New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: War of shadows OOC

hey guys we seem to be down a player... I've contacted Shadow and not received any kind of response, but i know hes posting in other forums/games (looked at his recent activity). How long do you want to wait to hear from him before we drop him from the game and just continue on?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

I'd say right now we can continue with RP without strictly needing him. If he isn't back by the next time we're heading out into danger we can make the call then.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

I'm with DeTess. If we don't get a response soon, our next time buying items there's a couple ways to cover for a lack of Cleric support.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

It should be done before we head out, unless we somehow meet the new guy outside of Lotipac otherwise we'd have to wait quite a bit for him to make a character, get situated and introduced.

Plus if you've sent him a PM and he didn't answer, let's just do it right now.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Someone plays world of Warcraft :P

I'm sorry illidan is off world dealing with demons and space goats
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Well, as a matter of fact, while I've played a lot of MMORPGs, WoW has never been one of them...

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

I think you meant illidari

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Yep, I fixed it.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

ok guys I've posted looking for a new Cleric, I'm gonna slow your time in town while I filter a new guy in, lets go ahead with the turning in of the info to Illidari and we'll assume the cleric stayed up at the temple for now.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

hey guys we have a new cleric.....I'm hashing out details, and will have a character sheet for me sometime tomorrow.

it will be a dwarf....and while I wait for his character we MAY need to recon heading back to town....I need to learn which clan hes from before i decide. He may be walking up on you while still at the temple, if not we'll pick back up in town. So lets pin any future comments till at least tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

ok dwarves of the world...

There are 3 MAJOR dwarf clan areas...

The northern range where you just came from...They are more typical dwarf. the ones you see in fantasy, these guys are master forgers and smiths of most metal products.

The Western barrier range clans....they are more reclusive but work closely with the elven clans to develop wood products and helps with making things for the mining that is almost exclusive to that mountain range.

The southern island dwarves are actually a more interesting clan group...they are shipbuilders, they work on the seas and while they live near a mountain range it's not their primary home. These guys are more like Polynesian groups rather than mountain men. They favor bright colors and light clothing (think their island groups like Hawaii in weather and island type). They typically don't have the full-on face beard other more northern clans might carry because of the year-round temps.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hello everyone, so I guess now's the time to say hello to you.

First of all, thanks for having me! I am looking forward to playing with you, and am curious how this all will play out, being dropped into an existing group and all. So, please bear with me if I have some questions in the beginning.

My character sheet is here, if you want to look at it, go ahead, I'll leave that up to you: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2219280 . Still needs some polishing.

If I see correctly, Dark Green is not yet in use as a speech color?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

alright guys, Shadow is able to come back he finally got in contact with me, life has been....hectic for him. We kinda left his cleric up in the temple and we already have a replacement, so I'll leave it up to you guys if you would like him to be able to come back as a different character. I'll work out details on who he is and where he is and how to work him in, but ONLY if you guys are in agreement.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

I'm certainly fine with him returning. I can understand that life's happening excessively for a lot of people right now, so I'm certainly willing to accommodate it. I don't have to do most of that accommodating though, as i'm not DMing the game.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

ok guys, Shadow is coming back as our cleric, and our "new" cleric has agreed to play a different class. he's going to play a ranger. Since he's barely made any posts regarding the character it will not be that big a shock of character change.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Sounds good. I'd prefer it if someone else could do the 'catching Casmir up' thing though, as the recent talk has left Elva feeling quite drained, and she kinda doesn't want to do it again.

17. - Top - End - #77

Yeah, I'm a ranger now. I did not change much in my initial post, since I'll stay with the Shantu worshipping, and he isn't running around with armor and weapons there anyway.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Soooo, notaspiderswarm, Imladir, you still with us?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

ok guys last chance before I move along without the others...

If you are still here and want to continue....leave a message here or PM me that you want to drop out.

I'll give everyone till Sunday, July 5, 2020, for responses.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

I'm still here, and not going anywhere anytime soon!

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    I'm still here, and not going anywhere anytime soon!
    Same here!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Sorry, I'm here!

