Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Battletech - A time of Total Warfare (Combo of A time of War and Total Warfare)

ER-PPC Year Introduced IS IS = 2751 Year Availability IS = 3037 Heat 15 Damage 10 Range 1-23 Tons 7 Critical Slots 3
    Medium Laser Year Introduced IS = 2290 Heat 3 Damage 5 Range 1-9 Tons 1 Critical Slots 1
    Gauss Rifle Year Introduced IS IS = 2587 Year Availability IS = 3040 Heat 1 Damage 15 Range 1-22 Tons 15 Critical Slots 7
    SRM-6 Year Introduced IS = 2370 Year Availability IS = 2370 Heat 4 Damage 2/missile Range 1-9 Tons 3 Critical Slots 2 Ammo Per Ton 15
    Heat Sink Introduced IS = 2022 Tons 1 Critical Slots 1
    Double Heat Sink Introduced IS = 2559, 3026, 3030, 3041 Tons 1 Critical Slots 3
    Fusion Engine XL Introduced IS = 2556, 2579, 2784, 2865
    Ferro-Fibrous Armor Introduced IS = 2557, 2571, 3040 Critical Slots 14 provides more protection per ton than standard armor (12% for Inner Sphere)
    Endo Steel Introduced IS = 2471, 3035 Critical Slots 14 twice as strong per unit of weight as standard skeleton materials thus halving the weight of the chassis

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Battletech - A time of Total Warfare (Combo of A time of War and Total Warfare)

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    Ahh.... doesn't that take like 5 or 6 or some such in Custom Vehicle to even be allowed to make your own mech? Just curious here.
    I see putting that many points into Custom Vehicle as more of "pull out the TechManual and make the whole thing from scratch". As with upgrading the Guillotine to its Star League spec, I see one or two points as a more suitable substitute for a MechWarrior-style customization of an existing design, within (negotiable) reason.
    Also won't ER PPCs (well anything ER basically) first be a thing after the clans attack?
    From what I recall it's not until the late 3050s that ER weaponry was sufficiently researched to be created for mech-production (unless someone went Frankenmech with Clan-salvaged Tech of course). Yes the ER PPC was available in use and production since the year 3039 in the Draconis Combine at least.
    The Fusigon Longtooth is on one of the earlier TRO: 3050 designs (Ronin, Inc starts producing the Warhammer 7M in 3047) and has a "common" production date of 3042 in Interstellar Ops (meaning that all of the Successor States have access to at least one arms manufacturer that can produce PPCs to that spec).
    I just figured a goal for my character, to potentially get a hold of a Refit Kit later for her Guillotine to have it upgraded to a GLT-5M. It's not until 3049 that the Variant becomes available tho.
    It uses a little more endosteel to lower the overall weight so the Large Laser can be upgraded to an ER Large Laser, from what I can see in differences between the two models' Record Sheets.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    My apologies, I didn't mean to bash. Obviously, whatever Mando says ultimately goes. I just love some 'Mech design talk.

Endo Steel is an either/or thing. ER weapons have the same tonnage and crit requirements as their normal variants, they just generate more heat. All you have to do is procure the ERLL to make the upgrade.
    And I guess so, yeah.... I guess my character might be one of the first people to help ensure the next standarized variant of the Guillotine would be with the ER Large Laser... like an original Pioneer? Or at least, since we are like a year or two from the Variant being officially release, a little bit of ComStar Connections info might have given some clue on good potential upgrade ideas.
    The GLT-5M is literally "3N with an ERLL", but I am mostly trying to avoid "everyone gets 3050 refits" at the moment (and at this point replacement parts will be costly)... and I'm not the biggest fan of most of the IS-spec ER weapons.

I'd like to be as equitable as possible regarding "early access" to recovered LosTech, though, and there's a balance to find between "have a machine that's nice to play with now" and "have something to upgrade to later" without having to rely on winning some fortuitously under-bid batchalls for the latter.
    Still, a PPC is technically better than an ER PPC, overall-speaking since it's less heat, more damage, etc... however I am fairly certain a PPC's weight much higher.
    The IS-spec ER PPC has the same damage, weight, and crit space as the standard PPC, but (like the IS-spec ER lasers) gains increased range in exchange for 50% higher heat generation (rounding up for the IS ER small and medium lasers). I generally personally prefer standard PPCs over the extra heat cost of the IS ERs even with double heat sinks in play, but the range becomes more important the longer-ranged the fight becomes.

Clan versions gain back a lot of the heat efficiency of standard IS lasers by pumping up the damage (and having perfected Double Heat Sinks), and sometimes boost the range (again) on top of that. Because Clan tech cheats.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

PPCs do the same 10 points of damage in the standard and ER varieties. The Clan version deals 15, but those are still a couple years away.

There's some debate on whether or not the extra heat of ER weaponry is worth it. I find the extended range brackets useful often enough to justify themselves. Crucially, the 7 hex short range on ERLLs and PPCs is the closest a C3 spotter can get to an ECM equipped unit and still stay on the network.

EDIT:
    The GLT-5M is literally "3N with an ERLL", but I am mostly trying to avoid "everyone gets 3050 refits" at the moment (and at this point replacement parts will be costly)... and I'm not the biggest fan of most of the IS-spec ER weapons.

I'd like to be as equitable as possible regarding "early access" to recovered LosTech, though, and there's a balance to find between "have a machine that's nice to play with now" and "have something to upgrade to later" without having to rely on winning some fortuitously under-bid batchalls for the latter.
    All I want to do right now is offload half the MG ammo for enough extra armor that AC/10s aren't head choppers.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2020-03-29 at 08:13 PM.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Warhammer 6r modified
    Spoiler
    Show

Mass: 70 tons
    Chassis: Endo Steel
    Power Plant: VOX 280 Fusion
    Cruising Speed: 43 kph
    Maximum Speed: 65 kph
    Advanced Motive: none
    Jump Jets: Standard
    Jump Capacity: 120 meters
    Armor: Standard
    Cockpit: Standard
    Armament:
    Medium Laser
    ER PPC
    ER PPC
    SRM 6
    Manufacturer: Inner Sphere
    Communications System: Standard
    Targeting & Tracking System: Standard
    Equipment Mass
    Internal Structure: Endo Steel 3.5
    Engine: 280 16.0
    Type: Fusion
    Walking MP: 4
    Running MP: 6
    Jumping MP: 4
    Heat Sinks: 20 [40] 10.0
    Gyro: Standard 3.0
    Cockpit: 3.0
    Armor Factor: 166 10.5
    Internal
    Structure Armor
    Value
    Head 3 7
    Center Torso 22 25
    Center Torso (rear) 8
    L/R Torso 15/15 17/17
    L/R Torso (rear) 6/6
    L/R Arms 11/11 17/17
    L/R Legs 15/15 23/23
    Weapons and Ammo Location Crits Tons
    Medium Laser H 1 1.0
    ER PPC LA 3 7.0
    ER PPC RA 3 7.0
    SRM 6 RT 2 3.0
    Ammo (SRM 6) 15 RT 1 1.0

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

In most circumstances, I'd probably take an ERPPC over a regular PPC. The ranges are better, there's no minimum range, and with double heat sinks, the heat curve is usually pretty manageable.

The main thing to remember is just that we're in a transitional period, where new tech is coming out, but it's not standard, and it's deployed only to the very best-equipped units. Even Victor Steiner-Davion's first mech was a standard 3025-tech VTR-9B Victor. And Victor is the crown prince of the AFFC. Sure, his mech was upgraded in 3051 to a 9K. But it shows how the transition to using SLDF technology worked: mostly, they just tried to hot-swap weapons and ferro-fibrous on to existing Age of War-era designs, and hoped that the resulting design would work. In some cases like the Victor, where they swapped out an AC20 with a Gauss Rifle, it did. In most cases, it didn't, and SLDF technology wasn't used correctly until actual SLDF designs or purpose-built machines came into production. But those aren't going to be rolling off the assembly lines consistently for another five to ten years.

But don't worry. I won't leave you out of any requisition requests. And I'll push for the chance for independent owners to trade in their machines for upgraded designs, or at least get access to upgrade kits or salvage if we bring them down. Salvage rights are one of the toughest parts of negotiating any mercenary contract, because it's what merc outfits frequently live or die on. But it's longstanding custom that the people who land the kills typically get first dibs on the equipment, and if it benefits my unit, you can bet your sweet bippy I'll honor that custom.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Warhammer 6r modified
    Spoiler
    Show

Armament:
    Medium Laser
    ER PPC
    ER PPC
    SRM 6
    Equipment Mass
    Internal
    Structure Armor
    Value
    Head 3 7
    Center Torso 22 25
    Center Torso (rear) 8
    L/R Torso 15/15 17/17
    L/R Torso (rear) 6/6
    L/R Arms 11/11 17/17
    L/R Legs 15/15 23/23
    Medium Laser H 1 1.0
    ER PPC LA 3 7.0
    ER PPC RA 3 7.0
    SRM 6 RT 2 3.0
    Ammo (SRM 6) 15 RT 1 1.0
    My calculator says you're at 58/51 criticals. Those heat sinks are taking up huge amounts of room. I would lose 4, adding two more mediums, CASE, and 1.5 tons of armor which brings you down to 49/49 retaining the lower arms. There's no value in alphaing a medium and a six-pack with two ER PPCs. You'll be cycling out one PPC for the lasers and missiles when the fighting gets up close.

You only have 166 armor factor allocated when 10.5 tons gives 168. It's not like you're up against the maximums.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2020-03-29 at 08:23 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

My calculator says you're at 58/51 criticals. Those heat sinks are taking up huge amounts of room. I would lose 4, adding two more mediums, CASE, and 1.5 tons of armor which brings you down to 49/49 retaining the lower arms. There's no value in alphaing a medium and a six-pack with two ER PPCs.

You only have 166 armor factor allocated when 10.5 tons gives 168. It's not like you're up against the maximums.
    the mechlab I used might be flawed - does not mater no reply frm gm so enforcer is probably it.
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-29 at 08:33 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    I see putting that many points into Custom Vehicle as more of "pull out the TechManual and make the whole thing from scratch". As with upgrading the Guillotine to its Star League spec, I see one or two points as a more suitable substitute for a MechWarrior-style customization of an existing design, within (negotiable) reason.

The Fusigon Longtooth is on one of the earlier TRO: 3050 designs (Ronin, Inc starts producing the Warhammer 7M in 3047) and has a "common" production date of 3042 in Interstellar Ops (meaning that all of the Successor States have access to at least one arms manufacturer that can produce PPCs to that spec).

The IS-spec ER PPC has the same damage, weight, and crit space as the standard PPC, but (like the IS-spec ER lasers) gains increased range in exchange for 50% higher heat generation (rounding up for the IS ER small and medium lasers). I generally personally prefer standard PPCs over the extra heat cost of the IS ERs even with double heat sinks in play, but the range becomes more important the longer-ranged the fight becomes.

Clan versions gain back a lot of the heat efficiency of standard IS lasers by pumping up the damage (and having perfected Double Heat Sinks), and sometimes boost the range (again) on top of that. Because Clan tech cheats.
    Ahh I think I should have been detailing it out more in detail. I was talking about a later on goal for my character if her Guillotine manages to survive long enough. I don't want to get a better version than what I rolled for - It was a later in-game thing to have my character look forward to, or at least in some way have an event later on be based around the ability or reward being a refit for the ER Large Laser.
    Otherwise I don't really know what my character'd be looking forward to in terms of potential upgrades.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Youtube Account:Here.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, lets give the GM some time to work and review. As I said, my character sheet shouldn't be up before tomorrow, and given how much jiggering I've done with the numbers, I'm more than likely over points myself.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Jeez... I think I'm getting too much into making a Mech Record Sheet here.... literally done a 'Line' mockup of a mech with Armor value added.... It's not as impressive as it sounds, it's just timeconsuming to line it all up when just reading it

For those that are curious, check page one just below my character Record Sheet.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

EDIT:
    All I want to do right now is offload half the MG ammo for enough extra armor that AC/10s aren't head choppers.
    I'll allow that one for free (the PHX-1 is a little too suicidal with the stock loadout), though full head armor will give the Phoenix Hawk an uneven armor distribution (since the CT is already fully armored and the head only needs 3 more points).
    Warhammer 6r modified
    Spoiler
    Show

Armament:
    Medium Laser
    ER PPC
    ER PPC
    SRM 6
    Equipment Mass
    Internal
    Structure Armor
    Value
    Head 3 7
    Center Torso 22 25
    Center Torso (rear) 8
    L/R Torso 15/15 17/17
    L/R Torso (rear) 6/6
    L/R Arms 11/11 17/17
    L/R Legs 15/15 23/23
    Medium Laser H 1 1.0
    ER PPC LA 3 7.0
    ER PPC RA 3 7.0
    SRM 6 RT 2 3.0
    Ammo (SRM 6) 15 RT 1 1.0
    My calculator says you're at 58/51 criticals. Those heat sinks are taking up huge amounts of room. I would lose 4, adding two more mediums, CASE, and 1.5 tons of armor which brings you down to 49/49 retaining the lower arms. There's no value in alphaing a medium and a six-pack with two ER PPCs. You'll be cycling out one PPC for the lasers and missiles when the fighting gets up close.
    the mechlab I used might be flawed - does not mater no reply frm gm so enforcer is probably it.
    Which version are you using? Current versions of MegaMekLab or Solaris Skunk Werks are both accurate to the Tech Manual (though some rules from Interstellar Ops may not be fully implemented yet), and I'd recommend those over other build tools. An advantage for MegaMekLab is that it has pretty much every official record sheet in its cache, which makes refitting official designs a lot faster than rebuilding them from scratch.

