Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Battletech - A time of Total Warfare (Combo of A time of War and Total Warfare)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    Oh, I took some other traits too. I'm just trying to finalize the one.

I'm thinking some kind of nerve damage causing loss of feeling in a leg or hand. Does that work?

Also, what equipment availability ratings should we use, given we're sitting right smack dab in the middle of two eras?

Much as like the name Valkyrie, that's already a 'Mech. Using it in the name might imply a single-unit composition like Miller's Marauders or Cochraine's Goliaths.
    Well then we shall name ourselves the Maddened MadCats! Cuz we need a full Lance of MadCats (Mk.II preferable).

But if we go with a sorta Norse feel for the Merc Company, or at least OUR lance, then it'd almost be a destiny-fate thing of getting a Thor, maybe a Loki as well. And not call them by the name those clanner scumbags think is the right one.

But using a Name that makes some thing our lance is one thing could be to an advantage as well, since they might not expect a STEINER SCOUT LANCE!
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Youtube Account:Here.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Battletech - A time of Total Warfare (Combo of A time of War and Total Warfare)

I'm thinking some kind of nerve damage causing loss of feeling in a leg or hand. Does that work?
    Seems appropriate. Use the Lost Limb penalties (-2 to DEX rolls using the hand, -2 RFL for balance checks and -1 MP for the foot at -2 TP) as a guide.
    Also, what equipment availability ratings should we use, given we're sitting right smack dab in the middle of two eras?
    Since it's the cusp of the new era, use the Clan Invasion availability for anything that's rated A-E in the Succession Wars, and one grade worse than the CI availability for anything that was LosTech (or effectively so, essentially anything with X or F Succession War availability rating, but a non-X/F rating for Star League).

For example, the Particle Support Cannon (aka Support PPC) has a rating of C-F-C, reflecting that it became an extremely rare piece of tech during the Succession Wars, but returned for the Clan Invasion, so it'll have an availability of D (one grade worse than the Invasion era's C) because it's only recently becoming more available; while the standard Cooling Vest instead has a rating of B-C-B, so it'll use the B rating to reflect that it's benefited from the increased production but never fell out of use in the first place.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

well okay um playing on theme here how about Odin's Amazons?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    well okay um playing on theme here how about Odin's Amazons?
    Odin's Chosen?
    The Einherjar?
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    Odin's Chosen?
    The Einherjar?
    Odin's Chosen works for me

but the Einherjar I do not think works
    Old Norse einherjar = 'those who fight alone' or 'those who belong to an army') is the term used in Northern mythology for the warriors slain in battle, who are brought to Valhalla by the Valkyries after their deaths

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Odin's Chosen works for me

but the Einherjar I do not think works
    Old Norse einherjar = 'those who fight alone' or 'those who belong to an army') is the term used in Northern mythology for the warriors slain in battle, who are brought to Valhalla by the Valkyries after their deaths
    Well it could work, since it's a collection of warriors from all castes of life that have fallen in battle, bonded in valhalla.
    Could be a synonyme of how the Lance (maybe the full Merc Company) is made up of people no longer attached to their original army or home or whatnot. They now fight alone, but amongst fellow people of the same mindset. They fight alone.... and do so together.

I did mention something with Valkyries included prior but someone pointed out a Valkyrie is also a Mech which could cause confusion.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Also GM do we get extra XP for starting with an age above 21? As per mention on page 49 'Starting Allotment'.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Do we have any firm deadlines for character submissions? I need at least a weekend to get my character sheet together, and I probably need someone to roll for me for some of the results on the Total Warfare tables.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by McStabbington View Post
    Do we have any firm deadlines for character submissions? I need at least a weekend to get my character sheet together, and I probably need someone to roll for me for some of the results on the Total Warfare tables.
    What tables do you need to roll on?
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

pending gm input on 2nd idea I may swap my character for another that keeps with discussed theme

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

pending gm input on 2nd idea I may swap my character for another that keeps with discussed theme
    Don't ruin a good character idea on my part at least, just to fit a wider group.
    Of course all of our character should be able to function efficiently together, but not to the point of having to conform with character creation into something that doesn't feel right to play.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

What tables do you need to roll on?
    Not sure, yet. As I said, my original character idea is basically to adapt a pre-existing commander from the Magistracy to serve as our unit commander (as leader, I promise to be harsh but fair). But, the thing is, the Magistracy in this time period makes maybe 60 mechs per year from a single factory, none larger than a Shadow Hawk, and they have no war college. Plus, ranks in the MAF are purchased, not obtained, so if he comes from the Magistracy and he was an officer, he's wealthy.

