New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 5: Kinda like One Piece without the anime

Beach Party - Robot Kittens

A very, very, very long scrollbox full of very, very, very small text pops up as the next screen. At the bottom is a small checkbox that says "Click here to agree to terms and conditions of Robot-o-Mew Companion". If clicked on, the next screen offers various payment plans in a variety of currency and options to enter your credit card, bank account, vault number, or magical oath sign.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beach Party]

Teen Loves

"The things that are possible in the Nexus." Karasu says in wonder. "That explanation makes my head hurt. Let's talk about something else."

"So, any particular reason why you're interested in my ink stains?" She asks, while retrieving some bird seed that she always carries around with her, and feeding it to the hawk. "Perhaps you want to see if you no longer need to buy new pens or refills? I can help you refill, don't worry."

Jack & Chidi

"And the other end, did you plug it into an electric power outlet? That's what provides power to charge the phone. Alternatively, ask Mirai." Chidi smiles to himself. The friends of the 21-year old in Himmelia that use phones have turned him into some sort of emergency charging station, much to his chagrin.

2 o'clock Wednesday, that works. "Door? Jack Door?" He fails to stifle a laugh. "Wow. Come to think of it.. the name's quite cool, in a punny sort of way."

Chidi's grinning as well, and walks to the beach with Jack. "So, Jack. You seem like a girl that loves to have fun. We have that in common, y'know?" He says, winking at her. He lets her choose; he'd like a swim, but sitting and flirty chat is good, too.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Beach Party - Prumathe and Girlfiend

Sekhmet grabs a waiting hamburger and looks at the various beverages available. "What goes well with this? Uh, to drink." As long as she's not thinking about that uncomfortable stare, she's pretty happy.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Beach Party - Robot Kittens]

Nemo reads the scrollbox and the text. She definitely has time to do so, since nobody else bothered to come up with her and bother her. Just the kitten, which she continues to pet even though it's on her head.

She presses the checkbox.

She doesn't have a credit card.
    She doesn't have a bank account.
    She doesn't have a vault.
    Grabbing the cat, she brings it in front of her face and stares at it. "This better not be some sort of messed up demon contract," she says. "But I did read the terms, and I suppose it doesn't really matter anyway, so why not?"

She chooses the magical oath sign. "Definitely worth it for a cat."

Actually, thinking about it, she needs sunscreen too if she's going to stay here. The catshop had some, but...
    Nemo looks around. Sun-A-Way. They're giving out some for free.

Might as well try that out first.
    She places the robo-kitten back on her head so that she can start to stand up again - to counterbalance against the wings, she definitely needs to have both her hands free.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-05-30 at 06:36 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party
    Prumathe & Girlfiend

"Uh, coke? Lemonade? Something along those lines, I think." Prumathe will get some lemonade to go with his burger.

Teen Loves

"It's easier here, but that kind of thing would work where I'm from too. But we don't have powered flight, not like you do." The suntail hawk, being a bird of prey, ignores the birdseed. It's more interested in Karasu's sausage, except the processed meat probably wouldn't be good for it. "I was a little interested in refills, but also in stains. My clothing is all magical, and I don't want it to get stained." Because Natalie is a natural shapeshifter, her clothes don't inherently transform when she does. That's what the enchantments are for.

Jack & Chidi

Jack frowns at the first bit. "A what? Plug it into a wall? It's supposed to be mobile. Not very mobile if I have to plug it into a wall for it to work." Jack really doesn't know how technology works. "Technically it's Jacqueline Door. But... I don't like Jacqueline. Too long and fancy. I'm not really that kinda gal." Jack's going to stop on the beach, at least shortly. She needs to put her satchel down somewhere before she goes swimming. "I do like quite a bit of fun, yes. That could be following a map pieced together from the sails of tiny ships or taking a guy who is totally uninterested across some rooftops to a bar." Or going on another date and waking up to discover her shadow had wandered off to be with the date full-time.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beach Party]

Teen Loves

That's the kind of thing Karasu would know, but I don't (and forgot to look up hawk diets). "No, birdie, the sausage isn't good for you." She says, trying to keep it away from their food.

