New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Bronze Scavengers in Fallen Kingdoms and Eldritch Forests

Just wanted to give thanks to this thread. I showed it to my father, who immediately declared we're running a campaign there. So far we've discovered a gold coin (still baffled by its use), fought sauhuagin and clay demons (corruption seeping from old ruins contaminated our favorite clay pits), and have just found our first bronze dagger. We're level 3.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NRSASD View Post
    Just wanted to give thanks to this thread. I showed it to my father, who immediately declared we're running a campaign there. So far we've discovered a gold coin (still baffled by its use), fought sauhuagin and clay demons (corruption seeping from old ruins contaminated our favorite clay pits), and have just found our first bronze dagger. We're level 3.
    That's fantastic! Just out of curiousity, what are the races/cultures that are present in your take on this setting?
    Currently worldbuilding Port Demesne: A Safe Harbor in a Shattered World! If you have a moment, I would love your feedback!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

I have started a Roll20 campaign and made this little primer for my players, meant as a supplement to the D&D Player's Handbook: http://spriggans-den.com/wp-content/...Primer-2.0.pdf
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sam113097 View Post
    That's fantastic! Just out of curiousity, what are the races/cultures that are present in your take on this setting?
    It's pretty post-apocalyptic at the moment. We're a small village of about 200 people on a small tropical island, practicing pretty subsistence living trades. We make pottery, dive for clams, fish, brew beer, do woodworking, and craft Egyptian-style reed boats. Most of the population is human, though we have a pretty healthy number of half-elves, half-orcs, dwarf-orcs, dwarf-humans, and dwarf-gnomes too. We have a village bronzesmith, an ex-adventurer from beyond our humble shores; the only foreigner any of us have ever met.

The village is built around a Greco-Roman (actually Thracian, but close enough) abbey manned by the Lamenting Sisters of Rubigo, a militant sister hood of priestesses who fight in phalanx formation and carrying rhomphaias. They're awesome, oppressive, and more than a little terrifying. Rubigo was a god of the old world, who was slain by the forest gods at the very spot the abbey stands today. Within a couple miles of his grave, old world grains can grow and the forests don't approach. Outside of that though is dense, impenetrable jungle that grows back overnight or monster-infested ocean.

We're playing as apprentices to the major craftsmen of our town, and the first couple missions were just gathering supplies and scouting out new areas to harvest from. We then encountered a hobgoblin legion that apparently teleported onto our island. After a couple good siege fights, a strategic assassination of hobgoblin leadership, and some sabotage of the hobgoblin's teleportation gate, we've forced them into an all out assault on our abbey.

There's also a demon possession crisis that seems to be happening, and everyone in the village can cast a cantrip or two (but doing so risks demonic possession). but we've been too busy being besieged and setting sahuagin/hobgoblins on fire to figure that out.

We have a druid, a ranger, a fighter, and a sorcerer, though the sorcerer might be possessed by demons. His master definitely was, and he's holding out a lot of information on us.
    Last edited by NRSASD; 2020-04-23 at 09:05 PM.