New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Dragon Fall War IC

laucian stood leaning against the wall as he took all the information he could get. he would stop leaning and stand up when the women went to open the door and slowly make his way to the door with the others hoping they knew where to start in the first place. The elf would think there was something differently off about her but shrugs as he had no reason to trust her plus his gut and concepts of healing and protection he faithy would allow to guide him to keep the others alive.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Now outside the pub, Griswald stretches his arms out wide to dispel the stiffness from sitting so long and turns to the others.

"I'm not especially pleased that she dodged so many of my questions, though I still think it would be worthwhile to attempt to track down these items, though I'm less certain about returning them to her. Does anybody have an idea where to start? I can do some sleuthing around town, but something tells me the innkeepers here aren't likely to know much about this."
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Fiaera speaks up "um, i-i've got an idea. Wouldn't they be somewhere magic-y, or something? I-i mean, I don't think they'd be sitting in someone's house..." she mutters a bit afterwards
    I'm either available to respond or asleep. it's basically a 50/50 chance, no matter the hour, no matter the day.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Serenity Nods at the comments, " Should you wish to procure any of these in the future they will be available anytime you ring the bell.

And as you step outside she speaks again.

Five clues I have to give you pay heed for they are what I can offer up for mankinds salvation.

The canopys of ichine, school of oljatt, big seal mountains, sea of dust and on the brink are places to look. But use caution for many dangers there are.

Gumhari is a strange small town near a coastline, there are 2 boats anchored at the docks. It is early morning (6am) the weather is nice with a steady breeze from west to east.
    Many people are milling about near the building you exited which has a sign you can see says inn. If you were to look inside it is not the same as what you left.
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-19 at 12:05 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

and on what was the bar counter now sit a few objects, several small bags with a dragon and cross bones on them, 3 small bottles with a yellowish tint brew inside and 6 rings all with a dragon symbol upon them.
    Pemberton scoops these up as well as the bell (don't think anyone has taken it yet)

So you going to tell us what these are, or do we have to work that out for ourselves?

He pauses and scans the library looking for anything of interest to grab

(1d20)[11] Search +4

So, go find artefacts from the dawn of time before the bad guys do in order to save the world. Sounds tempting. However we have no idea where they are or how they are guarded. Meh. I have a free schedule and this should get me some new material. I'm in.

He steps outside to join the others

Five clues I have to give you pay heed for they are what I can offer up for mankinds salvation.

The canopys of ichine, school of oljatt, big seal mountains, sea of dust and on the brink are places to look. But use caution for many dangers there are

My apologies milady I was under the mistaken impression you had no useful information whatsoever he says dryly
    Last edited by wilphe; 2020-03-19 at 01:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

If you were to look inside it is not the same as what you left.

Of course

He looks at the rest of the group

I would appreciate the chance to find a library or a bookseller in this town and do some research if I can.

He pauses

Also it would be prudent to assume that the Dragon Queen's agents will be aware of and looking for us. We should stay in contact and try not to split up too much.

Does anyone have a means of fast travel or teleport? I suspect walking everywhere may be to slow
    Last edited by wilphe; 2020-03-19 at 03:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    Pemberton scoops up the bell
    (OOC check OOC post #3, the other items were for sale and you can not pick them up without paying for them)

the party has the bell, the map and 5 clues - what do you want to do?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I see that Fiera has it.

It does seem kind of important to me to establish who has it, given that it has limited uses and we may not agree if we should use it or not

For the other items:

What are they and what do they cost?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Searching for clues as to whichever is the closest sounds good. We can check local gatherings for information.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Searching for clues as to whichever is the closest sounds good. We can check local gatherings for information.
    ask around (gather information check (1d20-1)[0] ouch) you show a few people the map asking what might be closest to Gumhari, but they do not understand the names given for many of the places. the Sea of Dust however is known to many as it is about 10 days travel north.
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-20 at 01:31 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Given that Reshgar is going out inquiring, Griswald will do some sleuthing to see if anybody can provide further information about these five locations or clues or whatever they may be as well.

Griswald sets aside 50 silver pieces (5gp) to use to grease some palms, loosen tongues, and jog memories as needed.

Gather information (1d20+6)[24] plus any circumstance bonus 5gp might buy me. (5gp has been removed from Griswald's sheet)
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2020-03-20 at 04:17 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Given that Reshgar is going out inquiring, Griswald will do some sleuthing to see if anybody can provide further information about these five locations or clues or whatever they may be as well.

Griswald sets aside 50 silver pieces (5gp) to use to grease some palms, loosen tongues, and jog memories as needed.

Gather information [roll0] plus any circumstance bonus 5gp might buy me. (5gp has been removed from Griswald's sheet)
    Griswald informs the party that he will meet them back here in a bit, while he goes about asking questions
    You wander around asking (1merchant, 2sailor, 3townsfolk, 4guard and another 5traveler -ooc)
    the merchant has had dealings with a town to the north called satpathar near the sea of dust
    the sailor thinks that someone in Kathi might know more
    the townsfolk runs away from you
    the guard shames you for scaring the townsfolk
    the other traveler thinks you might have better luck asking in Kolgiri

13. - Top - End - #43

NecromancerGuy

Fiaera is going to stick to what she knows, and search for a traveling merchant who she could hire to help her (basically she's looking for an expert she can pay to make Knowledge (geography) checks for her, using the standard price of 15gp per day)

Gather information:
    (1d20-2)[18]

