Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 5: Kinda like One Piece without the anime

[Pyramid on a volcanic island]

The creature certainly can hear them shouting. It reaches upwards, its pale hand swaying lightly in the darkness until it finds the lower edge of the pit. A thin, dark line appears on its face and then opens into a gaping dark maw as the creature howls.

"ArooooOOOOOoooo! ArooooOOOOoooo!"

Its a low and melancholic sound. The creature keeps running its finger along the lower edge of the pit, but gives up after a while, squatting and letting its arms down, its hands resting against the floor. It closes its maw, but keeps its head turned up towards Magdalene. There it waits.

Then, from deep within the pyramid, comes a reply . "Arooo! Arooo! Arooo!" The noise grows louder and louder, as if the pit is funneling sound towards Leah and Magdalene from multiple sources and directions. Whatever this creature is, its not the only one of its kind.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Opeation Seaslug

Unfortunately for both Leopold and Will, Titania's landing is going to feel far more rough than it looks considering that despite being able to fall to her knees and take the brunt of the impact upon herself, they'd likely end up dazed and with more than just the wind knocked out of them given their ride on her shoulders. "Our best bet would be to try and link up with Lannereth, I believe." She decides, thinking it over as she checks her partners over for injuries. "Unless there is some point to us running through this forest apart from cover of course. Though now that the dragon is downed, it might also be the time to strike..." More than a small part of her, likely driven by her deeply ingrained sense of romantic chivalry, wanted to go and slay the massive beast. Then again, it was already quite dead despite its animation.

"Is it possible to transfer you into another vessel?"
    She asks the odd Intelligence within her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Operation Sea Slug

Will clings tightly to Titania even as the impact presses him against her shoulder to the point of bruising. He wheezes, but manages to recover after a few seconds.
    ”My arm-gun barely scratched that thing. If you want to fight it, it’ll be just you.”
    Will shakes his head. He would really rather not do that.
    ”Either of you know enough about demon magic to pick out a good spot for it? That’s probably where Lannereth went before all this happened.” Because why would a dusty mage like her leave a library if she could help it? To go do something probably.
    Bombmercials

Azil raises an eyebrow as he looks up at Blanche. "Wouldn't it be too hot if you had more clothes, miss?"

"Pretty sure she means the skirt, Puddlewick." Gilbling says with a gesture at the catgirls crotch.

He blinks. "Oh. Uh... you want a longer one?" He scratches his chin. "I guess I could have someone go into town and buy a new one for you but... I had wanted to start the filming now."

"Remember that she isn't an actual actor, Puddlewick. Just an amateur." Gilbling chides.

"Ah, yeah. Sorry. Normally, I want people to mention that kind of issues a while before we start off. Don't suppose you can work with what you got? No pressure but... going into town can take a while as I wasn't aware there was an issue with that one. It's pretty common wear around here. No one would think twice about it." He smiles apologetically.

"Can't she burrow any of your clothes, guys?" Anika suggests as she looks around at the goblin crew who doesn't come out with any immediate offers.

"Don't think of us are miss Turath's size I'm afraid." Azil shakes his head. "But we could always add a CGI skirt post-production if you're really uncomfortable with it."

Anika opens her mouth but Azil have already raised his hand to stop her. "I'm not gonna explain what that is either right now."

Opeation Seaslug

Titania will be informed that it is indeed possible for parts of it to be transferred to other bodies. However, it won't harm the bodies it transfers to if she's looking to use it as a weapon. It indicates that since the threat level had risen it needs to exist in as many bodies as possible if the part of it that existed in Lannereth's bunker was destroyed.

Leopold looks terrified at this point and is tightly clinging to Will who might feel his small dull claws dig into his skin as the gnoll seems frozen in fear.

The others will feel something similar though as a supernatural fear-effect is aimed towards them as the skeletal dragon raises to her full height, now standing above far above the palm trees. It appears that she's still blinded, but it doesn't seem to have stopped her from using the fear magic. "TREMBLE BEFORE ME, WORMS!"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-09-23 at 11:45 AM.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Leah's ears flatten.

"Ugh. Dogs." She's not a fan of dogs. Especially not eyeless, noseless, darkness pyramid dogs howling as if they've just sounded a hunting call.

They aren't as bad as pervy creepers though, so Leah isn't as concerned as she would have been. Still pretty creepy, even for non-creepers.