If you want to switch back to the Enforcer character, that's up to you, but I'm still open to working around the Warhammer. Here's some options that I see:
    Spoiler: RandomLunatic's Suggestion
    Show
    Spoiler: Adapted MegaMekLab Output
    Show
    Chassis: Endo Steel Biped
    Power Plant: 280 Fusion
    Cruising Speed: 43.2 kph
    Maximum Speed: 64.8 kph
    Armament:
    2 ER PPC
    3 Medium Laser
    1 SRM 6

Cost: 7,210,833 C-bills

Type: Warhammer
    Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Standard)
    Tonnage: 70
    Battle Value: 1,750

Equipment Mass
    Internal Structure Endo Steel 3.5
    Engine
    280 Fusion 16
    Double Heat Sink 17 [34] 7
    Gyro 3
    Cockpit 3
    Armor Factor 192 12

Internal
    Structure
    Armor
    Value
    Head 3 9
    Center Torso 22 34
    Center Torso (rear) 9
    R/L Torso 15 22
    R/L Torso (rear) 8
    R/L Arm 11 20
    R/L Leg 15 20

Right Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper Arm, Lower Arm
    Left Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper Arm, Lower Arm

Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Heat Tonnage
    2 Jump Jets CT 2 - 2.0
    Medium Laser RT 1 3 1.0
    CASE RT 1 - 0.5
    Double Heat Sink RT 3 - 1.0
    SRM 6 RT 2 4 3.0
    Jump Jet RT 1 - 1.0
    SRM 6 Ammo (15) RT 1 - 1.0
    ER PPC LA 3 15 7.0
    Double Heat Sink LA 3 - 1.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    3 Double Heat Sinks LT 9 - 3.0
    Jump Jet LT 1 - 1.0
    Medium Laser HD 1 3 1.0
    ER PPC RA 3 15 7.0
    Double Heat Sink RA 3 - 1.0
    Spoiler: Notes
    Show
    This one is relatively strong according to its BV2. It's also heat neutral while jumping and firing its PPCs, and can also play the bracket-firing heat-management game close up, dropping one of the PPCs for the more heat-efficient medium lasers and SRM-6.

It's also sporting Endo Steel, Double Heat Sinks, ERPPCs, and CASE, which is pushing the envelope for recovered LosTech in 3047. It seems like a fairly solid design, but doesn't quite match the feel I was hoping for campaign-wise. If you're dead-set on it, it will probably end up as a "hangar queen" if it suffers critical damage early on, and the character's background should reflect its rare, near-experimental setup.

Spoiler: My "DHS-and-done" 6R "fix"
    Show
    Show
    Chassis: Standard Biped
    Armament:
    2 Small Laser
    2 PPC
    2 Medium Laser
    2 Machine Gun
    1 SRM 6

Cost: 6,331,933 C-bills

Battle Value: 1,540

Equipment Mass
    Internal Structure 7
    Engine
    Jumping MP: 0
    280 Fusion 16
    Double Heat Sink 15 [30] 5
    Gyro 3
    Cockpit 3
    Armor Factor 208 13

Location Internal
    Structure
    Armor
    Value
    Head 3 9
    Center Torso 22 34
    Center Torso (rear) 9
    R/L Torso 15 22
    R/L Torso (rear) 8
    R/L Arm 11 22
    R/L Leg 15 26

Small Laser RT 1 1 0.5
    Medium Laser RT 1 3 1.0
    Half Machine Gun Ammo (100) RT 1 - 0.5
    Machine Gun RT 1 0 0.5
    CASE RT 1 - 0.5
    Double Heat Sink RT 3 - 1.0
    SRM 6 RT 2 4 3.0
    PPC LA 3 10 7.0
    Small Laser LT 1 1 0.5
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    Machine Gun LT 1 0 0.5
    Double Heat Sink LT 3 - 1.0
    PPC RA 3 10 7.0
    Show
    This is a relatively simple "fix" to the Warhammer 6R that I had suggested earlier. No frills, no weapon replacements, just 15 double heat sinks, CASE, and only a half-ton of MG ammo. Weight savings are put into armor. Alternatively you could drop the CASE and split one more half-ton of armor between the two legs, but protecting the engine from ammo explosions is usually going to be more important. The 6Rk mentioned in Era Report: 2750 is probably configured like this (except apparently with a full ton of MG ammo instead of a half-lot and CASE, and a 350 XL engine instead of a 280 standard, both of which can cause issues in a campaign).

This one is built as an easy-to-manage brawler, only building 2 points of heat while running at 4-9 hex range. It also keeps the small lasers and MGs for close targets and infantry, with both the close-in weapons and PPCs firing at +2 at 2 hexes.

Spoiler: Alternate "Jumphammer" Configuration
    Show
    Show
    Armament:
    2 ER PPC
    1 Medium Laser
    1 SRM 6

Cost: 6,823,233 C-bills

Battle Value: 1,573

Equipment Mass
    Internal Structure 7
    Engine
    280 Fusion 16
    Double Heat Sink 18 [36] 8
    Gyro 3
    Cockpit 3
    Armor Factor 160 10

Location Internal
    Structure
    Armor
    Value
    Head 3 9
    Center Torso 22 22
    Center Torso (rear) 9
    R/L Torso 15 17
    R/L Torso (rear) 8
    R/L Arm 11 20
    R/L Leg 15 15

2 Jump Jets CT 2 - 2.0
    2 Double Heat Sinks RT 6 - 2.0
    SRM 6 RT 2 4 3.0
    Jump Jet RT 1 - 1.0
    ER PPC LA 3 15 7.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    3 Double Heat Sinks LT 9 - 3.0
    Jump Jet LT 1 - 1.0
    ER PPC RA 3 15 7.0
    Show
    This is the variant that I thought I had signed off on before. It doesn't have any extra armor or much in the way of close-in weapons, so it feels like a jumping 6K with extra range and fewer lasers.

Spoiler: Minor Options
    Show
    Besides these three, there's options like simply switching to a half-lot of MG ammo and CASE, swapping the SRM-6 with a pair of Streak SRM-2s, dropping the small lasers and MGs for a pair of small pulse lasers, using one of the other standard Succession Wars era variants (6D, 6K, 6L), etc.

They're simpler than the DHS swaps above, but I gathered that they generally weren't favored.

Jeez... I think I'm getting too much into making a Mech Record Sheet here.... literally done a 'Line' mockup of a mech with Armor value added.... It's not as impressive as it sounds, it's just timeconsuming to line it all up when just reading it

For those that are curious, check page one just below my character Record Sheet.
    Use a monospace font (like Courier New) to get things to line up more easily. (Or learn the table code, which will line things up automatically when built correctly)
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2020-03-30 at 02:50 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thing is, I suck at any level of coding or table-setup, so I have done it the way I have now, and it seem to have worked... and it looks somewhat 'pretty' as well.
    just need To implement a Crit Table and I should be done.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I'm pretty impressed. I just went with the HTAL readouts I keep on the back of my record sheets for enemy 'Mechs.

I'll allow that one for free (the PHX-1 is a little too suicidal with the stock loadout), though full head armor will give the Phoenix Hawk an uneven armor distribution (since the CT is already fully armored and the head only needs 3 more points).
    Whoo! Thanks again!

99% of the time, 8 points of head armor is indistinguishable from 9. My PXH-1+ (I'm sure everybody has their own version of this refit) is two head armor, one on each arm, two on each leg.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Which version are you using? Current versions of MegaMekLab or Solaris Skunk Werks
    Neither I am not able to get either of those to work.

I present a modification of your "6R Fix"
    Spoiler: option
    Show

Warhammer 6R Mod "Fix"
    Armament:
    1 Small Laser
    2 PPC
    4 Medium Laser
    1 SRM 6

Equipment Mass
    Internal Structure 7
    Engine
    280 Fusion 16
    Gyro 3
    Cockpit 3
    Armor Factor 208 13

Location Internal
    Structure Armor
    Value
    Head 3 9
    Center Torso 22 34
    Center Torso (rear) 9
    R/L Torso 15 22
    R/L Torso (rear) 8
    R/L Arm 11 22
    R/L Leg 15 26

Small Laser H 1 1 0.5
    Medium Laser RT 1 3 1.0
    CASE RT 1 - 0.5
    Double HeatSink RT 3 - 1.0
    SRM 6 RT 2 4 3.0
    PPC LA 3 10 7.0
    Double HeatSink LA 3 - 1.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    Double HeatSink LT 3 - 1.0
    PPC RA 3 10 7.0
    Double HeatSink RA 3 - 1.0

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm pretty impressed. I just went with the HTAL readouts I keep on the back of my record sheets for enemy 'Mechs.

Whoo! Thanks again!

99% of the time, 8 points of head armor is indistinguishable from 9. My PXH-1+ (I'm sure everybody has their own version of this refit) is two head armor, one on each arm, two on each leg.
    Oh? Well it was like 5 hours of constant editing, re-editing, new ideas added, small things removed... rebalancing of the lines.

But is it really that impressive?
    Time-consuming, yeah. Entertaining to see the idea develop, oh heck yeah! but.... well it's just a mockup schematic of a mech with the locations named in and the Armor/integrity numbers added in as well.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Show

Warhammer 6R Mod "Fix"
    Armament:
    1 Small Laser
    2 PPC
    4 Medium Laser
    1 SRM 6

Equipment Mass
    Internal Structure 7
    Engine
    280 Fusion 16
    Gyro 3
    Cockpit 3
    Armor Factor 208 13

Location Internal
    Structure Armor
    Value
    Head 3 9
    Center Torso 22 34
    Center Torso (rear) 9
    R/L Torso 15 22
    R/L Torso (rear) 8
    R/L Arm 11 22
    R/L Leg 15 26

Small Laser H 1 1 0.5
    Medium Laser RT 1 3 1.0
    CASE RT 1 - 0.5
    SRM 6 RT 2 4 3.0
    PPC LA 3 10 7.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    PPC RA 3 10 7.0
    That's honestly the kind of 3050 Upgrade I'd have liked to see more of. Nothing flashy, because most of the unseen generally, and the Warhammer in particular, don't need flash. They're solid, dependable designs, so all you really need is to build on that strength. About the only constructive critique I'd offer (which I say just to note, not drive you bonkers) is that this design screams for a matched pair of ERPPCs. At range, 30 heat dissipation will offer you the same firing pattern you'd see in the Succession Wars: 2, 2, 1 at range. And at close range, you simply swap out one ERPPC for the short-range battery, which with four medium lasers and an SRM, is impressive.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Oh? Well it was like 5 hours of constant editing, re-editing, new ideas added, small things removed... rebalancing of the lines.

But is it really that impressive?
    Time-consuming, yeah. Entertaining to see the idea develop, oh heck yeah! but.... well it's just a mockup schematic of a mech with the locations named in and the Armor/integrity numbers added in as well.
    I was impressed by the effort you spent on it. It's a surprising good facsimile of the record sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by McStabbington View Post
    That's honestly the kind of 3050 Upgrade I'd have liked to see more of. Nothing flashy, because most of the unseen generally, and the Warhammer in particular, don't need flash. They're solid, dependable designs, so all you really need is to build on that strength. About the only constructive critique I'd offer (which I say just to note, not drive you bonkers) is that this design screams for a matched pair of ERPPCs. At range, 30 heat dissipation will offer you the same firing pattern you'd see in the Succession Wars: 2, 2, 1 at range. And at close range, you simply swap out one ERPPC for the short-range battery, which with four medium lasers and an SRM, is impressive.
    You can swap in ER PPCs as they become available. Nobody else has them in great numbers, so you're not going to be getting out ranged a lot like when they're more prevalent.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2020-03-30 at 04:13 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I was impressed by the effort you spent on it. It's a surprising good facsimile of the record sheet.

