Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: E6 Horror Campaign, Pathfinder 1e

Question, while I cannot find the exact source at the moment (I thought it was Sword and Fist, but can't seem to find it), might I start with the Nagaika and simply use whip proficiency and feats for it? While the actual RL Nagaika is not made this way, 3.0 had a version which is a Whip with shards of broken glass protruding across from it (essentially ensuring damage is lethal). Sadly, because I can't find it, I can't price it (though might go with the price difference between a metal shield and a metal shield with spikes if you feel the cost needs to be increased).

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Mechanics for Titania and Oberon are done. Fluff to come.

I just thought I'd ask, too: Background Skills? Traits/Drawbacks? They aren't third party, but they are optional :)

EDIT: And, since I'm making a Tribal Character, can I have some information about the tribes and what they're like? Her name and languages might change based on this info.
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2020-03-11 at 10:23 PM.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

(3d6)[4]
    (3d6)[13]
    (3d6)[10]
    (3d6)[13]
    (3d6)[8]
    (3d6)[6]
    (3d6)[10]

wow... That is unfortunate.

So, I can update this to a 20pt buy?

I'll go with a Kitsune Sorcerer.
    Last edited by Kvard51; 2020-03-11 at 10:45 PM.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Ah, my apologies, yes, Hybrid classes are a-okay, it's just like with any of the other non core classes there may be complications later.
    Thanks. I´ll go work on my char.

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbbug3 View Post
    Mechanics for Titania and Oberon are done. Fluff to come.

I just thought I'd ask, too: Background Skills? Traits/Drawbacks? They aren't third party, but they are optional :)

EDIT: And, since I'm making a Tribal Character, can I have some information about the tribes and what they're like? Her name and languages might change based on this info.
    And while we are on the topic, what about Alternate Favored Class Bonus?
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.

Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

5. - Top - End - #35

Devil

I actually found the Nagaika from 3.0.
    https://www.realmshelps.net/stores/weapons/Nagaika
    Its cost is 25 gp and it also increases the damage die from 1d3 to 1d6 and improves the crit mod to x3. Main point is that it deals lethal damage without Whip Mastery and its damage is not negated by Armor or Natural Armor. I may still take Whip Mastery (especially if I can ever claim the Vampire Slayer Whip (it is Paizo official)).

If this is allowed, could I treat it as a whip for the purposes of feats and such?

Edit: Regarding the Heal skill, can it be used untrained? If so, would their be specific checks that require training? I ask, because it is not a class skill, and I have a 0 Wisdom modifier, so 1 rank will only give a +1 bonus anyway. Could not find any specification of this on the srd either.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-03-12 at 08:06 AM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

6. - Top - End - #36

Devil

So, mostly completed my sheet for Cedric Argentus, former Noble whose entire house has been discredited and lost everything they owned.

I kept the 3.0 Nagaika (From Masters of the Wild), pending you rule I cannot use Whip proficiency and other whip feats. I held off on taking Slashing Grace, since I assumed you would require the Nagaika to be mighty (like how bows can be made to accommodate and utilize its wielder's Strength to damage). While Slashing Grace allows use of Dex for damage, I would assume you would not grant access to it without the mighty version. As I cannot afford neither a whip nor Nagaika with the mighty quality, I swapped it out with Toughness for survival purposes. The other thought was taking the Accursed story feat, but was not sure if you'd allow it and, I also considered the benefit a bit lackluster, since it would only scale to 17 at max, and enemies will most likely continue progression beyond level 6 anyway.

