New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Rogue Trader: The Halo Stars [IC]

Ar'kaat gives another piercing war-screech as he leaps up at the back of the vat-brute's unprotected head, swinging his maul with all the force he can muster.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Making a Called Shot against the Head.
    (1d100)[31] vs. 58+5 Weapon+30 Unaware+10 Size = 103.
    Damage of (1d10+15)[20], test vs. Toughness or be Stunned.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

From her vantage point, Sabina continues to watch the battle, debating if maybe her laspistol could bring down the giant monster. Probably not.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Even as it comes down on Iskarya like the wrath of an angry god, the beast is struck by more deadly blasts of energy, a Kroot warrior seeming to leap from nowhere onto its back. As it roars in equal parts pain and surprise, the savage xenos lands a vicious blow to the base of its skull, tearing open its thick hide. Ar'kaat is rewarded with a thick cloud of inky black smoke right in his face, a foul odor of rancid meat and inedible chemicals filling his nostrils. The monstrosity staggers, struggling to balance on its many limbs, before at last surrendering to the inevitable. Ar'kaat hops free of the creature just as it stumbles and collapsing onto the icy ground with a good deal less of an impact than its sheer size would suggest. Even as the hesitant survivors look on, its aspect rapidly diminishes, more and more smoke pouring from its body until a virtual column of the disgusting, oily stuff is reaching for the sky. The next moment the wind picks up, and the black smog vanishes as if it had never been. The bodies of humans and Eldar, some twitching and moaning, now lie sprawled out across the clearing, but of the titanic monster there isn't the slightest trace remaining.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing that the coast is now clear, Sabina shuffles her way down to the rest of the group.
    "Well, smashing job everyone, excellent use of extreme violence...and the xenos did well too I suppose."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

That was an interesting phenomenon. Some form of self destruct? But why bother? Verg muttered, walking down to the dropped Eldar. He headed towards the incapacitated Eldar, planning on securing it.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Ar'khaat gives a human-like shrug and turns away from the oily stain. "Nothing left to eat. Who carrrrrres?"

Leaving the incapacitated-but-alive Drukkari to Verg, the Kroot instead turns to one of the dead Eldar and tears off a handful of meat to sample. Pronouncing it acceptable, he takes out his butchery knives and begins carving off the choicest bits of the lean, lanky xenos's flesh.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sabina shivers uncomfortably, a combination of the cold and watching the Kroot start butchering one of the bodies. She unfolds her fan and uses it to block the latter from her vision. "Right, so I um...where to next Captain?"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

As Verg moves forward to secure the wounded Eldar, he finds that the hateful xenos scum is no position to resist him. Dark red blood continues to ooze out of its wounded leg as he binds its limp hands, tainting the snow with such a deep crimson it appears almost black. His white-grey armor is covered in an unnecessary amount of spikes and blades though, such that making such he can't use them to cut his way out of any bonds is a challenge in and of itself. Ar'khaat for his part finds the meat of Eldar to be rather stringy and tinged with strange chemical substances. Not quite inedible, but odd tasting and probably not the best choice for a long-term diet.

Speaking of xenos scum, Baltasar and Ambrus are kneeling over the limp form of their own pet Eldar. Iskayra lies where she fell beneath the fists of the beast, dark blood and black armor blending together easily. The Rogue Trader and his second are engaged in hushed conversation, as though debating over whether she is salvageable or not. When Sabina gets close enough to be heard, Baltasar looks up at her.

"We're taking Iskayra back up before she bleeds out or freezes to death," the Rogue Trader tells the Astropath. ""I want you lot to keep going. See what all this is about and..." he looks around at the human bodies, clothed in white, laying sprawled out across the clearing. "See if these men have anything to say."
    -Me

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

"By your word Captain. Shall I contact the teleportarium or would you prefer a shuttle be sent down?" She looks down at one of the twitching human bodies. "That said, are you planning on press ganging these ones? Because I could find out everything, but I cannot guarantee they will survive the process."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

I recommend taking our prisoner with you. An open field is not conductive to a proper interrogation. Verg suggested, dragging the fall Dark Eldar over.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing the good captain is distracted, Sabina walks over to whichever wounded human is looks to be the highest rank and still alive. "Hello there. I understand you seem to be in a bit of distress, but I was hoping you'd be able to say, give a bit of an explanation as to why you were in a battle for your lives with a collections of xenos. There might just be medical attention in it for you..." she asks, crouching down next to them.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

"Wasn't planning on press-ganging them..." Baltasar mutters, before shaking his head. "Anyway, call a shuttle and tell them to bring medical servitors. She's lost a lot of blood. And some restraints for that one." He indicates the white-armored Eldar, who continues to slowly ooze dark red blood onto the snow.

The human dressed in the fanciest of their thick white clothing, even accented with fur, continues to twitch and moan from where he lies on the ice, blackened wounds visible where the xenos knife was almost delicately sliced across his skin. He struggles to sit up for a moment, pressing himself onto his elbows, before collapsing onto his back once again with a miserable-sounding groan. It's hard for anyone to make out his expression between the goggles over his eyes and the cloth covering most of his lower face, but from the sound of his voice, he isn't too happy.