"Fido and his friends don't sound friendly. Unless you brought a steak, I hope you're good at a scrap." She probably is. Leah did see Magdalene's portal intro wherein she was fighting a thing.

Leah carefully maneuvers to the side of the pit opposite Mags. "As long as we can keep them down there, we should be ok..." Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

Magdaline is probably looking a little more excited now, that it's hard to see in the dark.

"Oh sweet, sounds like a fight. That jerk didn't even answer any of my questions, but, eh, I guess it was a long shot right?"
    she says with a shrug as she raises her free hand into the air above her, tendrils of pink eldritch power slithering between her fingers.

There's a pulse of pink light moments before a gnarled tangle of interweaving branches just sort of... grow out of nowhere. They just start existing. At the crown of the four foot tall pole is a woven cage of vines with a point of sizzling pink light inside it. A point of light that twists and expands and pulses like a beating heart. Leah will likely feel... something. A tingle in the air. Like the feel of lightning that hasn't struck. Like a storm on the horizon. Whatever this thing is that Magdalene just conjured? It is definitely something. A fell power just waiting to be unleashed when the time is right.

"Yeah I'm pretty good in a fight. Sounds like we got a bunch of buddies comin' yeah? Well, just stick close to the hart-keeper totem there. If you get banged up it'll patch you. Just don't go and die. Can't help much with that."

So...

It heals things?

The hungry eldritch power wafting from the totem absolutely does not feel like healing magic.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forgotten coast]

The fisherman is as puzzled as he is upset.

Did this stranger really think he was going to accept his sword?

"Your interest in my daughter is frankly disturbing." He holds her close, knife still in hand. "The ways of our people are not yours to know."
    don't click this

6. - Top - End - #756
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Forgotten coast]

The swordsman gives the old man a sad look. "You see, that's the problem. I bloody well cannot respect a custom I know nothing about. If anything, your refusal to answer disturbs me ." He taps his chest, then gestures towards the pit. "I'm not interested in your daughter - if I thought you were just sending her out to be a shoemaker's apprentice or a servant girl to some faraway town, I wouldn't be here. I'm here for that 'old master' and I'm going into that pit, looking for them. Because you know what my people say of old masters."

---

If the goal is to keep "Fido" and friends down in the pit, Leah and Magdalene are ideally positioned: they have the high ground and the pit is only large enough for one, maybe two of the creatures to try climbing up at a time.

There might be other options, though. From her position, Leah can see the window to the outside world, looming at the end of the entrance tunnel behind it. If they made the dash for it, they could still get out of the pyramid and maybe find some way to close it.

Down in the pit, another faceless creature wanders into view. It reaches and touches the first one's shoulder, causing it to bare its teeth and snarl at it. But after a few seconds of circling and growling at each other, the creatures settle on co-operation: the first one climbs on the second one's shoulders and tries to reach out from the pit. It doesn't quite make it - Magdalene can see its hand feeling the wall about two meters below her. Now it is easier to see how big it is: it could wrap its fingers all around her skull. Its shape is somewhere between a human and a very large gorilla.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, I don't think they understand language." So instead, Leah loudly hisses at the gorilla-like abominations as they climb atop each other. Stay back! They might understand basic hisses. It's a universal sound anything can recognize. Possibly.

Stand near the pink light totem. Got it. Leah's not the biggest fan of relying on someone she just met in a combat situation, but what are the alternatives? Exiting the pyramid? Sounds like running away and the thought doesn't even cross her mind. Heck, she could even initiate a first strike right here and now, but she remains planted in place, patiently waiting, carefully watching. What were the pit creatures' next move? Jumping, unseen ambush, or a third creature? With Magdalene across from Leah, they should be able to spot an ambush coming against what light they do have. And Leah's ready to react to the other two options. At the moment, she is an unmoving bastion.

"I admit, I was expecting someone less terrifying looking and more technologically advanced in here." Well maybe equally terrifying looking. "Someone must have put them here right?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #758

No language, but maybe hissing?

Oh great now they're climbing up on each other.

