Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default The Invasion of Mu (Heavily house-ruled PF 1e/DnD 3.5 gestalt, mythic game)

Hey there Gitipers,

This is a thread to re-start interest in a campaign that a group of us have been discussing on Discord after the server went down a couple of months ago. I'll re-post my build rules soon. They're a high-powered PF1e gestalt and 3.5 admixture.

Here's the basic pitch -- the campaign is set on the the forgotten continent of Mu in the Pacific Ocean.

This is a lost world kind of setting that exists in a time dilation bubble.

Mu is being colonized by historical empires from various time periods, including the Augustan period Romans, the Ming Chinese, the the Egyptian New Kingdom, the Classical Maya, and other factions. However, Mu also has several indigenous populations. One are a society that is similar to south pacific islanders. Another are a race of neanderthals. Another are a race of dinosaur/lizard men. Another are a race of highly evolved psionic humans and or aliens from Mars and or the Moon. Mu is filled with dinosaurs and megafauna, and is inspired by literary and cinematic models such as Skull Island, Barsoom, and Fire and Ice.

This is going to be a fairly open-ended hexcrawl, and you'll be responsible for fleshing out the home-base of whatever faction you create a character for. I'm only going to paint the setting in fairly broad strokes and then let everyone help me fill in the details. For instance, if you're Roman, you'll contribute to the fluff for 'New Rome' on one coast of Mu. If you're an indigenous character, you'll help develop your tribe, and so forth.

Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2020-03-19 at 04:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: The Invasion of Mu

Reserved for build rules

Okay, this is going to be a lot to take in....

Sources: Anything published, and approved homebrew.

Ability scores: Each character receives a number of points to spend on increasing his basic attributes. In this method, all attributes start at a base of 18. A character can increase an individual score by spending some of his points. Likewise, he can gain more points to spend on other scores by decreasing one or more of his ability scores. See Table 1–1 for the costs of each score. After all the points are spent, apply any racial modifiers the character might have.

Score Points
    1 1
    2 2
    3 3
    4 4
    5 5
    6 6
    7 7
    8 8
    9 9
    10 10
    11 11
    12 12
    13 13
    14 14
    15 15
    16 16
    17 17
    18 18

Additional notes:

Intelligence: In addition, a character's Intelligence modifier or Dexterity modifier, whichever is higher, will contribute to Reflex defense. If a character wears light armor, his or her Intelligence modifier or Dexterity modifier, whichever is higher, also contributes to Armor Class.

Intelligence and Dexterity are redundant with each other for the purpose of defense bonuses, but Dexterity has the additional benefit of improving initiative checks. For this reason, Intelligence can be a dump stat for characters who don't depend on Intelligence for attack rolls, class features, or skill checks.

Charisma: In addition, a character's Charisma modifier or Constitution modifier, whichever is higher, will contribute to calculating Wounds and Vigor, Fortitude saves, and any special ability that relies on Constitution(such as when calculating a breath weapon’s DC).

Charisma and Hero Points: Hero Points are the primary advantage of a high Charisma score, and the primary disadvantage of a low Charisma score. They are a creature’s ability to “get lucky” on things it does.

Hitpoints/Health: In place of Hit Points, I use a custom Wounds and Vigor system that synthesizes elements of the Wounds and Vigor system from PF 1e and the Wounds and Vitality system from DnD 3.5.

There is no rolling, you take the maximum value for everything, double at first level, and then double the total.

For Wounds and Vigor, I am maintaining the higher Wound total from Pathfinder (i.e., Constitution x 2 instead of just the flat attribute value) instead of the flat ability score value from 3.5. Furthermore, Vigor is calculated as per Vitality in DnD 3.5 -- adding the Constitution bonus.

Example: A half-orc barbarian has an 18 constitution. At 1st level, His Wounds are 72 (18 x 2 = 36, 36 x 2 = 72), and his Vigor is 32 (12 + 4 = 16, 16 x 2 = 32). At 2nd level, and every level thereafter, he will get an additional 16 Vigor points from his class and Constitution modifier, but no additional Wound points, which stay the same after they are calculated at 1st level unless modified by a feat or some other ability.