((Edit: was remembering Pathfinder pricing, although I'm pretty sure I remember 3.5 having rules for it somewhere))
    Last edited by Alucard 109; 2020-03-20 at 06:56 PM.
    I'm either available to respond or asleep. it's basically a 50/50 chance, no matter the hour, no matter the day.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

after asking around Fiaera finds a male human that looks at the map and points to five locations and suggests that Fiaera look in each area for what ever it is she is seeking. (see OOC for map details)

15. - Top - End - #45

NecromancerGuy

She's going to spend whatever time she has left until they're supposed to meet up shopping for supplies for the sea of dust, then return to the group to relay what she had found.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    ask around (gather information check [roll0] ouch) you show a few people the map asking what might be closest to Gumhari, but they do not understand the names given for many of the places. the Sea of Dust however is known to many as it is about 10 days travel north.
    That was a statement of what we could do, and not at all an attempt made.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Pemberton speaks to Laucian I would be grateful if you could accompany me if you have no other plans. I don't think it wise for us to go anywhere alone.

Whether Laucian comes or not, Pemberton will hit the booksellers and the libraries to see what he can find, as well as also looking for information on a few other places they aren't going to go to just to muddy the waters

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(1d20)[13] Gather Info +9

(1d20)[5] K/Geo +5

(1d20)[13] K/History +17

Political History of these places, Battles, who is in control (if anyone)

(1d20)[13] K/Arcana +5

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Griswald returns to the pub, the presumed meeting spot and reports his findings to any of the party that return. Having no knowledge of Geography, he has no idea where Kathi or Kolgiri are, and the information gathered doesn't inspire confidence that these locations actually hold any real promise.

19. - Top - End - #49

NecromancerGuy

Fiaera returns as well, giving the group what she had learned, and tracing out a possible path on the map

"B-based off where each location is, I think we should go this way." She gestures to the map, tracing a finger along the closest route to the sea of dust. "T-then, once we find the shard, we could head north east, to this bay here, and sail, here" she points again. "to Tohepmonalia, and then up the river to lake Iehine. A-after that, everything is everything can be reached by sailing around the coast of the continent like so" she traces a neat path to the final three locations.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Well... this is a long way to go, me thinks“ Beoren mentioned after he followed the suggested route. “Since we should hurry, we should find faster way than just walking, right?
    Me's able to accelerate us with some spells, but non of them me has prepared for today... sadly. If we find someone to help us, maybe?
    “ He hoped it wasn't his purse to pay the bill with.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Pemberton reports his findings.

I'd like to exhaust all possible sources of information here before we move but that might already have happened

Staging up towards the Sea of Dust and seeing what we can find out along the way to aid our search sounds like a good plan.

If nothing else we find out which part of the Sea of Dust is the cursed part no one every comes back from and start looking there
    Last edited by wilphe; 2020-03-23 at 02:16 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

the party accepts a merchant order to take some horses to satpathar, the party acquires the light horses which are more than enough for everyone that needs one and enough supplies to last 10 days. and you set out on your trek towards Satpathar the closest city to the sea of dust without actually going into the area, this trip takes 7 days to finish nothing happens on this trip. Satpathar is a large town with a few shops a couple of taverns and inns. It is currently midday and the weather is nice. The party delivers the horses to the local stables and is thanked for the delivery
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-23 at 05:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53

NecromancerGuy

Fiaera is going to spend what she made from the trip on an everlasting rations, which she feels will certainly come in handy in the desert

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    would it be a knowledge nature, knowledge geography, or survival check to learn common dangers of the sea of dust?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Pemberton dismounts at the best inn, having quite enjoyed the long ride and none the worse for wear.

So we wanted to get to here and see if we can find more information and a guide?

I shall take a look around and then hit the taverns.

He enters the inn, makes sure the party can stay there with their horses, taps up the innkeeper for information on the town and heads out, looking for book stores, temples and taverns.

Unless anyone has other plans he will spend the evening performing and finding out the local gossip, with special reference to happenings, rumours and legends about the Sea of Dust

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(1d20)[2] Gather Info+9

(1d20)[11] Perform +17

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard 109 View Post
    Fiaera is going to spend what she made from the trip on an everlasting rations, which she feels will certainly come in handy in the desert
    Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    Pemberton dismounts at the best inn, having quite enjoyed the long ride and none the worse for wear.
    Unless anyone has other plans he will spend the evening performing and finding out the local gossip, with special reference to happenings, rumours and legends about the Sea of Dust
    Fiaera after asking around town about the common dangers of the sea of dust, you learn of a terror that lives somewhere near the forgotten city. there is not a living thing in the entire region so water and food are needed

Pemberton performs for a portion of the night listening to what is said by it's patrons, some talk of a great evil near the sea, others say a great beast lives in the area and a few think it a myth
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-24 at 05:57 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

NecromancerGuy

Fiaera is going to report back to the group, telling them of the likely location, and of the complication they will have to deal with

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Pemberton takes and break from his performance and joins the others So what have you got? I have "Great Evil" near the sea, or "Great Beast" roams the place. Any luck on finding a guide?

28. - Top - End - #58

NecromancerGuy

"n-no... I just found the same thing..."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Griswald will search to see if there are any guides or knowledge of any guides that may be able to help us navigate the Sea of Dust.

Gather Information (1d20+6)[8]

Edit:
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2020-03-25 at 01:21 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Griswald finds one human rough and tough looking that says the might be willing to venture into the sea of dust but they want to know what it is you are looking for so they know where they might need to take you and then they will give you the price for doing so.