New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The Dragon Fall War IC

Until it's close enough to interact with, fiaera is going to take a total defense action

Edit: she'll also circle the party with her move action, and set the dragon as the subject of her Dodge feat, for that extra little bit of AC
    Last edited by Alucard 109; 2020-04-02 at 06:12 PM.
    I'm either available to respond or asleep. it's basically a 50/50 chance, no matter the hour, no matter the day.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Pemberton appraises the new arrival but keeps singing and waits for any hostile move. In the meantime he checks to make sure they aren't all standing in a breath-weapon friendly formation.

Ready Action to Shoot arrow if hostile action

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    ]
    Knowledge Devotion

(1d20)[3] K/Arcana +5

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

You watch as the black beast circles to the north its wings beating up a dust storm as it goes. Then without warning it dives, and from the ground it rises once again in one talon something that looks like a horse. It continues to circle back around towards the party coming again from the west.

(OOC anyone not immune to fear will need a frightful presense/fear (mind effecting) will save dc 47, as it approaches flying about 200 feet away.)
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-04-02 at 11:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94

NecromancerGuy

Will save

(1d20+7)[10]

"i-i-i d-dont think we're ready f-for this..."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    ... When this character dies, I'm going to make a wizard.
    Last edited by Alucard 109; 2020-04-03 at 01:25 AM.
    I'm either available to respond or asleep. it's basically a 50/50 chance, no matter the hour, no matter the day.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

(1d20)[19] Will+11

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Griswald's will save (1d20+13)[19].
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

7. - Top - End - #97

NecromancerGuy

Fiaera is going to book it, sprinting away from the dragon

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

As the Black Beast approaches, A bright Glint in the sky overhead catches your attention. Golden Scales cover its smooth body, twin horns that sweep back from its nose and brow. Twin frills adorn its long neck, and whiskers around its mouth look like the barbels of a catfish. Its sail like wings start at its shoulders and trace down to the tip of its tail. [Black Fear check (1d20+19)[26] DC 41]
    Bite attack on black (1d20+41)[46] 2 claw attack on black (1d20+41)[56] bite damage (4d8+11)[24], claw damage (3d6+5)[16]

Edit*

The black dragon reels in pain screeching as it frees it self from the attacker, then turns and starts flying off to the west where it came from roaring as it goes.
    the golden beast landing near the shaken party, speaking in common. "I am Meraxes right hand to Bahamut himself, Mortals you are most fortunate that I just happen to gate nearby. The dark one would have slaughtered you were it not for my actions. You should be more careful in the places that you travel. You should spend time training up before taking on such an opponent. I have work that needs done and I must leave for my mission is of grave importance and I have already taken to much time here. Seek out Serenity for she knows all. Farewell Mortals
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-04-03 at 11:28 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Pemberton tries a couple times to replace his arrow in the quiver, having some difficulty controlling his trembling and bows before Meraxes

Thank you Milord Meraxes. However we were told that our quest was of some urgency. If we are not capable enough for the task assigned then why would be asked to undertake it considering the stakes involved? Especially as how Lord Bahamut has servants as mighty as yourself.

Further if Serenity does indeed know all she has been remarkably unwilling to share that information with us, so we have no reason to think that asking her would in anyway be useful.

But if it is indeed your counsel that we train up before continuing this quest, then I guess we can go find some goblins to kill. I hope the world doesn't end whilst we are doing that.