Just finished my move (yesterday), settled down in my apartment. Internet is not yet up though.

I'll try to have a post up on Monday or Tuesday at the latest, but if you want to post do it, I'll catch up, no worries :)

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Josiah of the Order of the Open Palm

Human male
    orphan, picked on constantly
    19yrs old
    5'9" 150lbs

Josiah was a brawler until he attempted to pick the wrong pocket. The woman was a master monk in good standing with the Order of the Open Palm, and never struck Josiah no matter how much you swung wildly at her. Mostly all she ever really did was do that infuriating trick where they use your own attack to put you on your face/@5$, and taunted him saying, "You hit like a girl, Grasshopper."
    She saw potential in Josiah, and when the city guard arrested him, she waited until they had put him in a cell. That evening, the monk came to visit. "I am told your name is Josiah; you impressed me with how you kept getting back up and sticking to your guns. My monastic order would benefit from teaching you."
    Josiah looked up, "Lady, I don't know how to read, and you want me to be a pious man?"
    "Not pious, a monk. Able to flow like wind in the trees where all others would bludgeon about like stones upon the waves. You are now met with a twinning of paths: join me at the monastery or have formal charges brought against you for attacking a "helpless old woman" and remain a prisoner the rest of your natural life, never again to see the sunlight beyond what comes through your tiny window."
    The woman had a firm hand in Josiah's life, taking no **** but--while a strict disciplinarian--she was not unkind; she gave him a good education and what she couldn't teach she brought in a tutor. While not the head of the order, she had high standing and expected Josiah to respect her position in public. After what felt like the longest childhood in history, when Josiah became an adult he was given the choice of staying at the order headquarters or going out into the world and learn a skill to make a living. When he chose to stay with the order, his training began in earnest and he quickly moved up the ranks from earlier training.
    While not a full master (that wouldn't be earned for many years and many trials) the Masters encouraged him to apply to the adventurers guild.
    After making a small name for himself there, and having earned the Gem of the Order of Adventurers (monk color is purple I think), Josiah was ordered to Lotipac city for a private meeting, get there ASAP for an urgent matter, and to present the letter to any guard in the city for entrance to the council chambers.
    Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 2020-07-05 at 04:09 PM.
    Tabhain faoi na réaltaí. “Reach for the stars.”

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Guys this is my local friend I told two of you about. It's ok I gave him alot of that back story.

25. - Top - End - #85

Hello group,

I had originally been re-recruited as cleric, but then switched to ranger when the previous cleric re-appeared. So, I am wondering whether I should continue with my ranger or my cleric -- any preferences in the group?

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2219280 or
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2224614

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

I told him it's entirely his choice....I can make literally anything work.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Well, ideally, I'd say pick the one you like most.

On the other hand, there are two questions to ask:
    - Did we definitely lose our first cleric?
    - And we kinda-sorta have to, what would best serve the party?

I probably would feel safer with a cleric, but all in all, we'll probably adapt, no worries. So go with what you prefer and we'll make it work.

28. - Top - End - #88

First of all, I would like to apologize for my incoherent posting rate as of late. As a result of overcommiting here in the forums, slight changes in real life, and my general issues with sticking to long-term activities, it started to feel like a burden instead of fun to post. I took time to think on how to proceed, and came to the conclusion that the only feasible approach is to drastically reduce the set of games I am in.

I decided that this game is one that I would like to keep. Still, I feel that I need some time to "collect myself" again and get rid of the anxiety of not having posted, etc. As such, "hickups" in the posting rate may still occur. If you feel that my lack of posting is unbearable right now, or dragging down the game, I would be very glad if you let me know.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Up to Sarlon more than anything of course, but it's alright as far as I'm concerned.

I'm certainly not in any position to say anything else after all :o

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Knowledge: Arcana - (1d20+13)[18]
    Knowledge: Arcana - (1d20+13)[18]
    Knowledge: Arcana - (1d20+13)[23]

Intelligence - (1d20+5)[9]

Yeah... Grr, can't edit now...
    Last edited by Imladir; 2020-07-23 at 07:27 AM.