Here is the background for him. Not sure if you are granting traits or background skills, so I left them out for now.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Born into the famed Argentus family, Cedric had a ancestry littered with heroic monster slayers. During his teen years, he was trained to follow in this tradition. Unfortunately, he did not get much more time in this privileged life of nobility. While he was still a teenager, one of his family patriarchs was discovered to be a necromancer as well as a demonologist. When word spread of this, the Argentus house was quickly discredited, even retroactively, as people began to suspect them of creating the very monsters they slew to make themselves look like heroes. Their holdings were taken from them and they were all disgraced. This was about a decade ago. Members of Cedric's family fell into poverty and were exiled. Several took up addictions like alcohol and gambling, losing even more of their standing. Cedric, himself, was attacked by a group of villagers, but despite their numbers, they could not compare to Cedric's training, and he slew them all. Unfortunately, one of them was the son of another Noble family, and as a result, he was taken into custody, damned to endure the horrors of World's End.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Here is Zackarias Medrick based on one of the concepts suggested by Bansheexero for the party. He is designed to be an AoE caster for the team.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

Attracting young girls and trying his best to seduce them has always been a bad habit for Zackarias. Even though, he was always a pretty skilled novice caster, he preferred to use it in various displays of showy magic. If it made a spectacle and allows him to be in the spotlight, he would gladly learn it. The combination of these two traits was what finally ended up getting him in trouble. After a bet with a few friends, he decided to make the daughter of a powerful king his next target for seduction. It wasnt exactly easy but as time passed and he started to enoy the company of the princess. It could be said that he was starting to fall in love with her. He decided to let go of the bet and try to ask for her hand in marriage. It was a very big mistake, since the princess eventually learnt of the past of Zackarias and the original prupose of the bet by his friends who were annoyed by the sudden change of Zackarias. He tried to reason with her but she couldnt believe him. The king was angered by the situation since it had soiled the princess name and in punishment, he had Zackarias sent to the World's End, where he would serve as an example to those who dared to mess with the royal family. Zackarias still couldnt give up. He knew he had to survive so he could hopefully make up with her one day.

On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    So, mostly completed my sheet for Cedric Argentus, former Noble whose entire house has been discredited and lost everything they owned.

I kept the 3.0 Nagaika (From Masters of the Wild), pending you rule I cannot use Whip proficiency and other whip feats. I held off on taking Slashing Grace, since I assumed you would require the Nagaika to be mighty (like how bows can be made to accommodate and utilize its wielder's Strength to damage). While Slashing Grace allows use of Dex for damage, I would assume you would not grant access to it without the mighty version. As I cannot afford neither a whip nor Nagaika with the mighty quality, I swapped it out with Toughness for survival purposes. The other thought was taking the Accursed story feat, but was not sure if you'd allow it and, I also considered the benefit a bit lackluster, since it would only scale to 17 at max, and enemies will most likely continue progression beyond level 6 anyway.

Here is the background for him. Not sure if you are granting traits or background skills, so I left them out for now.

Show
    Born into the famed Argentus family, Cedric had a ancestry littered with heroic monster slayers. During his teen years, he was trained to follow in this tradition. Unfortunately, he did not get much more time in this privileged life of nobility. While he was still a teenager, one of his family patriarchs was discovered to be a necromancer as well as a demonologist. When word spread of this, the Argentus house was quickly discredited, even retroactively, as people began to suspect them of creating the very monsters they slew to make themselves look like heroes. Their holdings were taken from them and they were all disgraced. This was about a decade ago. Members of Cedric's family fell into poverty and were exiled. Several took up addictions like alcohol and gambling, losing even more of their standing. Cedric, himself, was attacked by a group of villagers, but despite their numbers, they could not compare to Cedric's training, and he slew them all. Unfortunately, one of them was the son of another Noble family, and as a result, he was taken into custody, damned to endure the horrors of World's End.
    I'm interested in giving this a try but I'm on mobile currently so I'll have to roll stats and such when I get home.

Banshee, I'd suggest checking out the Scorpion Whip. Its basically what you're looking for in that it deals lethal damage out of the gate and later when you take whip mastery and such you can use it as is or treat it as a whip.

9. - Top - End - #39

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Doom View Post
    I'm interested in giving this a try but I'm on mobile currently so I'll have to roll stats and such when I get home.