"No worries about stains unless I want it to, Talie. If you do end up getting stained, I can fix it. It'll be a bit hard, but much easier than it would be without powers." She says, reassuringly.

"Random question: what would you do if you won the lotery, Tal?" She's smiling, wondering what Natalie would say.

Jack & Chidi

Oh dear, she's a technology newbie. "Once, there were phones that had to remain plugged to the wall. These ones are called mobile phones because the only time it needs plugging in is when it's time to charge it. Once it's charged, you can move around and use it until it's time to charge it again, usually in a couple of days." He explains. "I recommend you choose the one you like best, and sell the other two."

"You look like a Jack, so I think it suits you. Or maybe a Jacqui." He sits down beside her, still holding her. "So, what happened to your shadow?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-05-31 at 11:10 PM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Beach Party!]

Nick really doesn't talk about work that often.

He probably thinks Geneva has enough things to worry about already to burden her with worrying about HIS things too.

Would she be more worried if she knew about the ins and outs of his work and the people who work under him?

Probably.

And speaking of people who work under him-

Geneva offers a smile to Michalson.

"Good afternoon. I don't think we've met. I'm Geneva Richards."

The two of them make a particularly fluffy pair.

Meanwhile!

Khannie looks shocked!

Scandalized, even!

"No being human is great!" she objects. "You take that back!"

Navvy, meanwhile, glances between the pair. "Umm... Any sort of animal. I think being human would be pretty swell. Hands are super-keen."

Hands are the best.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Marlick Bay]

Okay. This is nonsense. Probably should hang onto it to destroy anyway, but there's clearly not going to be anything important in here.

Anchor keeps an eye on Benedict - they're not going to be taking the elf away to keep prisoner either way, but there's no reason to mention that yet, is there?

[Beach Party]

"You don't need to...do all that." Skye says, sitting up a bit.
    "Don't need to...do things you think women should do, or anything."
    Something about this actually bothers her a lot.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Beach Party
    Sunbathing Supers

"I know," Jade replies. "For a while I didn't. I was in a sort of denial. Tried to live as a man. But then I realized that as long as I'm stuck with these... Big boobs, I might as well wear them with pride. As a woman, I can experience things I never would have considered as a man. It's not what I'd prefer to be, but womanhood's not all bad."

Prumathe and Girlfiend

"What's a coke?" Sekhmet asks. I don't believe she's ever had soda before. She doesn't actually wait for an answer, grabbing a can of the stuff and examining it. "How do I open this?" She's also never encountered a pull tab before.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #190

[Beach Party]
    Sunbathing Supers

"No, it's not all bad. But you shouldn't let it force you into anything."
    It's an acceptable explanation though, and she looks a little curious.
    "What do you think you can get out of it, of being a woman?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Beach Party - Sunbathing Supers

Jade shrugs. "I dunno. New experiences, I guess. A different perspective on life maybe." Really, she's just trying to make the best of a situation she's stuck with, since she hasn't been able to find a cure for her condition.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #192

Default [Beach Party]

Sunbathing Supers

"Is this very different? Maybe you should be making big changes."
    That makes something occur to her.
    "I wonder if it were easier to change from one to the other, how different people would be..."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party!]

Nick's tail waves, thumping his feathery fan and his gold wedding ring lightly against the sand.
    "Afternoon, Detective. Came to enjoy the festivities? Or you volunteer for security today?" Michalson doesn't look like he's dressed for security detail, but some people need less gear than others.

-Meanwhile!-
    Nick Jr. turns up his nose.
    "You say that 'cause you didn't grow up as one. With Grandpa Koi's marble you were still a human with half of your cool superpowers. Being a regular human is ultra lame. You get sick all the time and you can't fly or breathe underwater or punch things into pieces or walk through walls or have magic breath or get to talk to animals and you die when you get shot. So nyeh." he insists, sticking out his tongue.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

"No, this is already different enough for me. I'd hate to wake up with extra limbs or something," Jade replies. "I didn't choose this. Nobody asked me if I wanted to be a woman. They just started flinging contagious curses in a crowded room. I'm just trying to make the best of a bad situation. Maybe if I had chosen, it would be different."

