New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Making a Spoiler box

I'm obviously new to posting... I was trying to make a post with a spoiler box because it related to a published adventure, and i couldn't figure out how to make it a spoiler. Could someone please let me know how to do that? If it helps, I use a Samsung smartphone to access the forums.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Making a Spoiler box

Quote Originally Posted by Robert's Dragon View Post
    I'm obviously new to posting... I was trying to make a post with a spoiler box because it related to a published adventure, and i couldn't figure out how to make it a spoiler. Could someone please let me know how to do that? If it helps, I use a Samsung smartphone to access the forums.
    You can use: [spoiler=spoiler topic]Write here the spoiler text[/spoiler].

Example:

Spoiler: spoiler topic
    Show
    Write here the spoiler text

Yours,

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2020-03-16 at 07:10 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Robert's Dragon View Post
    If you are on computer, there's a "spoil" button over the text that does it for you.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    If you are on computer, there's a "spoil" button over the text that does it for you.
    I custom made that button, in Paint, with a box of scraps.

And then we upgraded the forums and the button dimensions shrunk, so I had to make it still work.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    If you are on iOS or Anroid, there are settings to have your browser tell websites it is a desktop and send you the full website, which is particularly helpful for websites where there is a large difference between the "desktop" and "mobile" sites.

On GiantITP in particular, if you are logged in, you can go to "settings" at the top of the page, then click on "general settings" in the sidebar, and scroll down to "forum skin." If you select "Playground Sand," then you will always be shown the "desktop" version of the forum, and you never have to see the mobile version.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Or you can just scroll to the bottom of the page and tap "View Full Site". It'll remember that choice.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Also, if you ever are trying to figure out what code works on this forum, the "BB Code is On" down at the bottom of the page will take you to a nice sheet that tells you what code is available and what it does. I think the only thing it misses is the dice roller code, and I am fairly certain there is an explanation of that over in the PBP forums where you can actually use the die roller.
    Last edited by Rockphed; 2020-03-22 at 09:17 AM. Reason: grumble grumble forgot a slash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.