New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Githyanki invasion!

Anybody remember the Dragon magazine with the Githyanki invasion in it? If you ran it, and how successful was the campaign? If you played, what was the most memorable part of the campaign?

Oh, and if you're running in that campaign right now, stop reading. Wouldn't want to give away the goodies.

Yeah, like that will stop anybody.
    Why is it the best campaign ideas happen when you're sitting down to someone elses game?

Pun-Pun is an example of the worst case scenario. Never, ever, push your DM that far.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Githyanki invasion!

Quote Originally Posted by Idea Man View Post
    If you played, what was the most memorable part of the campaign?
    Rocks fell everyone died after two new players were blatant power gamers and one tried to even make pun pun, and the other tried to make hulking hurler (sp?) etc.
    Last edited by Suzaku; 2007-10-23 at 12:22 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Well, I don't know anything about that specific adventure, but the Githyanki are awesome, and I plan to work them into my campaign world. Hell, it's sea-based so I'm gonna have my own ship-to-ship combat system.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

DID SOMEONE SAY GITHYANKI? :V

I have that issue, and it looks pretty good on the surface. It details the basic way githyanki fight and how they view war (and therefore, how to fight them). It has the basics for their ships and how they work, and some adventures/hooks from low to high levels. It also details out some encounters, and gives ideas for more.

It also has feats for stopping DDooring and other things githyanki can do.

Anyway, I've never played it, but it's a neat little issue. Giths, both kinds, are incredibly fun to run and play; I have a Githyanki paladin and he's my favorite character for sure.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

I wish I had those kind of issues . Anyway, I have to say I have a thing giths, bladelings, and spikers. I've got a few concepts lurking around my head, but I've never had the chance to try any of them out. The LA adjustment for giths kind of turns me off, though. I'm not sure, but bladelings most likely have a fairly hefty one, too.
    Generic Expendable Grunt of the Society for Hobgoblin Equality in Level Adjustment (SHELA)

Credit where it's due:Avatar helpfully improved by Baboon Army... Thanks again .

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dullyanna View Post
    I wish I had those kind of issues . Anyway, I have to say I have a thing giths, bladelings, and spikers. I've got a few concepts lurking around my head, but I've never had the chance to try any of them out. The LA adjustment for giths kind of turns me off, though. I'm not sure, but bladelings most likely have a fairly hefty one, too.
    This is where LA buyoff is the best thing ever. I use it m'self.

http://srd.pbemnexus.com/unearthedRaces.html

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karma Guard View Post
    This is where LA buyoff is the best thing ever. I use it m'self.

http://srd.pbemnexus.com/unearthedRaces.html
    Yaeh, I love it too. But some people don't, and thus don't allow it in their games. From what I can tell, it's easier to get a DM to allow it if you're using a +1 race.
    Generic Expendable Grunt of the Society for Hobgoblin Equality in Level Adjustment (SHELA)

Credit where it's due:Avatar helpfully improved by Baboon Army... Thanks again .