-As I stated above in the discussion of 'attributes', you calculate your Wounds and Vigor using either Constitution or Charisma, which ever is higher.

-In my system, critical hits still multiply damage, and they do not go directly to Wounds, as in the DnD 3.5 version of this system. This contrasts with the PF1e variant, where critical hits do not multiply damage and go straight to Wounds. Basically, that means critical hits work as normal, except they apply to Vigor instead of Wounds.

-Both temporary and lethal/nonlethal categories of Hit Points are converted into lethal/nonlethal categories types of Vigor, instead of dispensing with those categories. I am doing this to avoid conflicts with class abilities, feats, and spells that mention temporary Hit Points or lethal/nonlethal damage.

Experience: You have 6 gestalt levels, 3 gestalt mythic tiers, and a bin of +6 CR of templates, with a max of +3 CR for any single template, with which to construct your character.

These levels can be moved around and exchanged at the following conversion rates:

1 CR = 1 gestalt levels of a base class or prestige class
    2 CR = 1 gestalt mythic tier

You can use this conversion to acquire more template CR, gestalt base class levels, gestalt prestige class levels, or gestalt mythic tiers by sacrificing template CR, base class or prestige class, or mythic tiers, but no individual template can be over +3 CR, and you cannot make a build with more than 4 gestalt mythic tiers, and you cannot have any individual class level over 12.

You can multi class within the gestalt.

Here are some examples:

The same template can be taken more than once.

*For archetypes, you can gestalt two archetypes for each base class. That means you add the features on top of the base class, rather than replacing features. You can also add further archetypes on top of that in the normal fashion, replacing class features.

*There is a system from Rouge Genius games called 'archetype packages' which are base class features like animal companions or clerical domains which can be taken to add additional oracle domains to an oracle, an additional animal companion to a druid, etc.

Skills: We will use the Background Skills system from Pathfinder Unchained.

Feats:

This game will have a metric ton more feats than in a normal game -- there are three major sources of feats, not counting any for certain races or bonus feats gained by classes like the fighter.

First, you get certain feats for free (Signature Skill (General), Combat Stamina (Combat), Hybrid (Horrifically Overpowered)).

Second, you get feats as if a PF1e fighter receiving 1 feat per level on both sides of gestalt base class levels, gestalt prestige class levels, and gestalt mythic tiers.

Finally, you get additional bonus feats from the low-magic item, automatic bonus progression system I use called 'Chopping Down the Christmas Tree' (see above).

For feat progression, instead of the standard allocation of 1 feat every other level, everyone gets the PF 1e fighter progression of feats as if they were a fighter with 1 feat per level on each 'side' of the gestalt. So, you get 2 feats per level, plus 1 additional feat on each side of the gestalt for every level you would get a bonus feat as a Pathfinder fighter. This also applies to the mythic tiers.

This means you get between 2 or 4 feats each level.

You can use PF1e or 3.5 versions of feats.

Feat progression for gestalt levels:

Level Feats
    1 4
    2 4
    3 2
    4 4
    5 2
    6 4

Total = 20

Feat progression for mythic tiers

Level Feats
    1 4
    2 4
    3 2

Total = 10

*We are using these puppies from Rogue Genius games.
    *You can only pick 1 horifically overpowered feat per level or mythic tier. For the base build of 6//6/3//3 +6CR, that would mean 6 horrifically overpowered feats and 3 horrifically overpowered mythic feats.
    *We are using the feat tax rules from Elephant in the Playground, and will be using the updated pdf instead of the original blog post. This document can be found here:Elephant in the Room Feat Taxes in Pathfinder
    *Everyone gets Signature Skill (General) for all skills they possess, as well as Combat Stamina (Combat) for free.
    *You can use the scaling versions of feats from the Feats Reforged series from Total Party Kill games, or can rewrite a feat that is not in that collection to scale if you so desire.

