Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    So long as nobody died, I'd say that makes for a memorable encounter and your players will definitely not underestimate goblins in the future, even if you correct the error next time!
    Yeah, I was worried one of them would be a bit of a Leeroy Jenkins (heís the one who almost died). But I will tell them, I really doubt they can end that adventure while being Weary (it seriously lowers their probability to make any roll).
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Forum Wisdom

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    the Vector Legion [is the IFCC's new pawns], mark my words. Way too much unfinished business there and they already know about the Gates.
    I'll take that bet.

  2. - Top - End - #362
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Yeah, I was worried one of them would be a bit of a Leeroy Jenkins (heís the one who almost died). But I will tell them, I really doubt they can end that adventure while being Weary (it seriously lowers their probability to make any roll).
    how does one heal from Weary in this game? Because this seems like an opportune moment to turn this from a one off "oops I made a mistake" to "oh you actually ran into a far more powerful group of goblin assassins, and killing hem has delayed the enemy enough that you'll be able to rest, but now they're aware of you coming" or something.


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  3. - Top - End - #363
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    how does one heal from Weary in this game? Because this seems like an opportune moment to turn this from a one off "oops I made a mistake" to "oh you actually ran into a far more powerful group of goblin assassins, and killing hem has delayed the enemy enough that you'll be able to rest, but now they're aware of you coming" or something.
    One need to rest enough to get their health/stamina (not sure what the name is in English) above their Fatigue threshold and spend a good nightís rest in a secure location.

    They are currently in the wilderness and a small group of orcs took advantage of the battle to kidnapp the Hobbit NPC they were hired to rescue...
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Forum Wisdom

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    the Vector Legion [is the IFCC's new pawns], mark my words. Way too much unfinished business there and they already know about the Gates.
    I'll take that bet.

  4. - Top - End - #364
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    One need to rest enough to get their health/stamina (not sure what the name is in English) above their Fatigue threshold and spend a good nightís rest in a secure location.

    They are currently in the wilderness and a small group of orcs took advantage of the battle to kidnapp the Hobbit NPC they were hired to rescue...
    What about that elven bread? Or does it just fix hunger?
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Your bread looks like a rotary phone.
    This right here, is some prime quality culinary critique.

  5. - Top - End - #365
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    What about that elven bread? Or does it just fix hunger?
    They donít have any. Lembas is a rare gift that only the Lady of Lorien can bestow after all and theyíre not allowed in Lorien. Also no book that I own* describes Lorien or gives a mechanical effect to Lembas.

    *And Iím confident no published book that I do not own.
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Forum Wisdom

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    the Vector Legion [is the IFCC's new pawns], mark my words. Way too much unfinished business there and they already know about the Gates.
    I'll take that bet.

  6. - Top - End - #366
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    One need to rest enough to get their health/stamina (not sure what the name is in English) above their Fatigue threshold and spend a good nightís rest in a secure location.

    They are currently in the wilderness and a small group of orcs took advantage of the battle to kidnapp the Hobbit NPC they were hired to rescue...
    Well, with their crack assassin squad killed, they can't afford to eat the hostage, no matter how much they'd like meat to be back on the menu boys. That'll give them time to rest.


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  7. - Top - End - #367
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    They donít have any. Lembas is a rare gift that only the Lady of Lorien can bestow after all and theyíre not allowed in Lorien.
    This is why I stick to halflngs over Hobbits.

    Also, Zodi, I love the new avatar!
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Your bread looks like a rotary phone.
    This right here, is some prime quality culinary critique.

  8. - Top - End - #368
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Well, with their crack assassin squad killed, they can't afford to eat the hostage, no matter how much they'd like meat to be back on the menu boys. That'll give them time to rest.
    What? Why would losing some of their men stop them from eating their prisoner (heís a random innkeeper they attacked in an act of banditry, they literally captured him because he looks tasty).

    Also in order to lose the Weary Effect they would need to travel to a safe location which would take them a good week* (and theyíd probably fail their Travel rolls which would raise their weary status even further) and another to come back so I donít know how I could justify the npc being alive (and how theyíd follow the goblins to their lair).

    *I am fairly certain this is the rule working as intended to. Combat is not meant to be something the characters look forward to in this game and being Weary, Poisoned or Wounded is meant to be a pain.

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    This is why I stick to halflngs over Hobbits.