Banshee, I'd suggest checking out the Scorpion Whip. Its basically what you're looking for in that it deals lethal damage out of the gate and later when you take whip mastery and such you can use it as is or treat it as a whip.
    Thanks, while weaker, it is what I was looking for and official Paizo. Though some people seem to suggest it has a shorter reach than a normal whip, which I am trying to find a source to reference. Also, not sure where I got the mighty version of the whip from, looking back, only the Nagaika seemed to have it. Though, given the nature of the campaign, debating Toughness vs Slashing Grace, leaning towards Toughness to take a better beating.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-03-13 at 09:39 AM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks, while weaker, it is what I was looking for and official Paizo. Though some people seem to suggest it has a shorter reach than a normal whip, which I am trying to find a source to reference. Also, not sure where I got the mighty version of the whip from, looking back, only the Nagaika seemed to have it. Though, given the nature of the campaign, debating Toughness vs Slashing Grace, leaning towards Toughness to take a better beating.
    Scorpion whip has 10 foot range but if you are proficient with whips you can use it as a whip instead of its normal stats.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

So many questions in my absence! Let's see if I can answer them all

Question, while I cannot find the exact source at the moment (I thought it was Sword and Fist, but can't seem to find it), might I start with the Nagaika and simply use whip proficiency and feats for it? While the actual RL Nagaika is not made this way, 3.0 had a version which is a Whip with shards of broken glass protruding across from it (essentially ensuring damage is lethal). Sadly, because I can't find it, I can't price it (though might go with the price difference between a metal shield and a metal shield with spikes if you feel the cost needs to be increased).
    Why not just use the Scorpion Whip if you want a leth- oh. Welp, question asked and answered already it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbbug3 View Post

No to background skills, no to traits and drawbacks.

As for the Tribes, there are two big ones in Lifeline, those being the Bear Shamans and the Flame-Touched. The Bear Shamans live in the north, and have a connection with nature unlike any other. On the flip side, the Flame-Touched see nature as an abomination (humanoids and all living things being lobbed in with nature) and use their holy fire to destroy the landscape and settlements around them.

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    And while we are on the topic, what about Alternate Favored Class Bonus?
    The racial ones? Sure, go for them if you feel like. That does remind me to remind everybody else not to forget favored class bonuses, that extra Hit Point or whatever may come in handy one day.

[3.0 whip info]

If this is allowed, could I treat it as a whip for the purposes of feats and such?

Edit: Regarding the Heal skill, can it be used untrained? If so, would their be specific checks that require training? I ask, because it is not a class skill, and I have a 0 Wisdom modifier, so 1 rank will only give a +1 bonus anyway. Could not find any specification of this on the srd either.
    I want to keep this pure Paizo, so I'm going to have to say no. If you want a lethal whip, pick up the Scorpion Whip. As for the Heal Skill, I'm going to rule that you can use it untrained to treat regular wounds, but you have to have at least one skill rank to treat ability damage.

If I missed anything, feel free to ask again
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

I decided to go warpriest instead. Looking for a god of death or strife or something. Got a pantheon?
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kvard51 View Post
    I decided to go warpriest instead. Looking for a god of death or strife or something. Got a pantheon?
    Nope, only Gods that are around are the dark ones you'll be trying to kill in the mountains, pick whatever domains fit your spiritual inclinations like the Domains Without Gods section says.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

The racial ones? Sure, go for them if you feel like. That does remind me to remind everybody else not to forget favored class bonuses, that extra Hit Point or whatever may come in handy one day.
    Thanks! Added the extra hit point.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well... this is interesting, so let's see what the dice say.

(3d6)[5]
    (3d6)[5]
    (3d6)[9]
    (3d6)[14]
    (3d6)[13]
    (3d6)[12]
    (3d6)[13]

EDIT: Hm. OK, I can work with this.
    Last edited by Taelas; 2020-03-14 at 02:03 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taelas View Post
    Well... this is interesting, so let's see what the dice say.

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    [roll6]

EDIT: Hm. OK, I can work with this.
    If you roll lower than what a twenty point buy can give you, you can default to point buy :P

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yes; you stated in the big 16 that we could spend points to make up the difference. That means we can have lower than the normal minimum, yes?