Which is pretty fine by Magdalene. The gross pale thing just shy of the lip of the pit is about to have a bad time. Now close enough to the totem, should the creature possess murderous intent toward Magdalene or her new 'friend', the twisted object will suddenly flare to life with a brilliant emerald green pulse shot through with smokey pink tendrils of eldritch power. The pale creature may be dismayed to find its vitality savagely torn at, causing its flesh to rot and splay as if ten thousand hungry teeth had set into it.

The process of consumption would be assaulting the creature's reaching arm, the only thing close enough to the Hart's hungering maw to devour. The effect isn't much more severe than sticking a limb into a bonfire. Certainly not immediately lethal and CERTAINLY something that most creatures would react negatively to.

Magdalene is hoping here that these animalistic creatures will recoil from the pain and leave she and Leah alone.

But if not?

"Maybe someone put 'em here. Who knows? Those pictures showed people getting left inside this thing, yeah?" Magdalene asks as she draws on the Hungering Hart's power again, distilling a fragment of its realm into reality as another totem grows nearby. Another twisted wooden thing, though this one appears far more sinister than a first. At its crown is a gnarled mass of wood shaped like animal's skull, at once like both a stag and a wolf. A throbbing point of pink light pulses between its antlers.

This totem is far more aggressive than the first.

It will begin lashing at the pale things with streamers of eldritch power, biting and devouring and rotting with glutenous glee. Its reach is greater than the first as well, and with luck its persistent hounding will force both creatures away from the edge of the pit.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Dwarf in the Playground

The creature's wandering hand slows down when it hears Leah's hiss. "Gruu?" It appears to hesitate for a moment, but then resumes its search for a handhold with renewed vigor. That's when Magdalene's first totem strikes at it, gnawing at its fingers. The creature is startled and it quickly withdraws its hand from the side of the pit, seemingly thinking it hit its hand at something. When this doesn't make the painful sensation go away, it slams its hand at the opposing side of the pit, again and again. A dark line appears on its face again and opens up into a fanged maw, snarls of pain and annoyance turning into a roar of rage when this new harmful thing just doesn't go away. "AROOO!!!"

Then, Magdalene's second totem strikes, tearing into the top creature's arms and face, making dark blood flow down its pale body. The creature flails and howls, smacking to the sides of the pit, trying to swat away the streamers. These sudden motions prove too much for its friend below, causing the bottom creature to lose balance. Both tumble down on the floor below. The first creature continues flailing around, causing it to strike the other. The latter creature is stunned for a moment, but then it bares its fangs and rushes the former. Apparently, "it was an accident" is a foreign concept to it. The two creatures end up wrestling with each other and for a moment, its hard to tell which is tearing them apart faster, Magdalene's invocation or their own brute strength. Soon, their in-fighting takes the creatures out of sight, but Leah and Magdalene can still hear their massive bodies clashing and their enraged howling. They can also smell blood and rotting flesh.

Amidst this spectacle, it might be easy to miss that another change is taking place in the pyramid. Blue glyphs are appearing on the surface of the four pillars around the pit, starting with the one closest to Leah.

Some of the glyphs are familiar. Again, there is a series of hieroglyphs of naked Leah nursing a tiny Magdalene, Leah feeding her pendant to Magdalene and then leaving her inside the pyramid. But then, the story continues: there's a glyph of tiny Magdalene crawling around the pyramid, then another where she pounds the walls from the inside, but apparently doesn't find a way out, because in the next glyph, she's pictured walking inside the pyramid.

Then, there's a series of glyphs going around the pillar, picturing Magdalene walking down a flight of stairs. On each step, Magdalene's glyph grows larger and more distorted, until she's shown walking on all fours like a gorilla. At the bottom, she doesn't even have eyes anymore.

Final in the series is a triangle, divided into layers by horizontal lines. The first layer holds a distorted glyph of Magdalene, all alone. The second layer has two glyphs that resemble the eyeless, pale humanoids, the third layer has three, so on and so forth until the foot of the pillar is reached and the glyphs stop.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, more particularly, it showed you being left here. And you had antlers on your head. What's the deal with that?" Not that Leah takes this pyramid's story too seriously. Leah's not leaving Magdalene here and isn't a mother and Magdalene's not a baby. Also Leah would never be naked. Not ever. Nope. Not even then. Hmph!

The catgirl relaxes a little. The fight was over practically before it began with Magdalene conjuring... well whatever horrible pain dealing things those were that she conjured. Pretty terrifying. Maybe more so than those creatures they just saw. "They probably aren't bringing friends right?" Either way, it doesn't look like Leah needs to guard anything.

