Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Rogue Trader: The Halo Stars [IC]

The wicked cold seemed, to Iskarya, like the unholy chill that came with the Mandrakes in Commorragh. It was soul-numbing, piercing the fitted form of her black armor – even as the barbs and needles within the armor that burrowed into her flesh to tickle nerve clusters allowed that cold to seep even deeper into her flesh.

But the exiled Kabalite was not one to show weakness, especially in front of the mon-keigh, so she simply ranged ahead, following Ghost as he loped towards the sounds of conflict. Hopefully, some physical exertion would be enough to keep her ancient blood from freezing in her black veins.

The shardcarbine was up, and ready as Iskarya moved swiftly behind the Kroot. Keeping a keen eye out for hostiles.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Awareness (1d100)[67] TN 60
    Concealment (1d100)[52] TN 51 (71 if the Night Cloak's +20 to Concealment applies in dark areas)
    Silent Move (1d100)[86] TN 61

Last edited by Erulasto; 2020-04-07 at 12:22 AM.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

As the group unanimously decides to draw weapons and approach the gunfire, the two xenos, naturally being the most expendable, make their way to the front. Ar'khaat's chameleon skin and light footsteps soon make him all but invisible amidst the steadily-darkening winter landscape, but Iskarya's armor is still black enough to stand out amidst the white and grey, her armored boots making audible crunching noises in the snow despite her best efforts. As the entire group makes its cautious advance, the sound of gunfire gets louder and yet more intermittent, interspersed with a faint hissing echoing easily through the rocks. Faint shouting, or what might be screaming, can be heard over the wind.

The small group moves quickly up a nearby rock formation that seems like it would give a vantage point over the immediate area. They are almost halfway up when a hideous shriek that obviously came from no human throat blasts across the valley, warbling inconsistently between a high-pitched, pained wail and a deep-throated hungry roar. Immediately following that come the sound of several less powerful but equally as insistent screams, and gunfire rises in intensity. Just before Ar'khaat is able to crest the hill and get a view of the situation, the autoguns fall ominously silent. As he peaks it, and others soon after, what greets him is a grisly sight. What looks to be about half a dozen humans in bright white jumpsuits and improvised bronze armor are scattered amidst the snow and rock a good distance further down the valley floor. A seventh limp form is being ravenously torn into by some manner of alien foulness perhaps three times the height of a man. With three pairs of bulging arms, extended jaws that appear all but detached from the rest of its face, a quadrupedal reptilian lower half, and mottled brownish-green skin, this beast is an awful thing indeed. But it isn't the only thing present. As the six beings look on, several more shapes seem to materialize from the many stony peaks and crevices surrounding the downed humans. Even from this distance it is possible to make out their nature - Eldar.

There can be no mistaking it. Though their armor is a stark greyish-white save for black pauldrons and helm edged with a bright blue in sharp contrast to Iskarya's dark plate, there is no confusing the design similarities nor the weapons they carry. Most of all, no one could fail to notice the same sleek way that they move, each step imbued with a dancer's grace just touched with an edge of predatory eagerness. There are three of them in view, descending from a perch amidst a different snow-covered rock face with such ease that they almost appear to be gliding. Except for a straggler, who even at this distance seems to have just a touch of deep crimson on its white-armored leg and appears to be limping. They don't seem to have spotted the new arrivals yet, their attentions apparently entirely given over to the humans laying sprawled out on the rocky ground.

Spoiler: All
    Show
    You all can get a surprise round now, at approximately 120m from the Dark Eldar below. Or you can try and sneak up closer to them to them, but that allows them the chance to try and detect you. Choose wisely.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Iskarya was, for a moment, halted as she crested the hill behind Ghost. Seeing the monstrous creature tearing through the Mon-keigh was a pleasing to the exiled Kabalite, but if the hostility was turned towards them, she was not as keen on engaging it herself.

The hue of the armor was not immediately familiar to Iskarya, but the Kabal or Coven that these Drukhari served did not matter as much. They were still potential enemies. But, if nothing else, she grinned wolfishly at the prospect of taking some spoils of war from their corpses. Drukhari armaments were not easy to come by as an exile.

And no soul tasted as sweet at the moment of agonized death as that of her own kin.

They were, for the moment, out of range of her weaponry. But whether Baltasar had planned on their crew advancing closer was yet to be decided.

Iskarya dropped to a low crouch, shardcarbine held at the ready as the exiled kabalite warrior watched the ensuing scuffle with rapt attention and glee at the violent bloodshed hidden behind the imposing mask of her helmet.

