New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: IC Lords of Ruin (Spheres PF1)

Xerxes runs up to flank a giant with the Swordmaster. He grins. Brings back memories of training, Master. Although I was never among your best pupils when it came to unarmed combat, unfortunately. He swings for the face, aiming to split the brute's brow and cloud his vision.

Spoiler: ATTACK!
    Show
    Vital Strike and Fatal Thrust, with Face Strike. (1d20+14)[24] to hit, [roll]2d2+2d6+4[/roll] damage. If it hits, the giant has a 20% miss chance for one round.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Fighting has begun. A messy affair with no plan, but she will be thrown in with the others regardless of whether she contributes. So she decides to contribute, by charging across the arena to get within the range of a fire giant. It will start with a punch and hopefully end with worse.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Charge, unarmed strike. Already taken loss of equipment into account. Nonlethal. Oh, it's against FG1.

(1d20+14)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[7]
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2020-03-16 at 09:45 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Taking the opportunity, the Swordmaster steps up to flank with Xerxes. He quickly pulls his cane apart, revealing simple, yet high quality shortsword. In a quick flash, he slices out at the Giant, attempting to evicerate it.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Spending Martial Focus for Open Vein. Using Brutal Strike with Bone Breaker.

Attack vs FG2 (1d20+22)[26]
    Crit (17-20/x2)? (1d20+22)[24]
    Damage (1d6+9)[12] Slashing damage and (3d6)[8] Precision damage.
    Inflict 4d4+4 Bleed damage, starts on FG2's next action. Requires DC 35 Heal check or 20 HP healed at one time to staunch.

FG2 suffers -4 to attack and damage rolls, and is also battered

Despite both Xerxes and the Swordmaster's efforts, the giant barely seems damaged at all, but a second after his strike, blood begins to collect and pour profusely from the giant's gut.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-03-16 at 10:50 PM.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

"Big mistake, *******s," growled Volistad as he approached the melee. "Drop your weapon and your keys, and you might just live through this."

Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Use the Troubadour's Quick Change to switch his Persona to the Dread Knight (the one with full BAB and Aura of Fear)—unless it's reasonable to say he already did that off-screen, having been cuffed with magic-suppressing shackles. This one still has the Villain Persona and related quirks, so enemies within 20' have -2 to their Will saves vs Fear and to their Intimidate DC, and lose any immunity to fear they may have had.

Standard Action: Use Intimidate to try to Demoralize the one that was wounded; (1d20+17)[30]
    Free Action: Activate Aura of Fear; (1d20+6)[13] vs Will (they are immune if they have more than 7 HD)

Intimidate makes them Shaken, Aura of Fear also either makes them Shaken or raises Shaken to Frightened.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Being caught off-guard, the giant guards take a moment to regain their bearing as they were not used to their charges actually being competent in a fight.

The giant that Xerxes and the Swordmaster struck is holding his gut, while trying to focus as his sight whites out a bit. The combined effort of the two knights coupled with the Muspelblut's leering have knocked him for a loop.

Spoiler: FG2
    Show
    Bleeds for (3d4+4)[10] damage.

Attack 1 vs the Swordmaster Miss Chance (20 or lower) (1d100)[10]
    Warhammer attack (1d20+15)[27]
    Crit? (1d20+15)[23]
    Damage (2d6+6)[12]
    If crit, add (4d6+18)[30]

Attack 2 vs the Swordmaster Miss Chance (20 or lower) (1d100)[98]
    Warhammer attack (1d20+10)[17]
    Crit? (1d20+10)[24]
    Damage (2d6+6)[10]
    If crit, add (4d6+18)[37]

Attack 3 vs the Swordmaster Miss Chance (20 or lower) (1d100)[24]
    Warhammer attack (1d20+5)[14]
    Crit? (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage (2d6+6)[14]
    If crit, add (4d6+18)[27]

The giant swings wildly at the Swordmaster, hitting nothing but air.

The other giant is confronted by the Jotunblut, who lands a surprising blow, but nothing that bad compared to his buddy. He aims to make short work of the Ice Princess

Spoiler: FG1
    Show
    Warhammer attack 1 vs Krova (1d20+21)[27]
    Crit? (1d20+21)[36]
    Damage (2d6+10)[19]
    If Crit add (4d6+20)[37]

Warhammer attack 2 vs Krova (1d20+16)[27]
    Crit? (1d20+16)[19]
    Damage (2d6+10)[18]
    If Crit add (4d6+20)[30]

Warhammer attack 3 vs Krova (1d20+11)[24]
    Crit? (1d20+11)[19]
    Damage (2d6+10)[15]
    If Crit add (4d6+20)[32]

Krova is not so fortunate. Having split from the rest of the group to take on one of the captors singlehandedly, she is met with a punishing series of blows, Pummeling her half to death.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-03-17 at 12:25 PM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

6. - Top - End - #36

"Ow." Krova tries to grapple the giant after snagging it.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Swift Action Snag to give it Battered and -2 to CMD.