    Also, Zodi, I love the new avatar!
    I mean, this is a Lord of the Rings licensed game, the mechanics are made to mimic the feel of the novels. And they do so superbly I think. Even if the orcs inexplicable greeness keeps irking me.

    Edit: that is a nice new avatar!
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2020-04-04 at 01:22 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #369
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    I mean, this is a Lord of the Rings licensed game, the mechanics are made to mimic the feel of the novels.
    Imean, I get that, and I see the appeal... But also Middle-Earth seems like a very "less than level 3 in D&D terms, with the occasional epic level NPC wandering around" kind of deal.
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Your bread looks like a rotary phone.
    This right here, is some prime quality culinary critique.

  10. - Top - End - #370
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Imean, I get that, and I see the appeal... But also Middle-Earth seems like a very "less than level 3 in D&D terms, with the occasional epic level NPC wandering around" kind of deal.
    Itís a low fantasy setting yes. Itís not meant to be a power fantasy*, no.
    Whatís your point?


    *Unless you count the part where you can get to slay dragons or command armies.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2020-04-04 at 01:50 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #371
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Itís a low fantasy setting yes. Itís not meant to be a power fantasy*, no.
    Whatís your point?


    *Unless you count the part where you can get to slay dragons or command armies.
    Just wondering how long a campaign can go when a single arrow or sword can kill the character.
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Your bread looks like a rotary phone.
    This right here, is some prime quality culinary critique.

  12. - Top - End - #372
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    They donít have any. Lembas is a rare gift that only the Lady of Lorien can bestow after all and theyíre not allowed in Lorien. Also no book that I own* describes Lorien or gives a mechanical effect to Lembas.

    *And Iím confident no published book that I do not own.
    You're the GM, why should you care what published books say? Make it up! So long as you're not pulling stuff literally out of nowhere, and Lembas was definitely supposed to be something special in the books, seems fair to me.

  13. - Top - End - #373
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Just wondering how long a campaign can go when a single arrow or sword can kill the character.
    They canít. Player characters have two Wounds (and itís really hard to inflict a Wound because armor are pretty powerful).
    Well The Darkening of Myrkwood lasts thirty in-game years.
    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You're the GM, why should you care what published books say? Make it up! So long as you're not pulling stuff literally out of nowhere, and Lembas was definitely supposed to be something special in the books, seems fair to me.
    But Iíd be pulling stuff from nowhere! They donít have any lembas and no way to get any. In fact they donít have much of anything because their characters are pretty much new to this whole Ďheroingí stuff.
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Forum Wisdom

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    the Vector Legion [is the IFCC's new pawns], mark my words. Way too much unfinished business there and they already know about the Gates.
    I'll take that bet.

  14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Aotrs Commander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Just wondering how long a campaign can go when a single arrow or sword can kill the character.
    Exactly the same way as it does when you play Rolemaster.

    (Which also, by-the-by, held the Middle-Earth liscence for a good while in the 80's and 90s.

    Where it is thus statisitcally possible (if hardly statistically plausible) a hobbit with a bent knife could take down Morgoth. Provided he didn' have the Iron Crown, as the Simaril's greatest power, unique in all Rolemaster, was immunity to fumbles, basically.)

  15. - Top - End - #375
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    This is why I stick to halflngs over Hobbits.

    Also, Zodi, I love the new avatar!
    Thanks! Ninja mode!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    What? Why would losing some of their men stop them from eating their prisoner (heís a random innkeeper they attacked in an act of banditry, they literally captured him because he looks tasty).

    Also in order to lose the Weary Effect they would need to travel to a safe location which would take them a good week* (and theyíd probably fail their Travel rolls which would raise their weary status even further) and another to come back so I donít know how I could justify the npc being alive (and how theyíd follow the goblins to their lair).

    *I am fairly certain this is the rule working as intended to. Combat is not meant to be something the characters look forward to in this game and being Weary, Poisoned or Wounded is meant to be a pain.

    Edit:


    I mean, this is a Lord of the Rings licensed game, the mechanics are made to mimic the feel of the novels. And they do so superbly I think. Even if the orcs inexplicable greeness keeps irking me.

    Edit: that is a nice new avatar!
    Admitidlly I don't know much about LOTR but my idea was that, these guys are lacking supplies since their best men are killed, and though they intended to eat the hobbit they've decided ransoming him is a better idea in the long run.