You can swap in ER PPCs as they become available. Nobody else has them in great numbers, so you're not going to be getting out ranged a lot like when they're more prevalent.
    We just need to take down some clanner scum and salvage their mechs for potential uses or at least selling it off for better overall Merc Company gear, or even better IS-available mechs.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Show

Warhammer 6R Mod "Fix"
    Armament:
    1 Small Laser
    2 PPC
    4 Medium Laser
    1 SRM 6

Equipment Mass
    Internal Structure 7
    Engine
    280 Fusion 16
    Gyro 3
    Cockpit 3
    Armor Factor 208 13

Location Internal
    Structure Armor
    Value
    Head 3 9
    Center Torso 22 34
    Center Torso (rear) 9
    R/L Torso 15 22
    R/L Torso (rear) 8
    R/L Arm 11 22
    R/L Leg 15 26

Small Laser H 1 1 0.5
    Medium Laser RT 1 3 1.0
    CASE RT 1 - 0.5
    SRM 6 RT 2 4 3.0
    PPC LA 3 10 7.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    PPC RA 3 10 7.0
    I just had a thought. I don't know how married you are to making it jump, but trading out two sinks and a laser will get you three jets, which is usually enough. It makes the future ER PPC upgrade harder, but you can get one sink back by switching to FFA.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

look thanks for the input, input I did not request, or ask for. the unit jump jets are 4 with 120 meter ability, the weapon system is a compromise. now leave any future comment to the GM to discuss with me.
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-30 at 09:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I haven't purchased gear yet, but here is (or at least, should be after edits) the basic character sheet for GM review:

Ensign John "Jack" McKenzie

Character Recordsheet
    Spoiler: Personal Data
    Show

Name: John "Jack" McKenzie
    Affiliation: Magistracy of Canopus (nominal)
    Extra:

Height: 6'
    Weight: 180
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Blue

Spoiler: Attributes
    Show

Strength
    Score: 2
    Link: -1

Body
    Score: 4
    Link: 0

Reflex

Dexterity

Intelligence

Willpower
    Score: 5

Charisma

Edge
    Score: 1
    Link: -2

Spoiler: Traits (Personal)
    Show

Custom Vehicle: (1)

Dependent: (1) Wife

Enemy: (7)

Equipped: (2) Tech Level D, Availability C, Legality C

Fast Learner: (3)

Glass Jaw: (3)

Vehicle: (4) Medium mech

Wealth: (5) 50,000 C-Bills

Spoiler: Skills
    Show

Acrobatics/Freefall RFL/7/SB/+1

Acting CHA/8/CB/+0

Administration INT+WILL/8/SA/+2

Appraisal INT/8/SB/+0

Art/Violin DEX/8/CB/+0

Career/Soldier INT/7/SB/+2

Computers INT/8/CB/+1

Demolitions DEX+INT/9/CA/+1

Gunnery/’Mech RFL+DEX/8/SA/+3

Interest/Literature INT/8/CB/+0

Interest/Mil History INT/8/CB/+2

Interest/Solaris 7 INT/8/CB/+0

Language/English INT+CHA/8/SA/+3

Language/Romanian INT+CHA/8/SA/+0

Language/Spanish INT+CHA/8/SA/+1

Language/Urdu INT+CHA/8/SA/+0

Leadership WIL+CHA/8/SA/+3

Martial Arts RFL/7/SB/+2

MedTech/General INT/7/SB/+3

Melee Weapons DEX/7/SB/+2

Navigation/Ground INT/7/SB/+1

Perception INT/7/SB/+0

Piloting/’Mech RFL+DEX/8/SA/+4

Protocol/LyrCom CHA+WIL/9/CA/+3

Protocol/Magistracy CHA+WIL/9/CA/+2

Running RFL/7/SB/+1

Sensor Operations INT+WIL/8/SA/+2

Small Arms DEX/7/SB/+3

Stealth RFL+INT/8/SA/+1

Strategy INT+WIL/9/CA/+1

Streetwise/Mag CHA/8/CB/+0

Survival/Woods BOD+INT/9/CA/+1

Swimming STR/7/SB/+1

Tactics/Land INT+WIL/9/CA/+2

Technician/Mech INT+DEX/9/CA/+1

Tracking/Urban INT+WIL/8/SA/+1

Training INT+CHA/9/CA/+1

Spoiler: Combat Data
    Show

Condition Monitor
    Standard Damage:
    Fatigue Damage:
    Stun: No
    Unconscious: No

--------------------
    Movement (Meters per Turn)
    Walk:6
    Run/Evade: 17
    Sprint:34
    Climb:3
    Crawl:2
    Swim:7

--------------------
    Personal Armor (Location)
    Main...(Torso)
    Armor Type:
    BAR (M/B/E/X): 0/0/0/0

--------------------
    Weapon
    Martial Arts
    Skill:
    AP/DP: /
    Range: Melee
    Ammo: N/A
    Notes:
    --------------------
    Weapon

Spoiler: Biography
    Show

Life Modules

0/Affiliation:

Periphery/Magistracy of Canopus

1/Early Childhood:
    Nobility

2/Late Childhood:
    Military School

3/Higher Education:
    Military Academy
    OCS

Spoiler: Inventory
    Show

Issued Gear:

Personal Gear:

Spoiler: Vehicle Data
    Show

Vehicle Model/Name:
    Vehicle Type: Battlemech WVR-6R Wolverine
    Vehicle Mass: 55
    Vehicle Traits:

Notes

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

Backstory

John "Jack" McKenzie is the third child, and only son, of Natasha McKenzie and Aaron Centralla, Baroness of Cybele (the larger of the two moons orbiting Canopus IV), and current CEO of Athena Aerospace Consolidated, the largest shipping and supply company currently operating in the Magistracy of Canopus. The McKenzies themselves trace their lineage back to Danai McKenzie, who served as a company commander in the Black Brotherhood, the unit that chose exile into the Periphery under the leadership of Kossandra Centrella. McKenzie, as someone who descends in straight matriarchal line from the eldest child of Danai, is therefore considered high nobility among the Magistracy.

The McKenzies, despite the traditional backstabbing reputation of nobility, are a close-knit and loving family. As the third child and a son in a matriarchal society, however, Jack's position was never secure, nor was he ever expected to take over operations of Athena Aerospace; the duty falling to his elder sisters Danica and Melissa. Fortunately, Jack possessed a martial bent from an early age, and hoped to boost his family's fortunes by serving within the Magistracy Armed Forces. To that end, his mother Natasha spared no expense in providing for her son, even managing to purchase a coveted spot at the prestigious Nagelring Academy on Tharkad in the Lyran half of the Federated Commonwealth. Jack McKenzie excelled as was typical, graduating second in his class of 3047.

Unfortunately, the MAF selection committee blacklisted Jack McKenzie from joining, on the basis of the long-standing feud between the McKenzies and the D'Angonias, the ruling family of Luxen. In this case, Col. Ashley D’Angonia was the head of the review board tasked with selecting applicants, and Jack McKenzie’s application to purchase a rank of Commander, or even Ensign, was rejected by the committee for lack of experience and unexplained concerns regarding discipline while attending the Nagelring.

As such, Jack McKenzie found himself heading to Outreach, hoping to sign on with a reputable mercenary outfit. Per his familial obligations, he detoured only to head to New Avalon, where he entered into an arranged marriage with his young wife Sarah Mambalay, current heir to New Abilene. Insofar as Sarah is only 19, has younger sisters, and her mother is still in her early forties, Jack’s tour of duties are deemed not to interfere in his obligations as consort of the future Countess of New Abilene. Sarah Mambalay currently attends the New Avalon Institute of Science, as a pre-med/English literature dual major. Jack himself has begun accumulating a collection of books, in hopes of being able to speak conversantly with his wife regarding her interests.

Spoiler: Battlemech Record Sheet
    Show

Spoiler: 'Mech Data
    Show

Source: 3025 Technical Readout
    Type: WVR-6R Wolverine
    Tech Base: Inner Sphere/3025
    Config: Biped Battlemech
    Rules: Level 1, Standard Design

Mass: 55 tons
    Chassis: Crucis-A Standard
    Power Plant: 275 Core Tek Fusion
    Walking Speed: 54.0 km/h
    Maximum Speed: 86.4 km/h
    Jump Jets: 5 Northrup 12000 Standard Jump Jets
    Jump Capacity: 150 meters
    Armor Type: Maximillian 60 Standard

Armament::
    1 GM Whirlwind Autocannon/5
    1 Harpoon-6 SRM 6
    1 Magna Mk II Medium Laser
    Manufacturer: Kallon Industries
    Communications System: Tek BattleCom
    Targeting and Tracking System: Garret T11b
    Cost & Value
    Cost: 4,827,681 C-Bills
    Battle Value: 957
    Cost per BV: 5,044.6
    Weapon Value: 608/608 (Ratio= .64/.64)

Spoiler: Overview
    Show

The Kallon Industries' Wolverine represents a relatively successful attempt to marry speed with striking power. A comparatively fast 'Mech capable of taking considerable damage while remaining operational, the Wolverine now serves in Successor State medium and recon lances. Its long and impressive history spans both the Star League and the era of the Succession Wars.

Spoiler: Capabilities
    Show

The Wolverine's Crucis-A chassis is both light and durable, and the 'Mech is also equipped with medium Maximilian-60 armor. Early Wolverines were armed with only the Whirlwind autocannon and a single medium laser. The Harpoon 6-rack SRM launcher was later added to increase the 'Mech's firepower at close range.

Originally intended to provide a full 360-degree firing arc, the ball-turret mounting of the Magna medium laser cannon is noteworthy. The weapon's traverse became restricted, however, when the shoulder-mounted Harpoon and the Tek BattleCom electronics blister were later added on. A fire-interrupt circuit also had to be added to prevent MechWarriors from damaging their own vehicles.

The Wolverine is one of the heaviest 'Mechs to carry jump jets, and the Northrup 12000 engines must labor considerably to lift the 55-ton vehicle into the air. The jump jets are thus prone to breakdown, forcing House Kurita, for example, to scrap the jets altogether.

The Wolverine's value as a command vehicle is enhanced by its Tek BattleCom system, a unit also used to good effect by the Orguss Phoenix Hawk. Well-shielded and with a multi-channel transmitter and receiver, the Tek comgear is an important facet of the Wolverine's success as a recon 'Mech.

As a fast, medium recon vehicle, the Wolverine does not have impressive armor, which is as it should be. In combination with the medium laser and SRM launcher, the Whirlwind autocannon provides firepower adequate to allow the Wolverine to cover its own retreat or to support the advance or retreat of other 'Mechs. Despite its originally limited role, the Wolverine has proved to be a versatile BattleMech, suited to many different tasks.

Spoiler: Weapons & Equipment Inventory
    Show

Internal Structure
    Mass: 5.5
    Notes: 91 points standard

Engine
    Loc: CT
    Crits: 6
    Mass: 15.5

12 Single Heat Sinks
    Loc: 1 RT/11 Integral to Engine
    Crits: 1
    Mass: 2

Gyro
    Loc: CT
    Crits: 4
    Mass: 3

Cockpit, Life Support, Sensors
    Loc: H
    Crits: 5

Actuators
    Loc:

LA: S, UA, LA, H
    RA: S, UA, LA, H
    LL: H, UL, LL, F
    RL: H, UL, LL, F

Crits: 16
    Mass: 0/Integral to IS tonnage

Armor Factor
    Loc: All
    Crits: 0
    Mass: 9.5

152 points Standard

IS/Armor Table

IS Armor
    HD: 3 8
    CT: 18 20
    CT(R): 8
    L/RT: 13 20
    L/RT(R): 6
    L/RA: 9 16
    L/RL: 13 16

Weapons:

1 Autocannon/5
    Loc: RA
    Ht: 1
    Ammo: 20
    Mass: 8.00
    Dmg: 5
    Dmg Type: Ballistic (Direct Fire)
    Min Range: 3
    Sht Range: 1-6
    Med Range: 7-12
    Long Range: 13-18
    Ammo Location: 1 RA
    -----------------------------
    1 SRM 6
    Loc: LT
    Ht: 4
    Ammo: 15
    Crits: 2
    Dmg: 2/missile
    Dmg Type: Missile
    Min Range: 0
    Sht Range: 1-3
    Med Range: 4-6
    Long Range: 7-9
    Ammo Location: 1 LT
    Medium Laser
    Loc: Head
    Ht: 3
    Ammo: --
    Mass: 1
    Dmg Type: Energy (Direct Fire)
    5 Standard Jump Jets:
    Mass: 2.5
    Jump Jet Loc: 1 CT, 2 LL, 2 RL

Totals:
    Heat: 8
    Crits: 46
    Mass: 55
    Crits Left: 32
    Tons Left: 0

Spoiler: Warrior Data
    Show

Pilot Name: John “Jack” McKenzie
    Gunnery Skill: 5
    Piloting Skill: 4

Hits Taken: 0

Hits Taken Value: 0/1/2/3/4/5/6
    Conciousness#: 3/5/7/10/11/Dead

Spoiler: Heat Data
    Show

Single Heat Sinks:

Heat Overflow:
    Heat Scale: 0/30

Current Overheat Effects
    *insert effects from below here*

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    Heat Level ---- Effects ----

___30___ Shutdown
    ___28___ Ammo Exp, avoid on 8+
    ___26___ Shutdown, avoid on 10+
    ___25___ -5 Movement Points
    ___24___ +4 Modifier to Fire
    ___23___ Ammo Exp, avoid on 6+
    ___22___ Shutdown, avoid on 8+
    ___20___ -4 Movement Points
    ___19___ Ammo Exp, avoid on 4+
    ___18___ Shutdown, avoid on 6+
    ___17___ +3 Modifier to Fire
    ___15___ -3 Movement Points
    ___14___ Shutdown, avoid on 4+
    ___13___ +2 Modifier to Fire
    ___10___ -2 Movement Points
    ____8___ +1 Modifier to Fire
    ____5___ -1 Movement Points

Last edited by McStabbington; 2020-03-31 at 06:52 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Character Recordsheet
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

Name: Nikita 'Fury' Lowel
    Affiliation: ComStar
    Extra: Born in the Lyrian Commonwealth, on Grumium (technically Grumium was part of the Draconis Combine when Nikita was born, Pre-Lyran conquest of the planet) in the Tamar Pact, although the Planet was given over to the FRR in the year 3040.
    XP: 2

Height: 155 cm.
    Weight: 55 kg.
    Hair Color: Lightly Curling Shoulder-Length Blonde Hair.
    Eye Color: Stark, Clear Icey-Blue Eyes.