So she starts looking around for an alternate path. While she'll shoulder her way through any obstacle trying to cause her harm, there is the minor issue that going down the pit is much easier for her than getting back out of the pit and therefore maybe not the best way to go.

Eventually she notes the glyphs. "What is with this? Are they following us? Can writing follow people?" That would be true language skills. Still, last time they found glyphs it opened a passage. So Leah examines these in detail for a while before trying to press one of the ones showing Magdalene walking down some stairs. You never know.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

11. - Top - End - #761
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    [Workout Beach]

"What, like mines?" Beth uses her oar to scoop her angry buoy into the air and then smack it away like a big tennis ball. It pings off of a big navigational buoy in the distance. "They could be? I mean, I've trained with live bombs before. I'm not sure what is or isn't a thing with rowing."

Karasu's enemy, now the last one, is impaled more easily than a metal machine would. It really is more like puncturing a plastic buoy. Its angry eyes go bloodshot and it shakes impotently for a couple seconds before exploding in a plume of black smoke and white dust.

"...or I guess they could just be a kind of wild monster."
    [Workout Beach]

Karasu stares at the enemy after it's turned into dust and smoke. "What even..." She frowns at the residue, then shrugs. "... whatever. Let's keep a look out in case there's more. Maybe they're part of the obstacle course. Maybe the Nexus is messing with us. Whatever the case, it definitely isn't a rowing thing." Who knows?

She sits back down to continue rowing, ink ninjato within reach. Her guard's definitely up right now. "Let's keep moving. I was going to tell you about my brother and I's story?" Or give a basic rundown, at least. However, she'll wait for Beth to sit down and resume rowing if she so chooses.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

12. - Top - End - #762

Haha, wow.

Look at those stupid losers fighting.

Oh, wait, Leah is asking her a question.

"Uh... it's a pactbound thing. I get power from the Hart of the Forest so I've got these little antler numbs under my hat. It isn't a big deal so long as I tend to 'em," she says dismissively as she frowns at the new set of pictures. "Pfft. Like hell I would get turned into one of those gross pale dudes. Or, like, eat your amulet? Why the heeeeck would I do that, anyway? What kind of idiot eats amulets?"

Obviously a pretty weird idiot.

"I guess this place turns people into monsters probably? You got anything to stop you from turning into a monster?" Magdalene asks. "I'm already stealing power from an old god so I'm probably okay."

Not like this place would be able to double-monster her or whatever.

"We might not want to, like, go deeper without something to mark where we went?" Magdalene suggests as she watches Leah search. "I could make more of that glow-goop but I need some ectoplasm to make another batch. Y'know like ghost slime?"

You know!

Ghost slime!

Lots of people just have ghost slime sitting around, right?

13. - Top - End - #763
    Dwarf in the Playground

When Leah reaches to touch the glyphs, they begin flowing down the pillars like water. They form a circle of glyphs aroud the pit and each of the four pillars, and then four trails of glyps extend outwards, past between the pillars.

One blue circle is formed around the entrance tunnel, blue light shining through and mixing with the fluorescent ectoplasmic stains. Magdalene might realize the glyphs are in fact ectoplasm of a sort, moving underneath the surface layer of the pyramid.

However, additional blue circles form on the other three walls of the room. Leah can be sure there were no tunnels there when she was running her hand along the walls. That has now changed: if she goes and tests it, there are tunnels in each direction. The one opposite to the exit appears to turn into a spiral stairwell, the blue glyphs helpfully tracing the outline of the steps to make it easier to navigate.
    Last edited by Vahnavoi; 2020-09-27 at 10:46 AM.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

Leah eyes Magdalene sideways for a moment as if deciding whether to take offense at something before replying. "My amulet and my hammer ground me. Mostly in Time, but theoretically they could offer protection from such transformations." Leah just... hasn't tested it for such things. And doesn't know the origin of either so hasn't researched it too.

She' prefer not to find out at all if it actually works that way.

"I know what ectoplasm is, yes. I just don't have any to spare." Wait, she has any at all? Well of course. Any proper time traveler integrates trace amounts of ectoplasm to their equipment in order to make visits to the past possible. There's few things more potent in tying together timelines than a spirit of old.