Long story short, I won't know until I've completed the adaptation what table I'm even rolling from. The upside about trying to create "a wealthy guy with military experience in the MAF" as a character background is that it affords me a great deal of flexibility in what that background amounts to. I have bullet points that I want to hit, but plenty of room to maneuver. But at this point, that's also the downside. If he was trained in, say, the Free Worlds League because his parents purchased an entrance for him, and he fought in the Andurien Secession Crisis as is likely, that might suggest he or his family managed to purchase something relatively new (if Age-of-War) from the production lines on Andurien. Then again, maybe he has an old but still serviceable family mech that he's using, in which case the Periphery tables are more appropriate. I won't know until I've turned the concept into an actual character and talked about it with the DM.
    Last edited by McStabbington; 2020-03-27 at 12:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Not sure, yet. As I said, my original character idea is basically to adapt a pre-existing commander from the Magistracy to serve as our unit commander (as leader, I promise to be harsh but fair). But, the thing is, the Magistracy in this time period makes maybe 60 mechs per year from a single factory, none larger than a Shadow Hawk, and they have no war college. Plus, ranks in the MAF are purchased, not obtained, so if he comes from the Magistracy and he was an officer, he's wealthy.

Long story short, I won't know until I've completed the adaptation what table I'm even rolling from. The upside about trying to create "a wealthy guy with military experience in the MAF" as a character background is that it affords me a great deal of flexibility in what that background amounts to. I have bullet points that I want to hit, but plenty of room to maneuver. But at this point, that's also the downside. If he was trained in, say, the Free Worlds League because his parents purchased an entrance for him, and he fought in the Andurien Secession Crisis as is likely, that might suggest he or his family managed to purchase something relatively new (if Age-of-War) from the production lines on Andurien. Then again, maybe he has an old but still serviceable family mech that he's using, in which case the Periphery tables are more appropriate. I won't know until I've turned the concept into an actual character and talked about it with the DM.
    I meant more in regards with tables you were even referring to. I didn't think there were any tables in the Total Warfare book we were using.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

You shouldn't need TW for character creation. Maybe the Tech Manual if you buy enough custom vehicle to design your own.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Random Unit Assignment Tables. AToW only has the tables for 3075 from what I can see, and we're not playing in 3075.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The TW tables are 3067-ish. We're using fan-made tables linked here.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaaand charactersheet on Page 1 should now be finished!
    Just need to write up a forum friendly Mech Record Sheet so I can stat up the Guillotine.

I almost just wanna do extra characters for the hell of it... cuz bored atm. No job, corona all over the world, etc.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2020-03-27 at 06:26 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Also GM do we get extra XP for starting with an age above 21? As per mention on page 49 'Starting Allotment'.
    No extra XP for starting over 21, just the automatic stat adjustments. I'd prefer to keep characters as close to an even footing with respect to their starting point as possible, and crossing that first age threshold is also possible during play if the campaign proves to have legs.
    No firm deadline yet.
    The TW tables are 3067-ish. We're using fan-made tables linked here.
    "Fan-made", but Xotl's work on the tables lead Catalyst to invite him to the Master Unit List team.
    Aaaand charactersheet on Page 1 should now be finished!
    Just need to write up a forum friendly Mech Record Sheet so I can stat up the Guillotine.
    Editor-friendly, or reader friendly? Clever use of tables can fill in as the latter, but not so much as the former:

Spoiler: Combined Diagram
    Show
    Head
    Armor: 9/9
    Structure: 3/3

1: Life Support
    2: Sensors
    3: Cockpit
    4: Reroll
    5: Sensors
    6: Life Support
    Left Arm
    Armor: 20/20

Structure: 11/11

1: Shoulder
    2: Upper Arm
    3: [Large Laser
    4: ^
    Left Torso
    Armor: 22/22
    (rear): 8/8
    Structure: 15/15

1: Heat Sink
    2: Heat Sink
    3: Heat Sink
    4: Heat Sink
    5: Heat Sink
    6: Heat Sink
    7: Heat Sink
    8: Jump Jet
    9: Medium Laser
    Center Torso
    Armor: 27/27
    (rear): 12/12
    Structure: 22/22