”Are we to engage in battle now, my Lord?” Iskarya asked of Baltasar. He could, perhaps, make out the nuanced giddiness at the prospect in her cold tone.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Verg didn't say anything. He merely took aim at the closest of the Dark Eldar not named Iskarya. The beast was new though. Verg wanted to dissect the thing, and see if it was some new xenos species, or some bio-engineered weapon that the Dark Eldar had created.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Upon cresting the hill and seeing the scene before them, Ambrus does his best to bunker himself down between some of the rocks and sets up his pulse rifle. He takes aim at whichever of the xenos group appears to be its leader and awaits instructions from the Captain on what their plan of attack would be.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Perception to try and see if there's any others that might be sneaking around: (1d100)[43] vs TN 59
    Full Action: Aim

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Baltasar unsheated his power sword, nodding.
    "A ground littered with corpses is enough of a business card. But let's leave the limping one alive- he should help provide info on what the hell is happening. And fire away on the beast, I don't want it anywhere near us while alive" he said, before creeping towards them.
    "I've got the bad feeling that they might kill the wounded one since it's slowing them down... Dunno if it's something eldars do. Ghost, you can take a shot even from here right? If you notice something like that shoot freely, it would be harder to take one of the others alive"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    You all should probably go before me, since I don't have any skill to stealth around. At least those who have it. Anyway, stealth check! Can't remember the name vs TN 23

(1d100)[97]

I'm sticking to covers.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-04-08 at 01:41 PM.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Jellicle Ball is recruiting!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Ar'khaat doesn't bother to answer Balthasar, creeping along in the shadow of the snow-covered cliffs towards the fight. When the others open fire and start drawing attention, it would give him the chance he needs to close to combat range. The Boss wants at least one of them alive, apparently, and Ar'khaat would do his best to comply; shock mauls weren't the most precise of instruments in that regard, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sabina, not seeing much use of her skills elects to simply hunker down and see what happens.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Seconds tick anxiously by as some of the intrepid explorers opt to attempt to close in on the foul aliens without being detected. Creeping between jagged outcroppings of rock, praying that the wind drowns out the sounds of boots on snow, is no task for the faint of heart. Every step from the beginning is accompanied by the sounds of tearing flesh and muted grunting, hot blood splashing audibly across the ground as the titanic beast takes its fill. For those who still have a heart, the situation grows steadily worse as the sounds of human screaming begin to intermingle with the bloody feast, accompanied by the occasional musical bark of alien laughter.

As they get close, the tearing ceases, leaving the wind and shrieks carried upon it as the only ambiance. Peering out from where they crouch in low cover much closer to the Eldar, the explorers can see the three aliens hunched over several writhing humans, apparently making a game of slicing them with obviously poisoned knives according to the outcome of some black metal icosahedron. The towering monster, jaws and a pair of forearms now soaking with softly steaming blood, starts towards one of the humans they haven't gotten to yet. Almost instantly, one of the three rounds on it.

"Síos, a mhon-cias!" The white-armored Eldar snaps at the creature easily thrice as high at itself, with arms as thick as its thin xenos body. "Bhí do scair agat!"

The creature backs down easily, cringing back from the small alien like a whipped cur.

Show
    Anyone creeping forwards can get to within 30m of the closest Dark Eldar and 35m from the giant beast before the terrain become open enough that sneaking closer is nearly impossible. You still have a surprise round available.

Spoiler: Those who speak Dark Eldar
    Show
    The alien said "Down you mongrel! You've had your share!"

Spoiler: Ambrus
    Show
    As you creep slowly forwards, you scan the area around you for hidden threats. It takes a minute, but a telltale gleam of the fading sun on metal draws your eyes to one of the rock formations that the Eldar descended from. Nestled on top on its alien stomach, white armor seemingly all but one with the packed snow, is a fourth Eldar with an oddly elongated rifle. Unlike the others, this one doesn't seem to be breaking cover to play with the humans.
    -Me

10. - Top - End - #70

RangerGuy

Over the micro-bead, Ambrus quietly whispers, "Hostile sniper on overwatch. Give me a moment, and on my mark once you're in position, we move."

He then adjusts his position slightly to adjust his aim to the Eldar with the long rifle. As the others slowly pick their way forward, he takes his time to observe his foe through the optics of the xenos weapon. Once everyone is in position as close as they can get, a few lengthy seconds go by as he slows his breathing, concentrates on his target, and finally pulls the trigger of his pulse rifle. A hail of fully-automatic pulses of plasma flies toward the sniper, signifying Ambrus' certainty that there could be no question about removing that threat before it might cause any of them harm. It was probably overkill, but it was better safe than sorry when dealing with Eldar with what appeared to be sniper weapons.