(1d20+15)[29]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Calben Traser
    Perception +4|AC 23 (+4 vs giants), Touch 12, FF 22, CMD 15|Fort +6 Ref +4|HP: 68/68

"My dice! Where did my dice go?". The gnome seems oblivious to the violence, as well as being unarmed, and then suddenly darts away, groping for the other jailer's keys.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Move action to Feint FG2: (1d20+16)[31]; On a success, spend focus to move withput provoking an AoO from FG 2. Swift action to regain focus. Standard action to do a Steal combat maneuver on FG1, going for the keys (he should be battered, so no AoO and -2 CMD) (1d20+4)[23] (+2 from flanking not added).
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2020-03-17 at 02:27 PM.
    Semper ludens.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Nothing else for it but try to hinder and distract the guard as much as possible. Volistad braced himself for the blow he was sure was coming, and rushed the giant that most of his allies were focused on.

Spoiler
    Show

Acrobatics (via Perform: Dance) against the AOO for moving out of a threatened space: (1d20+13)[27]

Move up and attempt to Grapple: (1d20+11)[30] CMB

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Not a great warrior, is he? If they weren't so big, the crown would have wiped them out ages ago. Xerxes feints to the left, before switching suddenly to the right and striking again. Feint and strike, exploit the opening. This really does bring back memories, Master.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move action: Feint (1d20+15)[24]
    Standard action fist with Vital Strike (1d20+12)[16], damage (2d2+5)[8] and (2d6)[3] precision, resetting the duration of face strike.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Stepping up to the giant which the swordmaster was tangling with, Eshegan leaps at the giant, trying to clamber his way onto his back and restrain him in some way--suicidal, perhaps, but he had few better options he could see.

Show
    Grapple check? I suppose I'll eat the AoO. Sort of wishing I had gone for unarmored training now :P (Current AC is 14)
    (1d20+6)[25] (If the flanking bonus applies, that adds another +2)

Regardless, I should count as flanking for sword-dude to go at him now.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Seeing the that the giant the Swordmaster struck is most certainly going to die and is being attacked by several others, he decides to step over and help Krova. Enemy or not, the Swordmaster will not let a woman be struck so callously. Again, there is a quick slash as he tries to flay the other giant.

Spoiler: Attack vs FG1
    Show
    Activates Berserker, gaining 16 temporary HP and -2 AC. Spending second Focus for Open Vein and using Brutal Strike with Bone-Breaker.

Attack vs FG1 (1d20+22)[24]
    Crit (17-20/x2)? (1d20+22)[39]
    Damage (1d6+7)[10] and (3d6)[8] precision damage
    If Crit, add (1d6+7)[9] damage
    If hit, it is battered, suffers -4 attack and damage, and takes 4d4+4 Bleed damage at the start of its next turn.

**Accidentally only rolled 3d4+4 vs FG2's Bleed, so add (1d4)[4] to it.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

A minor slip and the Swordmaster cut more deeply into the giant than he thought he would. In doing so, he ran his blade to the hilt and accidentally cut into Krova as well. As he does so, he say's "Whoops, I apologize for that, Miss, I was simply trying to help weaken it a bit more for you."

Spoiler: Luck Shot
    Show
    Damages the giant an extra 9 damage (rolled on precious post) and deals (1d6+7)[8] to Krova, but she does not suffer the effects of bleeding or brutal strike.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

13. - Top - End - #43

Krova growls as she's sliced up for what is the fourth time too many. "We are going to have words if this kills me," she grunts as she manipulates the grappled arm of the giant, blocking its movement by forcing a leg around its.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Against all odds, Eshagen manages to effectively grapple the giant, though its profuse bleeding soaks into his clothes, starting to smell like iron with a touch of sulfur. This proves too much for the giant who passed out from blood loss as he continues bleeding out onto the ground.

Casben is able to retrieve the keys from the guard.

The other giant attempts to wrest control from Krova, as the little girl is much more of a threat than he once thought.

Spoiler: FG1
    Show
    Takes (4d4+4)[12] damage

Attempts to regain control with grapple check (1d20+16)[24] (takes additional penalty equal to bleed damage on this check.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

15. - Top - End - #45

"Be thankful for my mercy" Krova whispers to the fire giant as she prevents his escape with a firm lock on his arm. She wrenches the arm she's holding and takes advantage of the opportunity to seize the giant's other arm, locking both of them in her own as she seizes his neck with her locked wrists. His limbs locked, she kicks the back of his knees to force him down to the ground and drags him towards her allies, then slams her knee into his spine and wrenches her grip on him at the last moment to inflict that much extra damage.

