New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 5: Kinda like One Piece without the anime

[Beach Party - Too Many Nicks]

Pink!Geneva is still absent at the time. Whatever she's doing is taking a few minutes.

Purple!Geneva is after a hot of whisky. "Too bad they don't have wild pegasus here..." she mutters as she downs the shot and grimaces.

One of the upsides to eggs!

No need to worry about harming the little ones when you really have to throw one back.

"I could really do without divinity level beings harassing me," Geneva sighs. "Just for a little while. It feels like there are particular people they like to pick on."

Which, unfortunately, she seems to be one of them.

"Well! On more positive notes. How would one get to Sigil from the Nexus?" Geneva asks. Yes. She's still on that.

Meanwhile!

Navvy decides to be brave and take one for the team!

He pulls a wrapper off one of the candies and pops it in his mouth!

"It's wicked sticky," he says as he chews on the taffy. "But really good."

...nothing weird appears to be happening to him.

Maybe it's safe?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Operation Sea Slug

"Go north, go north!" Leopold insists with gestures towards the jungle even as he's being dragged. He can't quite move as fast as TNN but he tries to at least not slow her down.

As they turn to run away they can no longer see the dragon but they would have to run quite a while to be unable to hear her and boy does she love to talk.

"This angers you doesn't it, Lannereth?" The dragon calls over the screams. "You love your pathetic little people so much despite them being so WEAK. But if you just hand over the core-"

The dragon abruptly stops talking and so does the screams.

If TNN or Will dares to look her way they will not like what they see.
    She's looking their way as if sensing their presence.

"Don't run now, I just need to talk to you~" Her voice have suddenly turned sickeningly sweet. "Think you've seen a demonic core I need~" And so the dragon have reached the top of the hill they were standing on in a single flap of the seemingly useless skeletal wings that nonetheless seem to carry it through the air.

They might realize that she's actually humming to herself now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Operation Sea Slug]

Will is hauled onto TTN's shoulder. He hastily starts refastening his armor as best as he can.
    "No, he's after you! And you don't get two heroic sacrifices in one day! Get us the hell out of here!" Will hisses into TTN's ear, feeling as helpless as the rest of today. What are they supposed to do against that? Lannereth better show if she doesn't want TTN ripped apart again after all that work she presumably did to revive her.

Operation Sea Slug

"...by Saint George, hold on tightly, both of you."
    TTN says as she hoists Leopold onto her free shoulder and bends her knees a little. She could feel her new muscles ache to be used, to go full bore out of the gate and flee. They felt even more powerful than her original ones. Once Leopold and Will are situated, she holds up her hand to give the dragon a very rude gesture before sprinting. The two young men are hardly a burden on her other than bulk, and she stays low as she flows through the jungle. "Direct me. North, of course, but where?" She hisses to Leopold. "And Will, let me know if you see anything flammable."

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

"It might be possible to find a portal," Michalson says, sounding uncertain. "I'd go lookin' in Inside, since it's the place 'ere most similar to Sigil, and portals care about such things. It's best to have some way to spot magic, or portals specifically. I have training and goggles to do that. Any dazzle that lets you travel through planes might do the trick too."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party- Too Many Richards]

"Pegasus? What would they do? Oh, is that a drink?" Nick isn't good at remembering all the booze from different dimensions.
    Nick sips at some bourbon at a much slower rate than Geneva.
    "Yeah. If I could stop it I would." As Fortuna she did see some dimensions where Nick was hit with all the weirdness instead of her.
    But in this one, it hits her first.

Meanwhile!

Well, Navvy hasn't blown up or anything so it looks like it's safe. Nick grins a dragony grin and has himself some candy too.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #485
    Halfling in the Playground

Beach Party- D&D

"Well, maybe. But I would care. I've broken so many chairs, Ithuriel. And I ruin every piece of clothing I own when it's hot. Hippos make their own sunscreen, you know." She might have noticed how many of his uniform have reddish stains on the collars and cuffs. Really any place that touches his skin. The trunks he's wearing are pristine, and therefore might be new. Someone should really teach him a laundry-spell.
    "But um. I'll try to keep track of things you owe me in the future." he mumbles.
    [Beach Party - D&D]

"Well, the two of you are pretty smart. I'm sure you can think up some way to hippo-proof things between you."

