New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default War of shadows OOC

Alright guys, heres the offical out of character thread. Keep dice rolls in the IC post, but here ask questions out of character.

to start a discussion, I need all of you to select either your weapon OR armor as an heirloom item, once I have that I'll give a better description of what they exactly look like.

Imladir, I know you have the Book, which I'll describe to the others.

Their Spellbook look like it was bought 3rd hand, torn or missing pages that when opened look like half will fall out, the leather cover is cracked and falling apart and the spine looks like a newborn infant could rip it apart. some of the pages look like they have nasty stains on them, but the pages that do have writing on them are PERFECTLY legible and ueable, but any attempts to write new spells in the book fade away within a few days.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: War of shadows OOC

Hop, here I am :)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

My heirloom is my armor (chain shirt as a base).
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Detess: Chain shirt

This set of armor is rusty in some places that never seem to get rid of the rust no matter what you do to it. the leather straps are half-rotted but any attempts in the past to replace them have met with failure, though there has never been an issue of the straps not holding the armor on perfectly. On the hip area, there is a flat metal disc roughly the size of a quarter (american quarter)that has some strange scratchings on it. Despite all this, the armor fits you perfectly like a glove.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

Raidah's heirloom is her glaive.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

One of these days I'll decide to play a character who ISN'T about 10x as outgoing as me, and it will be so much easier.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NotASpiderSwarm View Post
    Raidah's heirloom is her glaive.
    urgh....I swear I'm better at replies than this...I'm gearing up to sell things at a convention next month, and a lot of my pieces are hurry up and wait...plus waiting for shipments of clock parts to come in!

Raidah's Glaive:

The blade itself looks half rusted and pitted and the long shaft looks termite ridden and half-rotted, and the blade looks like its held on by half rotted bolts. Despite the fact that it looks like a strong shout would make it fall it pieces when you wield it, it feels like an extension of yourself, almost like it is just an extension of your arms and perfectly balanced.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Just a head's up, as you can see on my profile I'm French and things are a bit of a mess at the moment here (compounded with the fact that I was supposed to move to a new town and start a new job there), so if I answer a bit erratically for a while, that's why.

Nothing to worry about, just figured I'd let you know in case it happens :)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks for the heads up! Stay safe, and healthy! Our president (America) is living in a constant state of denial and lying so who knows what we're doing.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

someone give me a knowledge history check, or shadow give me a knowledge religion check (unless your knowledge history is any better)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Knowledge [Religion]: (1d20+16)[22] (minus 9 if only Casmir is allowed to use Religion for some reason).

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

Knowledge: History: (1d20+8)[15]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Religion/history:

Before the formal founding of the world council, a temple of this size would have been the primary seat of the power of that council member/god. Faith magic would have kept it powered for eons. 4 of the gods/council members were aspects of the 4 elements (Shantu: wind; Alturist: Fire; Kol'nari: Water; Lamatu: Earth), with Almira and her husband Mal'turia were aspects of life and death. When the world's central government was established (to keep the world's peace with each race allowed their own laws and customs so long as it didn't interfere with the world law) the four temples were left to whichever race lived nearest. The temples were considered the highest of holy grounds and any settlement near them would be extremely lucky and blessed. The locations are not hidden or forgotten, its just rare that they receive common visitors from outside the villages.

Shantu:
    Location: Dragon's Spine Mountain Range, near one for 3 volcanos in the world.

Caretaker: Albright (human male)

Alturist:
    Location: Western coast of Aldorva, on the outskirts of the Elven forest.

Caretaker: Illa'tani (half elf Female)

Kol'nari:

Caretaker: Grotak, Firehand Clan (Orc male)

Lamatu:

Caretaker: Ar'visari (halfling female)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

These History rolls have just been terrible. Hopefully the dice roller is saving my luck for combat.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Jep, as Sarlon said, we totally get that real-life is interesting right now and might get in the way of posting, @shadowimmor!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

Yes, good luck with quarantine. I doubt anyone's living a normal life right now.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Sleep dep is a strange thing.......but I had the most amazing dream last night that played out just like a d&d game so things are gonna go a LITTLE differently than I originally had planned. *Insert evil dm laugh here for the next 5 minutes"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

Raidah's rolls so far: 6, 6, 1, 3. One of these days I'm going to follow through on my threat to make a char focused around nothing but luck feats and rerolls.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

don't forget to read your PM I sent you just a little while ago.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Messed the roll of course:
    Perception: (1d20+11)[25]
    Last edited by Imladir; 2020-04-06 at 02:08 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Hey!!! The one roll you didn't want to fail you did really well on!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

The one I really didn't want to fail was the Reflex one, but I could hardly have done better, so...

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

I meant notaspiderswarm

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

But a 23 on a +5 mod?! You nailed the crack out of that roll!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Quick question about something. The initial briefing mentioned the temple being a day's walk from our teleportation entry point, but we got there in 10 minutes. Is that an OOC change of plan, or something I should maybe bring up IC :P

edit: also, how much time do I have in my next post before something happens again?
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-04-07 at 06:42 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

change in plans....had i dream that I wanted to make into a D&D session and wanted to move things along

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

edit got ninja'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    edit: also, how much time do I have in my next post before something happens again?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

the finding of the body and the....incident that just happened was meant to happen fairly close together you're good for now

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

And yeah, before someone notes that, Elva is aware of everything else that's happening, it's just that she gets somewhat easily distracted by the closest shiny/intersting thing, even if there's a lot more going on XD

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Raidah and Elva....

I'm gonna send you both an individual pm, they will both happen almost simultaneously. Give me about 5 minutes.