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #195

Default [Beach Party]

Okay, that's one plan sunk already.
    "Did anyone ever ask if you wanted to be a man?" Skye muses. "I guess we're all just making the best of a bad situation."

"Do you look at other people differently now?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party!]

"A pleasure, Mrs. Richards." The half-elf nods politely. "I'm Michalson Barring, a detective for Intersection. I thought about volunteering, Commissioner, but to tell the truth, I've never been to a beach for fun before, so this is a good opportunity." While some people need less gear than others, Michalson is rather reliant on various gadgets and that weird gun he carries around. "I don't normally get this much sun. If someone starts workin' some dazzle they ought not to, our other officers can handle it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Beach Party!]

"Dazzle?" Geneva asks. From the context she can tell it means something like 'make trouble' but it's a turn of phrase she hasn't heard before. "Well, I'm glad you could make it Michalson. It looks like we have a relaxing afternoon ahead of us! The sun is shining, the sea birds are singing, the children are splashing around. What more could we ask for?"

Maybe live music?

"Do you have any hobbies, Michalson?" Geneva asks. She's probably avoiding work subjects intentionally. Save thinking about work for working.

Meanwhile!

"Yeah but... but humans make things that let them do all those things!" Khannie objects. "And they don't go feral like pokemon do. EVER! That's really important, Nick."

Imagine living in a world where you know at any time one of your friends might lose their mind and wander off into the wilderness.

Khannie lived in that sort of world.

It was terrifying.

"Umm... hey. Do you guys want to catch crabs instead of arguing?" Navvy suggests. "Arguing is kind of bogus."

[Marlick Bay]

Wow.

Sekhmet is pretty out of it, isn't she?

The last relic is... down.

VERY down.

Down enough that it probably isn't in the hidden chapel, but under it. If Sekhmet stumbles far enough she'll come upon the others interrogating the elf.

Speaking of elf!

It considers Benedict's offer. Then points at the approaching Sekhmet. "Why, it's right there!"

Wow, that elf sure is helpful.

The seeing spell will reveal no secret doors. BUT there does appear to be another cavern deep below the hidden chapel. However, it doesn't look like there's any way to get there from the chapel. Maybe the entrance is somewhere else?
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-05-31 at 02:04 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, I do. Mainly other women. Once you've been one, it's hard to see them in the same way." She can empathize much better with certain things now. The lack of pockets on her clothes, for example. As a guy, he was always keeping things in pockets.

Marlick Bay

"Down... I'm going down." Sekhmet responds. She comes out in the elf room in time to hear him speak. "There what is? Uh, why are you pointing at me?"

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party
    Prumathe & Girlfiend

"Do you know, I have no idea what they use for flavourings? So I can't tell you what it tastes like. It's carbonated, so it has bubbles, and here. I'll show you." He'll open his can of lemonade, hopefully showing Sekhmet how to open hers. And now he's a little worried about coke; can he trust it when he doesn't know even one of the ingredients?

Teen Lovers

Natalie nods at the reassurance of the ink being fixable, but blinks at the question. "I don't know. I'm not old enough to buy a ticket, so I haven't really thought about it." Under eighteens aren't allowed to gamble in the UK, online or otherwise. "Probably save it until I'm older and can move out of GLoG, though I'd probably donate a chunk of it anyway." She's been living there basically rent-free for ages, though a bank account set up by her father before the chaos of revolution provides her with a stipend and provides money to GLoG so long as she stays there, but she isn't as aware of the details of that as she could be, since she doesn't have full ownership of the account until she's eighteen.

Jack & Chidi

"I hadn't thought about Jacky, but... I like Jack." Or Jaq, or however you wish to spell it. "What's the point of them? They seem great, but they're so situational. They can't work without regularly 'charging' them, or if you're too far from a big ugly tower, or indoors sometimes, and they're just... awkward. Yes, I can talk to someone far away, but only if mine decides it wants to work and theirs does the same." Jack is not a fan of phones, it seems. "I think I'll sell all three of them. Then if I'm asked I can say no, and don't have to worry about plugging them in or anything." Maybe she'll look into a properly magical alternative. Probably more expensive, but at least magic items don't randomly run out of power. "Oh, there was a girl. Anchor, her name was. Great fun; her shadow moves, and can make yours move too. Not just when you do, I mean, but properly move on its own. Wanders off sometimes and all sorts. Apparently, my shadow liked her shadow so much when the night was over it didn't come back." She's also missing a finger, but that's an older injury, and she mentioned the wings aren't original early on.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Marlick Bay]

Zophiel follows Sekhmet down, arriving a short while later.

