pit lords belly when it finally manages to utter it's final words of power. It had no energy to strike back but there was a fail-safe all fiends could turn to.
    In an instant there is a bright flash fire that exists only for a moment and once it's gone the essence covered Laz will now also be covered in demonic ashes as that's what the creature and all its possessions have turned into. Though there's still a meal left for her as the flesh she sank her claws in and all the organs that spilled out are still there for her feast.

Only now seem Anika to consider Awen again and turns to face her. "Uh... wow. You okay back there? Turns out this was a really bad time to be wearing a bikini, huh?" The druid inquires as she starts to try to brush off the demonic ashes that have ended up covering her.

In the distance they can hear something that sounds like one of the metal doors on board the ship slamming shut.

Now that they might have a moment to look around they will see that the room they're in seems to be some kind of common room. There are four small metal tables, one in each corner of the room and what appear to be containment space on shelves above them. It doesn't appear to have been used for a very long time though judging by the layer of dust.
    Then the whole ship starts shaking as its hit by two powerful blasts. Feels like someone is shooting at the ship.

[Moonwell]

There is no reply, but there might always be a delay as Anika isn't usually quick on picking up. She could spend two minutes looking for the communicator only to realize it was right on her wrist the entire time.

"Aye, aye!"
    There are no objections to her orders however. Seemed reasonable enough, and so people starts to scramble below the deck to fire the cannons.
    "Uh, but aren't they still on the ship? What if we hit them?" A dragon-like lad inquires.
    "It's fine, then we just stop firing... right?" A ork in a robe replies.

But the cannons had already been readied so before the argument has a chance to go any further all cannons aimed in the direction Blanche pointed at fires.
    Sure enough, two of the blasts hit something unseen and they vague outlines of the obelisk can be made out against the water on the horizon. "We found it!"

Meanwhile, on the moon well island it appear that the demons continue to gate away. It actually looks like they're in full retreat. Whatever goal they had here either accomplished or failed.

27. - Top - End - #387

Moonwell

”Use your lowest caliber shells, the goal is to see if the ship is there, not cause actual damage,” Blanche answers with a little annoyance. It should be common sense if the goal of this task isn’t to destroy, especially if allies are on the ship and they can’t see if they’ll hit a critical component or not. Besides, if the ship isn’t there, lower caliber ammo is way less important to expend on nothing. “And you saw the ship, it’s pretty dang armored. I think we’d only risk a chance of hurting them if they were outside of it, and we’d see them on the exterior of it’s cloaked.”

A small grin takes shape as her assumption proves correct, and Blanche turns to whoever is piloting. ”We need to fly in close, get our people off that ship before it can retreat and take them with it. Don’t focus on taking that thing out either - our goal is to secure this place, eliminating hostiles is secondary.”
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

28. - Top - End - #388
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beach Party]

Jack & Chidi

"Don't get many massages, will you? I hope I don't ruin them for you." Chidi grins, continuing to massage her back, neck, shoulders and even her wings. "After we're done, we should go and meet Jade... the woman I pointed to earlier." The person Jack knows as Jason.

Zaabi

"That'll do, we can use this paint stirrer carving the walls and ledges, nail file for making windows and doorways; and toothpicks for smoothing out minute details and tracing lines. We need shells, stones and sea glass to make it even prettier!" Zara declares, glad most of all that they're sharing this moment together. She stops for a moment to hug Abi tightly and kiss her, separating with a happy laugh and giggle. "Let's do the walls!" Luckily, she has two paint stirrers, and hands Abi one.
    Love is the message.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

Beach Party

Prumathe's Girlfiend

This is nice. Sekhmet doesn't mind just sitting here and hugging Prumathe back. The ocean is beautiful, and she's glad to be able to share it with him.

Jade and Skye

"No, I already said, I'm not really comfortable with that." Not hard Jade is really comfortable with anything. She's certainly not comfortable with wearing a bikini right now. She spots Chidi watching her again, but tries not to think about it. As far as she knows, he's still into her. Oh, why did she decide to wear so little clothes?

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #390

Geneva offers a wry smile. "I spent several years surviving in the Wasteland. I'd like to think I can handle a little bit of urban exploration."

But then Nick offers reasonable insight.

Geneva gives a small huff. "Yeah, probably not. It sounds like such a great research opportunity, though! I only really have the Nexus as a point of reference right now. Gathering data from another hub universe would be absolutely invaluable for my modeling simulations."

Think of the simulations, Nick!

Think of how amazing they would be!

"Though, Michalson, if you wouldn't mind a few more questions. What was it that caused you to decide coming here? After all, the Nexus sounds quite similar to Sigil."

Meanwhile!

Navvy decides to start filling the moat while Khannie sticks the sprig of red kelp into the sand nearby.

It's a tree!

Sort of.

"That's just super swell, Nick. I wish I could swish water around like that."

"Yeah, but you can poof buckets out of nowhere. That's cool, too,"
    Khannie points out as she begins filling one of the buckets the little wyrmling made with sand. Buckets are the best way to make towers after all.