"It's na' tha' easy, Ithuriel."

"Okay, maybe it'd take some work, but it's gotta be doable, right?"

"Well prob'ly, but thar's nae enough time fer tha' kind o' stuff on tha' job."

Ithuriel sighs and waves over a bartender to distribute another round of drinks to the group. "You'll figure something out. I know you will."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Orc in the Playground

Marlick Bay

"I suppose you are right. Seems a pity to destroy somewhere of such power, however. But it is too far for me to keep as stable a watch as I would truly wish." Benedict looks around, and very nearly picks up the wand. Wouldn't be the first time he's taken an offering to an entity masquerading as a divinity. He stops himself, however; this shrine, unlike many of the others he has visited, has not been abandoned or neglected, and there are those that still worship here. In addition, to wand is a lesser prize to what he truly wants to get from this excursion.

He directs his lens to Sekhmet, and will keep looking through it at her- and Anchor's shadow, but that's not deliberate- whilst they wait. He won't stop her from providing any tug on time she may feel necessary, as he's interested in observing it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #487

[Marlick Bay]

Oh come on.

What kind of awful arcane horror would this be if it DIDN'T take regrets that would have serious negative repercussions if they were suddenly gone?

Sekhmet, meanwhile, begins rambling insanely! She's probably fine.

And Rebo is pretty sure that Sekhmet has a strong potential for infernal magic. Not very realized at this point in the timeline, however.

Man.

That's weird.

To think what impact all that has happened here might have changed what could have been and yet didn't. Almost as if there's some weird temporal nonsense going on.

There comes a *bloop!* noise as a serious of large bubbles surface and burst in one of the brine pools.

"I have plenty of equipment for tracking portals. And I've done a fair bit of investigation around Inside, but that's not saying much. Inside is mind mindbogglingly large. If there were only a single portal to Sigil missing it would be trivial to say the least. I suppose, then, that the most likely methodology would be to find the part of Inside that's most like Sigil,"
    Geneva reasons.

And gives a little giggle at Nick's question.

"Brand of whiskey. One of my friends back home really liked it."

Meanwhile!

"W-wait... I feel funny..." Navvy says suddenly before- "GAHCK!"

He makes a horrible gagging noise and flops over into the water!

Khannie freezes with a piece of candy inches from her open mouth.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Marlick Bay]

As it happens, Anchor is making a lot of sense.
    ((You don't even need to compare her to Sekhmet to see how much sense she's making. The spiral is the problem, or at least a symptom of it, and needs to eventually get dealt with.))
    And, while Zophiel is a little curious about what lay down that other path, with the statues, it's entirely possible that it's just connected to the underchapel. Makes the most sense to stay here.

The paladin, of course, loses a very specific regret; if he had noticed it leaving, he probably would regret paying respect to that altar. Although removing that won't change anything in the present, the next time he thinks about it, it'll probably have a significant impact. He, of course, doesn't notice what he doesn't remember, but...
    ...it'd probably be best to say that if asked about what he did shortly after leaving the Nexus, he now has very unpaladinly thoughts about it and feels completely in the right about it. In fact, if you ask him, he'd say he still feels the exact same as he did back when he did it. The several years of introspection has just led him to feeling more and more justified.
    This'll have significant impact on the mental seal he has, down the road. Maybe even shortly, but given the situation it seems unlikely to come up.