Spellcasting:

We are using the Spell Points (PF) system from Pathfinder, except for the following aspects of this PF 1e conversion of the DnD 3.5e Spell Points (3.5) system:

*For prepared casters, you have two options: you have to pick whether to prepare spells, in which case your selection is limited as per the DnD 3.5 rules, or you can use the PF1e system where casting the same spell multiple times raises the spell point cost of the dweomer each time you cast it.
    *Where the DnD 3.5 spell point value for a given level is higher, the greater value is applied.
    *There is no restriction on the number of bonus spell points based on the highest level of spell you can cast, instead you just get bonus points as per your casting stat.
    *The Vitalizing Variant rule, where casters can draw upon their life force to power spells, is also in use.

This is also an option for divine casters: Spontaneous Divine Casters

Traits:

*You can have 5.
    *You can use PF or 3.5 traits/drawbacks.

Other Notes:

*Bonuses of the same type(profane, competence, insight, etc.) from different sources stack - i.e. a deflection bonus to AC from a template stacks with a deflection bonus from a spell.

*We are using a custom armor as DR system which combines elements of the DnD 3.5 and PF1e system. For my variant, I am maintaining the 3.5 system of having an AC instead of the defense score from Pathfinder. However, I am also changing it so you still calculate AC as normal. In other words, the difference is just adding the DR value for your armor and the defense score for the opposed critical hit roll. In this way, the armor as DR system is just tacking on something to the existing combat system instead of messing with all the AC values.

*Characters get a Defense Bonus to their AC based on class as per DnD 3.5 Unearthed Arcana.

*Here, the defense score is only used for an opposed check for critical hits. When an opponent hits you, they roll to confirm the critical hit, and you make an opposed check based on your defense score. If you succeed, you stop them, even if they confirm.

*Armor will provide temporary Vigor equal to its hit points and can transfer damage. If it runs out of Vigor, it falls apart.

*This system has healing surges, which are basically the DnD 4e system.

*In combat For the Action Economy, you can use either the standard or the Unchained Action Economy for your actions.

I find the latter less of a headache than the normal system, but I'm leaving it as a parallel option so that builds that rely on swift actions aren't compromised. You can switch back and forth, you just have to declare each round which is operative.

*I do block initiative, as in the monsters go together, and the players go before and after the 'block' of the of the opponents. I find that makes things easier.

*I use battle maps in google drawings, and love making maps and handouts, etc. I will do a lot of that for this game. I will post a pdf of the combat round at the beginning of each round.

*I use a hex grid.
    Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2020-03-19 at 04:09 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Interested as a player :) Maybe some kind of technomancer-Martian? :P
    LGBTitP, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter
    My long singature

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm interested. Hard to pass up the opportunity to interact with ancient Romans!

Is there a reason there are three different maps, out of curiosity?

5. - Top - End - #5

Planetar

Im in as well!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I’d love to give this a go. Maybe phonecian if that fits style-wise?
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    I’d love to give this a go. Maybe phonecian if that fits style-wise?
    Fourth Punic War, incoming!

Carthago delenda est

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JBarca View Post
    Fourth Punic War, incoming!

Carthago delenda est
    Has the noble Barca family betrayed their roots such? Then they must be destroyed, like the rest of you roman dogs.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2020-03-19 at 03:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    Has the noble Barca family betrayed their roots such? Then they must be destroyed, like the rest of you roman dogs.
    It's so rare to have this username recognized as anything other than football fandom

I look forward salting your lands.

10. - Top - End - #10

I'm interested. Hard to pass up the opportunity to interact with ancient Romans!

Is there a reason there are three different maps, out of curiosity?
    This Mu is going to be a mash up of different models. I'm just trying to give some examples of kind of what the lay of the land looks like. I'll come up with something more specific later.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

I'm game, for obvious reasons.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Marcarius5555 View Post
    This Mu is going to be a mash up of different models. I'm just trying to give some examples of kind of what the lay of the land looks like. I'll come up with something more specific later.
    Gotcha, I assumed it was something like that. Just wanted to see if the island/continent was different depending on how you approached it or by time of day or where you were from or something wacky like that.