The catgirl pulls out her pouch of dirt and dumps it on the floor. This seems less than helpful at first. "Well let me try something..." She holds out her hands and suddenly claps them together loudly, the dirt compacting into a very tight, thin rectangle. Her entire body then shoves forward the earth pushes along at high velocity as well, scraping along the floor like a knife. Seeing if it's possible to leave a scratch in the pyramid itself. It's not ectoplasm, but if she scrapes up the walls and floor as they go along they should be able to find their way back by touch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #765

Pretty sure it was Leah poking the glyphs but whatever works!

Magdalene probably can't see what's going on very well with the dirt rocket. It is, after all, pretty dark in here. And the projectile is both fast and small.

It probably makes a bunch of noise, though.

"So it looks like we got some tunnels and stairs," Magdalene points out as she kneels and unslings her backpack to rifle through its contents. We'll see if they can't get at the spooky ooze in the walls! If so, then more florescent goop may soon be available! "The pictures showed me going down the stairs and turning into one of those creepers. So maybe we don't go that way unless we checked everywhere else first?"

Magdalene is pretty confidant in her ability to resist getting monstered since that's a hazard she has to contend with already.

Personal experience, you know?

But still something she would prefer to avoid testing.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Dwarf in the Playground

The interior walls of the pyramid may be close to infinitely black, but they're not infinitely hard. It's hard to see from a distance, but if either Leah or Magdalene crouch and look closer where Leah's earth-knife passed, they'll notice a slightly less-than-black trail where the surface has been damaged. It's not as good as the ectoplasmic goop, but it's something. They get the feeling the scratch marks would actually be easier to see if there was less of the blue light around - against infinite black, even just mostly black can stand out.

But, as they examine it, some of the blue glyphs on the floor leave their place and flow towards the scratch mark, until they find where the earth-knife cut deepest. At that spot, thin, web-like cracks start spreading, filled with blue light, until something gives and with a sound reminescent of ice breaking over a lake, the blue stuff breaks through, bubbling on the floor like a tiny fountain. If Magdalene has another bottle or two at hand, now'd be a chance to fill them.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

[Workout Beach]

Beth sits down and picks up her oars. "Yeah, okay."

While she rows and Karasu tells her story, a distracting combination of tasks for both parties, the navigation buoy in the distance wakes up. A pair of eyes in its weighted base blinks, and the whole contraption turns around to look at the little buoy-mine-creature that had hit it. If anyone were looking, they would see that the large buoy's base looks rather cross.

But that's not a problem yet. Karasu's story is much more interesting to pay attention to.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

18. - Top - End - #768

[Marlick Bay]

While collecting swords is an important task, so is resting.
    Resting, after all, gives certain paladins an opportunity to collect himself and remake certain seals. He'll probably put off drawing the magic circle until he's alone, though, especially since this place is still moist and would easily wash it off. (And he doesn't have any ink handy.)

He glances over at Benedict, about to grab the thing.
    Zophiel opens his mouth, about to say something, but...

Oop.

It's too late.
    Just in case something happens, he holds one sword in front of him.

Leaning on the sword as he keeps an eye on Benedict, he says, "So I'm betting on 'we'll get driven out of town shortly after we go up there'," he says. Realizing that there's no night watches or sanitation jobs or demon patrols they can bet on, he comes up with an alternative: "Paying for one meal, for the bet. Any takers?"

[Moonwell Convergence]

Oh.
    Oh.

Awen quickly realizes that she has to change her priorities.
    Word of Secrets. That's what that other demon did to kill itself, right? After seeing that last one do that, she had thought of a couple different ways to prevent them from doing it again. However, she didn't expect them to be able to do this while asleep. It's probably because of this telepathic thing that they're doing. If she had known this would happen, then she maybe could have come up with a magic that could cut off the telepathy to give her time, or that could send some sort of mental damage along the telepathy, or whatever, but...
    ...she suspects she doesn't have enough time to just sit there and come up with something.

Previously, her plan was to (1) stop the other demon with the flame thrower. (2) With the help of the others, figure out how this thing is flying and then crash it into the ocean. And then, (3) kill this body after nullifying its senses so that she wouldn't have to feel the pain.