Damage: 0/9 (BOD x3)
    Fatigue: 0/12 (WIL x3)

Show

Strength
    Score: 3
    XP: +300

Body

Reflex
    Link: +0
    XP: +500

Dexterity
    XP: +400

Intelligence

Willpower
    XP: +500

Charisma

Edge
    XP: +200

Show

Attractive
    Nikita is quite the striking girl, if you're into girls with lightly curling blonde hair and strikingly blue eyes, as well as a healthy body physique and just slightly shorter than the average person.
    Gameplay-wise, this means the character receives a +2 modifier to Skill and Attribute Checks where the characters CHA Attribute is a factor, if the subject of the roll is attracted to the characters gender. If the subject is not normally attracted to the characters gender, a +1 modifier applies, to refl ect the disarming charm produced by the characters comeliness.
    Trait Points: +2
    Page Reference: 108-109

Bloodmark (Nikita Lowel)
    Nikita's had a Bloodmark put on her by Jon Kincaid after she nearly killed him on Solaris VII. Luckily, it'd seem Jon thinks a low level contract on her is gonna be enough to deal with her. So far it hasn't, and only smalltime Bounty Hunters even want to take up such a low-paying job.
    Trait Points: -2
    Page Reference: 109
    XP: -200

Compulsion/Hatred of Draconis Combine - Serious
    Nikita has a deepseated hate for the Draconis Combine and their faux noble-warrior bullcrap. It was a young Mech Lance-Commander from the Combine that went heavy-handed on civilians that was actual members of the Combine (albeit supporters in planet-location only). This has caused a Hatred towards the Draconis Combine that she does not wish to give away - They killed her entire family after all.
    She isn't at the level of overt violence again any Draconis Combine citizen or anything like that of course, but she does not like anyone associated with the Combine, what so ever.
    Gameplay-wise, this means that when the compulsion is triggered (either situational, or if it's an addiction, it will normally trigger if the character haven't had access to the addicted substance for more than 24 hours), a WIL Attribute roll is required to resist the negative effects of the compulsion (suffering a -3 modifier to all rolls until the cause for the compulsion is either gone, or if it's an addiction, that the addictive need is fulfilled). The roll is done at -2 modifier.
    Page Reference: 110-111

Compulsion/Pro-Steiner - Personal Quirk
    Nikita is a Pro-Steiner all the way and sees any Davion-supporters on Lyran Planets as traitors, although not to the point of violence what so ever. She is a Pro-steiner supporter, not a Davion Hater. She just doesn't think she is a Steiner-Davion gal and being associated with House Davion by mistake really rubs her the wrong way.
    Gameplay-wise, this means that when the compulsion is triggered (either situational, or if it's an addiction, it will normally trigger if the character haven't had access to the addicted substance for more than 24 hours), a WIL Attribute roll is required to resist the negative effects of the compulsion (suffering a -1 modifier to all rolls until the cause for the compulsion is either gone, or if it's an addiction, that the addictive need is fulfilled). The roll is done at +0 modifier.
    Trait Points: -1
    XP: -100

Compulsion/Sleeping Aid Need - Serious Addiction (Used to help sleep)
    Nikita has developed a dependency of taking Sleeping Aids a few times a week (on average) to help deal with her troubles with sleeping soundly. It's neccessary for her to take them when she got one of her episodes of waking up in a cold sweat, on the verge of tears, possibly screaming in terror. She prefers to avoid having to take them unless there's an actual issue, but this also leads to her to sometimes taking heavier doses when the actual nightmares hit and wakes her up screaming.
    Gameplay-wise, this means that when the compulsion is triggered (either situational, or if it's an addiction, it will normally trigger if the character haven't had access to the addicted substance for more than 24 hours), a WIL Attribute roll is required to resist the negative effects of the compulsion (suffering a -3 modifier to all rolls until the cause for the compulsion is either gone, or if it's an addiction, that the addictive need is fulfilled). The roll is done at a -2 modifier.

Compulsion/Traumatic Memories - Serious
    At the age of 5 and a half years of age, Nikita's whole familyline (as far as she knows) was wiped out by that bastard Jon Kincaid (or at least upon his orders) as his lance attacked the part of a city she and her whole family and their Corporate-business was located. This has left a harsh scar on her psyche, usually causing issues with sleeping peacefully unless she is heavily drugged on Sleeping Aid Pills. Over the years she has managed to slowly lessen her nightterrors of those childhood events with a mix of actually finding and beating up Jon Kincaid himself in mech-battle on Solaris VII (sadly without ending up also killing him), as well as the fact she steeled her mind and went through both military school and from there was taken in by ComStar to study at the Sandhurst Royal Military College on Terra. All of this conditioning and small moments of revenge she'd had, has at least ensured she haven't had to be locked off in a psych-ward from total psychosis due to the nightmares.
    Gameplay-wise, this means that when the compulsion is triggered (either situational, or if it's an addiction, it will normally trigger if the character haven't had access to the addicted substance for more than 24 hours), a WIL Attribute roll is required to resist the negative effects of the compulsion (suffering a -3 modifier to all rolls until the cause for the compulsion is either gone, or if it's an addiction, that the addictive need is fulfilled). The roll is done at -2 modifier.
    Trait Points: -1
    XP: -100

Connections (ComStar)
    Being a member, trained and more or less raised by, ComStar, Nikita has of course developed a stable, good report with different elements of ComStar. She knows the right ways to get into contact with just the right people.
    Gameplay-wise, this means that the character can attempt to a Connections Roll (specific skill will vary depending on the situation and the specific type of aid seeked through the connection) with a -1 modifier. If successful, depending on the type of need the character is seeking aid for (Info, Wealth, Equip, People, etc.) the GM may give access to certain levels of support to the character, depending on the type of aid that was seeked through the connections the character has. More info can be found on Pages 111-112.
    Page Reference: 111-112

Custom Vehicle
    Nikita had to ditch out on her Solaris VII life after her last mech was damaged beyond reasonable repair, ending up taking the offer to join a Mercenary Company - And getting to pilot a Griffin 1N to boot, a Classic Lyran machine just 10 years prior.
    Page Reference: 112

Enemy (Jon Kincaid - Former Solaris Gladiator, Currently Mechwarrior Merc)
    Jon Kincaid, a former young Lance Commander for the Draconis Combine (born and raised there). He was part of the wars raging in the Tamar Pact when the Lyran Commonwealth pushed out the Draconis Combine and took over control of those worlds (back when the 4th Succession War began in 3028, which would all later get delivered over to the Free Rasalhague Republic after the Ronin Wars).
    Jon Kincaid was (and is) not a good person. He wanted to do a scorched earth tactic (which was given full support by the Draconis Military Command) when retreating back as the Lyran forces pushed in over Grumium, destroying and killing civilians in every small city or town his Lance went past on the planet. One of those was the City where Nikita was from and a massive PPC+LRM assault at the Lowel Corporate section of the city leveled all of the buildings there, killing (as far as Nikita knows) every single family member of the Lowel Family with the exception of Nikita who was just a mere 7 of years of age when it happened.
    After those events, Jon was eventually discharged from military duty and ended up on Solaris VII where he eventually got beaten in Mech Combat by Nikita herself, almost 20 years later (making Kincaid at that time around 40 years of age)! Sadly, he did survive and fled to end up joining a Merc Company as a mechwarrior. What company that is, Nikita sadly does not know since she lost the lead on Jon after Solaris VII (which has been 4 years since she won against him in the Mech Fighting Arenas).
    Gameplay-wise, this is a full NPC that depending on the trait point value, will have a certain level of clout, experience and overall danger-level to the Player Character. Full info on this is found on page 113 and 115-116. Beyond that, it's up to the GM to choose deeper, more specific details with regards to the Enemy.
    Trait Points: -3
    Page Reference: 113, 115-116
    XP: -300

Equipped (Nikita Lowel)
    A character with the Equipped Trait has less (or more) restricted access to certain equipment during character creation. Though this Trait is primarily used during character creation, the gamemaster may use this level of equipment access throughout game play as long as the character also has a Connections Trait of equal score. This option allows the character to access the level of gear represented by this Trait in game play, by identifying the related connections as the characters access to an exclusive supplier.
    The Equipped Table outlines the characters level of equipment access based on the Traits TP score, refl ecting the maximum equipment ratings to which a character may have access when purchasing equipment in terms of Tech Level, Availability and Legality (see Equipment, starting on p. 254, for more information on these codes).
    The Equipped Trait cannot be used to obtain items covered by the Vehicle Trait (see p. 128). However, personal vehicles and support vehicles may be obtained through this Trait.
    In Accordance of Trait Point value, Nikita will have access to 'Tech Level E', 'Availability D' and 'Legality D'.
    Trait Points: +4
    Page Reference: 116

Fast Learner
    Although not of superior intellect or anything like that, Nikita is a very fast learner, able to take theory to practice much easier and faster than others. It's why she happened to enter Military School at an earlier age than most and thus also graduate earlier.
    Gameplay-wise, this means it requires 20% less XP to level up a skill. This will have effect both during character creation and Skill Advancement later on during gameplay. Advancement Table will be 16/24/40/64/96/136 (0/1/2/3/4/5, etc.).
    Trait Points: +3
    Page Reference: 117

Fit
    Nikita was always a healthy, fit child, blessed with a strong metabolism, which has lead her to also quite enjoy a nice healthy run and, after military school, gave her a level of comfort in doing all forms of exercise to stay in shape.
    Gameplay-wise, this confers a +1 roll modifier to any Attribute Check against the characters BOD or STR scores (but not to Skill Checks involving those as Linked Attributes). The Fit Trait also halves the characters Fatigue (rounding down) from strenuous activity such as running, sprinting or lifting heavy objects (see Fatigue, p. 189). Finally, characters with this Trait recover an additional 2 points of Fatigue per turn.
    Page Reference: 117

Handicap (Strong Seafood Allergy)
    Nikita is allergic to all forms of Seafood (Shrimp, Crab, Scallops, Octopus, Fish, etc.) and gets quite ill from eating anything with such items in it, ranging from just very queasy, to full on swelling of her esophagus, causing trouble breathing.
    Gameplay-wise this means that Nikita will suffer a -3 to all rolls when her Allergy Handicap is triggered, and will last until sufficient time or (if needed), medical aid has been provided to help deal with the Allergic reaction.
    Page Reference: 118-119

In For Life (ComStar - Nikita Lowel)
    Being more or less surrogate-raised from Military School (at least indirectly at first) by ComStar, and later on being inducted into the Order itself when taken to Terra itself to study at the Sandhurst Royal Military Academy - It would all of course end up requiring a lifetime commitment to ComStar, a Commitment which she has taken to heart wholeheartedly.
    Gameplay-wise, this means an organization or individual for whom the character is In For Life may call upon the character for favors, fullblown missions or even a fi nal resolution of his life debt at any timeeven one detrimental to the character. The character must obey these missives for as long as the master organization or individual considers him so beholden, but unlike a connection, such masters may off er the character little in return and may even be unlikely to off er aid or resources for such missions. Neverthelessgame play, an organization or individual for whom the character is In For Life may call upon the character for favors, fullblown missions or even a fi nal resolution of his life debt at any timeeven one detrimental to the character. The character must obey these missives for as long as the master organization or individual considers him so beholden, but unlike a connection, such masters may off er the character little in return and may even be unlikely to off er aid or resources for such missions. Nevertheless a characters failure to uphold such an obligation could transform the master into an enemy, and could even result in a Bloodmark (see Bloodmark Trait, p. 109) against the character if the master has the resources and inclination to do so.
    Trait Points: -3
    Page Reference: 120-121
    XP: -300

Phenotype (Normal Human)
    Technically, all characters receive a phenotype upon creation, but unless the character in question is a Clan trueborn, the only option available in A Time of War is defined simply as normal human. Trueborn Clansmen, however, have been eugenically bred toward other phenotypes as well, and must select the Aerospace, Elemental or MechWarrior phenotypes for their characters. This Phenotype Trait has no TP score, but all characters must possess one and only one phenotype. If a character has no Phenotype Trait assigned, he or she is presumed to be a normal human. Max stats for Normal Human are noted below.
    Str (8), BOD (8), DEX (8), RFL (8), INT (8), WIL (8), CHA (9), EDG (9).
    Trait Points: +0
    Page Reference: 121-122
    XP: +0

Rank (Officer E3 - Mechwarrior)
    Nikita Has Served at the Sandhurst Royal Military Academy, as well as done a full ComStar Service tour, which has all in all given her a full rank of Mechwarrior on a Non-comissioned Officer Basis. This has carried over to the Merc Company she's recently been hired into.
    Any ingame effects from this trait is wholely at the purview of the GM if any modifiers would be added to a roll if the Rank is relevant in any way, etc.
    Trait Points: +3
    Page Reference: 123-124

Reputation (Nikita Lowel - Solaris VII Gladiator)
    Nikita, wanted or not, has earned herself a positive reputation through her time as a Solaris VII Battlemech Gladiator, especially with how she had won a surprise 'Mech instead of taking the normal salvage rights - A full on Star League Era Heavy Mech! A full on Guillotine GLT-3N! And it was just a few weeks after that, that she got hired by a Merc Company.
    Gameplay-wise, this means that Nikita receives a +1 roll modifier to all Negotiation, Protocol and Streetwise Action Checks if the TP
    score for this Trait is positive, or a 1 roll modifier to the same Action Checks if the TP score is negative. Reputation scores above or below 0 also impose a 2 roll modifier to Disguise Action Checksregardless of whether the Traits TP score is positive or negativeas the characters face is well known in the region where his Reputation applies. A +2 modifier also applies to any rolls made by characters investigating or researching the famous or infamous characters background for Dark Secrets or Alternate IDs (see Alternate ID, p. 108 and Dark Secret, p. 112, respectively).
    Trait Points: +1
    Page Reference: 124-125
    XP: +100

Vehicle
    Nikita has become the proud pilot of a Griffin 1N after joining the Merc Company she recently accepted a contract with. She is however, not the owner of it.
    Trait Points: +4
    Page Reference: 128-129

Wealth
    Time and work done both for ComStar as well as a Solaris VII Gladiator has allowed Nikita so save up a pretty collection of C-bills over the Years, leaving her with enough money to gear herself up before heading off to join the Merc Company that hired her.
    Gameplay-wise, this means that Nikita will start with +5000 C-bills before the start of the game.
    Page Reference: 128-129

Traitname*
    Description for Trait here*
    Trait Points:
    Page Reference:
    XP:

Show

Acting
    Level: 1
    Links: CHA
    TN/C: 8/CB
    XP: +24

Administration
    Level: 2
    Links: INT+WIL
    TN/C: 8/SA
    XP: +40

Career/Soldier
    Level: 3
    Links: INT
    TN/C: 7/SB
    XP: +64

Communications/Conventional

Communications/HPG

Computers

Gunnery/'Mech
    Level: 5
    Links: RFL+DEX
    XP: +136

Interest/Battlemechs

Interest/Mercenary Companies

Interest/Military History

Interest/Solaris Games

Interest/Solaris Night Life

Interest/Writings of Jerome Blake

Language/English
    Level: 4
    Links: INT+CHA
    XP: +96

Language/German
    Level: 0
    XP: +16

Language/Russian

Leadership
    Links: WIL+CHA

Martial Arts
    Level: 4 (Jiu Jitsu-based)
    Links: RFL+DEX (Advanced Tier)

Medtech

Melee Weapons
    Links: DEX

Navigation/Ground

Negotiation

Perception

Piloting/'Mech
    Level: 5
    Links: RFL+DEX
    XP: +136

Protocol/ComStar
    TN/C: 9/CA

Protocol/FedSuns

Protocol/Lyran

Running
    Links: RFL

Sensor Operations

Small Arms
    Links: DEX

Strategy

Streetwise/Lyran

Streetwise/Solaris VII

Survival/Forest
    Links: BOD+INT

Swimming
    Links: STR

Tactics/Land

Technician/Mechanic
    Links: DEX+INT

Technician/Weapons
    Links: DEX+INT

Training

Skillname*
    Level:
    Links:
    TN/C: /
    XP:

Show

Condition Monitor
    Standard Damage: 0
    Fatigue Damage: 0

--------------------
    Walk: 8
    Run/Evade: 19
    Sprint: 38 (Causes fatigue)
    Climb: 2 (Missing skill)
    Crawl: 2
    Swim: 10

--------------------
    Encumbrance Overlook
    Encumbered: 15kg/20kg (choose higher number if Load-Bearing Pack is equipped)
    Very Encumbered: 30kg/40kg (choose higher number if Load-Bearing Pack is equipped)
    Overloaded: 50kg/75kg (choose higher number if Load-Bearing Pack is equipped)

Total Weight Carried: -kg

--------------------

Main Helmet - Combat Neurohelmet (Head)
    Armor Type: Mechwarrior Kit - Inner Sphere, ComStar
    BAR (M/B/E/X): 2/3/2/1

Main Body Armor - Mechwarrior Cooling Vest(Torso)
    Armor Type: Mechwarrior Kit - Inner Sphere, Regular
    BAR (M/B/E/X): 1/2/0/1

Main Gloves - ComStar Gloves (Hands)
    Armor Type: ComStar Armor Kit
    BAR (M/B/E/X): 1/1/1/1

Main Boots - ComStar Plasteel Boots (Feet)
    Armor Type: Mechwarrior Kit - Inner Sphere, ComStar
    BAR (M/B/E/X): 4/6/4/4

Armorname* (InsertLocation*)
    Armor Type:

--------------------
    Weapon
    Martial Arts
    Skill: 3
    AP/DP: 0M/1D (+MoS x 0.25)
    Notes

Laser Pistol with Laser Sight
    Skill: 3
    AP/DP: 4E/3
    Range: 15/35/80/225
    Ammo: 2 PPs-per-shot (30 PP available)
    Notes
    Uses Power Packs for ammo. Ammo Capacity varies depending on Power Pack used (divide Power Points by 2).
    Equipped with a Laser Sight - granting a +1 modifier to attack rolls.
    Equipped with a HC Power Pack, giving the Laster Pistol 30 PP of power.

Show

Life Modules

0/Affiliation: FedCom Lyrian Commonwealth Parent-state (Tamar Pact - Birth) + ComStar
    Other notes: Characters with a ComStar affiliation may not posses the Extra Income or Property Traits. When choosing this affiliation, the character must also select a second birth affiliation (few people are born into the order).

1/Early Childhood: War Orphan
    Other notes: None

2/Late Childhood: Military School (Local Grumium Military School)
    Other notes: None

3/Higher Education: Military Academy (Sandhurst Royal Military College on Terra), Basic & Advanced Training.
    Other notes: Basic Training Field, Advanced Training (MechWarrior) Field.

4/Real Life: ComStar Service (Planetary Security)
    Other notes: This module can be used by all branches of service in the ComStar or Word of Blake affiliations. However, ComStar or Word of Blake members trained in intelligence, police or military Skill Fields can choose Covert Operations, To Serve and Protect, and Tour of Duty modules (respectively) instead.

Show

Civvie-Grade (Over-The-Counter) Sleeping Aid Pills - One Bottle with 120 pills (x2)
    Location: In her quarters. She usually brings a couple of pills with her if she expects to not be back to sleep at her quarters the same day.
    Data/Statistics
    Type - Depressant (Low-Level Narcotic)
    Regular Dose - 1 Pill (120 remaining - 1 C-bill per pill)
    Primary Vector - Ingested (Must be orally ingested to have any function)
    Drug Strength - 1
    Duration - 8 Hours
    Medicinal (Sedative) - Prescribed
    Mass - 0.1kg (+0.03kg for a full bottle) per bottle.

Civilian Clothing (4 sets)
    Location: Worn when her military fatigues are no appropriate.
    Data/Statistics
    Combination of skirts, pants, shirts, sweaters, jackets, socks, shoes, sleepwear and underwear
    Mass - 0.5kg-3kg per set (depending on what's worn with what).

Military Fatigues (+1 Spare for non-Mech Wear and Use)
    Location: Usually worn most of the time, underneath any other armor or gear.
    Data/Statistics
    This set of Military Fatigues contains the following insignias and emblems: Sandhurst Royal Military Academy Patch (Graduated with Honours) ComStar Service Patch (to indicate her service-time with ComStar), Solaris VII Gladiator Patch (a patch sewn onto her fatigues to show her status as a successful, and victorious Mech-Gladiator). Also now wears a patch for the Merc Company she recently joined.
    Covers - Torso, Arms and Legs.
    Mass - 0.5kg (each)

Mech Warrior Gear (Combat Neurohelmet, Cooling Vest, ComStar Gloves, ComStar Plasteel Boots)
    Data/Statistics
    -1 to Perception; Encumbering; May be sealed in hostile enviroments (1-Hour Air Supply).
    If the Cooling Vest is reduced to a BAR of 0 in any category, it loses its functionality; treat the unit as if it has suffered a Life Support critical hit in game play.
    Mass - 12.5kg (5+4+0.5+3)

Holster & Load-Bearing Pack
    Location: On-person - allows for an easy-cary and reach for a Pistol. Pack helps raise STR vs. Carry/Encumbrance rating.
    Data/Statistics
    Allows for an easy carry-&-reach for a Pistol.
    +1 STR (Carry/Encumbrance Only); Simple action to detach; Complex action to attach.
    Mass - 250g (150g+100g)

Laser Pistol with Laser Sight, +HC Power Pack
    Data/Statistics
    Power Capacity - 30 PP
    Mass - 1.4kg (1kg +0.1kg +0.3kg)

2 HC Power Packs, Spare
    Location: Slotted into her Loadbearing Pack as spare Power Packs for her Laser Pistol.
    Data/Statistics
    Power Capacity - 30 PP
    Mass - 0.6kg (0.3kg each)

Civilian Micro-Communicator +HC Micro Power Pack
    Location: Button-sized, usually worn on whatever outfit she got on within easy activation-reach (possibly part of a Unit-emblem on outfit).
    Data/Statistics
    Range - 2km (If No Relay Is Available)
    Power Use - 0.2 PPH (20/20 PP available)
    Mass - 5g

Noteputer +HC Micro Power Pack
    Location: Usually in her quarters where she uses it to write daily reports, maybe play the odd game or two, etc.
    Data/Statistics
    Portable; Requires Micro Power Packs.
    Power Use - 0.1 PPH (20/20 PP available)
    Mass - 0.52kg (0.5kg +0.02kg)

2 HC Micro Power Packs, Spare
    Location: Usually located at her quarters for easily replacement for her Noteputer or Civilian Micro-Communicator.
    Data/Statistics
    Power Capacity - 30 PP each
    Mass - 0.04kg (0.02kg each)

Heavy-Duty Charger
    Data/Statistics
    Plug-in required (can be plugged into just about any standard-type electric wallsocket) in order to recharge Power Packs.
    May service up to 5 Power Packs at once.
    Power Generation - 200 PPH
    Mass - 0.4kg

Solar Recharger
    Location: Usually stores in her battlemech for emergency use.
    Data/Statistics
    Requires nothing to work, except a basic level of light.
    Power Generation - 50 PPH
    Mass - 1.5kg

Kinetic Recharger
    Location: Usually stores in her battlemech for emergency use.
    Data/Statistics
    Requires nothing to work, except for manual cranking to make it begin charging Power Packs. Comes with alternative charging method that can be swapped depending on need, such as a version as a windmill, watermill, foot-crank or handcrank.
    Power Generation - 5 PPH
    Mass - 2kg

Basic Toolkit
    Data/Statistics
    Encumbering; Required to perform any repair that require a skill roll.
    Mass - 10 kg

4 Medical Kits
    Location: 1 in her 'Mech, 1 in her quarters, 2 carried on herself (stuffed into her loadbearing pack).
    Data/Statistics
    1 use each; +1 to Meditech Rolls.
    Mass - 250g per Medical Kit.

ItemName*

C-Bills: 110

Show

Vehicle Model/Name: Griffin GRF-1N
    Vehicle Type: Bipedal Battlemech
    Vehicle Mass: 55 Ton
    Vehicle Traits: None

Notes

Spoiler: Backstory, Appearance & Personality
    Show

Nikita Lowel
    Date of birth - April 14th, 3021
    Birthplace - Planet Grumium, Draconis Comb- *EDIT* Recaptured during the 4th succession war by the Lyran Commonwealth. Addendum - Grumium was handed over to the Free Rasalhague Republic in 3040. Nikita Lowel is still considered a lyran-born citizen.

Nikita was born just a scant 7 years prior to the reconquest of the world by the Lyran Commonwealth, and had already during pre-war years been building a larger Lyran-support mentality.
    Sadly, Nikita never got to enjoy a full childhood in peace, with family and friends, since during the Lyran Invasion, a Mech-Lance Commander by the name of Jon Kincaid, the bloodthirsty bastard that he was (and still is) had given orders to enact a Scorched Earth Policy to all forces under his control, which lead to quite a few towns and small cities being smashed to rubble as his forced fell back from the Lyran push.
    Nikita's homecity had been one of those places, with a conglomorate-level collective of owned building being Run by the Lowel Family (her family). A mass attack of LRM barrages, Laserfire and PPC shots had leveled much of the city's buildings within just a few hours. No one from Nikita's family survived (at least as far as she knows), and it would take another 2 years until she was found, emaciated, scared and traumatized.
    After a while of emotional support (along with some basic education chance to get her ready and able for some higher education should she wish it) from Lyran-sent support-folk (like Psychologists for the shellshocked populace, amongst other things), had helped Nikita return to a semblance of normalcy, albeit still very withdrawn, outwardly cold towards others and with heavy, constant nightterrors that required heavy-doses of Sleeping Aid Pills to help her manage to get some level of sleep.
    As she turned 11 (a year earlier than normally allowed), Nikita joined a Lyran-run Military School through her own free will, having had enough with being terrorfied every day, any loud noise potentially making her go catatonic, etc. She had steeled herself from having the universe kick her around, and she was gonna let it keep doing so if need be.... because she intended on learning to kick back. Hard, with sharply honed skill.
    As she was about to finish her years of education, she was noted by ComStar for her promising skill, mentality and overall potential worth, and she ended up more or less Adopted into ComStar as a whole (at least on a more basic level). She was given a stipend so she could study at the Sandhurst Royal Military Academy on Terra and graduated with honours, as a Mechwarrior - Fully trained and capable.
    After that, she did her expected ComStar Service rotation, which took another five years. During which she both learned to pilot and operate battelmechs to a more finely honed skill.
    Given the freedom to do what she wanted after her service period, Nikita ended up becoming a Solaris VII Gladiator, earning a healthy C-bill and doing quite well for herself, overall speaking. It was just a few years later during her gladiator-days that Nikita had also managed to locate Jon Kincaid (which was the reason she'd become a Mech Gladiator to begin with since she'd heard rumors of him being present on-planet) and succeeded in defeating him in the arena (The Steiner Stadium of all places! Sadly, Kincaid had ejected in time so he got away with landing in safety behind is destroyed Mech so Nikita couldn't finish him off in time for the blarring of the combat-finished horn... The bastard got away and she had been soooo close! It wouldn't be until a year later, just as she had won it big, but with no Mech left to pilot (prior one was damaged beyond reasonable cost for repair), that she had gotten word that Kincaid had become a Mercenary Mechwarrior.... alas she wasn't able to find out what Company he'd joined and where it was located.
    It was only a few weeks after learning that Kincaid had left Solaris VII without her realising it, that she was approached (and then hired) by a Mercerany Company in need of capable mechwarriors.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Nikita is a very eye-catching lady. She is a little on the shorter side, barely reaching a little over 1 and a half meter in height, but that's where she stop being 'hard to notice', since she has stark, icey blue eyes and a quite invitingly blonde haircolor in a shoulder-length cut that just lightly, and naturally, curls ever so slightly.
    She's got a healthy, fit and Atheltic build that is balanced with a musculature that comes naturally from a mix of a healthy diet and an overall naturalborn metabolism.... not to mention the fact she works out regularly, every single day if possible.