13. - Top - End - #13

Okay, I've uploaded the very basics so everyone can decide if they're interested -- I have a LOT of editing to do on the build rules for clarification and building stuff out. I have word files for all of these house systems like spell points I will upload to google docs and provide a link when I have a chance.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Invasion of Mu (Heavily house-ruled PF 1e/DnD 3.5 gestalt, mythic game)

This is a beautiful map. Could I ask how you made it?
    Last edited by bundlesandflows; 2020-03-19 at 04:37 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Default Re: The Invasion of Mu (Heavily house-ruled PF 1e/DnD 3.5 gestalt, mythic game)

I didn't make it -- I do make a lot of maps, but not this one. What I posted are different versions of Mu you can find from internet sources. There's sort of a basic concept of its position and shape in the Pacific Ocean.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Statuam Unus assembling to bring forth the glory of the Roman Empire to new lands!

I’ll be updating and rejiggering numbers as I weave in Mystic Paragon and Prestigious. The chassis will stay relatively the same at least.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2020-03-19 at 04:51 PM.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

I think I'll build the Ultra Marine for this game.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Are we to assume the invaders gained any supernatural abilities when they entered Mu? If I build a, say, a, did she become a sorcerer upon arrival, is this alt-history where magic existed in the real world, or something else?

Also, how many ability points do we begin with? You say we start with some, but don't specify as far as I can tell. Unless we start with 0, and just have to knock down some 18s to get more?

19. - Top - End - #19

Are we to assume the invaders gained any supernatural abilities when they entered Mu? If I build a, say, a, did she become a sorcerer upon arrival, is this alt-history where magic existed in the real world, or something else?

Also, how many ability points do we begin with? You say we start with some, but don't specify as far as I can tell. Unless we start with 0, and just have to knock down some 18s to get more?
    I haven't developed the fluff idea yet -- I like the concept that magic exists in this time dilation bubble, and the various factions got it when they traveled. As I said, this will be partly collaborative. What does everyone else think of that idea?

You have 108 pts. (6 x 18) and you manipulate them on a 1-1 basis.
    Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2020-03-20 at 04:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

I haven't developed the fluff idea yet -- I like the concept that magic exists in this time dilation bubble, and the various factions got it when they traveled. As I said, this will be partly collaborative. What does everyone else think of that idea?

You have 148 pts. (6 x 18) and you manipulate them on a 1-1 basis.
    I like the idea. Whether it's learned (the indigenous people teach the magic), inherited (nodes of magic in the land that provide power when touched or something - gives some interesting points to fight over?), or relic-based (power is gained by holding on to items found in caches of crystals/fields blooming with flowers/trophies of animals or monsters) could all be interesting and provide different adventures.

And gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing yet - I need to wrap my head around the plethora of new (to me) rules and systems.

21. - Top - End - #21

Im in, trying to develop a sourcerer idea that i didnt get to make come to fruition in another game.
    I remember your character generation system but cant find the sheet/char for whatever the other game was.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Colossus in the Playground

Is this going to be in any way, shape, or form balanced? Like, in the slightest? Because it seems cool... But also horrifically unbalanced.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Is this going to be in any way, shape, or form balanced? Like, in the slightest? Because it seems cool... But also horrifically unbalanced.
    Combats will be against stuff like dinosaurs with 10,000+ hitpoints if that's your question.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Reserved for build rules

Okay, this is going to be a lot to take in....

Sources: Anything published, and approved homebrew.

Ability scores: Each character receives a number of points to spend on increasing his basic attributes. In this method, all attributes start at a base of 18. A character can increase an individual score by spending some of his points. Likewise, he can gain more points to spend on other scores by decreasing one or more of his ability scores. See Table 1–1 for the costs of each score. After all the points are spent, apply any racial modifiers the character might have.

Score Points
    1 1
    2 2
    3 3
    4 4
    5 5
    6 6
    7 7
    8 8
    9 9
    10 10
    11 11
    12 12
    13 13
    14 14
    15 15
    16 16
    17 17
    18 18
    I'm confused. It's a point buy with a different set of points. We start with exactly enough points to have an 18 in every stat. We can trade points off on a 1-1 basis, however, 18 is where the per-stat table ends. I'm confused. Can I maybe get some examples showing how this is not "Fixed array, six 18's"?