New plan.
    (1) Tear out her/the demon's own throat and use suffocation magic, in case that somehow stops this word or whatever. She's not sure how their anatomy works so...she's got to try both things just in case.
    (2) Hit random things on the panels, hope it works. Not enough time to figure out how they work.
    (3) Tear out her own heart. The fingers on this demon probably aren't as piercing as her own fingernails, so she might have to use a magic for that, too.
    Also.
    Ow.
    Even just imagining doing this to herself - even if this isn't her own body - feels really painful. And this demon's body doesn't even have the benefit of that one pain-pleasure swapping spell, since she already used it on her own body.

Awen breathes in to mentally prepare herself.
    She says something, and a claw-weapon forms from the shadows of the demon's hand.
    As the witch exhales, she places the weapon up against her throat. She casts one more spell on this body, to crush the lungs. She instinctively wants to fight against it - suffocation isn't always fun - but ultimately lets it happen. And then plunges the shadowy weapon into her throat.

Once that's done, her hand - the one without the weapon - starts pressing random places on the mist-control. As she does this, she silently prays to all the gods she knows that this does something.
    And then, once she manages to pull out the weapon from her throat, she moves it down to her chest, where she thinks the heart is, and plunges the claws in then scoops, hoping this body dies quickly. Dying slowly sounds awful. While waiting, she doesn't stop randomly pressing the mist.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Marlick Bay]

Anchor shakes her head at Selekhael.
    "Look, as long as you're against the saint, you're alright with me. But I mean, if you asked Sekhmet if she wanted to be you? Not a chance."
    She sighs when Benedict does the thing. They did warn him. Now to see how long it takes him to explode.

But Zophiel, with that suggestion, gets her to smile.
    "Deal. I bet the townspeople are busy arguing to run us anywhere."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #770

[Marlick Bay]

Benedict has not, as yet, exploded.

But he HAS acquired the Icon. It isn't like... he picked it up or anything. There isn't a physical object to pick up. It's more like the idea of something.

Or maybe the ideal of something.

Either way, he has it now. And there's an innate sense that it could be used for things. Words that, without context, don't make a great deal of sense. Though some are, probably, self explanatory.

Absorb.

Likely what Sekhmet did. Probably not a wise course of action.

Craft.

To apply it to something, an object maybe? There's a vague sense that this is how the spear that was used to fell the Saint was created. Wielding the power of the heavens against them.

Drop.

The Icon would no longer be in his possession.

Encyst.

Planted, somehow? Why? For what purpose?

Store.

Place the Icon somewhere safe, still in Benedict's possession to be retrieved later. He would need some sort of container for this, however.

And now?

Still hasn't exploded.

He seems fine?

No awful fish people will be accosting our heroes. They're free to leave the sea cave at their leisure. Only they might want to hurry since low tides don't last forever.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Leah shrugs. "Sounds like good enough logic to me. Let's go righ-whoa!"

She didn't expect to break the pyramid!

The catgirl takes a step back away from the now bubbling ectoplasm. She steps to one side and pulls, yanking the dirt knife back to her, seeing if she can make another break. Even if she can't, it's possible that she doesn't need to, depending on how much Magdalene needs.

"Well. I guess that solves that." So back into the pouch Leah's dirt goes! Good. It'd be tiring scraping up this whole place and she'd slowly lose dirt in the process.

She takes one last look down the pit to make sure they aren't getting snuck up on while Magdalene collects what she needs.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-09-27 at 11:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Marlick Bay

"I didn't know I was missing anything until I became more. But now I'm myself, in a different way. A more complete way." Selekhael argues. She retracts back to human shape, again marveling at her lack of tail and horns. "I, uh, should find a mirror." She wants to know what she was really supposed to look like, without that infernal infection.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #773

"Haha, yeah, no kidding," Magdalene replies as she collects some of the in a mortar, drops in a couple of spooky looking glowing pale green crystals, and then begins grinding up the whole mixture.

Pretty soon she's left with a gross looking slurry that glows pretty bright.

That?

Gets transferred into a new spray bottle.

The whole process will take ten or fifteen minutes.

Hopefully nothing decides to accost them while that's going on.

And if not?

Magdalene will head for one of the side tunnels.

"Let's see what's going on," she says, spraying the path in front of them every few feet.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Dwarf in the Playground

The sounds of combat have died down by now. If Leah listens carefully, she can hear faint crunching and munching from down below. It sounds like one of the creatures lost and is being eaten.