She is overall also VERY attractive, bodily speaking, with her slightly distance-held attitude, her lovely shaped face with high cheekbones and wide, open eyes. A soft hesitance in her initial attention towards new people, that quickly warms up to a more casual, well, warmth. HOWEVER if she is on duty or in required-uniform moments, she is a lot more 'military gal' and expects others to act in the same manner - Saluting the rank of others and expecting the due respect and trust her own rank should afford her. Rank is a responsibility that should be respected, but it's the rank that is respected, not just the person that holds it.

In terms of overall personality, Nikita is a rather private person and got issues with overly-clingy people, especially after they do not take the initial hint of 'leave me alone please'. In a very jarring realisation to most others, Nikita does like 'cute' a lot. She very much enjoys her private quarters to have a fluffy heartshaped pillow, her sleepwear is a soft muted pink and she usually wear a light and tasteful level of make-up, since she is a woman and she does enjoy being attractive - she just doesn't enjoy taking it beyond 'tasteful' since by then it's more to attract attention and possibly make a statement, which is very much NOT what Nikita seeks what so ever.
    She is also a damaged person. She got a major issue with anyone actively part of the Draconic Combine and usually flat out denies even giving a common courtsy towards them - Although having your entire familyline exterminated via battlemech weaponry would make just about any person rather disliking of such people. Beyond that, Nikita also suffers from frequent nightmares, sometimes to the point of screaming herself awake with the terror of what she was dreaming of.
    Nikita is also very much a 'Steiner-girl' at heart, and very much dislikes being reffered to as a FedSun-person. Even though she haven't been 'home' since she was taken by ComStar to earth for Military Academy schooling, she still holds deep 'Steiner-first' thoughts when comparing Lyran and FedSuns... Although by now, as she also does know, her homeworld is no longer part of the Lyran Space, having been given away to the FRR back in 3040.

Re-post of now finished charactersheet.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2020-04-07 at 01:09 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Battlemech Record Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

Type: Griffin GRF 1N
    Tonnage: 55 Tons
    Tech Base: Inner Sphere
    Era: Star League

Movement Points
    Walking: 5
    Running: 8
    Jump: 5

Cost & Value
    Cost: 4.957.107 C-Bills
    BV: 1.272

Show

1 LRM 10
    Loc: RT
    Dmg: 1/msl
    Dmg Types: M,C,S
    Min Range: 6 (Hexes)
    Sht Range: 7 (Hexes)
    Med Range: 14 (Hexes)
    Long Range: 21 (Hexes)

1 PPC
    Ht: 10
    Dmg: 10
    Dmg Type: DE,X
    Min Range: 3 (Hexes)
    Sht Range: 6 (Hexes)
    Med Range: 12 (Hexes)
    Long Range: 18 (Hexes)

Show

Pilot Name: Nikita 'Fury' Lowel
    Gunnery Skill: 3
    Piloting Skill: 3

Sensor Operations Skill: 4

Spoiler: Armor & Internal Structure Data
    Show

Frontal Armor Diagram

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------ Head Armor --------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------9/9---------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Left Arm ------ Left Torso ------- Center Torso ------- Right Torso ------ Right arm ----
    --14/14-----------20/20---------------20/20---------------20/20-------------14/14------
    --------------- --------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------
    --------------- --------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------Left Leg----------------------------------Right Leg---
    ---------------------18/18-------------------------------------18/18-----
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------- Rear Left Torso - Rear Center Torso - Rear Right Torso -
    -------------------------6/6-----------------7/7-----------------6/6--------------------------

------------------------------------------ Head Health --------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------3/3---------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Left Arm ------ Left Torso ------- Center Torso ------- Right Torso ------ Right arm ----
    ---9/9-------------13/13---------------18/18---------------13/13--------------9/9-------
    --------------------Left Leg----------------------------------Right Leg---
    ---------------------13/13-------------------------------------13/13-----

Show

Single Heat Sinks: 12/12

Heat Overflow:

Current Overheat Effects

___30___ Shutdown

Spoiler: Critical Hit Table Diagram
    Show

Engine Hits: 0/3
    Gyro Hits: 0/2
    Sensor Hits: 0/2
    Lifesupport: 0/1

Other Critical Damage Penalties

--------------------------------------Head-------------------------
    ----------------------------------1. Lifesupport--------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------2. Sensors------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------3. Cockpit-------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------4. Roll Again------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------5. Sensors------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------6. Lifesupport--------------------------------------

--------Left Arm___________________________Right Arm
    -----------1-3__________________________________1-3
    ---1. Shoulder---------------_________ _________-1. Shoulder---------------
    ---2. Upper Arm Actuator-_________ _________-2. Upper Arm Actuator-
    ---3. Lower Arm Actuator-_________ _________-3. Lower Arm Actuator-
    ---4. Hand Actuator--------_________ _________-4. Hand Actuator--------
    ---5. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-5. {PPC--------------------
    ---6. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-6. {PPC--------------------
    -----------4-6__________________________________4-6
    ---1. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-1. {PPC--------------------
    ---2. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-2. Roll Again---------------
    ---3. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-3. Roll Again---------------
    ---4. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-4. Roll Again---------------
    ---5. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-5. Roll Again---------------
    ---6. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-6. Roll Again---------------

-------Left Torso__________________________Right Torso
    -----------1-3__________________________________1-3
    ---1. Jump Jet---------------_________ _________-1. Jump Jet---------------
    ---2. Jump Jet---------------_________ _________-2. Jump Jet---------------
    ---3. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-3. {LRM 10----------------
    ---4. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-4. {LRM 10----------------
    ---5. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-5. Ammo [LRM 10] 12---
    ---6. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-6. Ammo [LRM 10] 12---
    -----------4-6__________________________________4-6
    ---1. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-1. Roll Again----------------
    ---2. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-2. Roll Again----------------
    ---3. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-3. Roll Again----------------
    ---4. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-4. Roll Again----------------
    ---5. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-5. Roll Again----------------
    ---6. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-6. Roll Again----------------

---------------------------------Center Torso--------------------
    -----------------------------------------1-3------------------------
    -----------------------------------1. Fusion Engine----------------------------------
    -----------------------------------2. Fusion Engine----------------------------------
    -----------------------------------3. Fusion Engine----------------------------------
    -----------------------------------4. Gyro---------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------5. Gyro---------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------6. Gyro---------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------4-6------------------------
    -----------------------------------1. Gyro---------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------2. Fusion Engine----------------------------------
    -----------------------------------3. Fusion Engine----------------------------------
    -----------------------------------4. Fusion Engine----------------------------------
    -----------------------------------5. Heat Sink---------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------6. Jump Jet----------------------------------------

--------Left Leg___________________________Right Leg
    ---1. Hip----------------------_________ _________-1. Hip----------------------
    ---2. Upper Leg Actuator--_________ _________-2. Upper Leg Actuator--
    ---3. Lower Leg Actuator--_________ _________-3. Lower Leg Actuator--
    ---4. Foot Actuator---------_________ _________-4. Foot Actuator---------
    ---5. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-5. Roll Again---------------
    ---6. Roll Again---------------_________ _________-6. Roll Again---------------

Finished 'Mech Record Sheet.

FIIIIIIIIIIIINALYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2020-04-07 at 02:20 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Show

Warhammer 6R Mod "Fix"
    Armament:
    1 Small Laser
    2 PPC
    4 Medium Laser
    1 SRM 6

Equipment Mass
    Internal Structure 7
    Engine
    280 Fusion 16
    Gyro 3
    Cockpit 3
    Armor Factor 208 13

Location Internal
    Structure Armor
    Value
    Head 3 9
    Center Torso 22 34
    Center Torso (rear) 9
    R/L Torso 15 22
    R/L Torso (rear) 8
    R/L Arm 11 22
    R/L Leg 15 26

Small Laser H 1 1 0.5
    Medium Laser RT 1 3 1.0
    CASE RT 1 - 0.5
    SRM 6 RT 2 4 3.0
    PPC LA 3 10 7.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    PPC RA 3 10 7.0
    This weapon switch is acceptable.
    We just need to take down some clanner scum and salvage their mechs for potential uses or at least selling it off for better overall Merc Company gear, or even better IS-available mechs.
    "Fun fact: It's hard to salvage Clan technology because salvage is traditionally reserved for winners."

~Tex, Battletech/Mechwarrior Lore: The Mad Cat
    Quote Originally Posted by McStabbington View Post
    I haven't purchased gear yet, but here is (or at least, should be after edits) the basic character sheet for GM review:

Ensign John "Jack" McKenzie

Character Recordsheet
    Show

Name: John "Jack" McKenzie
    Affiliation: Magistracy of Canopus (nominal)
    Extra:

Height: 6'
    Weight: 180
    Hair Color: Black

Show

Strength

Body

Reflex

Dexterity

Intelligence

Willpower

Charisma

Edge
    Score: 1
    Link: -2

Show

Custom Vehicle: (2)

Dependent: (1) Wife

Enemy: (7)

Equipped: (2) Tech Level D, Availability C, Legality C

Fast Learner: (3)

Glass Jaw: (3)

Vehicle: (4) Medium mech

Wealth: (5) 50,000 C-Bills

Show

Acrobatics/Freefall RFL/7/SB/+1

Acting CHA/8/CB/+0

Administration INT+WILL/8/SA/+2

Appraisal INT/8/SB/+0

Art/Violin DEX/8/CB/+0

Career/Soldier INT/7/SB/+2

Computers INT/8/CB/+1

Demolitions DEX+INT/9/CA/+1

Gunnery/Mech RFL+DEX/8/SA/+3

Interest/Literature INT/8/CB/+0

Interest/Mil History INT/8/CB/+2

Interest/Solaris 7 INT/8/CB/+0

Language/English INT+CHA/8/SA/+3

Language/Romanian INT+CHA/8/SA/+0

Language/Spanish INT+CHA/8/SA/+1

Language/Urdu INT+CHA/8/SA/+0

Leadership WIL+CHA/8/SA/+3

Martial Arts RFL/7/SB/+2

MedTech/General INT/7/SB/+3

Melee Weapons DEX/7/SB/+2

Navigation/Ground INT/7/SB/+1

Perception INT/7/SB/+0

Piloting/Mech RFL+DEX/8/SA/+4

Protocol/LyrCom CHA+WIL/9/CA/+3

Protocol/Magistracy CHA+WIL/9/CA/+2

Running RFL/7/SB/+1

Sensor Operations INT+WIL/8/SA/+2

Small Arms DEX/7/SB/+3

Stealth RFL+INT/8/SA/+1

Strategy INT+WIL/9/CA/+1

Streetwise/Mag CHA/8/CB/+0

Survival/Woods BOD+INT/9/CA/+1

Swimming STR/7/SB/+1

Tactics/Land INT+WIL/9/CA/+2

Technician/Mech INT+DEX/9/CA/+1

Tracking/Urban INT+WIL/8/SA/+1

Training INT+CHA/9/CA/+1

Show

Condition Monitor
    Standard Damage:
    Fatigue Damage:

--------------------
    Walk:6
    Sprint:34
    Climb:3
    Crawl:2
    Swim:7

--------------------
    Main...(Torso)
    Armor Type:

--------------------
    Weapon
    Martial Arts
    Skill:
    Notes:
    --------------------
    Weapon

Show

Life Modules

0/Affiliation:

Periphery/Magistracy of Canopus

1/Early Childhood:
    Nobility

2/Late Childhood:
    Military School

3/Higher Education:
    Military Academy
    OCS

Show

Issued Gear:

Personal Gear:

Show

Vehicle Model/Name:
    Vehicle Type: Battlemech WVR-6R Wolverine
    Vehicle Mass: 55
    Vehicle Traits:

Notes

Show

Backstory

John "Jack" McKenzie is the third child, and only son, of Natasha McKenzie and Aaron Centralla, Baroness of Cybele (the larger of the two moons orbiting Canopus IV), and current CEO of Athena Aerospace Consolidated, the largest shipping and supply company currently operating in the Magistracy of Canopus. The McKenzies themselves trace their lineage back to Danai McKenzie, who served as a company commander in the Black Brotherhood, the unit that chose exile into the Periphery under the leadership of Kossandra Centrella. McKenzie, as someone who descends in straight matriarchal line from the eldest child of Danai, is therefore considered high nobility among the Magistracy.