Hearing the bloop, Zophiel casts his eyes about to see where it's coming from. There. There! That hole in the ground.
    To avoid slipping, Zophiel doesn't run. But he moves in that direction, preparing for...something...that might come out. No idea what. But definitely something.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

Default Marlick Bay

"Spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals in spirals..." Sekhmet begins murmuring and rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet. She raises her hands, eyes closed trancelike, a relic clutched in each fist. She's feeling the timestream now, pushing and pulling at it around herself, causing her voice to speed up or slow down erratically. It seems she's snapped under everything that's going on.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #490
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Marlick Bay]

"That pillar, the ball, that sea creature altar thing, those all need to go. But I mean, the most important is getting that relic out of here, right?"
    Anchor herself heads over to the tiefling.
    "Sekhmet, can you hear us? Do you see when the relic is?"

Her shadow, well, it's a shadow. It's more tightly connected to Anchor than most shadows are. And it's got a life of its own, that's a bit unusual. It's got two other shadows-worth of darkness coiled up in there, making it heavier and stronger and stranger.
    Like all shadows, it resides in a nearby 3-dimensional world where only two of those dimensions are shared with this world. Unlike most shadows, it can manipulate the dimensional boundaries to do all sorts of strange things.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #491

[Operation Sea Slug]

Will is hauled onto TTN's shoulder. He hastily starts refastening his armor as best as he can.
    "No, he's after you! And you don't get two heroic sacrifices in one day! Get us the hell out of here!" Will hisses into TTN's ear, feeling as helpless as the rest of today. What are they supposed to do against that? Lannereth better show if she doesn't want TTN ripped apart again after all that work she presumably did to revive her.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Operation Sea Slug

"...by Saint George, hold on tightly, both of you."
    TTN says as she hoists Leopold onto her free shoulder and bends her knees a little. She could feel her new muscles ache to be used, to go full bore out of the gate and flee. They felt even more powerful than her original ones. Once Leopold and Will are situated, she holds up her hand to give the dragon a very rude gesture before sprinting. The two young men are hardly a burden on her other than bulk, and she stays low as she flows through the jungle. "Direct me. North, of course, but where?" She hisses to Leopold. "And Will, let me know if you see anything flammable."
    [Operation Sea Slug]

"Deeper, just deeper." Leopold replies with gesturing wildly towards the jungle. He might not have a particular location in mind.

The dragon is almost upon them however though it would likely have a difficult time landing due to all the trees. It's not even that concerned about them running as it uses up a lot of time talking. "Please. I'm not going to hurt you~" The dragon claims in what must be it's sweetest voice.
    "Give me directions and I will grant you..." It's orbs grow smaller as it seems to be peering at them. "I will take you anywhere you want~"
    "You do seem a little bit... out of place."
    It sounds awfully amused.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-07-19 at 01:58 PM.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

[Operation Sea Slug]

Will fumbles at his belt until he can get his hand around the grip of his pistol.
    "I think we should run." he whispers into Titania's ear.

[Beach Party- D&D]

"I could maybe learn laundry-magic. But it's hard to reinforce everything around you for explosive therianthropy. I mean it's better than the folks who have to do it slow and painful but it's not kind to things around me." The one blessing Melvin considers himself having is how fast he changes. He really wouldn't want to experience it slowly like in the movies considering how many times larger he gets. It would probably be really gross-feeling.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

"Aye, it won't be easy," Michalson "Findin' portals is an art in itself. I was passing good at it back in my day. Travelled here an' there around the planes. There are some routes that are as reliable as any planar travel can be. That's behind me, though. I plan to stay 'ere for good if I can."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Orc in the Playground

Marlick Bay

Benedict takes a half step back and steadies himself as Sekhmet begins her madness-chant. He hears the bloop, but unless something really obvious jumps out and starts attacking, dancing, or screaming, he's not likely to notice. He's far too interested in what Sekhmet's doing, convinced that she's going to do something that would bring the relic into reality and... And Benedict realises he's not sure if it will immediately merge with Sekhmet and the others, killing her (probably) and potentially creating a burst of energy that would be very bad indeed, or if he could knock Sekhmet out and grab it before she can recover. So he splits his focus and starts to draw two shapes in the air. One, drawn by his right hand (and drawn faster than the other symbol) is green, and the symbol drawn by his left hand is red. The green symbol is a defensive glyph, creating a shield that should block and reduce any energy that tries to get past it. He has to keep his right hand at a slightly awkward angle, however, since he doesn't want it to interfere with his other glyph. That's a sleep spell, should it become necessary, to knock Sekhmet out.