    Wow, this is a very down to earth sort of game, it sounds like.

    Thanks also!


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Thanks! Ninja mode!
    I see you have chosen the correct path in life. Welcome aboard, sister.

  17. - Top - End - #377
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    I see you have chosen the correct path in life. Welcome aboard, sister.
    Ironically the avatar in question is based on a samurai girl and not a ninja, but when you're leaping through windows, throwing shuriken (which yes are a typical Samurai weapon in reality) and slicing people to ribbons you tend to feel pretty ninja-y.


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Ironically the avatar in question is based on a samurai girl and not a ninja, but when you're leaping through windows, throwing shuriken (which yes are a typical Samurai weapon in reality) and slicing people to ribbons you tend to feel pretty ninja-y.
    Ninja is a state of mind! ...and also silencing people who protest your proclamation!
    (Disclaimer: proclaiming you're a ninja is probably not the best plan.)

  19. - Top - End - #379
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Exactly the same way as it does when you play Rolemaster.

    (Which also, by-the-by, held the Middle-Earth liscence for a good while in the 80's and 90s.

    Where it is thus statisitcally possible (if hardly statistically plausible) a hobbit with a bent knife could take down Morgoth. Provided he didn' have the Iron Crown, as the Simaril's greatest power, unique in all Rolemaster, was immunity to fumbles, basically.)
    I played the Spacemaster version of that ruleset, and I remember the thing you really didn't want to get was an E critical against your character. If, by poor luck, you *did* get one of those, you really didn't want to roll 66 on the critical roll, because all 66 E crits were instant death, no ifs, no buts.

    ISTR the rulebook for MERP (never played it, but others at the university role-playing society did) had two sets of stats for Sauron. It had a set for him without the One Ring, which had him as something like a level 350 character. It had another set for him *with* the One Ring, which basically just said, "What do you need stats for? He can basically do anything he likes!".

  20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Aotrs Commander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I played the Spacemaster version of that ruleset, and I remember the thing you really didn't want to get was an E critical against your character. If, by poor luck, you *did* get one of those, you really didn't want to roll 66 on the critical roll, because all 66 E crits were instant death, no ifs, no buts.

    ISTR the rulebook for MERP (never played it, but others at the university role-playing society did) had two sets of stats for Sauron. It had a set for him without the One Ring, which had him as something like a level 350 character. It had another set for him *with* the One Ring, which basically just said, "What do you need stats for? He can basically do anything he likes!".
    My first roleplaying experience after HeroQuest at ten was going down to the wargames club and joining in their Rolemaster campaign on Middle-Earth. (This is why AD&D - and D&D's own lore - has never had any hold on me whatsoever, not even nostaglically - AD&D was a distant FORTH.)

    So it will not surprise you (you might even have surmised from this already) that I actually have the trio of Lords of Middle-Earth books with all the stats (MERP1/RM), so I can answer definitiely that there, he was 360 with the ring, and 180 to 240 otherwise.

    The most broken thing he had (aside from making level-based fear rolls) was that he knew all spells and could cast up to 360 levels of spells at once.


    Morgoth, by-the-by, was level 500 and could do the same thing.



    Hilariously, by the time stuff like the later companions with high level spells (i.e. over level 50), this would mean they both could have cast the 125th level healing spells (hit points, bones, nerves, organs, blood) which in concert meant that any type of damage that didn't totally destroy your body would regenerate next round. (Good luck with THAT Gil-Galad and Elendil...!) Which is a little stretch, even for Pun-Pun, at that's straight no-messing RAW...

    Though one feels that, say, the ability to cast 45 Fireballs per round (or better yet, one of the lower level spells that inflicts an automatic crit and then using the incremental PP rule to rank that up a few notches) would render than largely irrelevant.

    Though of course, if he was trying, he wouldn't us Fireball, he'd use two each of all the 22 elements, because you MIGHT be able to get resistance/immunity to Heat crits, but good luck getting immunity to Heat, Cold, Electricity, Impact, Aether/Nexus, Time, Plasma, Shock, Vaccuum, Vibration and I'm pretty sure some others as I can't remember what each element deals off the top of my head just from looking at my list of critical types.