"We... live here..." he pants in response to Sabina's question. "Generations... waiting... They attacked... no warning..." He gasps audible for air. "Weeks ago... in and out..." here has to pause for still more air. "This is... our home..."
    -Me

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Verg moves towards the wounded man, idly scanning him to see how injured he or any of his companions is.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Medicare check (1d100)[4]
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

"...Hmph, a raiding party of some sort. Iskayra may be more knowledgeable. Tell me, is there anything of any value on the planet? I mean, to xenos, like a facility of some sort?" Sabina hopes to parse a little more information out before she sends a message up to the ship.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

"Help us... damn you..." the injured man wheezes up at the astropath. "Others... not far..." He manages to point a single, trembling finger towards the west, where the sun is setting and the grey structure emerges from a mountainside. "Get help... before more come."

Spoiler: Verg
    Show
    The men (and one woman) are obviously in a great deal of pain, deathly pallid skin crisscrossed with blackening veins. Most of them aren't fit to speak, much less walk, mostly twitching on the ground with faces contorted into what the Eldar obviously felt were amusing pictures of silent agony. Looking carefully over them, though, you notice pretty clearly that the aliens avoided fatalities wherever possible. The poisoned cuts are only skin deep, what shards of toxic crystals you can see are embedded far from anything vital. Only one of the eight humans is actually dead. The others won't be going anywhere fast and have much to suffer, but they don't seem like they're going to expire any time soon unless they freeze to death.
    -Me

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

"...No need to be rude." Sabina says, getting to her feet. She takes a few steps aside to a clear spot and unfolds her fan. Any observer nearby watches as she begins to move her body in a slow graceful dance, as she calms herself in preparation for an Astral Telepathic message back to the ship.

(1d100)[45] Invocation Target 74

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now properly focused and calmed, Sabina holds her arms wide as her eyes begin to glow a gradually growing stronger purple, as she carefully prods her mind into the churning storm of the warp, her target being Ordoius, currently standing on the bridge. As she is projecting her own voice into the warp, those who can hear her speak feel a strange array of emotions, covering the entire spectrum of humanity, her refined high gothic becoming warped and unusual, but calming at the same time.

"Ordoius...thy Mistress speaks."
    Last edited by MechaMaestro; 2020-07-16 at 10:01 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

(1d100)[11] Target 89 (WP 44+25 (Buffed Psy Rating of 5 due to successful Invocation Roll)+20 Routine)

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

"My lady," comes Ordoius' reply a few seconds later. "How may I be of service to you this day?"

Meanwhile, from high above in the darkening sky, there comes a sound like a wailing banshee. A horrible, shrieking wail of a thousand souls being torn apart mixing with the groan of tearing metal. Anyone looking up sees a flash of some impossibly dark light, followed by a brilliant orange fireball. Baltasar, still trying to staunch the worst of Iskayra's bleeding, winces as the burning wreckage of what looks uncomfortably like part of an Imperial craft crashes into a mountainside, raining debris down its slopes.

"Sabina, make it quick," he calls over to her, eyes looking up as though become unpleasantly aware of just how exposed the group is from the air.
    -Me

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    "Help us... damn you..." the injured man wheezes up at the astropath. "Others... not far..." He manages to point a single, trembling finger towards the west, where the sun is setting and the grey structure emerges from a mountainside. "Get help... before more come."

Spoiler: Verg
    Show
    The men (and one woman) are obviously in a great deal of pain, deathly pallid skin crisscrossed with blackening veins. Most of them aren't fit to speak, much less walk, mostly twitching on the ground with faces contorted into what the Eldar obviously felt were amusing pictures of silent agony. Looking carefully over them, though, you notice pretty clearly that the aliens avoided fatalities wherever possible. The poisoned cuts are only skin deep, what shards of toxic crystals you can see are embedded far from anything vital. Only one of the eight humans is actually dead. The others won't be going anywhere fast and have much to suffer, but they don't seem like they're going to expire any time soon unless they freeze to death.
    The poison should be non-fatal, no matter how agonizing it is. Verg informs the man. However, you will likely freeze to death before the effects fade. What cold weather gear do you possess?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Our illustrious Captain requires the following, Sabina begins, "A light transport shuttle, medical servitors, and a couple of ratings to take control of a captured xenos. Have them bring restraints."

A sudden gust of wind reminds her of her current clothing situation.

"And send down one of my selections of cold weather clothing. Closet Section W, Selection 33...no 39. And hurry!"

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

"I hear you, milady," Ordoius replies a few moments later, followed by a short pause. "The shuttles you requested will be on sight within two minutes," he says following his silence. "I hope that will prove satisfactory."

"You... cold-hearted... machine bastard..." the injured man continues to grit his teeth up at Verg, in between twitching and low moans of agony. "Wearing... our gear," he manages to wheeze, sounding for all the world as if he'd like nothing more than to strangle the cyborg on the spot. Indeed, the men are wearing thick, insulated, hooded white clothing alongside protective goggles and some with wraps around their lower faces. Besides the obvious points wherein the clothing has been pierced with crystal shards or slashed open with blades, it seems to be covering them relatively well.