1: Engine
    2: Engine
    3: Engine
    4: Gyro
    5: Gyro
    6: Gyro
    7: Gyro
    8: Engine
    9: Engine
    10: Engine
    11: SRM 6
    12: ^
    Right Torso

6: Jump Jet
    7: Medium Laser
    8: SRM 6 Ammo
    9: CASE
    Right Arm

3: Lower Arm
    4: Medium Laser
    5: Medium Laser
    Left Leg

1: Hip
    2: Upper Leg
    3: Lower Leg
    4: Foot
    Right Leg

Last edited by Mando Knight; 2020-03-27 at 07:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    No extra XP for starting over 21, just the automatic stat adjustments. I'd prefer to keep characters as close to an even footing with respect to their starting point as possible, and crossing that first age threshold is also possible during play if the campaign proves to have legs.

No firm deadline yet.

"Fan-made", but Xotl's work on the tables lead Catalyst to invite him to the Master Unit List team.

Editor-friendly, or reader friendly? Clever use of tables can fill in as the latter, but not so much as the former:

Spoiler: Combined Diagram
    Show
    Head
    Armor: 9/9

4: Reroll
    Left Arm

3: [Large Laser
    4: ^
    Left Torso

6: Heat Sink
    7: Heat Sink
    8: Jump Jet
    9: Medium Laser
    Center Torso
    Armor: 27/27
    (rear): 12/12
    Structure: 22/22

11: SRM 6
    12: ^
    Right Torso

8: SRM 6 Ammo
    9: CASE
    Right Arm

4: Medium Laser
    Left Leg

Right Leg

I suck at making use of Tables, so would most likely have set it up like my charactersheet. So more Editor Friendly over 'Record Sheet Mimicry' accuracy.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I suck at making use of Tables, so would most likely have set it up like my charactersheet. So more Editor Friendly over 'Record Sheet Mimicry' accuracy.
    Perhaps this would be more your speed, then (modified from the MegaMekLab summary output):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guillotine GLT-3N

Movement: 4/6/4
    Heat Sinks: 25

Head Armor: 9/9, Internal: 3/3
    Center Torso Armor: 27/27 (12/12 rear), Internal: 22/22
    Right Torso Armor: 22/22 (8/8 rear), Internal: 15/15
    Left Torso Armor: 22/22 (8/8 rear), Internal: 15/15
    Right Arm Armor: 20/20, Internal: 11/11
    Left Arm Armor: 20/20, Internal: 11/11
    Right Leg Armor: 22/22, Internal: 15/15
    Left Leg Armor: 22/22, Internal: 15/15

Weapons
    Large Laser (LA) Heat: 8
    Medium Laser (RA) Heat: 3
    Medium Laser (LT) Heat: 3
    Medium Laser (RT) Heat: 3
    SRM 6 (CT) Heat: 4

Ammo
    SRM 6 Ammo: 15/15

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Perhaps this would be more your speed, then (modified from the MegaMekLab summary output):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guillotine GLT-3N

Movement: 4/6/4
    Heat Sinks: 25

Head Armor: 9/9, Internal: 3/3
    Center Torso Armor: 27/27 (12/12 rear), Internal: 22/22
    Right Torso Armor: 22/22 (8/8 rear), Internal: 15/15
    Left Torso Armor: 22/22 (8/8 rear), Internal: 15/15
    Right Arm Armor: 20/20, Internal: 11/11
    Left Arm Armor: 20/20, Internal: 11/11
    Right Leg Armor: 22/22, Internal: 15/15
    Left Leg Armor: 22/22, Internal: 15/15

Weapons
    Large Laser (LA) Heat: 8
    Medium Laser (LT) Heat: 3
    Medium Laser (RT) Heat: 3
    SRM 6 (CT) Heat: 4

Ammo
    SRM 6 Ammo: 15/15
    Something like that. But might make a Custom version cuz I prefer having my own-made sheets for this if stuff like Mythweaver isn't available.

Oh and could you give my character a looksie-over just in case I messed up something?
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2020-03-27 at 08:47 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Incidentally, I wholeheartedly approve of either the luck or the eye required to get a Guillotine, because it's the perfect kind of mech for a mercenary outfit: not flashy in any way, but it's maneuverable for its size with the jump jets, it's got mostly energy weapons, and it's a brick of armor that's very tough to bring down. Plus, it tends not to draw a great deal of fire in the way that glass cannons do.

Sure, it tends not to rack up a lot of kills, but I'll take a win where we can just push people off the map and secure the objective, even if we don't have a lot of kills. Plus, it can be worse sometimes to still have a mech that needs a ridiculous amount of repair to bring functional than it is to lose the mech outright. Guillotines tend to do that to other mechs.

As an aside, do we want to have unit-standard gear? The mercenary outfits I've worked with tended to offer that as an option. I realize if you've already got your Sunbeam Laser Pistol, and you want to spend your hard-earned credits on power pack rechargers that's your business. You might even prefer that to a standard auto-pistol. But it seems like if we want to look like professionals, we should make at least an attempt at standardizing our gear, and creating a unit-standard uniform rather than just whatever we can sling together. I've found it's worth the money, though I myself have little to no sartorial sensibilities.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Oh and could you give my character a looksie-over just in case I messed up something?
    By my calculations, you're pretty far over budget, and have quite a few too many negative traits on top of that.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

mando I updated the 2nd character that I sent earlier to below if you want to give it a look over
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-29 at 06:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

OK, I'm finally ready to put up my character. Hemnon, I'm stealing your template because it looks nice.
    Character Recordsheet
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Personal Data
    Show

Name: Xioafan Jicai
    Affiliation: Capellan Confederation - Victoria Commonality
    XP: 5

Height: 175 cm
    Weight: 70 kg
    Hair Color: Raven Black
    Eye Color: Green

Spoiler: Attributes
    Show

Strength
    Score: 3
    Link: -1
    XP: +300

Body
    Score: 4
    Link: 0
    XP: +400

Reflex
    Score: 7
    Link: -1
    XP: +700

Dexterity
    Link: +0

Intelligence

Willpower

Charisma

Edge
    Score: 5
    XP: +500

Spoiler: Traits (Personal)
    Show

Citizenship (Capellan Confederation)
    Xioafan earned her citizenship through service in the CCAF.
    Trait Points:
    Page Reference:
    XP: +0

Compulsion/Paranoia
    It's not paranoia if somebody's actually tried to kill your entire family! People surprising Xioafan are likely to be greeted with a drawn weapon, or worse.

Gameplay-wise, this means that when the compulsion is triggered (either situational, or if it's an addiction, it will normally trigger if the character haven't had access to the addicted substance for more than 24 hours), a WIL Attribute roll is required to resist the negative effects of the compulsion (suffering a -3 modifier to all rolls until the cause for the compulsion is either gone, or if it's an addiction, that the addictive need is fulfilled). The roll is done at -2 modifier.
    Trait Points: -2
    Page Reference: 110-111
    XP: -200

Compulsion/Pain Killers
    While recuperating from from her bomb-related injuries, Xioafan became hooked on the medicinal-grade painkillers she was given.

Gameplay-wise, this means that when the compulsion is triggered (either situational, or if it's an addiction, it will normally trigger if the character haven't had access to the addicted substance for more than 24 hours), a WIL Attribute roll is required to resist the negative effects of the compulsion (suffering a -1 modifier to all rolls until the cause for the compulsion is either gone, or if it's an addiction, that the addictive need is fulfilled). The roll is done at +0 modifier.
    Page Reference: 110-111

Connections (Capellan Confederation)
    Her father was a MechWarrior, but her mother was planetary administrator. Through her and her schooling, Xioafan knows a lot of people across the Confederation.

Gameplay-wise, this means that the character can attempt to a Connections Roll (specific skill will vary depending on the situation and the specific type of aid sought through the connection) with a -1 modifier. If successful, depending on the type of need the character is seeking aid for (Info, Wealth, Equip, People, etc.) the GM may give access to certain levels of support to the character, depending on the type of aid that was seeked through the connections the character has. More info can be found on Pages 111-112.
    Trait Points: +1
    Page Reference: 111-112
    XP: +100

Equipped
    The Equipped Table outlines the character’s level of equipment access based on the Trait’s TP score, refl ecting the maximum equipment ratings to which a character may have access when purchasing equipment in terms of Tech Level, Availability and Legality (see Equipment, starting on p. 254, for more information on these codes).
    The Equipped Trait cannot be used to obtain items covered by the Vehicle Trait (see p. 128). However, personal vehicles and support vehicles may be obtained through this Trait.
    Page Reference: 116

Extra Income
    Xioafan still has a small portfolio she can draw on. She has access to an extra 250 C-Bills a month.
    Page Reference: 117

Lost Limb
    Xioafan's right foot was crushed when the bomb blast brought a beam down on it. Surgeons managed to mostly save the foot, but she lost all but her little toe.
    Page Reference: 120-121

Poor Hearing
    Xioafan suffered permanent hearing loss from the explosion. Fortunately for her, the damage did not effect her inner ear and thus her piloting skills.
    Page Reference: 122

Phenotype (Normal Human)
    Technically, all characters receive a phenotype upon creation, but unless the character in question is a Clan trueborn, the only option available in A Time of War is defined simply as “normal human”. Trueborn Clansmen, however, have been eugenically bred toward other phenotypes as well, and must select the Aerospace, Elemental or MechWarrior phenotypes for their characters. This Phenotype Trait has no TP score, but all characters must possess one and only one phenotype. If a character has no Phenotype Trait assigned, he or she is presumed to be a normal human. Max stats for Normal Human are noted below.
    Str (8), BOD (8), DEX (8), RFL (8), INT (8), WIL (8), CHA (9), EDG (9).
    Trait Points: +0
    Page Reference: 121-122
    XP: +0

Rank (Enlisted E2 - Mechwarrior)

Any ingame effects from this trait is wholely at the purview of the GM if any modifiers would be added to a roll if the Rank is relevant in any way, etc.
    Trait Points: +3
    Page Reference: 123-124

Vehicle
    Gameplay-wise, this trait allows the character to start with a vehicle up to a size and type depending on the amount of Trait Points spent on it.
    Trait Points: +4 (Medium 'Mech)
    Page Reference: 128-129

Wealth
    Xioafan left quickly, but she managed to take a good chunk of change with her. She starts with 10,000 C-Bills
    Trait Points: +3
    Page Reference: 128-129

Traitname*
    Description for Trait here*
    Trait Points:
    Page Reference:
    XP:

Spoiler: Skills
    Show

Archery
    Level: 0
    Links: DEX
    TN/C: 7/SB
    XP: 20

Career/Soldier
    Level: 3
    Links: INT
    XP: +72

Communications/Conventional
    Level: 1
    XP: +30

Computers
    TN/C: 8/CB

Gunnery/'Mech
    Level: 4
    Links: RFL+DEX
    TN/C: 8/SA
    XP: +120

Interest/BattleMechs
    XP: +20

Interest/Fashion

Interest/Short-Wave Radio

Language/Cantonese
    Links: INT+CHA
    XP: +50

Language/English

Language/Madarin

Leadership
    Links: WIL+CHA

Martial Arts
    Links: RFL (Simple Tier)
    XP: +80

Medtech
    Level: 2

Melee Weapons

Navigation/Ground
    TN/C: 7/CB

Negotiation
    Links: CHA
    TN/C: 8/SC

Perception

Piloting/'Mech
    Links: RFL+DEX

Protocol/Capellan Confederation
    Links: WIL+CHA
    TN/C: 9/CA

Sensor Operations
    Links: INT+WIL

Small Arms
    Level: 2

Stealth
    Links: RFL+INT

Tactics/Land
    Links: INT+WIL

Technician/Electronics
    Links: DEX+INT

Technician/Mechanic
    Links: DEX+INT

Skillname*
    Level:
    Links:
    TN/C: /
    XP:

Spoiler: Combat Data
    Show

Condition Monitor
    Standard Damage: 0
    Fatigue Damage: 0
    Stun: No
    Unconscious: No

--------------------
    Movement (Meters per Turn)
    Walk: 10
    Run/Evade: 20
    Sprint: 40 (Causes fatigue)
    Climb: 2 (Missing skill)
    Crawl: 2
    Swim: 10

--------------------
    Encumbrance Overlook
    Encumbered: 20kg
    Very Encumbered: 40kg
    Overloaded: 75kg

Total Weight Carried: -kg

--------------------
    Personal Armor (Location)

Main Helmet - Neurohelmet (Head)
    Armor Type: Mechwarrior Kit - Inner Sphere
    BAR (M/B/E/X): 4/4/3/2

Main Body Armor - Mechwarrior Cooling Vest(Torso)
    Armor Type: Mechwarrior Kit - Inner Sphere, Regular
    BAR (M/B/E/X): 1/2/0/1

Main Boots - Plasteel Boots (Feet)
    Armor Type: Mechwarrior Kit - Inner Sphere
    BAR (M/B/E/X): 4/6/4/4

Flak Jacket (Arms, Torso)
    Armor Type:
    BAR (M/B/E/X): 1/5/1/3

--------------------
    Weapon
    Martial Arts
    Skill: 3
    AP/DB: 1M/0D (+MoS x 0.25)
    Range: Melee
    Ammo: N/A
    Notes

Vibroblade
    Skill: 1
    AP/DB: 6M/2D (+MoS x 0.25)
    Range: 1M
    Ammo: 1 PPS (20 PP Microclip)
    Notes

Revolver
    Skill: 2
    AP/DB: 4B/4
    Range: 8/18/40/90
    Ammo: 6/10
    Notes
    Laser Sight, +1 to hit
    Holster
    10 Reloads (2 carried)

Compound Bow
    Skill: 0
    AP/DB: 2B/2
    Ammo: 1/20
    Notes:
    Simple Action to reload

Spoiler: Biography
    Show

Life Modules

0/Affiliation: Capellan Confederation - Victoria Commonality

1/Early Childhood: White Collar
    Other notes: None

2/Late Childhood: Military School
    Other notes: None

3/Higher Education: Military Academy, Basic & Advanced Training.
    Other notes: Basic Training Field, Advanced Training (MechWarrior) Field.

4/Real Life: Tour of Duty-Inner sphere

Spoiler: Inventory
    Show

Civilian Clothing (4 sets)
    Data/Statistics
    Combination of skirts, pants, shirts, sweaters, jackets, socks, shoes, sleepwear and underwear
    Mass - 0.5kg-3kg per set (depending on what's worn with what).

Overcoat
    Typically worn out of the cockpit, covering her flak jacket. Rugged, but fashionable.
    Statistics
    Mass - 1.5 kg

Military Fatigues (3 sets)
    Location: Usually worn most of the time, underneath any other armor or gear.
    Data/Statistics
    Covers - Torso, Arms and Legs.
    Mass - 0.5kg (each)

MechWarrior Gear (Neurohelmet, Cooling Vest, Plasteel Boots)
    Data/Statistics
    -2 to Perception; Encumbering;
    If the Cooling Vest is reduced to a BAR of 0 in any category, it loses its functionality; treat the unit as if it has suffered a Life Support critical hit in game play.
    Mass - 12.5kg (5+4+0.5+3)

Revolver with Laser Sight,
    Data/Statistics
    Ammo - 6/10 (2 carried)
    Mass - .95 kg (.5 kg +0.1 kg +0.2kg +.15kg)

Military Micro-Communicator +HC Micro Power Pack
    Data/Statistics
    Range - 5km (If No Relay Is Available)
    Power Use - 1 PPH (20/20 PP available)
    Mass - 1g

Noteputer +HC Micro Power Pack
    Data/Statistics
    Portable; Requires Micro Power Packs.
    Power Use - 0.1 PPH (20/20 PP available)
    Mass - 0.52kg (0.5kg +0.02kg)

Binox Image Intensifier
    x20 magnification, +1 Perception at Medium or longer Range, also works as night-vision goggles
    Mass - 250 g

10x HC Micro Power Packs
    Usually carries 5 at a time for personal gear and five recharging in her 'Mech or quarters
    Data/Statistics
    Power Capacity - 30 PP each
    Mass - 0.2kg (0.02kg each)

Heavy-Duty Charger
    Data/Statistics
    Plug-in required (can be plugged into just about any standard-type electric wallsocket) in order to recharge Power Packs.
    May service up to 5 Power Packs at once.
    Power Generation - 200 PPH
    Mass - 0.4kg

Solar Recharger
    Data/Statistics
    Requires nothing to work, except a basic level of light.
    Power Generation - 50 PPH
    Mass - 1.5kg

Kinetic Recharger
    Location: Usually stores in her battlemech for emergency use.
    Data/Statistics
    Requires nothing to work, except for manual cranking to make it begin charging Power Packs. Comes with alternative charging method that can be swapped depending on need, such as a version as a windmill, watermill, foot-crank or handcrank.
    Power Generation - 5 PPH
    Mass - 2kg

Medipatch
    Data/Statistics
    1 use ; +1 to Meditech Rolls.
    Mass - 10g

Hearing Aid (Type 2 Prosthetic)

Type 2 Prosthetic: Foot

ItemName*

C-Bills: 7,915

Spoiler: Vehicle Data
    Show

Vehicle Model/Name: PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk
    Vehicle Type: Bipedal Battlemech
    Vehicle Mass: 45 tons
    Vehicle Traits: None

Notes
    Type: PXH-1+ Phoenix Hawk
    Technology Base: Inner Sphere / 3025
    Ruleset: Standard (5th edition)
    Tonnage: 45
    Cost: 4,050,865 C-bills
    Battle Value: 876
    Equipment Mass
    Internal Structure: Standard 4.5
    Engine: 270 14.5
    Type: Fusion
    Walking MP: 6
    Running MP: 9
    Jumping MP: 6
    Heat Sinks: 10 [10] 0.0
    Gyro: Standard 3.0
    Cockpit: 3.0
    Armor Factor: 136 8.5
    Internal
    Structure Armor
    Value
    Head 3 8
    Center Torso 14 23
    Center Torso (rear) 5
    L/R Torso 11/11 18/18
    L/R Torso (rear) 4/4
    L/R Arms 7/7 11/11
    L/R Legs 11/11 17/17
    Weapons and Ammo Location Crits Tons
    Large Laser RA 2 5.0
    Medium Laser RA 1 1.0
    Medium Laser LA 1 1.0
    Machine Gun RA 1 0.5
    Machine Gun LA 1 0.5
    Ammo (MG) 100 CT 1 0.5

BattleForce 2
    MP Damage PB/M/L Overheat Class
    6J 2/2/- 2 M
    Armor/Structure Point Value Specials
    3/4 9 -

Spoiler: Combat HUD
    Show

Heat: 0

RL (RA) - OK
    ML (RA) - OK
    MG (RA) - OK
    ML (LA)- OK
    MG - (LA) - OK

MG Ammo: 100

HTAL: (Armor/IS)
    HD: 8/3
    CT: 23(5)/14
    LT: 18(4)/11
    RT: 18(4)/11
    LA: 11/7
    RA: 11/7
    LL: 17/11
    RL: 17/11

Spoiler: Critical Table
    Show
    Head
    Armor: 8/8

4: -
    Left Arm
    Armor: 11/11

Structure: 7/7

4: Hand
    6: Machine Gun
    Left Torso
    Armor: 18/18
    (rear): 4/4

1: Jump Jet
    2: Jump Jet
    3: Jump Jet
    Center Torso
    Armor: 23/23
    (rear): 5/5
    Structure: 14/14

11: MG Ammo (200)
    12: -
    Right Torso
    Armor: 18/18
    (rear): 4/4

1: Jump Jet
    2: Jump Jet
    3: Jump Jet
    Right Arm
    Armor: 11/11
    Structure: 7/7

4: Hand
    5: Large Laser
    6: Large Laser
    8: Machine Gun
    Left Leg
    Armor: 17/17

5: -
    6: -
    Right Leg
    Armor: 17/17

5: -
    6: -

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

Xioafan was born right on the eve of the catastrophic 4th Succession War. While the fighting didn't reach Renown, the effects were felt across the entire Confederation. And right on the heels of that conflict, war did come to Renown as the Magistracy of Canopus launched their invasion. Her father gave his life holding the line against the invaders, but it was in vain. Renown fell under enemy control until the CCAF rallied and drove the invaders out.

When she came of age, she followed her father's footsteps and joined the CCAF. Her military career was a distinguished as could be for consisting of garrison duty and minor border raids. But when on leave to attend family function, a bomb blast suddenly ripped through the room, killing everyone present. Save for Xioafan, who somehow survived. Talk quickly spread of another Maskirovka purge, and freinds helped Xioafan leave the Confederation on course for the mercenary's star of Outreach, to start anew.

Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2020-04-05 at 11:41 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I'll finish equipment and fluff tomorrow.

But in the meantime, because I'm just dying to find out, I'll make my RAT roll - (1d1000)[502].

P-Hawk- nice.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2020-03-27 at 11:17 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

By my calculations, you're pretty far over budget, and have quite a few too many negative traits on top of that.
    I am? I thought I had balanced it out right.
    And isn't it just in terms of extra traits of -5 TP in total that's the issue? Is there a limit to Negative traits gained from Modules and then modded into a full negative during the Negative Optimization part - aka. it's not a purchase of additional Negative Traits, just taking a -25 XP thing and make it a -100 Trait and gain +75 XP for it.
    So all in all, with everything included I should be at the right amount.