    Incidentally, by the time SM:Privateers came out (we use a Hideous Hybrid of six editions of RM/SM which is only just now eclipsed in monstrouity by the 700+ pages of 3.Aotrs), you regularly broke into F and above (F being and E and an A - in RM itself, you needed spells you get up to Js) and were looking at, with the right modern weapon, dealing up to M criticals on the table. Which, using the exceeding table limits, with a good enough roll (like 450 after DB) takes to you an O critical, which is three Es - though at that point, you're likely well into the territory of "death by hit point damage," as you'd probably be dealing on the order of 550 hit points of damage. I forget how many hit points Sauron et al had without fetching my books out2 (though I recall something on the order of 26000 power points), but that's going to hurt, even for a near-deity if you shot Morgoth with a Browning and rolled open-ended a few times...



    1Never played MERP in anger - why would I, when Rolemaster is right there? And if I could cope with RM at ten, why use a cut-down system...!

    2Which I can't be arsed to do now, since we have several loads of cardboard boxes in the way because they cancelled the recycling, and because of the club being cancelled, I haven't had chance to confirm my £85 backpack isn';t going to immediatley break under actual use, so I still have the box to send it back.

  21. - Top - End - #381
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    I see you have chosen the correct path in life. Welcome aboard, sister.
    I thought you abandoned that for duperluminous faerie?
    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Ninja is a state of mind!
    Well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    (Disclaimer: proclaiming you're a ninja is probably not the best plan.)
    Wha- bu...!?
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Your bread looks like a rotary phone.
    This right here, is some prime quality culinary critique.

  22. - Top - End - #382
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    (Disclaimer: proclaiming you're a ninja is probably not the best plan.)
    Which any ninja would know. Therefore, anybody claiming to be a ninja could not possibly be a ninja, so it is the best disguise for a ninja to adopt.
    NB: While I never mean to offend anybody, sometimes the unfortunate combination of Aspergersism and the inherent difficulty of reading a situation through uninflected text over the internet get in the way of that goal. Please feel free to point out any social faux pas, inappropriate joke timing, etc.

  23. - Top - End - #383
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    1Never played MERP in anger - why would I, when Rolemaster is right there? And if I could cope with RM at ten, why use a cut-down system...!
    I think what they used to do at the RPG club was to play using the MERP setting and stats, but using the Rolemaster rules, since they were pretty much entirely compatible with each other.

  24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bristol, UK

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    FORTH
    Not reverse polish! please, I'll take The Comfy chair but not the reverse polish!
    Last edited by halfeye; 2020-04-05 at 10:46 AM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

  25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Aotrs Commander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I think what they used to do at the RPG club was to play using the MERP setting and stats, but using the Rolemaster rules, since they were pretty much entirely compatible with each other.
    MERP was to Rolemaster was D&D was to AD&D. Since RM was already very largely Middle-Earth flavoured by default (in terms of races), there wasn't really anything to change or alter. MERP was just a simplified version of RM. So we just played it RM. (All the books did for both - well RM, and then a few notes for playing in MERP.)

  26. - Top - End - #386
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator
     
    Rawhide's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    MERPS has the single best critical fumble ever. The last one on this list.

    "My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

  27. - Top - End - #387
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Just finished Tiger King about ten minutes ago. It was like watching the Olympics of trash.
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Your bread looks like a rotary phone.
    This right here, is some prime quality culinary critique.

  28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    The Fury's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Just finished Tiger King about ten minutes ago. It was like watching the Olympics of trash.
    My sister really wanted me to watch that. It's... really hard for me to get through. For whatever reason, I can't get through more than one episode in a single sitting, sometimes not even that much.
    Iop brain.

  29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BisectedBrioche's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Some rainly old island
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    Which any ninja would know. Therefore, anybody claiming to be a ninja could not possibly be a ninja, so it is the best disguise for a ninja to adopt.
    The best disguise is the appearance of a bad disguise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Just finished Tiger King about ten minutes ago. It was like watching the Olympics of trash.

    My main issue with it's that it portrays a trans man as a butch lesbia
    n (it just goes with the main character misgendering and deadnaming him and never corrects itself).
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Pyre

  30. - Top - End - #390
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    trtl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

    Y'all can be ninjas if you want.

    I'm a Jedi .
    I prefer to think of myself as yellow mold. Step on me, and I'll eventually rot your face off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •