New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: War of shadows OOC

Oh, nice. I'll edit my post slightly to reflect the new information.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Because apperently I get to bored to easily and like drawing maps....

Give me the weekend and you guys will get a full color world map of your world.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

ok trying this again.....we have your world map....if you have any questions let me know...

Last edited by sarlon; 2020-04-09 at 06:43 PM.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, I think I spotted a thing... But that's for Casmir to figure out for now :P

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Just a heads up guys since I don't want you all rage quitting on this game...

This first fight that's coming up you are NOT meant to win. You won't be permanently dead but there is a specific purpose to my methods.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

That doesn't sound ominous at all...

And nice map by the way.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Alright I chatted with some other dms on what I have planned on this unwinnable fight so to make it easier I'll be setting it up and showing the outcome. Your first reactions will be what happens after that post

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Well... At least we can only die once, a 1 in Hide won't change much :o

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Imladir View Post
    Got a 20 in move silently though :P

And with a decent perception I might spot trouble before the hide roll becomes relevant.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Imladir View Post
    In the world of D&D....you only die once? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

I don't do critical failures, but if you roll a 1 on any roll, no matter how high your modifier, you're gonna find out what kind of sense of humor I have :P

Check the newest post of IC for an example.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sarlon View Post
    I don't do critical failures, but if you roll a 1 on any roll, no matter how high your modifier, you're gonna find out what kind of sense of humor I have :P
    And now imagine someone trying to spot me and rolling under that 12, just completely missing me walking down the hallway like that XD

edit: wow, this really isn't getting any better on the roll department -_-
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-04-14 at 03:42 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Maybe the rolls are being saved for later when it's important.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sarlon View Post
    Maybe the rolls are being saved for later when it's important.
    My dice luck does tend to trend that way, so we'll see XD

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Just to point out: I did not get spotted :P

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

guys, I don't know what's going on, I'm not getting emails saying the posts have been updated.

But since most of you are posting while I'm in bed (most of you are in Europe somewhere I think), expect most of my posts in the morning my time (at time of this posting its almost 7:30 pm my time).

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

I'll have an answer up tomorrow, sorry, the last few days have been busy and I kinda forgot

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

I've sent two of you private messages. Please make sure to read them....and one to respond.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

hey uh....detess.....I know you're good and all......but that typo in your last post made me giggle.....you're carrying Gods around in your backpack.....now THATS some faith :P

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

You must be mistaken! Certainly I'd never make a mistake like that! And if I did, I certainly wouldn't edit it out to make it look like it was never there in the first place! XD
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-04-24 at 07:20 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

and this post just made me laugh even harder.....Glad you decided to join my game :)

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

She sighs, pulls out her tongs, then mutters. It's never easy. Why can't I just kill minotaurs and get paid for it? It's always got to be messy.

because.....DMs like messing around with their players! It will all make sense I promise!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

Oh, no worries, I'm into it.

Raidah, though, trains hard and prepares because she wants to do good honest hard work for a fair paycheck, and the world just keeps on not making that easy.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

*****IMPORTANT DM MESSAGE!!!**********

I know this is for OOC for the group, but I need to ask a clarifying question for something that will be coming up later...

A player has asked me in private what are some of the books. I'll answer that in general knowledge if you wish or privately. So my question is.....HOW many books are you taking? (as many will fit or just the more interesting ones....and what would you deem "interesting" besides the obvious journals.) Give me 3 different perception checks and I'll give you somethings that you deem "interesting". Keep in mind there are probably 1000 or more books in this room, some VERY skinny (like a dozen pages at most) and others that would put the unabridged copy of the Oxford English dictionary to shame.

--------------------------

Second...

I normally do this for my players face to face....but a few of your interactions are going to let me TENTATIVELY try this...

I give all my players hero points....I'll explain in detail here in a moment. You start with 5, they can be lost, used, earned, but NOT traded (you can't give one to another player). They do not reset at every session, but often you can earn several in one session...now granted this is a play by post and will be testing how I award.

Now the Fun info...
    • Earned: AMAZING RP, sometimes just an off-hand comment at the right time even if your character wouldn't say it personally....you as a player interjected it to make it fit
    • Lost: NOT the same as using....this one comes up more often when playing face to face when a player argues the rules too much to my face after I've made a decision. Question my rules, I don't mind, make me rethink something....but let it go once I've made the final decision.
    • Using: This is the simple and fun part....you can use this to reroll ANY roll, you know you botched something that makes you petrified? no problem....use a hero point and reroll....you can use as many as you want, but you HAVE to take the second roll no matter what. I've had a few players use all their points in a single roll because of it being botched would have been MAJORLY bad news.
    • Something to note....you CAN go into the negative in points, this allows ME the DM to make you reroll a roll, and you have to take the second roll no matter the outcome.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Oh you can answer here no problem, I just didn't think of this thread when I asked the question ^^

And I didn't imagine there were so many books. Alyndra would be torn between finding the books she considers the most interesting (to her), and those that are the most precious / rare / old, thus needing to be protected.

And damn, why do I only have Augury and not Divination, it would have made it so much easier :'(

So I'll give you my three perception rolls:

Perception - (1d20+11)[14]
    Perception - (1d20+11)[20]
    Perception - (1d20+11)[25]

Here are some Knowledge rolls that might be pertinent (though if you don't want then, don't use them of course :D)
    Knowledge (Arcana) - (1d20+13)[25]
    Knowledge (History) - (1d20+7)[14]
    Knowledge (Religion) - (1d20+16)[21]

Could have gone better overall, hmpf.

And noted the the hero points.
    Last edited by Imladir; 2020-04-27 at 10:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

ok...I have to put it in....its an OLD inside joke from my group.....but likes to pop up....there is an EPIC level barbarian novel (its 3 pages long......that's a novel to an orc barbarian).....

its entitled "a barbarians advice to a rogue from 30 feet away"

page 1: Grab it and Run!

Page 2: poke it with a stick!

Page 3: Pull the lever! (blood splotch on this page)

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

Raidah is only looking for the journals. If there’s anything else mixed in with them, she’s not concerned about accidentally grabbing it, and if she sees something like a spell book or “Almira’s Secrets of Creating a Universe” she’ll pick it up, but the journals are the only goal.

As for how many she’s taking? I have 70 lbs of carrying capacity before I hit a heavy load. Raidah wants every journal.
    Perception:
    (1d20+8)[27]
    (1d20+8)[13]
    (1d20+8)[10]

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Hey guys no one's posted in a while.....anyone still alive?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Damn sorry, I read the last message at a time where I couldn't answer and forgot about it. I was waiting for a mail...

I'm posting right now.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I'm still here. I was waiting for someone to post after my last post, and then no one did and I started not checking the thread as often, sorry.