I see no place in the rules mentioning a limit to negative traits. Only a limit of a total of -5 TPs in Additional XP purchased, which is the final step in character creation.

Remember that my character is also 25 (almost 26), so gets a massive Attribute Bonus boost just from that.

I sadly deleted my counting table, but all in all after basic module-purchase and the universal package, the total spent XP is 4650. Then came the modification of Negative and positive traits, which should balance out correctly since I did not take extra traits, I just lowered or raised them to their nearest 'valid' number. Like lowering the In For Life trait to -300 (from -200) which would give my character an additional 100 XP. Same was done with 3 of the four Compulsion Traits which were in between -25 and -75; which would also give more XP.
    After that came the skills which with Fast Learner needs a lower amount to gain the skill (although from pure calculation, in order to gain a massive positive on it, XP-wise, you need to have a mechwarrior that's survived decades of relative-constant active duty with not Edge-refreshing needed or Attribute/Trait gains).
    Once I had finackled the Skills I went on to spending spare XP I had remaining as well as giving my character -4 TP worth of Negative Traits, which were 400 XP further to spent to bolster stats to minimum needed to fulfill Prerequisites.
    Lastly, after checking prerequisite fulfillment, I added the aging effects to the Attributes, which are all +100 (or +50 to CHA) to most of the Attributes.

also the XP counts are all +N to show how much XP is in the Attribute/Trait/Skill, not how much EXTRA there is in it. It's the total current value.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2020-03-28 at 09:49 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Just to be clear, exactly what kind of campaign are we to expect? Is the DM planning extensive rp, or extensive action outside the cockpit?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Just to be clear, exactly what kind of campaign are we to expect? Is the DM planning extensive rp, or extensive action outside the cockpit?
    I am personally hoping for a mix of Courtly level interactions (Mechwarriors are seen as Larger-than-life people akin to the knights of old... although Merc Mechwarriors are more like a Roving Knights-for-hire rather than household-knights), so a chance to socialize, heck even a chance to meet some lords and ladies of the local planet, a chance to show off and either confirm or go against perceived expectations of a Mercenary.

Then chances to also pilot the mechs would be nice (Duh).
    Intrique moments of PC enemies showing up (not neccessarily for battle, but rather to flaunt their presence and such).

Ya know, a little of that wider appeal focus to allow other character skills than just Gunnery/Mech, Pilot/Mech and Sensory Rolls being the only thing.
    Stuff like negotiating a contract, stipulating specific clauses in the deal, possible honorary titles given for services done high above expectations, etc. etc.
    Moments of calling in Aerofighter support, that first encounter with the clans later on, etc.
    Not always forcing a battle but allowing stuff like a measure of understanding, maybe play by the clanners' rules for a time, etc.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2020-03-28 at 12:46 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I see we'll get along just fine.

One thing I was hoping for was a sense of what to pare out of my character concept, make him a little more focused as a character. One of the things I've been thinking of was that once he went into the MAF, as one of the very few in the Magistracy who had formal mechwarrior training, that part of his backstory was that he'd been brought into the Active Response Corps, which is the Magistracy black ops team. Not anywhere near as good as DEST or the Death Commandos, but extremely solid for the Periphery, probably about as good as MI6 of the Fed Suns. Which in turn would explain part of his backstory in the Andurien Secession Crisis: he was part of a team essentially tasked with making sure Emma Centralla didn't die while she was fighting on Repulse and Canopus with the Second Canopian Cuirassiers. Which would also give him some training in things like anti-battlemech infantry tactics, and give us an option to expand our range of tactics.

But I also need to realize that a mechwarrior who went to Nagelring, and was a special forces soldier, who is also our unit commander and our ace negotiator, could be a wee bit much for backstory. I mean, there's nothing wrong with the idea that a 45-year old has been all of those things, and PC's in the Battletech universe typically are among the elites for weird and varied experiences. And there's nothing illogical about the progression I'm planning. I'm just saying it could spread the 5000 xp a mite thin, and something might have to give as I go through the character creation process. If so, I'd like to know what to give. I could abandon making him the unit commander, or I could abandon making him former ARC. My choice depends heavily on the campaign: if the thought of planning a mission with us out of our mechs infiltrating enemy base camps and fragging their mechwarriors before they get into their cockpits fills our GM's heart with terror, special forces training might be easier to pass up on.