Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [M&M 3e] The Curious Case of Hope's Ridge (Open)

Need to change your sheet permissions.

The sum of your damage and attack should be equal to or less than 4.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

sheet should be viewable now, thanks. I have a fighting of 4, and a strength of 3, so I think that means I attack with +4 and deal 3 damage right?
    Edit: and makes a toughness check against DC 13? to see if they've taken damage?
    Last edited by Roninblack; 2020-03-21 at 05:00 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Your bonus to Hit plus the damage cannot be more than 4. You have a total of 7. If you want 3 damage you need to reduce your hit bonus to 1.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2020-03-21 at 05:41 PM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

4. - Top - End - #34

oh, I see. How would you recommend moving points? Cutting fighting 2 and str 1 to get a couple more advantages and skills, leaving attack at +2 and damage at +2. Do I have that right?
    Is there anything else that's not legal?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

+2/+2 would be more balanced, obviously, but it largely depends on what kind of character you're building. Though in my opinion it's better to favor damage over to-hit. No point in being accurate if your opponent is going to tank the hit anyway.

EDIT: Also, as for the rest of the numbers, you can add a point to either Will or Fortitude and still be legal, but Dodge/Toughness and Parry/Toughness have the same limit as Attack bonus and Damage. If you want to have Toughness 3, your dodge and Parry need to drop to 1, and... Well, you can technically have Dodge 5 if you tank your Toughness to -1 but. Uh. You'll probably spend most of the campaign KO'd

EDIT EDIT: A -3 in any stat is roughly toddler level. With that in Intellect, you're basically roleplaying the special needs kid.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2020-03-21 at 07:04 PM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    +2/+2 would be more balanced, obviously, but it largely depends on what kind of character you're building. Though in my opinion it's better to favor damage over to-hit. No point in being accurate if your opponent is going to tank the hit anyway.

EDIT: Also, as for the rest of the numbers, you can add a point to either Will or Fortitude and still be legal, but Dodge/Toughness and Parry/Toughness have the same limit as Attack bonus and Damage. If you want to have Toughness 3, your dodge and Parry need to drop to 1, and... Well, you can technically have Dodge 5 if you tank your Toughness to -1 but. Uh. You'll probably spend most of the campaign KO'd
    So the Dodge/toughness and parry/toughness cap is AFTER modifiers have been applied? ARRGHHHHHH, ok, I'll straighten it ought.

Edit: so if that's true then my bonus to toughness due to stamana means that I can't have more than 1 point in dodge or parry, but my bonus from agi and fgt respectively each add a +2 to those stats making the stat over cap, is that correct?

Edit: edit: Ok, I think the build is legal now, thank you for your help friends. If there's anything else I screwed up, please let me know. I'm hoping to hear from the OP and get this thing going!!!
    Last edited by Roninblack; 2020-03-22 at 11:49 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Sounds cool, here's my character:

Spoiler
    Show

Alex Martin
    PL 2, 30 PP

Abilities: 16 PP

Strength 2
    Stamina 2
    Agility 1
    Dexterity -1
    Fighting 2
    Intellect 0
    Awareness 2
    Presence 0

Defenses: 1 PP

Dodge: 1 (+2)
    Parry: 0 (+2)
    Fortitude: 0 (+2)
    Will: 0 (+2)
    Toughness: 2

Advantages: 8 PP

All-Out Attack, Favored Foe (Bullies), Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Interpose, Power Attack, Second Chance (For damage taken while Interposing), Takedown

Skills: 7 PP

Athletics 0 (+2), Acrobatics 0 (+1), Expertise (Law) +4 (+4), Insight 2 (+3), Intimidation 6, Perception 0 (+2), Sleight of Hand 0 (-1), Stealth 0 (+1), Vehicles 0 (-1)

Offense:
    Initiative +1
    Unarmed Damage DC 17, +2

Complications:

Make My Village a Better Place (Motivation: Doing Good) - Alex takes part in charities, he's already done enough community work for a senior, and he's practicing law so he can become a cop.

Protect the Weak and Punish the Guilty (Motivation: Justice) - Alex HATES bullies with a passion. He was bullied once until he got strong, now he protects others and strives to fight for what is right.

Speak My Mind (Quirk) - Alex is the first to speak the truth, the first to speak up against injustice, the first to call out someone who's gone too far. He means well, but brutal honesty and ill-timed remarks can get him in trouble.

Anything For Those I Love (Relationship) - Alex loves his family and friends fiercely. His little sister especially. He's passionate about what he does and does his best to take charge for those who need him.

Hobbies (Responsibility) - Alex does martial arts, goes to the gym, and likes hiking, gardening and football.

Jumped at the Call (Obsession) - Alex grew up on superhero stories and he wants to be a hero more than anything. If he finds out supers are real, he's gonna be all over it.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Will the ritualist advantage ever be on the table?
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Apologies for any delay on my part. As I'm sure everyone is aware, things are a bit out of sorts IRL and there are many things that need my attention lately.

I'm doing my best to make sure nothing is neglected, but certain things need to take a higher priority than others. I am hoping to have some time to sit down and chose characters soon for this so we can get the game running.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhentarim View Post
    Will the ritualist advantage ever be on the table?
    Sorry I don't have my sources in front of me right now. Remind me what this advantage is? I want to try and allow as much freedom in power development as I can as the game progresses, but I also want to maintain a certain aesthetic for the game.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Jester View Post
    Sorry I don't have my sources in front of me right now. Remind me what this advantage is? I want to try and allow as much freedom in power development as I can as the game progresses, but I also want to maintain a certain aesthetic for the game.
    The majority of the content for M&M 3e is available legally here. The Ritualist advantage is here. In short, it'd allow for using expertise (magic) to do rituals, one shot, slow magical rites that do various things.

Edit: On a different note, I am interested in the game, I deeply enjoyed your last game although I remember it failing as PBP does, I just am working on a concept still and had the answer to that question to hand.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2020-03-28 at 12:36 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

People still interested in this, and is the DM still running it?
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2020-04-01 at 12:18 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Sounds like he's bogged down in stuff, tho I really like to see this game take off, it has a lot of potential.

13. - Top - End - #43

I also am still interested, hoping to see the premise turn into something cool