The two minutes spent shivering in the cold, waiting for the evac shuttles to come seem to drag on a good deal longer than they ought to. The world around the explorers continues to darken, shadows lengthening everywhere across the valley as the sun vanishes completely behind the mountains. The already horrid temperature only drops further as bitter winds pick up, carrying the echoing sounds of further gunfire and screaming from across this rocky terrain. Overhead, another aircraft plummets in flames, though its crash is so distant no one can tell quite who it belongs to. The men of the this outpost continue to writhe miserably on the ground the whole time, as alien toxins continue to stoke fire in their nervous systems.

Finally, floodlights hit the explorers' position from on high. An atmospheric insertion shuttle, having somehow managed to slip by the ongoing dogfight amidst the black skies, touches down in a hurry. A small team of armsmen, hellguns in hand, are the first down the boarding ramp, sweeping the area for potential threats with admirable swiftness before a tiny medical team and two servitors emerge. The latter quickly race towards Baltasar and Iskayra, the former begin dragging off slain or wounded xenos to experience the dynasty's hospitality.

"I still want you lot to keep going," Baltasar tells the explorers. "Find out what this place is all about, and what it might have to do with... well, you know." He looks around at the locals, still lying sprawled out in apparently undiminished agony. "Think we should take all these bastards back up with us, or you want one to give back to their friends?'
    -Me

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

I would advise taking them back, Captain. In their present condition, they would only be a liability if fighting were to break out. And if we were to fail in our mission, they can provide a back up source of information once they recover. Verg suggested.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I concur." Sabina says, now thankfully wrapped up in a long white winter coat made of incredibly expensive Valhallan Stirchi fur, trimmed with Astropath Green, matching mittens and a white fur hat on her head. "Besides, I am certainly not carrying him, and once they've been healed you can always return them before we leave this wretched ice ball."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

"Wise enough," Baltasar nods as the white-coated humans are loaded onboard after the Eldar, masked armsmen ignoring their pleas or feeble threats along the way. "We'll see to them in orbit. You lot press on and see if you make contact with their friends. I won't leave you all alone, though," the Rogue Trader nods at the armsmen, and a trio of them detach, standing at ready next to Verg and Sabina. "Let me know if you find anything interesting."

With that, the Rogue Trader backs up the ramp into his shuttle, which shortly thereafter seals up behind him. The already-active engines whir into full life in seconds, lifting off almost the moment that the men on the ground are out of the way, punching hard and breaking for the atomosphere about as fast as any pilot would dare. It doesn't take long at all for the transport to vanish into the darkened skies, faint engine trail soon eclipsed by the flash of missiles and lascannons, peppering the sky with further explosions. Across the valley itself, the sounds of gunfire seem to be increasing in intensity and yet seem to be coming from ever more distant locals. The grey metal structure sticking out from the mountainside is briefly illuminated by a ruby red lascannon shot coming from within.

"Orders, sirs?" one of the armsmen, voice muffled by his all-concealing helmet. "Take it slow and steady or try and rush to the poor bastards in there?"
    -Me

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Let's just get moving." Sabina says, starting to head off in the direction of things exploding and shooting.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

It is best that we take our time. There is no benefit to blundering into the middle of a fight to try and save strangers.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

The masked trooper looks at one of the explorers, then the other, and then the other, and then nods. The group trudges slowly and carefully through the darkened valley, with only starlight and the occasional fireball from overhead to illuminate their pathway. As they approach the facility, the sounds of autogun fire and the light hiss of Eldar weaponry grow ever louder, mixing with the thrum of engines far too soft to be Imperial in origin. Occasionally a blur of motion can be seen in the distance, something impossibly fast racing nimbly through the rock protrusions. The small group keeps their eyes peeled and their weapons to hand, but nothing more springs from darkness to attack them.

After an almost glacial slog through tight and confusing mountain valley, the Explorers arrive within what passes for visual range just as the sounds of combat seem to be winding down. Beneath the aegis of the protruding grey structure is spread a network of trenches painstakingly dug into the stony ground, reinforced with steel bulwarks obviously improvised from welded hunks of scrap, protecting a sealed set of double metallic doors built directly into the mountainside itself. But what is far more noticeable than what is left of the defenses are the bodies. Well over a hundred obviously human bodies can be seen sprawled out across the ground in various levels of intact-ness, from almost lifelike to scattered fragments of limbs. Whorls of exceptionally dark blood are spread almost artistically through the crisp white snow, forming intricate patterns that some might even call hypnotic. The ghastly scene spread out before the intrepid explorers is silent and still.
    -Me

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ah how...pleasant." Sabina says, looking around. "I suppose it's just as good we arrived late, or else we likely would have ended up like this lot." She murmers uncomfortably to herself upon seeing a particularly gruesome corpse. "I erm...I suppose the large doors would be our likely destination, yes?"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed. Do not bother to inspect any corpses, at best you will disturb yourself, at worst they will be traps. Verg said, ordering their escort.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show