Presumably, Magdalene follows Leah's half-stated wish and chooses the right side tunnel. Her spray reveals the shape of the path before them and soon, they reach a room that appears identical to the layout of the first one - the blue goop follows them and lights up the pillars and the edges of the tunnel entrances. In fact, if they peek into a tunnel at their (new) right, they can see a window to the outside world! And in the tunnel opposite to it, there's a spiral stairwell. It's almost like they arrived in the room they left, from the left... the only thing it lacks, are the stains and scratch-marks they left in the first room.

One thing is immediately obvious: when they viewed the pyramid from the outside, the surface portion of the structure was not physically large enough to contain two rooms such as this right next to each other.
    Last edited by Vahnavoi; 2020-09-28 at 02:27 AM.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Well.

That's interesting.

Certainly one word for it. Leah pokes her head around looking at all the things. "Ummm... So if the layout is circular, this still makes sense. Right?" This isn't the room they came from, but a room that looks exactly the same on the next side over!

... Right?

Leah just doesn't remember the hallway curving like that. She thought it was a straight shot. But with how dark it is, even with the mist it could be easy to lose perspective. Yeah. Like an optical illusion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #776

Bombmercials!

The catgirl shifts her weight from one side to the other as the issue is discussed, fidgeting slightly. She didn't expect that this small little discomfort of hers could be that halting for production.

"I-It's fine, I can grin and bear it," Blanche determines, putting on as much of a confident expression as she can manage. Steeling herself, Blanche strides over to the prop bomb. "So, er, how am I supposed to get up on this thing?"
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!

"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

27. - Top - End - #777

Bombmercials!

"Well, if you're sure, there's a ladder-" Azil starts gesturing towards their supplies.

But before he can finish his sentence Anika steps into the water after Blanche. "Don't worry about that, I'll help her up." She smiles at Blanche and will then put her arms around her waist and lift her up on the bomb unless she seems to want to object in any way.
    It should be noted that the prop bomb is set up above water so Blanche would have water up to her waist once she reaches it.
    She then gives the catgirl a mock salute. "Looking good up there, sergeant Blanche. You feeling comfy?"

At the beach, the goblin crew is continuing to go through the scene.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-09-28 at 08:36 AM.

28. - Top - End - #778

Bombmercials

Blanche doesn't quite enter the water, although she almost does before stopping herself- normally it wouldn't phase her too much, but she assumes these folks wouldn't want her to ruin the getup they've stuffed her in. These boots didn't look waterproof, and having her bottom half dripping wet might not fit the image they're going for.

Not that it becomes much of a concern once Anika steps in.

The catgirl gasps in surprise as she feels those arms wrap around her midsection, knees knocking together as her feet leave the ground. She's not sure what to do with her hands as Anika carries her above the water but settles for letting one rest on the night elf's shoulder, adjusting her hips so her tail isn't compressed too uncomfortably against the larger woman's frame.

"U-um, yeah!" It's the only words Blanche manages to muster as she looks back over at Anika and brushes a strand of hair back from her face. Her tail waves happily behind her. Is she blushing? Oh dear, she's definitely blushing.
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!

"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Orc in the Playground

Marlick Bay

Huh, that is interesting. Benedict pays absolutely no mind as the others discuss stuff he really couldn't care less about.

Absorb: Benedict has no interest in becoming like Sekhmet. He could have been, if he'd not seen what happened to her. It would stop him ageing, but he's not sure he'd be happy with the cost. He doesn't trust it.

Drop: Ha, no. It's Benedict's now, and he's keeping it.

Encyst: Maybe if this was somewhere Benedict could study and research the effects, that would be a good idea. But it's not, so this isn't a good idea.

Store: Possibly, if he had something to put it in. He doesn't, so that's off the table.

Which all leaves 'Craft'. Benedict reaches into his robe and pulls out a steel tumi, a knife with a semicircular blade used primarily for human sacrifice. This one's sharp, but it isn't enchanted like some of his collection. That means it's probably perfect for what he wants, so he'll apply the Icon to his knife.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

30. - Top - End - #780

Bombmercials

Anika grins widely. "Come on, you gotta show those people what you got. I know you can be super-awesome when you want to so don't let me get you all hot and bothered." She remarks with a wink. "You got plenty of time to get distracted later."