Experience: You have 6 gestalt levels, 3 gestalt mythic tiers, and a bin of +6 CR of templates, with a max of +3 CR for any single template, with which to construct your character.

These levels can be moved around and exchanged at the following conversion rates:

1 CR = 1 gestalt levels of a base class or prestige class
    2 CR = 1 gestalt mythic tier

You can use this conversion to acquire more template CR, gestalt base class levels, gestalt prestige class levels, or gestalt mythic tiers by sacrificing template CR, base class or prestige class, or mythic tiers, but no individual template can be over +3 CR, and you cannot make a build with more than 4 gestalt mythic tiers, and you cannot have any individual class level over 12.
    So if I'm doing my math right... 18 "level points" to spend. 1 point per Gestalt level (min 6, max 12), one point per template CR, 2 points per Gestalt Mythic Tier (max 4 Gestalt Mythic Tiers)?

So a:
    Summoner//Oracle-11, Ghost(CR +2), Undead Lord (CR +3), Gestalt Mythic 1
    would be valid, as would a
    Summoner//Oracle-12, Ghost (CR +2), Undead Lord (CR +3), Advanced (CR +1)
    ?
    The same template can be taken more than once.

*For archetypes, you can gestalt two archetypes for each base class. That means you add the features on top of the base class, rather than replacing features. You can also add further archetypes on top of that in the normal fashion, replacing class features.

*There is a system from Rouge Genius games called 'archetype packages' which are base class features like animal companions or clerical domains which can be taken to add additional oracle domains to an oracle, an additional animal companion to a druid, etc.
    This Page? As in, I can grab a couple of those things normally intended for subtraction from specific classes, and add them as the "gestalt archetypes"?

So to go with the Summoner//Oracle builds above, I could have the Summoner be a Synthesist (It's changing the Summon - do I end up with two, one worn, one normal?) and add the Hexen abilities from the witch, then for the Oracle add Spirit Guide and the Paladin's Avenger abilities?

... and then potentially trade out actual things for more archetypes?

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Well... balance is relative to the party rather than the rest of the game. Which means as long as everyone is playing by the same set of rules and uses about the same amount of optimization, we're in the clear.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2020-03-19 at 09:42 PM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    I'm confused. It's a point buy with a different set of points. We start with exactly enough points to have an 18 in every stat. We can trade points off on a 1-1 basis, however, 18 is where the per-stat table ends. I'm confused. Can I maybe get some examples showing how this is not "Fixed array, six 18's"?

So if I'm doing my math right... 18 "level points" to spend. 1 point per Gestalt level (min 6, max 12), one point per template CR, 2 points per Gestalt Mythic Tier (max 4 Gestalt Mythic Tiers)?

So a:
    Summoner//Oracle-11, Ghost(CR +2), Undead Lord (CR +3), Gestalt Mythic 1
    would be valid, as would a
    Summoner//Oracle-12, Ghost (CR +2), Undead Lord (CR +3), Advanced (CR +1)
    ?

This Page? As in, I can grab a couple of those things normally intended for subtraction from specific classes, and add them as the "gestalt archetypes"?

So to go with the Summoner//Oracle builds above, I could have the Summoner be a Synthesist (It's changing the Summon - do I end up with two, one worn, one normal?) and add the Hexen abilities from the witch, then for the Oracle add Spirit Guide and the Paladin's Avenger abilities?

Well... balance is relative to the party rather than the rest of the game. Which means as long as everyone is playing by the same set of rules and uses about the same amount of optimization, we're in the clear.
    Thanks for your interest!

For stats, I could expand the table out 100 or 1000 or 10000, I was just trying to make it clearer by having a table with values, since just the description seemed to miss some readers as to how it would work since it's different than the Core rule book version of point buy. Just assume it goes up the same values, 1-1 basis, 19 = 19, 20 = 20, etc. etc. etc. Just like the tables in the Core cut off at 30, I was just assuming people would get the idea if I did through 18. It seems a bit much to do it through 103 (the theoretical maximum). Maybe someone can make that table for me if they think it's really necessary.

The base assumption is 6//6 (base class), 3//3 (mythic), + 6CR of templates. You can manipulate them up and down with the exchange I outlined.