Show
    Forbidden Lore (Xenos) to try and figure out what the rifle is: (1d100)[36] vs TN 60

Full Round: Aim (Delaying)
    Half: Full-Auto Attack | (1d100)[20] vs TN 117 (BS 47 + 20 Full Auto + 30 Surprised + 20 Aim)

Up to 4 shots can connect.
    Damage 1: (2d10)[8][3](11)+3 | 14 Pen 4 Head
    Damage 2: (2d10)[8][5](13)+3 | 16 Pen 4 Head
    Damage 3: (2d10)[8][1](9)+3 | 12 Pen 4 Arm
    Damage 4: (2d10)[8][7](15)+3 | 18 Pen 4 Body

Possible Righteous Furies:
    (1d100)[17] vs TN 117 | (1d10)[7]
    (1d100)[71] vs TN 117 | (1d10)[1]
    (1d100)[68] vs TN 117 | (1d10)[6]
    (1d100)[69] vs TN 117 | (1d10)[3]
    (1d100)[15] vs TN 117 | (1d10)[5]
    (1d100)[78] vs TN 117 | (1d10)[4]
    Last edited by Janwin; 2020-04-14 at 10:50 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

"Everyone, as Ambrus said" Baltasar whispered to them and took position waiting for Ambrus sign, sheating the sword and pulling out his other gun, ready to jump up.

Spoiler: all the rolls
    Show
    So, I've got an autopistol, a laspistol and a Good Handcannon connected tl the MIU.

The Autocannon shoots in Full Auto:
    To hit (1d100)[50] vs TN 91 (assuming +30 for surprise)

Damage up to six hits with pen 0:
    (1d10+2)[11]
    (1d10+2)[4]
    (1d10+2)[4]
    (1d10+2)[8]
    (1d10+2)[7]
    (1d10+2)[7]

The laspistol shoots in Single:
    (1d100)[94] vs. TN 71

Damage pen 0: (1d10+2)[11]

The hand cannon shoots in single:
    (1d100)[72] vs TN 71

Damage (1d10+4)[13] pen 2

All the hits are on the nearest Eldar- possibly not the limping one homewever.

Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Jellicle Ball is recruiting!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Verg opens fire on Eldar tormenting the humans, confident that the barrage Ambrus released eliminated the sniper.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Semi-Auto into the Eldar

(1d100)[17] vs 45+20 (Aim)+10 (Semi-Auto)+30 (Surprised)=105. 1 additional Hit per 2 degrees of success, max 3.

Damage
    (1d10+4)[13] Pen 7 Hits (1d100)[66] Body!

(1d10+4)[14] Pen 7 Hits Body! Righteous Fury! for +7 Damage

(1d10+4)[8] Pen 7 Hits Arm!

(1d10+4)[11] Pen 7 Hits Head!

Righteous Fury
    (1d10)[7]
    (1d10)[8]
    (1d10)[7]
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2020-04-14 at 09:03 PM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Iskarya crept towards the fight, low and swift. Her ears pricked at the coldly beautiful tongue of her people, and the words brought a grin of vile pleasure to her masked features. Of course. It was the pet of the Haemonculus covens that dwelt in the Dark City.

The exiled Kabalite all but ignored the voices of her comrades over the vox, instead carefully lining up her shardcarbine towards the monstrosity. If anything, that was the target that would likely be the most deadly to them.

A heart-beat later, Iskarya opened fire on the beast, her shardcarbine silently releasing a salvo of toxin-infused splinters.

Show

Semi-Auto Burst of 3 shots.

Shot 1 (1d100)[15] TN 54
    Damage (1d10+4)[9] Pen 3
    Shot 2 (1d100)[40] TN 54
    Damage (1d10+4)[11] Pen 3
    Shot 3 (1d100)[28] TN 54
    Damage (1d10+4)[10] Pen 3

Storm weapon doubles successful hits. Toxic is a Toughness test at -5 per degree of success or take Impact damage.

Possible Poison Damage Rolls?
    (1d10)[2]
    (1d10)[4]
    (1d10)[7]

Dodge if attacked this round…

(1d100)[70] TN 61

14. - Top - End - #74

Ar'khaat continues to skulk closer to the Eldar raiders, his skin mottled with blue and white in a perfect blending pattern against the snow and ice. The distraction of his allies should, with luck, let him get into range to attack an unwary target.