15. - Top - End - #495

[Marlick Bay]

Another bloop.

Oh.

There's a bloated corpse in that brine pit.

Probably just releasing methane nothing to worry about no big deal the cadaver just split open like a cocoon and thing that's an awful amalgam of a human and a bobbit worm that's probably at least six times too large to fit inside the body just erupted out.

The pelagic horror lashes out at the nearest thing, in this case Zoph, and attempts to brush its glass bristles full of paralyzing toxin across his exposed skin. Should the venom do its work, it'll employ its massive jaws next.

Getting bit by this thing would be highly ill-advised.

Another corpse in a brine pool erupts, another shambling thing mixed with a lobster hauling itself onto the damp cave floor.

Then another, this time a grotesque moray eel.

With each creature, a pulse of... static? Darkness? Unlight? Something briefly flares around the altar. It appears to be summoning these abominations. Someone should probably encourage it to stop doing that.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-07-19 at 05:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party- Too Many Nicks]

"Well, from the sounds of it, best place would be Inside. One of the more dreary and arcane districts if possible." Not any of the open spaces or the cheery kind. Sounds like the most like Sigil you'd get.

Meanwhile!

"Navvy!" Nick Jr, exclaims, bounding over to the other dragonet.
    "You better not be faking!" he growls as he looks him over. He doesn't really know anything about biology except to look for breathing and heartbeats. And he doesn't know where to look for a heartbeat on a dragon...

17. - Top - End - #497

[Marlick Bay]

Gasp!
    It's a...
    ...thing!

Zophiel's too close so he can't react in time to completely stop it. He gets hit by some paralyzing toxin (again). And, (again) mass affects dosage so. . .it doesn't immediately affect him as much as it would others. He takes a step back and turns his body, to keep himself from getting hit by more of these bristles, and to give himself more time to react.

His arm that was farther away is more able to move, but it's also the hand that didn't have his sword in it. So, obviously, just using muscles won't work. Since, y'know, partial paralysis.

Black lines spirals spread out of his paralyzed hand, twisting around the sword hilt and moving up the blade.

Then, Zophiel's farther-away-hand raises, as if moving a puppet, with black threads. And similarly, the sword raises. Then, the sword fixes itself in space.

Zophiel takes another step back.
    And the sword is now interposed between the paladin and the paralysis-creature. And if the creature wants to bite him, it'll first have to impale itself on his sword.
    And impaling yourself on this sword would be similarly ill-advised.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

Default Marlick Bay

Chaos erupts. Sekhmet ignores the monsters, ignores her companions' struggles. "We spiral down to a future we do not see. The future is spiraling up to us. No matter how far in you go, the same amount still remains to pass." She reaches out through time, grasping at the relic that she knows is coming. She pulls, trying to bring it now. "What will be is, and what is will never be!"

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #499

Moonwell Convergence

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Moonwell Convergence

"Thanks for the offer, but it's okay. Let's focus on the demon slaying now."
    Anika then starts to approach Saint Laz to check if sh's okay (and what in Elune's name she was doing) but loses her balance and falls to the floor when she entire room makes a 180 degree turn.

"Hey, are you- shiiiiiit!"

If Awen did manage to get up on her broom she will be spared from the sudden shift unlike the druid and Saint Laz. Evidently there is at least one demon left controlling the ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Moonwell Convergence]

Awen is incredibly glad that she got onto her broom. No need to fall over, which is good.
    Falling over isn't fun.

She noticed that it turned completely around, however.

The witch tries to deduce what's going on: the ship was escaping, moving directly away from the Vigil ship. Judging by how far it turned, it's either going back to Vigil's ship, or it's going to the moonwell. Probably not the moonwell, honestly. Which leaves..."They're going to ram the ship," she says. And if the rest of Vigil had some way to take down this ship, they would've done so already.

They need to find the steering, or whatever. Or whatever passes as an engine, and destroy it.

In order to solve this, Awen tries yet another spell. She tears off a pinch of hair from her arm, and then dips it in her own blood. Then, like eyedrops, she puts drops into an eye. This, of course, is a magic that'll let her find other demons. Not just any demons, obviously - it won't find any of those raven demons or other kinds of demons that are around, but instead only demons who are the same type as the one they just barely fought. It's not ideal, but she doesn't really have any other choice other than to just run around the ship hallways looking for something.

She turns around, looking for any of that same kind of demon; even (normal) walls can't stop her sight.
    Bluh.

Can't a flesh-eating monster eat in peace? She won these spoils of war fair and square, after all. Honestly, the nerve of some people. Do they really think turning the entire ship sideways is enough to stop her? Saint Lazarus drags herself up off the ground and looks for someone to complain to, but it looks like there aren't any more demons left to tear asunder. Bah, cowards!

...That doesn't mean there aren't more demons elsewhere, though, does it? In face, since the last demon so generously left us so much demonic material to work with, we could probably find another by scent, couldn't we? Laz just has to close her eyes, inhale, and...
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

20. - Top - End - #500

"It sounds like finding a portal would be half the adventure all on its own," Geneva laughs. "There are a few parts of Inside that are statistically more prone to bridge manifestation than others. That might be a good place to start."

And then?

Other Geneva returns!

In that human form she regularly Transforms into. Northern European looking with conspicuously pink hair. The major difference at the moment?

She's wearing an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polkadot bikini!

And looking more than a little self-conscious about it. You know the body language. Arms pulled in tight, fiddling with her hair. That sort of thing. Obviously she's wearing this thing for the first time ever today.

"So... uh... what do you think? Does it look good?"
    she asks a bit hesitantly.

"I think it looks cute," the hippogriff chirps.

Meanwhile!

"Totally faking it," Navvy confesses as he pops his head back out of the water. "Oh wow I really got you guys good."

Khannie tosses her piece of candy at the dragon. "That was dumb!"

21. - Top - End - #501
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Marlick Bay]

Oh, she knew she should have just started wrecking it all immediately.

Anchor pushes away from Sekhmet, twirling around to face the altar again. Run forward, jump, step off the back of the lobster-man, and then jab the spear down at the altar!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #502
    Halfling in the Playground

[Beach Party- D&D]

"I could maybe learn laundry-magic. But it's hard to reinforce everything around you for explosive therianthropy. I mean it's better than the folks who have to do it slow and painful but it's not kind to things around me." The one blessing Melvin considers himself having is how fast he changes. He really wouldn't want to experience it slowly like in the movies considering how many times larger he gets. It would probably be really gross-feeling.
    [Beach Party - D&D]

"Laundry magic?"

"Aye."

"That's not re-"

"Aye, it's real. Ye wouldna' believe half tha' schools o' magic there are. Ye ken all sortsa magic ye wouldna' think of. Thar's a wee tome o' four thousand pages y'could- ah, nae, not tha' sorta thing ye'd do, aye?"

"Uh, not particularly. I think I get the idea though." Ithuriel does not look like she really gets it.

Dibbles does not look like he thinks Ithuriel gets it.

"Okay, what about controlling it then? I know Intersection has tried a number of things with, well, not a great deal of success, but what have you tried specifically? Maybe there's something we could do to help it happen less often and more predictably."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson isn't really sure who this person is. A part of Geneva? Or something like that? It'd probably be rude to ask. It's really not his business.

"It looks nice, though I'm probably the wrong basher to ask," he admits.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

Beach Party- D&D

"Well..." Melvin squirms.
    "I may have accepted an apprenticeship from a local very large wizard. Whose magic actually is stored in the body and so it uh. Well.
    It means I'm better at it the bigger I am. So I uh. Actually need to change to use it. So uh. Lately I only get to look like myself when I make plans beforehand."

You would think he'd be used to it if he's been spending most of his days hulked out. But apparently he hasn't.

Beach Party- Too Many Nicks

Nick gives Pink!Geneva a griffiny smile, which is more in the face as a whole than his mouth.
    "You look great. But I can't really join you, dressed like this." Nick shifting while not wearing much of anything would probably make quite a scene. So he shouldn't be going and doing that.

Meanwhile!

"Super uncool, Navvy. Don't mess around. Thought I was gonna keel over too." grumps Nick. If Navvy wasn't faking he would have been in serious trouble.
    Which is why Navvy is getting splashed right now. Splashed!

25. - Top - End - #505
    Orc in the Playground

Marlick Bay

As soon as the monsters start to appear and attack, Benedict completes the sleep symbol he'd been pointing at Sekhmet's back. He wasn't focusing on it as much as he could have, since he was casting another spell at the same time, so it might not work very well and won't keep Sekhmet asleep for long- a minute or two at most, unless Sekhmet's already tired or a naturally deep sleeper.

That done, he looks around at the tower and dismisses the energy shield. Against physical attacks, it wouldn't be as much use. He'll sketch a shape in red light and blast the pulsating pillar with exploding needles, though they might not have the penetration power to actually damage the stone.

26. - Top - End - #506

[Marlick Bay]

Zoph keeps having bad luck with these terrible worm-people full of paralytic venom. Maybe he should invest in worm repellent. Or at least something that will prevent all this poison from getting into him all the time since it keeps happening. One way or the other, the warding sword holds it at bay for a few moments at least while it tries to figure out what to do about this new impediment to its progress.

The lobster man, being pretty large and lobstery, has trouble reacting quickly when Anchor makes use of the spear. At about the same time, Benedict tries to zonk Sekhmet and fires magical spikes at the altar.

Spikes?

Blast a bunch of messy holes in the organic looking pillar.

Spear?

The altar explodes twice in a shower of rancid goop, brine, chunky organic bits, and chitin.

What a mess.

The destruction of the pillar seems to have upset the awful pelagic horrors. The eel-man strikes out at Benedict with its double jaws while the lobster moves to crush Anchor in its massive claws. And the worm? It slithers off toward Sekhmet intent on causing her grievous bodily harm.

Depending on whether or not Sekhmet falls asleep one of several other things will take place.

In this shattered moment the future is uncertain.

[Too Many Richards]

Rude to ask?

C'mon, Geneva loves explaining stuff. It's her favorite thing.

Pink gives a self-conscious smile and tugs at her hair. "Well, uh, that's why you should always carry several changes of clothing in your inventory just in case."

"She's right, being prepared is always a good plan! Out in the Wasteland you never know when a spare mop may save your life," Purple agrees.

"Yeah! Like that one time with the mine!"

Life saving mops.

Always have one.

Pink quickly moves through the sand, doing her best to dance from one foot to another to avoid being in contact with the hot sand for too long. Relief is visible when the surf begins washing her toes.

As if sensing the question, Purple says, "She's me. Just the me from a different world. It's... weird. And complicated. And wholly Fortuna's fault."

Meanwhile!

"Aaww shucks, I'm sorry, I thought it would be funny," Navvy sulks.

Then gets splashed.

As is only natural, this quickly results in retaliatory splashing.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Default Marlick Bay

Sekhmet collapses to one knee. She's so sleepy. But she can rest later. She's oblivious to the danger, to the worm crawling towards her or the explosions, or the fact that Benedict just cast a spell on her. All her focus is on doing what she knows she must do: pulling the relic back to her. It must be complete. She must complete it. She might have a will like a damp napkin, but the force controlling her does not. "I... Must..."

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #508

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Is the Moonwell Even Still There After That Explosion?]

Geneva makes a tiny, groggy animal noise. It probably isn't heard over all the commotion of the incoming ram attempt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Moonwell - Taking Command

The catgirl blanches for a moment as she realizes just exactly what the ship is up to before her mind starts to race, trying to formulate a plan. "How well can we take an impact from below?" she demands from the captain, before attempting to raise Anika, Awen and St Lazarus again. "Guys do you read me? The dragon's gone, the demons are retreating. We need you out of there before it leaves!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Moonwell Convergence

Bluh.

Can't a flesh-eating monster eat in peace? She won these spoils of war fair and square, after all. Honestly, the nerve of some people. Do they really think turning the entire ship sideways is enough to stop her? Saint Lazarus drags herself up off the ground and looks for someone to complain to, but it looks like there aren't any more demons left to tear asunder. Bah, cowards!

...That doesn't mean there aren't more demons elsewhere, though, does it? In face, since the last demon so generously left us so much demonic material to work with, we could probably find another by scent, couldn't we? Laz just has to close her eyes, inhale, and...
    Moonwell - Taking Catmmando

Those who aren't busy with something else, either preparing the cannons or fixing something else on the ship, don't look too sure if they can answer Blanche's question. But then a short fox-like little humanoid in the most oversized boots imaginable, likely to be able to even see over the railing of the ship, walks up besides Blanche. "From that thing at that speed? There's probably structural damage from the last impact so I don't think she's gonna take one more of those. You probably can't tell from distance, but she's speeding up, you meowister. We either need to get our ship out of the way or shoot her down and we won't have more than a few minutes to decide." The fox person pats Blanche on the shoulder. "So you should probably get to that, catto."

Moonwell Convergence

Saint Laz can get the scent far faster than Awen can get off the spell even though the information won't be nearly as precise.
    The ghoul knight can tell that the scent coincides with the sound that she heard but probably not registered during her feeding frenzy. A fiend went through the corridor to her right and closed the door behind it.

Anika have gotten up and looks to Awen. "Ram- oh crap! We gotta stop it!" Rather than getting out apparently. Then she rushes up to Laz just in time to see the ghoul knight make off with demon insides still dripping from her.
    "Wait, dude, were you eating that?" Anika remarks without stopping.

Laz can open the first door she encounters easily. It wasn't even locked.
    But already as she grabs the handle she can feel the heat it gives off. It would burn a normal person's hand the moment they touched it. But Laz hunger would likely make her ignore the pain and so the door is flung open.
    If the heat was nearly unbearable in the rest of the ship, it absolutely is in here. It's a long corridor with the walls and the ceiling lined with metal tubes. These tubes occasionally lets out fumes that easily could scald unprotected skin, as they would find out if they attempt to enter it unprotected.
    At the end of the corridor is another door. The fiend she's hunting went through it.

As the other two rushed ahead Awen's spell finishes up and she will get some information. There are two more of those fiends on board the ship and they're staying in a room up ahead. One of them is by the door of the room while the other is standing sitting on some sort of chair in the middle of it.
    There might be other demons inside the room of course, but there are only two of the fiends at least. That much Awen can tell from her spell.

[Is the Moonwell Even Still There After That Explosion?]

The moon well was the most well protected part within the demons shield and thus its actually relatively unscathed.

29. - Top - End - #509

Moonwell - Taking Catmmando

Normally "meowister" would give her pause, but Blanche is far too focused on the task at hand to remark on it. "Move to avoid it but prepare to fire if it doesn't look like we're gonna pull it off. I don't know how well the three can get off the ship if we down it - but between Anika's bird form and Awen's broom, they should have some capacity to do so," she states firmly. She shrugs off the hand on her shoulder, not appreciating the physical contact, and stepping forward to get a closer look of the ship.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

[Too Many Richards]

"That doesn't explain as much as it might sound. But 'complicated' is right," Michalson says. "What I can say with confidence right now is that Fortuna means a tanar'ri's worth of trouble."