Show
    With the Prone and Pinned conditions he's got a -8 to AC and CMD so I'm assuming that all my actions hit for this description.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2020-03-18 at 05:21 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Calben Traser
    Perception +4|AC 23 (+4 vs giants), Touch 12, FF 22, CMD 15|Fort +6 Ref +4|HP: 68/68

Click. Calben unlocks his manacles, and moves over to Calben and Xerxes, key in hand.
    Semper ludens.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Luck roll on Cinch Strike (1d20+22)[26]

Krova strike hits harder than she realized, dealing double damage 38

However, she momentarily looses grip on the fire giant, granting it an opportunity to try to reverse the grapple.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-03-19 at 01:25 AM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

As Krova moves the giant passed the Swordmaster, he takes the opportunity to strike again, this time much harder.

Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    Uses Power Attack vs FG1 (1d20+18)[35] and uses Brutal Strike to activate Bone-Breaker again.
    Crit (17-20)? (1d20+18)[29]
    Damage (1d6+15)[17]
    If Crit add (2d6+30)[34] damage.
    If hit, add 4 Bleed for 4d4+8 bleed on Giant's turn.

Giant attempts to gain control of grapple.

Spoiler: FG1 CMB check
    Show
    Grapple vs Krova (1d20+16)[24]
    If Crit (1d20+16)[23]
    **Both rolls take a penalty equal to the Swordmaster's damage roll as well as the damage of any AoO's made by allies during Krova's dragging the Giant past them.

The slash the Swordmaster delivered was deceptively lethal. While the giant started to maneuver out of Krova's grasp, it's eyes go white as it drops unconscious and continues to bleed out.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-03-19 at 01:41 AM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

As the first guard went slack in his arms, Volistad let go and moved to help against the other giant, but he was already unconscious by the time he got there. Instead, he started searching the second guard for his key. "Good work everyone. Now, let's get our gear before someone else comes around to pick it up."

20. - Top - End - #50

Krova gets her cuffs undone and flexes her fingers as she feels the magic returning to her tattoos. "Thank you for your aid," she tells the Swordmaster.

She spots Volistad heading to search the body she'd just taken down "Can you see if he has any healing items? I am in need of them." Then she looks to the rest of the fighters. "We are in agreement that we ought to use the keys to free the rest of the people here, yes?"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Eshegan gets up and dusts himself off as the giant collapses, and turns to see the other fall as well. He hurries over to Calben, eager to get his cuffs off.

"They'll be back here soon enough, and anyone left's going to have a hell of a time. Let everyone loose. They'll be far better off." He spits on the body of one of the dead giants. "Plus, the more people out there who've got reason to fight these bastards, the better." When the cuffs come off, he stretches his arms, pale lightning playing along the marks between his wrists and shoulders. "Much better. Let's find our gear and get out of here. I can make it harder for the giants to track us when we go."
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

-----

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

"Certainly, milady, we shall free them all. I would like a few sets of cuffs for research, to see if we can find a simple counter to it. As for healing items, you at want to check their processing building. I brought a good dozen along with me. They are yours. You may also wish to take a few sets of cuffs with you along with some keys. You may find them useful in the future." The Swordmaster states.

After his cuffs are removed, he extends his arm and closes his eyes. When he does so, his tattoos begin to glow as his body turns a pale hue. Suddenly the ground beneath him shudders and several bits of metal are pulled out, forming a high quality Bastard Sword. The runes seem to extend along the length of the blade as it begins to glow slightly and drip some clear substance, of which smells of acid. "Ah, good, something a bit more useful, courtesy of one of the Royal Mages. I just wish it wouldn't tax the body so much, but I guess that is the cost, as I lack any sort of magical power."

Clearly fatigued, the Swordmaster uses his thumb to point at the processing building behind him. "You may want to hurry; by the look of it, they may come to collect what they confiscated, which means more of these giants will come, and as difficult as that fight may have been, they will most certainly come in larger numbers now. Also, you may want to start collecting your things from inventory before the others are free, or you may end up having some take your items for their own."

As the party starts freeing the other inmates, they seem grateful, as they rub their wrists. Fortunately, the building holding your items. Is locked, requiring your newfound keys to open. Still, the other inmates stare at the door hungrily, eager to leave the camp and claim freedom.