Show

Full move towards the nearest enemy.
    Concealment: (1d100)[53] vs. 80

Fate, if necessary on a failure: (1d100)[14]
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

The mountain valley erupts in a sudden blaze, cruel alien laughter cut off by the righteous blaze of weaponry. Balls of burning blue plasma fly overhead, catching the perfidious Eldar nestled atop his perch before he even has a chance to scream. His armor seared through and his xenos flesh boiled away in milliseconds, the smoking remains of his carcass are already tumbling down the rock face when more gunfire erupts from below. Baltasar erupts into a veritable storm of energy and ballistics, firing three guns simultaneously into the distracted xenos warriors. While many of his shots go wide of the mark, several bullets from his autopistol rake an Eldar across the chest and it drops to the ground. Verg opts for a more controlled spread, firing several las blasts in quick succession at a second foe, burning several holes through its chest armor and in one case right out through the other side. Needless to say, that alien likewise falls and does not rise. Iskarya's slender but elegant weapon ignores her kin and opts to spit several razor-thin shards of toxic crystalline ammunition precisely into the towering monstrosity, neatly penetrating its hide right about where she calculates its vitals might be.

The apparent sole survivor of the initial barrage, the Eldar with a visible and bloody wound about his leg, immediately snaps to attention as his comrades die around him. With reflexes doubtless honed by uncounted years of bloody internecine warfare on the streets of Commorragh, he takes a rolling dive across the ground for the nearest cover, a pistol appearing to match the blade in his hands before he has even gotten back to his feet. Meanwhile, the flesh-eating brute simply starts forward, apparently unconcerned about the poisonous crystals embedded in its torso.

Show
    Proper combat begins now. Please roll initiative in the OOC thread.

Kabalite Warrior Initative: (1d10+15)[21]

Monster Initiative: (1d10+4)[9]

Awareness vs. Ar'khaat: (1d100)[53] vs. 45
    -Me

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

No Haemonculi-crafted monstrosity would go down in the first volley - of that, Iskarya was sure. So its lumbering approach was no surprise.

Skipping back to keep distance between herself and the beast, the exiled Kabalite fired once more at its advancing bulk.

Show

Single Shot (1d100)[10] TN 54
    (1d10+4)[5] Pen 3
    -5/hit Toughness test or take (1d10)[7] impact damage.
    Storm doubles hits.

17. - Top - End - #77

With a high-pitched feral shriek, Ar'khaat bursts from his stalking crouch and flings himself through the air at the crouching Eldar, power maul sweeping in for a brutal and carefully calculated strike. If he can take this one alive, he will - there will be plenty of meat to feast upon from the other dead enemies.

Show

Charging and attacking.
    WS vs. 58,+5 Weapon, +10 Charge, +30 Unaware, total 103. (1d100)[37] 6.6 Degrees of success.

On a successful hit, using Take Them Alive to trade -4 damage for 4 Fatigue.
    1d10+11=12 Energy, Pen 4.
    If the damage doesn't kill him and 4 Fatigue doesn't knock him unconscious, a Toughness test (+0) or be Stunned for 1 round per DoF.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2020-04-19 at 09:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

The white-armored Eldar, thrust suddenly back into combat with his companions slain and only a monster by his side, reacts with speed and sureness suggesting this is not his first time in this situation. The splinter pistol in his hand is already targeting the human that made the most noise - Baltasar and his three guns - with hissing shards of poisonous crystal.

"Maraigh iad go léir!" he screams simultaneously at the towering brute. "A-"

Whatever else he intended to say is cut off by the sudden appearance of a screaming, mottled white and grey Kroot brandishing a crackling maul. Before the xenos has time to do more than jerk his helmeted head in the vague direction of this latest enemy, Ar'khaat's sweeping blow knocks his already-injured right leg right out from under him. The Eldar warrior falls face-first into the snow, and does not get up.

Show
    Semi-Auto Burst with Splinter Pistol against Baltasar: (1d100)[58] vs. 51, additional hit for every 2 DoS, maximum three.

Damage: (1d10+2)[5], Pen 3
    (1d10+2)[10], Pen 3
    (1d10+2)[3], Pen 3

-5/hit Toughness test or take (1d10)[1] impact damage.

Since he doesn't know Ar'khaat is there, he doesn't get a reaction.