So if I were to keep the two 5s and the 9 (the lower the stats you keep, the more freedom you have to distribute points), this would be a legal array?

Of course if you just meant we could use a normal 20 point buy instead, that changes things a lot.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taelas View Post
    Yes; you stated in the big 16 that we could spend points to make up the difference. That means we can have lower than the normal minimum, yes?

So if I were to keep the two 5s and the 9 (the lower the stats you keep, the more freedom you have to distribute points), this would be a legal array?

Of course if you just meant we could use a normal 20 point buy instead, that changes things a lot.
    The second one, because that first one is broken. I must have worded it incorrectly in the OP.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Nah, I'm just too used to rules lawyering and twisting imprecise wording to suit my purposes.

I shall withdraw, then; 20 PB is too low for my blood. Good luck!

20. - Top - End - #50

I like spooky things. I also like rolling dice. Dice, what say you?

(3d6)[7]
    (3d6)[10]
    (3d6)[12]
    (3d6)[11]
    (3d6)[10]
    (3d6)[8]
    (3d6)[11]

The dice don't like me today
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2020-03-15 at 03:15 PM.
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    I like spooky things. I also like rolling dice. Dice, what say you?

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    [roll6]

The dice don't like me today
    No they do not, I figured that rolling for stats would give SOMEONE something good, but it doesn't seem so.

22. - Top - End - #52

No they do not, I figured that rolling for stats would give SOMEONE something good, but it doesn't seem so.
    I'm still paying for my current character's stats. I rolled him about a year ago, we could roll two sets of 4d6b3. Both of his sets were like 45 point buy. Haven't rolled well on a character since
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

I got something good from what I usually get.

24. - Top - End - #54

Devil

My scores were fairly good, though rolling 15's feels underwhelming, but the spread is still solid. Last time I rolled for stats, I literally rolled six 14's in a row (which is 30 points in point buy) Since then, I've preferred point buy. While I am fine with my stats, Way of the Wicked presented Focus and Foible, where you set one stat at 18, and the others have you roll 1d10+7 for each stat in order (which can be crippling if it hits Con with an 8).
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-03-15 at 10:47 PM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

25. - Top - End - #55
    Halfling in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Might throw my hat in, see if I can come up with a character.

(3d6)[9]
    (3d6)[12]
    (3d6)[7]
    (3d6)[10]
    (3d6)[16]
    (3d6)[16]
    (3d6)[13]

26. - Top - End - #56

SamuraiGirl

With those stats, I think a rogue is in order.

(1d8)[6]

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Let the dice decide my class.

(3d6)[9]
    (3d6)[11]
    (3d6)[12]
    (3d6)[9]
    (3d6)[12]
    (3d6)[11]
    (3d6)[12]
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Let the dice decide my class.

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    [roll6]
    I think they want you to play a commoner :P

29. - Top - End - #59

SamuraiGirl

Ok, here's Alora the street urchin.

Spoiler: Image
    Show

Show
    Life was never too kind to Alora, so it only felt right to be unkind to it. Ever since being abandoned by her destitute mother, the little dark-haired, bright-eyed girl would grow up on the streets looking over her equally abandoned younger sister, Diane. Living as street urchins, the sisters would find every way possible to survive. Often at the expense of the better-offs. It only took one wrong move to land the sisters in trouble. After robbing a local gang member, Alora and Diane were hounded down. While Alora managed to escape, little Diane was abducted and never seen again.

Alora, not one to take life’s horrors without a little fight, would pursue everyone she saw chase her sister down. From the night she would target every gang member when they were by themselves. Mostly out of revenge, but also for the slim hope she’d find a clue of where Diane was taken. She’d cut down four members before the local authorities would detain her and ship her to World’s End.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I think they want you to play a commoner :P
    Seems like it. :p

HP: (1d8)[7]

EDIT: I am inclined towards a neutral kitsune mesmerist.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2020-03-17 at 04:24 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."