New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Anyone play Gems of War? I need some advice on classes

Hoping someone might be able to help me.

I'm looking for a class that isn't very dependent on troop typing and is still fairly effective.

For instance, the Bard has the unique trait of enhancing all of your units that use Yellow mana every turn. Although the Bard adds some improvements to Wildfolk-type troops, that takes little precedence over making sure you have Yellow mana troops.

It's difficult to use something like the Titan in some events when it's bottlenecked behind using Giant troops, since Giants are like 1/30 of the troop types, compared to how Yellow is 1/6 of the possible colors (with most troops using 2 colors and 1-2 troop types).

This has made Bard very effective for me in almost any event (slap together any team of 4 yellow units, make sure they have a way to get mana, and it wins), but I'm having trouble with events that force you to use specific colors (such as Delves or Tower of Doom).

Are there similar examples of a good class that isn't directly tied to troop typing?
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2020-03-12 at 07:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!