Spoiler: Dark Eldar Speakers
    Show
    "Kill them all!" said in a noticeably hurried manner.
    -Me

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Verg switched his aim to the monstrosity and opened fire upon it.

Show
    Semi-Auto shots

To hit (1d100)[24] vs 55 (45 base+10 Semi-Auto) 1 additional Hit per 2 degrees of success, max 3.

Damage: (1d10+4)[10] Pen 7 Hits (1d100)[36] Body!

Damage: (1d10+4)[11] Pen 7 Hits Body!

Damage: (1d10+4)[13] Pen 7 Hits

Rightious Fury
    (1d10)[3]
    (1d10)[5]
    (1d10)[8]

Ammo Count: 27 => 24
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2020-04-20 at 01:59 AM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Baltasar stood his ground, trailing his guns on the giant monster.
    "Can those that speak Eldar make him understand the position he's in!?" Baltasar said, trailing his guns on the monster.

Show
    So, I've got an autopistol, a laspistol and a Good Handcannon connected to the MIU.

The Autocannon shoots in Full Auto:
    To hit (1d100)[26] vs TN 61

Damage up to six hits with pen 0:
    (1d10+2)[6]
    (1d10+2)[7]
    (1d10+2)[11]
    (1d10+2)[5]
    (1d10+2)[9]
    (1d10+2)[12]

The laspistol shoots in Single:
    (1d100)[68] vs. TN 41

Damage pen 0: (1d10+2)[12]

(1d100)[12] vs TN 41

Damage (1d10+4)[9] pen 2

At the giant monster!

21. - Top - End - #81

RangerGuy

"Looks like Ar'khaat took him down, so I think he knows now. Bring down the beast! I doubt that can be reasoned with!"

He shifts his target to the massive monstrosity, and opens fire once again.

Show

Half Round: Aim
    Half: Full-Auto Attack | (1d100)[24] vs TN 77 (BS 47 + 20 Full Auto + 10 Aim)
    Fate (if needed): (1d100)[82]

Up to 4 shots can connect.
    Damage 1: (2d10)[14]+3 |
    Damage 2: (2d10)[16]+3 |
    Damage 3: (2d10)[14]+3 |
    Damage 4: (2d10)[4]+3 |

Messed up my rolls. Needed to use rollv for the purpose of knowing if Righteous Fury. Rerolled in OOC with correct code.

Damage 1: (2d10)[10][1](11)+3 | 26 Pen 4 to the Body
    Damage 2: (2d10)[2][4](6)+3 | 12 Pen 4 to the Body
    Damage 3: (2d10)[5][9](14)+3 | 17 Pen 4 to the Arm
    Damage 4: (2d10)[4][5](9)+3 | 12 Pen 4 to the Head

Possible Righteous Furies:
    (1d100)[65] vs TN 77 | (1d10)[10]
    (1d100)[1] vs TN 77 | (1d10)[2]
    (1d100)[96] vs TN 77 | (1d10)[3]
    (1d100)[46] vs TN 77 | (1d10)[4]
    (1d100)[51] vs TN 77 | (1d10)[1]
    (1d100)[71] vs TN 77 | (1d10)[10]

Ammo: 28/36
    Last edited by Janwin; 2020-04-24 at 09:27 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Poisonous crystalline shards, bullets, beams of energy, and balls of plasma all rake across the thick hide of the Eldar's monstrous beast, punching and burning ragged holes into its flesh. Smoke, black and oily, drifts out of the wounds like some kind of gaseous blood, but the monster does not fall. Instead it shrieks like a starving hawk about to set upon meat and bounds forward on its four legs, using its lowermost pair of arms for even further speed, hurrying towards its downed master's side. The ground beneath Ar'khaat shakes with every step and as the roaring, screaming beast comes within arm's reach, it lashes out simultaneously with all three pairs of arms, fists the size of a human body raining an avalanche of blows down upon the Kroot.

Show
    Full Action: Charge against Ar'khaat. The monster's multiple pairs of arms grant it one extra attack per pair each time it attacks, even when charging.

Charge: (1d100)[94] vs. 55
    (1d100)[78] vs. 55
    (1d100)[95] vs. 55

For every attack that hits:
    (1d10+16)[20], Pen 2
    (1d10+16)[21], Pen 2
    (1d10+16)[25], Pen 2
    -Me

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

From an ideally safe vantage point Sabina watches the rest of the group at work, cheering them on at a reasonable volume as so not to reveal her presence and likely immediate demise.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Iskarya hissed in disgust. That the loping monstrosity still stood was aggravating, though the exiled Kabalite still felt a pang of amused wonder at the ferocity of it. The Haemonculi did good work.

Seeing it abruptly turn and besr down on Ghost, Iskarya howled with glee. Slinging her shardcarbine over her shoulder by its strap, she leapt forward into a serpent-swift charge. The power field on her savage agonizer talon flared to life as she sought to carve into the beasts hide.

Show

Charge Action
    (1d100)[77] TN 69
    Damage (1d10+8)[10]E, Pen 7

Dodge if necessary (1d100)[76] TN 61

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

With so many allies near the monstrosity, Verg decides to switch to single fire to ensure there is no friendly fire. He takes careful aim, and takes a shot.

Show
    (1d100)[60] vs 55 (45+10 for Aim)

Damage: (1d10+4)[10] Pen 7 Hits (1d100)[15]

Righteous Glory
    (1d10)[4]

Ammo: 24 => 23
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2020-05-01 at 12:29 AM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

26. - Top - End - #86

Ar'khaat calmly watches the monstrosity bear down on him, not even flinching as it flails haphazardly in his general direction with its claws. Adding insult to injury, he disdainfully turns his back on the creature to examine the downed Eldar's vital signs. Whatever he finds doesn't appear to please him, but he gathers up its discarded weapons even as his skin blends into the blue-white hues of the snowfields once again, disappearing into thin air before the monster's frustrated eyes.

Show

Half action to check vitals, half action to pick up weapons, Free action to Conceal.

8.2 DoS on the Concealment check.

Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2020-04-29 at 11:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

RangerGuy

As the monstrosity doesn't go down in the barrage of fire from his xenos rifle, Ambrus is briefly surprised. I had heard stories about the creatures these Eldar create, but I always assumed they were exaggerations...

When Iskarya charges into combat with the monster, he curses under his breath and switches his xenos rifle over to semi-automatic. Continuing his rate of fire would pose an unnecessary danger to their xenos ally, and he didn't look forward to the idea of having to watch his back more than usual for the next few weeks if a stray shot were to hit her.

Show
    Half Action: Aim
    Half Action: Standard Attack

Attack: (1d100)[15] vs TN 57 (BS 47 + 10 Aim)
    Damage: (2d10)[5][9](14)+3 | 17 Pen 4 to the Body

Possible Righteous Fury:
    (1d100)[15] vs TN 57 | (1d10)[7] (1d10)[1] (1d10)[5]

Ammo: 27/36
    Last edited by Janwin; 2020-04-30 at 10:01 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Baltasar holstered a gun and pulled out his sword.
    "Come on, it's almost down! I sure of it!" with that he shot a single bullet from his handcannon.

Show
    Changing from las pistol to power sword while shooting the Good Handcannon connected to the MIU.

(1d100)[51] vs TN 21 (not considering anything besides -20 because of melee)

Damage (1d10+4)[6] pen 2

At the giant monster!

Also +10% to Iskarya's next test

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

The incoming fire slackens as the explorers further back slow their shots to attempt to avoid hitting their own comrades, and while not hitting the titanic beast seems all but impossible, far fewer of their projectiles seem to be getting through its thick hide or drawing its gaseous "blood". Iskarya too learns this lesson when she rams her Agonizer Talon onto what seems like a vulnerable joint on one of the beast's legs, only for it to bite on shallowly, drawing modest amounts of oily black gas at best. In turn, with the sudden apparent vanishing of Ar'khaat, the monster's attention immediately falls on the lone Eldar not wearing the colors of its masters. The beast doesn't hesitate to attack her, raising its torso high up above her head before bringing down all six of fists in a single sledgehammer blow.

Show
    Full Action: All Out Attack vs. Iskarya

Attack: (1d100)[52] vs. 65
    (1d100)[27] vs. 65
    (1d100)[18] vs. 65

For every attack that hits:
    (1d10+16)[21], Pen 0
    (1d10+16)[17], Pen 0
    (1d10+16)[23], Pen 0
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2020-05-03 at 12:00 AM.
    -Me

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Verg opens fire once again, as he mentally begins to run down what he knows of Dark Eldar biology and what he can do to reattach a missing limb.

Show
    (1d100)[12] vs 65 (45+10 for Aim+10 for Hulking)

Damage: (1d10+4)[9] Pen 7 Hits (1d100)[52] Body!

Righteous Glory
    (1d10)[7]

Ammo: 23 => 22
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2020-05-14 at 12:41 PM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show