And so, Zophiel misses what the elf and the others say, arriving only to catch that Sekhmet was asking something.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Prumathe and Girlfiend

Following Prumathe's example, Sekhmet levers the can open using a claw. "Oh!" she exclaims, "It's brown!" She expected it to be red. Why else would it be in such a red container? She takes a sip. "Oh, it tickles!" She laughs. "I don't know what it tastes like either." Cola really tastes like itself, honestly.

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #202

Default [Beach Party]

Sunbathing Supers
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "Yeah, I do. Mainly other women. Once you've been one, it's hard to see them in the same way." She can empathize much better with certain things now. The lack of pockets on her clothes, for example. As a guy, he was always keeping things in pockets.
    "I was thinking you might have changed your opinion on men."
    Skye stands up from her towel.
    "I think I'm going to swim. That would be...something of a new experience."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party]

"You've never been to a beach before? Sounds like you get out even less than me, Detective." Nick chuckles to himself. He does wonder what hobbies the detective does have. They don't talk much.

-Meanwhile!-

Nick's gaze drifts away from Khannie, at some vague point over her shoulder as his wings fold over himself.
    "Yes they can, Khannie." he whispers without moving his eyes. "Yes, they can."
    He's trembling. Someone should probably do something about that.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

"Maybe a little. There are some things they do, but I was aware of that as a man too. It's just more acute now." Jade's primarily referring to ogling women. It's very uncomfortable to be on the receiving end of a lustful stare. Then a swim is mentioned. "Do you mind if I come along? I haven't tried that in this body yet."

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #205

Default [Beach Party]

Swimming Supers

"You don't find yourself looking at them differently? Hmm."

"I don't mind. I...haven't tried it in this body either." Skye admits, wading into the surf. Although she had seemed very graceful on the beach, now she moves hesitantly.
    The warmth that had been radiating around her fades away, and with the water, I'm sure it only feels even colder.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Beach Party - Swimming Supers

"Oh, you mean like that," Jade understands now, "I don't think so? I don't feel much of that sort of interest in women right now either, though, so it's hard to say. Maybe those feelings will come back when I've been like this longer. I don't think I'm comfortable enough with this body to try that sort of thing anyway." Jade gets into the water a little less cautiously. She's used to cold swimming, since more of her past experience has been athletic rather than recreational. "Your body is new to you too? What were you before?"

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #207

Default [Beach Party]

Swimming Supers

"It would be a new, previously inaccessible experience."

Skye shakes her head.
    "This is temporary for me. But what I really am, I can't go telling people I just met."
    She wades deeper into the water, smiling. This...isn't a danger anymore. How nice.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-05-31 at 11:27 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Jade shrugs. "It would be, just not one I'm ready to try. Not yet." She didn't become a woman for fun, and certainly not to try out new equipment. "Well, you don't seem too comfortable, so I'm guessing you aren't normally humanoid, and you don't become humanoid often. You've got that scar though, which suggests that you normally have a physical body. I'm not going to pry any further." With that, Jade leans forward in the water and begins a simple, slow frontstroke, getting used to the way her body feels while swimming.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #209

Default [Beach Party]

Swimming Supers

They give a shrug at that. Jade can be slow. It's her cursed body, after all.
    Skye smirks. "Good guesses." Not explicitly confirming them - the scar needn't be the reflection of a real scar - but they're very reasonable to suspect.
    As they get deeper in the water, she simply starts dog-paddling.
    "Maybe if I keep running across you, you'll find out more."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-05-31 at 11:59 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

"Maybe. But don't make it too easy. I like a good mystery." She really does. It's part of what she enjoys about superheroing. Jade finds some parts of swimming a bit odd. The way the water runs around her chest and through her hair. The difference in drag caused by a very different swimsuit. She keeps going. She can't let feeling weird stop her.

My Nexus characters