Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder 1e] Savage Company

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    Ohhh. That makes much more sense.

I can apply the TWF feat to using guns, right? And would I still need an Exotic Weapon proficiency feat for sub machine guns if the Blitzkrieg barbarian is listed as having all firearm proficiencies?

You could but there is not much point, as officially by RAW there are no such things as light firearms. On top of it, pretty sure the monster Pale Stranger has a special ability to make firearms light weapon which implies that they aren't.

As written in the savage company book, they added the proficiencies to firearms if for some reason, you are playing with the archetypes of Savage Company in a regular pathfinder campaign (using the emerging guns firearms rule meaning it requires exotic weapon proficiency in the default games where gunslingers are allowed) if you are playing the game with guns everywhere, firearms are simple weapons.
    Last edited by VanceSaga; 2020-03-22 at 02:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait, I thought the semi auto pistols on page 54 are listed as light weapons, but I can just stick with one sub-machine gun for this, no problem, and from what you said, that means I don't need a feat to use an SMG one handed; I can do so on my own.... I think.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

3. - Top - End - #33

Wait, I thought the semi auto pistols on page 54 are listed as light weapons, but I can just stick with one sub-machine gun for this, no problem, and from what you said, that means I don't need a feat to use an SMG one handed; I can do so on my own.... I think.
    The semi-automatic handguns are light weapons, yes and I think they are the only ones in savage company for firearms.
    The SMG one isn't a light weapon.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, sorry, this is on me; I think I messed up.

To clarify: The SMG is listed as an exotic weapon, but can be held 1 handed if you have the EWP, or 2 handed if not. However the Blitzkrieg is listed as having ALL firearm proficiencies. Does that mean they don't need the EWP to hold it one handed?
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

5. - Top - End - #35

Oh, sorry, this is on me; I think I messed up.

To clarify: The SMG is listed as an exotic weapon, but can be held 1 handed if you have the EWP, or 2 handed if not. However the Blitzkrieg is listed as having ALL firearm proficiencies. Does that mean they don't need the EWP to hold it one handed?
    Yes, if all proficiencies are listed for firearms, it includes the exotic proficiency ones.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Is catfolk culture the same as it is in standard Pathfinder as it is in the Savage Company world? I'm getting a few ideas, but I wanted to make sure they were congruous with the setting.

7. - Top - End - #37

Is catfolk culture the same as it is in standard Pathfinder as it is in the Savage Company world? I'm getting a few ideas, but I wanted to make sure they were congruous with the setting.
    Not really anything different for them.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's the working sheet for Golds, an orphan catfolk who got adopted (literally) into the Company and while easily mistaken for a mascot, she's basically the squad's death commando who sprays dakka at the problem at hand. Sure she's a very nice machine gunner, but only if you're not trying to give the company any crap.

I plan to go into the Elemental Stance and Spirit Totem rage powers as soon as I can,

My only main question at the moment is how many bullets are fired in a burst? I found the automatic descriptor on the firearms SRD page but it doesn't specify how many bullets an SMG unloads in one go. It can't be the entire clip, so..is it four? One for each square of the line of fire? And can I eventually use Rapid Shot with that?
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2020-03-22 at 04:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

The Automatic weapon quality is described on the modern weapons page of the srd:

Automatic Weapon Quality: Modern firearms include a new type of firearm—the automatic firearm. A weapon with the automatic weapon quality fires a burst of bullets with a single pull of the trigger, attacking all creatures in a line. This line starts from any corner of your space and extends to the limit of the weapon’s range or until it strikes a barrier it cannot penetrate. When an automatic weapon attacks all creatures in a line, it makes a separate attack roll against each creature in the line. Each creature in the line can only be attacked with one bullet from each burst. Each attack roll takes a –2 penalty to account for recoil, and its attack damage cannot be modified by precision damage or damage-increasing feats such as Vital Strike. Effects that grant concealment, such as fog or smoke, or the blur, invisibility, or mirror image spells, do not foil an automatic weapon’s line attack. If any of the attack rolls threaten a critical hit, confirm the critical for that attack roll alone. An automatic weapon misfires only if all of the attack rolls made misfire. A single attack with an automatic weapon fires 10 bullets. An automatic weapon cannot fire single bullets that target one creature. When taking a full-attack action with an automatic weapon, you can fire as many bursts in a round as you have attacks.

I highlighted the relevant part. Yes you can use the rapid shot feat with it.

In Savage Company, they do have weapons with single firing mode and automatic weapon quality so you can switch between modes.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

I think I've got ideas for game such as this.Perhaps Smoke, the kobold sniper.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Okay, I am still very interested, possibly in an infantryman--not sure of race yet. My first thought was a goblin pyromaniac with a flamethrower, but I don't really see support for that (either a class that jumps out or an actual flamethrower weapon) listed in the quick start guide. I'm debating going ahead and getting the full PDF... if there'd be more for that sort of character there, I more than likely will :)

Anyway, I very much like what I see here, this sort of setting seems very cool!

EDIT: The other think I saw which looked intriguing was the cavalier archetype focused around vehicles, but there's nothing in the quick start guide about those.
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2020-03-26 at 06:06 PM.
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

So, if I am reading correctly, the way you plan on implementing wild magic is that every time a spell is cast, a SLA is used or a magic item is activated, there is a 100% chance of wild magic. Is there a way to be able to reduce or otherwise mitigate that somewhat? Because that is really brutal otherwise. Even a means of being able to roll twice and take the preferred result would help reduce accidentally screwing over the party every single time magic of any sort is used.

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Kai927 View Post
    So, if I am reading correctly, the way you plan on implementing wild magic is that every time a spell is cast, a SLA is used or a magic item is activated, there is a 100% chance of wild magic. Is there a way to be able to reduce or otherwise mitigate that somewhat? Because that is really brutal otherwise. Even a means of being able to roll twice and take the preferred result would help reduce accidentally screwing over the party every single time magic of any sort is used.
    This is correct, wild magic is on all the time because the world is a wild magic zone since the conflict of the two empires. The main point of, magic is unreliable in the world in general, spellcasting services are basically unheard of. But well, can accommodate to make it more player friendly any time, a triggering event for wild magic might happen, roll 1d100 (50 and under you trigger a Wild magic surge). 51 and above no wild magic surge.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

How does the arcane strike feat interact with this setting?
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

What about something with continous use? Every attack with a magic weapon or whenever you're attacked while wearing magic armor?
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Seems interesting! I'm thinking of a kitsune rogue. spell-like abilities also have wild surge, right?
    also: I would like to play a chronicler, eventually. Could we make it not tied to the pathfinders?
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2020-04-05 at 10:12 PM.