6//6 (base class) 4//4 (mythic) + 4CR
    8//8 (base class) 4//4 (mythic) + 2CR

I'm not sure about the examples you posted since I can't see the 'math' and I find that hard to do in my head just looking at it. It would help me if you'd re-post, starting with 6//6 (base class) 3//3 (mythic) + 6CR (template), and then give your examples with the order baseclass, mythic, cr, and explain how you manipulated 6//6 3//3 + 6CR, in that order of 'bins', to get what you're proposing. For example: 6//6 3//3 + 6CR, converting 2 CR to a mythic tier to get 6//6 4//4 + 4CR.

For instance, you can do:

yes.

I find this hard to follow, what is 'one worn?'. I need to see this laid out again more clearly to tell if it's what I'm thinking of.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Colossus in the Playground

So we have 108 points to spend, right?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Looking at doing something fun here.. Maybe a higher powered version of my kitsune thief or catfolk samurai again.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for your interest!

For stats, I could expand the table out 100 or 1000 or 10000, I was just trying to make it clearer by having a table with values, since just the description seemed to miss some readers as to how it would work since it's different than the Core rule book version of point buy. Just assume it goes up the same values, 1-1 basis, 19 = 19, 20 = 20, etc. etc. etc. Just like the tables in the Core cut off at 30, I was just assuming people would get the idea if I did through 18. It seems a bit much to do it through 103 (the theoretical maximum). Maybe someone can make that table for me if they think it's really necessary.

The base assumption is 6//6 (base class), 3//3 (mythic), + 6CR of templates. You can manipulate them up and down with the exchange I outlined.

6//6 (base class) 4//4 (mythic) + 4CR
    8//8 (base class) 4//4 (mythic) + 2CR

I'm not sure about the examples you posted since I can't see the 'math' and I find that hard to do in my head just looking at it. It would help me if you'd re-post, starting with 6//6 (base class) 3//3 (mythic) + 6CR (template), and then give your examples with the order baseclass, mythic, cr, and explain how you manipulated 6//6 3//3 + 6CR, in that order of 'bins', to get what you're proposing. For example: 6//6 3//3 + 6CR, converting 2 CR to a mythic tier to get 6//6 4//4 + 4CR.
    I just reduced to common denominators.
    You can trade Gestalt Class Levels (CL) for Challenge Rating (Templates) (CR) at 1:1 and vice-versa.
    You can trade Mythic Gestalt Levels (MG) for CR at 1:2 and vice-versa.

6 CL + 6 CR + 3 MG can thus be written as 6 CL + 6 CR + 6 CR (double MG) = 6 CL + 12 CR.
    Which can then (other than the level cap of 12) be written as 6 CL + 12 CL = 18 CL.
    So there's 18 "Level Points". You can spend one for a gestalt class level (to a maximum of 12, minimum of 6), one for a CR of template (1 CL -> 1 CR), or two for a gestalt Mythic Level (2 CL -> 2 CR -> 1 GL) (to a maximum of 4).

It's a lot easier to verify builds after that, as you're then just adding up costs.

... and then potentially trade out actual things for more archetypes?[/B]

I find this hard to follow, what is 'one worn?'. I need to see this laid out again more clearly to tell if it's what I'm thinking of.
    The Pathfinder Summoner has a signature class ability, the Eidolon.
    It's THE defining ability of the class, so basically all Archetypes alter, replace, or exchange it.
    In the case of the Synthesist, it's replaced (explicitly replaced, not altered to) an outsider the summoner "wears".
    We get two "free" archetypes per class. We can take the archetypes without losing the things they're replacing. So if a Summoner takes Synthesist, am I reading this right in that the Summoner ends up with two eidolons: One "worn" (Synthesist), and one normal?
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2020-03-20 at 07:01 AM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Wow, this is really big. Posting my interest but this will take time to digest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.
    Status Update:
    Girlfriend didn't pay internet, very slow for next little bit.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Anyonw know how mythic progression works? Or can I trade that all for normal levels? I've just played 3.5 and thus am unfamiliar with a lot of the PF mechanics used here.