The McKenzies, despite the traditional backstabbing reputation of nobility, are a close-knit and loving family. As the third child and a son in a matriarchal society, however, Jack's position was never secure, nor was he ever expected to take over operations of Athena Aerospace; the duty falling to his elder sisters Danica and Melissa. Fortunately, Jack possessed a martial bent from an early age, and hoped to boost his family's fortunes by serving within the Magistracy Armed Forces. To that end, his mother Natasha spared no expense in providing for her son, even managing to purchase a coveted spot at the prestigious Nagelring Academy on Tharkad in the Lyran half of the Federated Commonwealth. Jack McKenzie excelled as was typical, graduating second in his class of 3047.

Unfortunately, the MAF selection committee blacklisted Jack McKenzie from joining, on the basis of the long-standing feud between the McKenzies and the D'Angonias, the ruling family of Luxen. In this case, Col. Ashley DAngonia was the head of the review board tasked with selecting applicants, and Jack McKenzies application to purchase a rank of Commander, or even Ensign, was rejected by the committee for lack of experience and unexplained concerns regarding discipline while attending the Nagelring.

As such, Jack McKenzie found himself heading to Outreach, hoping to sign on with a reputable mercenary outfit. Per his familial obligations, he detoured only to head to New Avalon, where he entered into an arranged marriage with his young wife Sarah Mambalay, current heir to New Abilene. Insofar as Sarah is only 19, has younger sisters, and her mother is still in her early forties, Jacks tour of duties are deemed not to interfere in his obligations as consort of the future Countess of New Abilene. Sarah Mambalay currently attends the New Avalon Institute of Science, as a pre-med/English literature dual major. Jack himself has begun accumulating a collection of books, in hopes of being able to speak conversantly with his wife regarding her interests.

Spoiler: Battlemech Record Sheet
    Show

Show

Source: 3025 Technical Readout
    Type: WVR-6R Wolverine
    Tech Base: Inner Sphere/3025
    Config: Biped Battlemech
    Rules: Level 1, Standard Design

Mass: 55 tons
    Chassis: Crucis-A Standard
    Power Plant: 275 Core Tek Fusion
    Walking Speed: 54.0 km/h
    Maximum Speed: 86.4 km/h
    Jump Jets: 5 Northrup 12000 Standard Jump Jets
    Jump Capacity: 150 meters
    Armor Type: Maximillian 60 Standard

Armament::
    1 GM Whirlwind Autocannon/5
    1 Harpoon-6 SRM 6
    1 Magna Mk II Medium Laser
    Manufacturer: Kallon Industries
    Communications System: Tek BattleCom
    Targeting and Tracking System: Garret T11b
    Cost & Value
    Cost: 4,827,681 C-Bills
    Battle Value: 957
    Cost per BV: 5,044.6
    Weapon Value: 608/608 (Ratio= .64/.64)

Spoiler: Overview
    Show

The Kallon Industries' Wolverine represents a relatively successful attempt to marry speed with striking power. A comparatively fast 'Mech capable of taking considerable damage while remaining operational, the Wolverine now serves in Successor State medium and recon lances. Its long and impressive history spans both the Star League and the era of the Succession Wars.

Spoiler: Capabilities
    Show

The Wolverine's Crucis-A chassis is both light and durable, and the 'Mech is also equipped with medium Maximilian-60 armor. Early Wolverines were armed with only the Whirlwind autocannon and a single medium laser. The Harpoon 6-rack SRM launcher was later added to increase the 'Mech's firepower at close range.

Originally intended to provide a full 360-degree firing arc, the ball-turret mounting of the Magna medium laser cannon is noteworthy. The weapon's traverse became restricted, however, when the shoulder-mounted Harpoon and the Tek BattleCom electronics blister were later added on. A fire-interrupt circuit also had to be added to prevent MechWarriors from damaging their own vehicles.

The Wolverine is one of the heaviest 'Mechs to carry jump jets, and the Northrup 12000 engines must labor considerably to lift the 55-ton vehicle into the air. The jump jets are thus prone to breakdown, forcing House Kurita, for example, to scrap the jets altogether.

The Wolverine's value as a command vehicle is enhanced by its Tek BattleCom system, a unit also used to good effect by the Orguss Phoenix Hawk. Well-shielded and with a multi-channel transmitter and receiver, the Tek comgear is an important facet of the Wolverine's success as a recon 'Mech.

As a fast, medium recon vehicle, the Wolverine does not have impressive armor, which is as it should be. In combination with the medium laser and SRM launcher, the Whirlwind autocannon provides firepower adequate to allow the Wolverine to cover its own retreat or to support the advance or retreat of other 'Mechs. Despite its originally limited role, the Wolverine has proved to be a versatile BattleMech, suited to many different tasks.

Show

1 Autocannon/5
    Ht: 1
    Ammo: 20
    Mass: 8.00
    Dmg Type: Ballistic (Direct Fire)
    Min Range: 3
    Sht Range: 1-6
    Med Range: 7-12
    Long Range: 13-18
    Ammo Location: 1 RA
    1 SRM 6
    Loc: LT
    Ammo: 15
    Crits: 2
    Dmg: 2/missile
    Dmg Type: Missile
    Ammo Location: 1 LT
    Medium Laser
    Loc: Head
    Ht: 3
    Ammo: --
    Mass: 1
    Dmg Type: Energy (Direct Fire)
    5 Standard Jump Jets:
    Mass: 2.5
    Jump Jet Loc: 1 CT, 2 LL, 2 RL

Totals:
    Heat: 8
    Crits: 46
    Mass: 55
    Crits Left: 32
    Tons Left: 0

Show

Pilot Name: John Jack McKenzie
    Gunnery Skill: 5
    Piloting Skill: 4

Hits Taken: 0

Hits Taken Value: 0/1/2/3/4/5/6
    Conciousness#: 3/5/7/10/11/Dead

Show

Single Heat Sinks:

Heat Overflow:

Current Overheat Effects

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    Heat Level ---- Effects ----

___30___ Shutdown

You technically only need +1 Custom Vehicle to grab the Wolverine (it's the result for 667 on the 3039 table for Kurita, Marik, Steiner, the Free Rasalhague Republic, and the Taurian Concordat). Also, be aware that a -7 Enemy trait means that the Colonel has personally singled you out for harassment, at a level that goes even beyond an old family grudge. Be careful.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Fun fact: It's hard to salvage Clan technology because salvage is traditionally reserved for winners."

Fortunately, the Clans literally have almost no concept of theft. Especially the warriors.

You technically only need +1 Custom Vehicle to grab the Wolverine (it's the result for 667 on the 3039 table for Kurita, Marik, Steiner, the Free Rasalhague Republic, and the Taurian Concordat). Also, be aware that a -7 Enemy trait means that the Colonel has personally singled you out for harassment, at a level that goes even beyond an old family grudge. Be careful.
    Woudln't it be great if this guy was also on Renown in 3030? That gives you nemesis two PCs want to personally punch. That would put him in the 1st Canopian Fusiliers.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ahh yes, Tex. My fave Battletech-lore Youtuber out there.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

This weapon switch is acceptable.
    I just realized that alternate has no jump ability. sigh oh well...

Mando check through this let me know if its all good then options can be decided/discussed.

the custom vehicle/vehicle trait points +7 allow for Heavy mech probably the heavier end or in the case as discussed the ability to customize the weapons or other systems later on

Spoiler: worksheet
    Show

Stage 0 Affiliation House Liao 850+150 XP
    Primary Language Mandarin Chinese
    Secondary Language English
    [Attributes] WIL (+50 XP)
    [Traits] Exceptional Attribute/EDG (+100 XP)
    Compulsion/Paranoia (100 XP)
    [Skills] Language/Any Capellan Secondary (+10 XP)
    Protocol/Capellan (+10 XP)
    Martial Arts (+5 XP)

Sian Commonality
    [Attributes] WIL (+75 XP)
    [Traits] Compulsion/Hatred of Federated Suns (135 XP)
    Citizenship (+50 XP) * -> Gm notation this is not required
    Connections (+50 XP)
    [Skills] Interest/Capellan History (+10 XP)
    Protocol/Capellan (+15 XP)
    Language/Any Capellan Secondary (+10 XP)

Stage 1 Nobility module 215 XP
    Prerequisites: Any non-Clan affiliation 5+ TP (total) in Title, Wealth or Property Traits
    Fixed XPs:
    STR (75 XP), BOD (75 XP), RFL (50 XP), INT (+100 XP), CHA (+100 XP)
    [Traits] Equipped (+125 XP)
    Enemy (200 XP)
    Glass Jaw (100 XP)
    Reputation (+175 XP)
    Wealth (+150 XP)
    [Skills] Appraisal (+5 XP)
    Art/Any (+10 XP)
    Interest/Any (+10 XP)
    Language/Affiliation (+10 XP)
    Protocol/Affiliation (+10 XP)
    Flexible XPs: +5 XP each to any four Attributes, Traits or Skills

Stage 2 Military School 500 XP
    Prerequisites: WIL 3+
    Fixed XPs:
    CHA (+50 XP)
    [Traits] Connections (+15 XP)
    Fit (+15 XP)
    Rank (+20 XP)
    [Skills] Career/Soldier (+25 XP)
    Computers (+35 XP)
    Interest/Any (+30 XP)
    Interest/Military History (+40 XP)
    Leadership (+20 XP)
    Martial Arts (+30 XP)
    Medtech (+10 XP)
    Melee Weapons (+20 XP)
    Protocol/Affiliation (+30 XP)
    Running (+30 XP)
    Small Arms (+50 XP)
    Strategy (+10 XP)
    Swimming (+30 XP)
    Flexible XPs: +40 XP (may only be applied to Skills)

Stage 3 Military Academy 830 XP + Field Costs 240
    Automatic:
    STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), RFL (+125 XP), WIL (+100 XP)
    [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP)
    Rank (+200 XP)
    [Skills]
    Interest/Military History (+15 XP)
    Leadership (+10 XP)
    Protocol/Affiliation (+15 XP)
    Swimming (+15 XP)
    [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
    Fields
    Basic (+1 year): Basic Training
    Requires: Rank Trait, INT 3, WIL 3
    Career/Soldier
    Martial Arts
    MedTech
    Navigation/Ground
    Small Arms
    Advanced (+1 year): MechWarrior
    Requires: Basic Training Field, DEX 4, RFL 4
    Gunnery/Mech
    Piloting/Mech
    Sensor Operations
    Tactics/Land
    Technician/Any

Stage 3 Officer Training 550 XP + Field Costs 120
    Automatic:
    CHA (+100 XP)
    EDG (200 XP)
    [Traits]
    Connections (+50 XP)
    Equipped (+50 XP)
    Rank (+250 XP)
    Reputation (+50 XP)
    Wealth (+100 XP)
    [Skills] Leadership (+10 XP)
    Protocol/Affiliation (+25 XP)
    [Flexible XP] (+115 XP)
    Fields
    Basic (+1 year): Officer Training
    Requires: Basic Training
    Administration
    Leadership
    Melee Weapons
    Protocol/Affiliation
    Training

Stage 4 Tour of Duty 800 XP
    Prerequisites: Must have at least one Military Skill Field.
    Time: +3 years
    Fixed XPs: [Traits] Connections (+25 XP)
    Choose Equipped or Vehicle (+100 XP)
    [Skills] Career/Soldier (+50 XP)
    Martial Arts (+40 XP)
    Navigation/Any (+40 XP)
    Protocol/Affiliation (+40 XP)
    [Attributes] +50 XP each to any two
    Attributes; [Traits] Rank (+50 XP)
    Choose Equipped or Vehicle (+50 XP)
    Choose Compulsion/Any Addiction or Unlucky (50 XP);
    [Skills] Language/Affiliation (+15 XP)
    Leadership (+15 XP)
    Martial Arts (+10 XP)
    Medtech (+20 XP)
    Perception (+20 XP)
    +175 total additional XP (+25 XP each assigned to a maximum of seven Skills the character possesses from Military Fields)
    Flexible XPs (All Tours of Duty): +100 XP

Attribute Breakdown
    Stage 0: STR 100 BOD 100 RFL 100 DEX 100 INT 100 WIL 225 CHA 100 EDG 200