With a short bow, the Swordmaster says, [B]"As soon as things are cleared up here, I must bid you all adieu. I have other camps to visit. I'll be taking a set of keys for myself, when I depart. I hope they are universal."
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-03-19 at 12:33 PM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

As the cuffs fall off, Xerxes smiles, feeling the power of his Oaths course through him. His muscles swell, and the sense of his presence grows. Certainly. We shall not leave them enslaved to these foul beasts. Free those with magical power first. Let them take revenge on our common enemy. With the storehouse open, he slips on a ring and amulet, letting several ioun stones orbit his head. He dons an ornate suit of plate and a cloak, then picks up a well-made greatsword. At his touch, it comes to life, cold light playing along the edge. If they approach, the giant-kin are uneasy at its presence.

He steps outside and raises his hands to the sky, golden light surrounding them. His eyes roll back as he commands the universe. Beast of Zagog! Your master summons you! Heed my call! A luminous mist surrounds him, and the air is filled with the unearthly chanting of disembodied voices. Zagog! Zagog! Zagog! As suddenly as it starts, the voices are silent, and the mists recede. Xerxes sits astride a wolflike creature the size of an enormous warhorse with great dragonlike wings. Its forelimbs end in razor-sharp claws, and frost rims its teeth and claws. It tilts its head. I hear and obey, Master. What took you so long? Xerxes scratches behind its ear and laughs.

Show
    Spending 2 SP to summon the mount and have it last 7 hours without concentration.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Calben Traser

Calben pulls out his own suit of regular-sized plate armor.

"Xerxes! I'll do yours, then you do mine?" he offfers, then starts helping the giant don his armor.

The gnome seems particularly happy to find what looks like a slender sword-hilt, decorated with flames, clouds and mountains.
    [/QUOTE]
    Semper ludens.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

"Looks like we've all got plate to put on. If we need to put someone's suit on in a hurry, I've got a scroll for it here. One use only." Volistad waved the parchment for emphasis before he started laying out his own armor. He had leaned his greatsword with its scabbard against the crate, ready to hand in case he needed it quickly.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Amidst the various items sits a book, inventorying the various items brought by the inmates.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Eshegan shrugs into his chain shirt--light armor did have its advantages--and rifled through his backpack, making sure everything was there. "Hey, Krova, you were hurt, yeah?" He pulls a potion bottle from the pack and tosses it to her. "Won't fix you up completely, probably, but it's better than nothing. Got a couple more here if things get really desperate." He grabs his various other magic items and minor personal effects, and settles his glaive over his shoulder. He helps out the ones with more bulky armors gear up as well, once he's ready to go.

Show
    That potion will heal 3d8+5. I've got three more, but I'd prefer to keep a few for emergencies. As for the cure potions in the guard shed, go nuts on those, as far as I'm concerned.

Like I said, I've got something I want to do when we leave for good--gonna call up a rainstorm to hopefully wash away some of the tracks. I want to keep the ground dry for now, though, so he won't do this until we're leaving or out a little ways, then I'll figure exact effects/spell points spent/etc.

-----

28. - Top - End - #58

Krova spends a little time finding her own equipment - a good set of clothes, a cloak, a belt, and a ring that will take frustratingly long before it fills her belly. But still, it is better than she has felt for a while, so she is glad for them.

"I was. Thank you." Krova catches the potion tossed by Eshegan and drinks it along with some of the potions stored by the swordmaster.

Spoiler: Potions!
    Show
    (3d8+5)[19]

Using the average of this and the other potions, it'll take about five to heal Krova fully, so let's try that.

(2d8+3)[10]
    (2d8+3)[9]
    (2d8+3)[8]
    (2d8+3)[11]
    (2d8+3)[12]

Her wounds healed, she stores the rest of the potions on her person.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2020-03-19 at 05:10 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Calben Traser

With the cuffs off, the gnome looks....odd. It's not immediately apparent at first glance, but if you actually look at him, his colors become impossibly vivid. Even the floorboards stand out as the grain of the wood becomes clearer, almost luminous. As he helps Xerxes with his armor, each ornate piece becomes positively shining, fading into the normal gleam of good steel a few seconds later.

Spoiler: Witchmark - Knowledge (Arcana) DC 19
    Show
    Calben has CL 1, MSB +1, and the Illusion sphere.

After getting armored up and hanging his wands in their sheaths, Calben Traser turn to the party."Let me just slip into something less conspicuos". He puts on a well-worn flobby velvet cap, and suddenly, before you stands a grubby gnomish tinker, wearing nothing more protective than his leather apron, a few pots hanging of his belt making a metallic noise when he walks.
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2020-03-20 at 01:10 AM.
    Semper ludens.

30. - Top - End - #60

If nobody else volunteers to, Krova sets about freeing the rest of the prisoners from their cuffs.