Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [PTU] The Pokémon Trainer Challenge OOC

The Pokémon Trainer Challenge OOC

You have arrived on Domus Isle, the central hub of the legendary islands of Green Bays. Wingull flap through the air far above you, blocking out the light from the blazing sun. You look around and see dozens of other trainers walking around, each hoping to win glory in this iteration of the Pokémon Trainer Challenge. The magnificent fountains and tall, tiled buildings stand high in view. In the distance you can see the partially-constructed floating arena, where you hope to eventually do battle in the final tournament. First, however, you will need to enter the Challenge HQ and register as a new contender.

IC Thread

Last edited by thedanster7000; 2020-04-16 at 06:28 AM.
    Extended Sig
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

My RPG blog

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [PTU] The Pokémon Trainer Challenge OOC

Heyheyhey. I've added a wishlist to Ema's sheet, let me know if there's not enough variety in types (I tried to cover a few bases).

I can make a smaller version of the image on Ema's sheet if you need it for a sprite? Just let me know the dimensions.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Heyheyhey. I've added a wishlist to Ema's sheet, let me know if there's not enough variety in types (I tried to cover a few bases).

I can make a smaller version of the image on Ema's sheet if you need it for a sprite? Just let me know the dimensions.
    Looks good to me.

I think Roll20 is 70x70.
    Extended Sig
    Show

My RPG blog

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Working on the Wishlist

Loft will use this color for speech.

Also, Here is a list of Loft's extended family, which may or may not come into play

Spoiler: Clan Loftus
    Show

Demetri Loftus- Patriarch of the family, master martial artist. He has been trying for decades to become a gym leader, but has always been denied due to the level of violence he and his pokemon resort to. Thinks Loft is outright a coward, and cannot appreciate his son's sense of pacifism.

Amadine Loftus- Clan matriarch, Dimitri's second wife, Loft's mother. While she wasn't Demetri's first love, she had been a friend of his growing up and reconciled with him following the death of Mrs. Loftus. She means well, but has her hands full maintaining the family and its finances. Always believed Loft would one day find his special talent, but was blind to the bullying the others inflicted on him and Loft didn't want to tell her/cause more trouble.

Edgar Loftus- First Born son, first marriage. Demetri's favored son; he has not mastered aura powers, but became a policeman and is well liked by everyone. He did not outright bully Loft, but was a little rough on him under the impression his kid brother needed to toughen up. Deep down cares about him/all his family.

Mort Loftus-Second Born Son, first marriage- A thug and a bully; has a job as a martial arts instructor. He's a meat head and doesn't have much going for him outside of his sports activities. Bullied Loft, but to his credit, would not tolerate anyone outside of the family to torment Loft.

Deidre Loftus- Third born child, second marriage. Being the only daughter of the family afforded Deidre some level of freedom and special treatment none of the boys got. She was good at martial arts but also allowed to learn and train pokemon. She always cared about Loft, always believed in him and protected him whenever she could. She also owns a Meinfu and a Starly, but Diamond was her favorite.

Loft- fourth born son, second marriage. Only child who has mastered Aura powers

The Twins: Sam and Barry- fifth/six sons, second marriage. Utter, repugnant jerks. Bullied Loft the worst after realizing their dad disdains him and kept at it under the assumption it would win Demetri's approval. They utterly Hate Loft and his power manifestation may have made things worse.

Camron Loftus- 7th son, second marriage- He's 8. A generally well meaning kid that the entire family cares about. He feels sorry for Loft, but never did much else about it, as the Twins don't listen to him.
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2020-03-13 at 11:06 AM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Tana will speak in Fire Brick.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Updated Loft's wishlist, with the ones he's really after bolded.

Also: here is Loft's image for now until I can draw a better one-
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2020-03-13 at 11:47 AM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

7. - Top - End - #7

The IC is up!
    Extended Sig
    Show

My RPG blog

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Going to quickly add some equipment and then I'll see you in the IC!

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

9. - Top - End - #9

How are you buying equipment? We don't have any starting funds.

Edit: Oh, I just saw it added to the OP. Neat.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2020-03-13 at 12:19 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Are we assumed to have bought the gear with our money already, or do we buy it here before we set off?

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    Are we assumed to have bought the gear with our money already, or do we buy it here before we set off?
    Whichever you like, no powerful Pokéballs or powerful healing items though.
    Extended Sig
    Show

My RPG blog

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for the delay! Had a funeral to sing at yesterday and was sort of in a sad slump for the rest of the day.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

I work retail during this corona virus scare.

But things are evening out for the next bit, so... I should post a bit more regularly.

14. - Top - End - #14

Just occurred to me that I never mentioned this; your starters have 4 Loyalty, if it should ever matter.
    Extended Sig
    Show

My RPG blog

15. - Top - End - #15

Nice.

Also, good luck with the Sandile, Loft! My Starter's weak to Ground, so...

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll do what I can but I may try to capture the crabrawler for myself. Type affinity and all, but I need to get off work first before I post and to also let Hanna get a post in.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

...Oh god, that's hilarious. Please tell me the Pokedex works on Loft.

18. - Top - End - #18

That post was a little confusing. I mean, Ema is clearly the roughest, toughest Alpha around.

19. - Top - End - #19

Just occurred to me that turn-order posting will take forever, so everyone just post their actions for this round and I'll resolve the order and any necessary changes in a post after you three.
    Extended Sig
    Show

My RPG blog

20. - Top - End - #20

Sounds like a good change to me.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

So, Diamond goes after Hana, right?

22. - Top - End - #22

Not doing turns anymore, just post your actions for the round
    Extended Sig
    Show

My RPG blog

23. - Top - End - #23

Y'all still around?

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Y'all still around?
    I am, if the others can't post then I'll get a couple of different players in.
    Extended Sig
    Show

My RPG blog

25. - Top - End - #25

Aye aye, makes sense.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, sorry about that. The Corona situation at work has me stressed out and I forget to post in games sometimes... I think I wanted to give anyone else one last chance to post before I move Diamond and then, well, next time I turned around, a week or more had passed.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

... Did I just crit a freaking STRUGGLE attack?!

Is Diamond secretly Saitama and nobody told me?

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    Okay, sorry about that. The Corona situation at work has me stressed out and I forget to post in games sometimes... I think I wanted to give anyone else one last chance to post before I move Diamond and then, well, next time I turned around, a week or more had passed.
    No problem, I think it's getting to all of us a bit
    Extended Sig
    Show

My RPG blog

29. - Top - End - #29

I've PM'd hannahbbug, I'll see if she's responded on Monday, and if not I'll pick up another player.
    Extended Sig
    Show

My RPG blog

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Should I try to capture it again with Loft meanwhile? Also, can I retrieve that pokeball that missed?