Stage 1: STR 30 BOD 30 RFL 55 DEX 100 INT 200 WIL 225 CHA 200 EDG 200

Stage 2: STR 30 BOD 30 RFL 55 DEX 100 INT 200 WIL 225 CHA 250 EDG 200

Stage 3: STR 80 BOD 130 RFL 180 DEX 115 INT 300 WIL 325 CHA 350 EDG 100

Stage 4: STR 80 BOD 130 RFL 230 DEX 265 INT 300 WIL 325 CHA 350 EDG 100

XP used: 850+150+215+500+830+240+550+120=3455

Post Stage 4 before Optimizations 1545 XP
    STR +20 BOD +70 RFL +170 DEX +135 EDG +100
    Vehicle (+445)
    Compulsion/Paranoia (100 XP) NULL *>buy back 100
    Compulsion/Hatred of Federated Suns (135 XP) *>buy back 100
    Enemy (200 XP) *>buy back 200
    Glass Jaw (100 XP) *>buy back 100

STR 100 BOD 200 RFL 400 DEX 400 INT 300 WIL 325 CHA 350 EDG 200
    Remaining XP 105

Optimizations
    STR +100, WIL -25, CHA -50
    Compulsion/Hatred of Federated Suns (5 XP)
    Vehicle (+155)
    Citizenship (+50 XP) * -> Gm notation this is not required
    Connections (-40 XP)
    Equipped (-175 XP)
    Reputation (-25 XP)
    Wealth (+300 XP)
    Reputation (-100 XP)
    Protocol/Capellan (-120 XP)
    Fit (-25 XP)
    Rank (-20 XP)
    Language/Mandarin Chinese (+5 XP)
    Language/English (-10 XP)
    Protocol/Capellan (-5 XP)
    Martial Arts (-35 XP)
    Appraisal (-5 XP)
    Art/Painting (-10 XP)
    Career/Soldier (-35 XP)
    Computers (-5 XP)
    Interest/Military History (-5 XP)
    Leadership (-5 XP)
    Medtech (-10 XP)
    Running (+10 XP)
    Strategy (-10 XP)
    Swimming (-5 XP)
    Navigation/Ground (-20 XP)
    Gunnery/Mech (-5 XP)
    Piloting/Mech (-5 XP)
    Sensor Operations (-5 XP)
    Tactics/Land (-5 XP)
    Technician/Weapons (-5 XP)
    Perception (+10 XP)

Negative Traits
    Phenotype (Normal Human +0 XP)

Dark Secret -3 TP had a one night stand which produced an illegitimate child
    Dependant -2 TP has a child

Own the Battlemech (+200)
    STR +100, Bod +100, EDG +100

Final: STR 300 BOD 300 RFL 400 DEX 400 INT 300 WIL 300 CHA 300 EDG 300

Jynx Lasin
    Rank O2 Commander Squad Leader

STR 300 BOD 300 RFL 400 DEX 400 INT 300 WIL 300 CHA 300 EDG 300

Walk: 7
    Run/Evade: 19
    Sprint: 38
    Climb: 4
    Swim: 9

[Traits]
    Exceptional Attribute/EDG
    Compulsion/Hatred of Federated Suns (30 XP)
    Compulsion/Smoker(50 XP)
    Citizenship (+100 XP) 1 * -> Gm notation this is not required
    Connections (+100 XP) 1
    Equipped (+100 XP) 1
    Reputation (+100 XP) 1
    Wealth (+500 XP) 5
    Custom Vehicle (+600,+200 to own it) 6 *Increase this by 100 from not needing citizenship (700+200 to own it rank 7)
    Rank (+500 XP) 5

Negative Traits
    In for Life -3
    Impatient -1
    Dark Secret -1

[Skills]
    Language/Mandarin Chinese (+20 XP) 0
    Language/English (+30 XP) 1
    Interest/Capellan History (+20 XP) 0
    Interest/Battlemechs (+30 XP) 1
    Interest/Military History (+50 XP) 2
    Protocol/Capellan (+50 XP) 2
    Martial Arts (+80 XP) 3
    Career/Soldier (+80 XP) 3
    Computers (+30 XP) 1
    Leadership (+80 XP) 3
    Medtech (+50 XP) 2
    Melee Weapons (+50 XP) 2
    Running (+50 XP) 2
    Small Arms (+80 XP) 3
    Swimming (+50 XP) 2
    Navigation/Ground (+50 XP) 2
    Gunnery/Mech (+50 XP) 2
    Piloting/Mech (+50 XP) 2
    Sensor Operations (+50 XP) 2
    Tactics/Land (+50 XP) 2
    Technician/Weapons (+50 XP) 2
    Administration (+30 XP) 1
    Training (+30 XP) 1
    Perception (+80 XP) 3

Character Recordsheet
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

Name: Jynx Lasin
    Affiliation:
    Extra:

Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 125
    Hair Color: Brunette

Show

Strength
    Link: 1

Body

Reflex

Dexterity

Intelligence

Willpower

Charisma

Edge

Show

Exceptional Attribute/EDG
    Compulsion/Hatred of Federated Suns 1
    Compulsion/Smoker 2
    Citizenship 1
    Connections 1 : 1 per 14 days 2 Info 1
    Equipped 1 : D B C
    Reputation 1
    Wealth 5
    Custom Vehicle 6 *Increase this to 7
    Rank 5
    Negative Traits
    In for Life -3
    Impatient -1
    Dark Secret -1

Show

Skill Value Attributes TN/C
    Language/Mandarin Chinese 0
    INT + CHA 8 / SA
    Language/English 1
    INT + CHA 8 / SA
    Interest/Capellan History 0
    INT 8 / CB*
    Interest/Battlemechs 1
    INT 8 / CB*
    Interest/Military History 2
    INT 8 / CB*
    Protocol/Capellan 2
    WIL + CHA 9 / CA
    Martial Arts 3
    RFL 7 / SB*
    Career/Soldier 3
    INT 7 / SB
    Computers 1
    INT 8 / CB*
    Leadership 3
    WIL + CHA 8 / SA
    Medtech 2
    INT 7 / SB
    Melee Weapons 2
    DEX 7 / SB*
    Running 2
    RFL 7 / SB
    Small Arms 3
    DEX 7 / SB
    Swimming 2
    STR 7 / SB
    Navigation/Ground 2
    INT 7 / SB
    Gunnery/Mech 2
    RFL + DEX 8 / SA
    Piloting/Mech 2
    RFL + DEX 8 / SA
    Sensor Operations 2
    INT + WIL 8 / SA
    Tactics/Land 2
    INT + WIL 9 / CA
    Technician/Weapons 2
    DEX + INT 9 / CA
    Administration 1
    INT + WIL 8 / SA
    Training 1
    INT + CHA 9 / CA
    Perception 3
    INT 7 / SB

Show

Condition Monitor
    Standard Damage:
    Fatigue Damage:

--------------------
    Walk: 5
    Sprint: 34
    Climb: 3
    Swim: 7

--------------------
    Main...(Torso)
    Armor Type:

--------------------
    Weapon
    Martial Arts
    Skill:
    Notes:
    --------------------
    Weapon
    Magnum Auto Pistol (2 clips) 50 (+8) 0.5 kg see p. 265
    Skill:
    Notes:

Show

Life Modules

0/Affiliation:
    House Liao
    Sian Commonality
    Noble

1/Early Childhood:
    Soldier

2/Late Childhood:
    Military School

Military Academy
    Tour of Duty

Show

Issued Gear optional rule
    Cooling Vest 200 4 kg see p. 294
    Neurohelmet 900 6 kg see p. 294
    Shorts 9 0.09 kg see p. 299
    Plasteel Boots 75 3 kg see p. 294
    Military Communicator 50 0.1 kg see p. 301
    Basic Field Kit 10 5 kg see p. 312
    Medical Kit 10 0.25 kg see p. 313
    Medipatch (x2) 20 0 kg see p. 313
    Stimpatch (x8) 16 0.1 kg see p. 313

C-Bills: 48,710

Show

Vehicle Model/Name:
    Vehicle Type: Battlemech: Warhammer
    Vehicle Mass: 70
    Vehicle Traits:

--------------------
    Warhammer
    Warhammer 6R Mod "Fix"
    Armament:
    1 Small Laser
    2 PPC
    4 Medium Laser
    1 SRM 6

Equipment Mass
    Internal Structure 7
    Engine
    280 Fusion 16
    Gyro 3
    Cockpit 3
    Armor Factor 208 13

Location Internal
    Structure Armor
    Value
    Head 3 9
    Center Torso 22 34
    Center Torso (rear) 9
    R/L Torso 15 22
    R/L Torso (rear) 8
    R/L Arm 11 22
    R/L Leg 15 26

Small Laser H 1 1 0.5
    Medium Laser RT 1 3 1.0
    CASE RT 1 - 0.5
    SRM 6 RT 2 4 3.0
    PPC LA 3 10 7.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
    PPC RA 3 10 7.0

Notes
    (Valkyrie painted on both sides)

Show

Backstory
    Company Second/Squad Leader Jynx Lasin O2 MechWarrior/Pilot Sevice Number: NO-2603XO-2
    Growing up as an only child to a noble family I was given almost the very best in everything. I was taught to use all manor of firearms by my grandfather. He would take me out into the field and we would line up a target about 100 ft out/ Then showed me how the firearm worked including shooting it. He allowed me to fire it after demonstrating how to load and unload a few times. Shooting the pistol was exciting at first and after a few shots I was able to hit the bulls-eye.
    A few ago I joined the military to carry on my grandfathers tradition of service. the only female member of the family to earn the academies highest honors. I did my best and excelled with the courses which got me into a support unit special operations as a battlemech pilot. Training as a mechwarrior was rigorous and I learned the weapon system and controls for heavy battlemechs. After that training I was promoted and I served the required one years worth of service.
    During that time, I learned about things going on that were questionable at best but did not report them. I returned to duty and finished my tour. At the end of my service I knew that I could not remain with the unit and left. I spent a few months moving from place to place looking for work hiring out as a mercenary not letting on that I was of noble birth. I recently was brought into a freshly assembled mercenary unit as it Company Second mostly because I had field experience.

Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-31 at 04:11 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So noted, and to that end I have modified my scores to reduce my Custom Vehicle by one point, and correspondingly raised Jack's INT by one.

That being said, I was building this to allow you free reign in what kind of antagonist you'd like House D'Angonia to be. If you're asking what my own, internal headcanon was, it's that unbeknownst to Jack, the McKenzies have been using Jack to stymie and check a lot of attempts by the D'Angonias to advance in Magistracy society. Think of him as a less-knowledgeable version of Margaery Tyrell: the D'Angonias want to get their kid a prestigious slot at Nagelring? The McKenzies buy it out for the good of Jack. The D'Angonias want to create a power alliance by marrying one of their sons into the Mambalay house on New Abilene? The McKenzies marry Jack off to the heir.

My thinking was that the capper to all of this was that the kid the D'Angonias were trying to elevate by sending to the Nagelring? Got killed in a training accident while in boot camp. So trying to make sure Jack was blacklisted wasn't just a fit of pique on the D'Angonia's part. It was a deliberate move to get him outside the Magistracy, where he can fall down an elevator shaft onto twenty bullets without the McKenzies being able to either check it, or necessarily retaliate if it's done subtly enough.

I'm actually wholeheartedly in favor of the GM approaching Magistracy politics as bloodsport, and designed my character appropriately. I wanted you to have both latitude to work creatively, and plot hooks to savor should you so choose.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I am SOOOO happy I am finally done with both Record Sheets... was giving myself a headache with all that text and all that line-setup.

Anyways, GM: How long have we each been with the Merc Company? I've been expecting like a few weeks, maybe a month or some such? Basic Indoctrination & Introduction into the Merc Company on a wider basis. Both from lowly Astechs, and up to the Leader of the Merc Company itself.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

OK, I've been reading up in the vehicle combat section, and I'd like somebody to check my math because this seems wrong.

3rd ed had an issue where PC MechWarriors were basically immune to pilot damage from anything except failed ejections. AToW seems to have massively overcorrected and turned PC pilots into eggs in the cockpit.

An average MechWarrior and his cooling vest has armor 1/2/0/1 and BOD 4 for 8 damage points. A head hit is 1B/3, which the armor reduces by 1 to 2. That's 2 points to the pilot, filling up a full 25% of capacity and creating an injury modifier of 1. Then you're stunned, and you have to make consciousness roll at a TN 7 + your injury modifier + you WIL link modifier (yeah, like anyone's going to buy a 7 in WIL), so TN 8. That's almost a 3/5ths chance of getting knocked out right there, and if you do stay awake, you lose a simple action to un-stun, and then you're taking a -1 on everything. From the first hit, whereas the default is a mere 1/36 chance of unconsciousness. So instead of MechWarrior taking 6 hits with no loss of effectiveness, with the first two almost being freebies, you're dead in 5 hits, taking debilitating penalties if you somehow stay awake through the TNs that start right around the 3rd regular hit.

Falls are worse as the vest is no protection, so you take 3 damage generating -2 injury modifier. And now that you've taken more than half your BOD in one hit, you have to make a straight BOD check or start bleeding, which is another TN 8. If you fail this and your TN 9 consciousness check, you've got 25 in-game seconds for somebody to get to the cockpit and patch you up before you die. I don't think a failed PSR should give you a nearly 50-50 shot of outright dying.

A MechWarrior Combat Suit's improved armor at least protects you from head pings at 2/5/1/2, but the falls are still going to mess you up. And I haven't even started on Glass Jaw.

Also, there doesn't seems to be anything about unconscious characters waking up, so once you're out, you're out.

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2020-03-31 at 10:21 PM.