(2d6+6)[9]
    (2d6+6)[12]
    (2d6+6)[16]

Currently Recruiting: Beware Of Bites!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Rift in Reality [PF1e Isekai Gestalt w/ Spheres]

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbbug3 View Post
    You are approved to have them for starting equipment (paying their full cost).
    Does this also apply if we take the Gunslinger class that normally gets one for free starting out?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Oh my... Isekai with bringing in guns as a valid strategy. That sounds like something to play around.

How do you feel about vigilantes? I was thinking about my character be an ex biker and have his social identity be a bit more focused on gunsmithing while his vigilante identity is when he dons the club colors and is a bit more magical.

I was looking into vigilante (hidden master) // gunslinger (space marine).

Also can I ask for a houserule?

Mutation talents
    Mutations: Vigilante talents labeled as mutations are supernatural abilities that do not provoke attacks of opportunity. Unless otherwise noted, activating a mutation is a standard action.

Many mutations act as one or more sphere effects, and can be augmented by magic talents that could normally be applied to those effects (for example, the light daggers mutation can be augmented by Destruction talents with the (blast type) descriptor). However, mutations are not sphere effects, and are not augmented by staves (unless those staves grant magic talents that augment the mutation).

A vigilante uses their class level as their caster level and their MSB for all purposes related to their mutations. Most mutations allow the vigilante to gain a selection of magic talents, either through vigilante talents or the Extra Magic Talent feat, as if he possessed one or more base spheres.

Only vigilantes with the enigma specialty or possessed archetype may select mutation talents.
    Could I take mutation talents? pretty please? I am not going to get that many vigilante talents anyway, but I am looking into cloak of despair and cloak of midnight.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Does this also apply if we take the Gunslinger class that normally gets one for free starting out?
    Are you thinking of going for a gun user as well?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am still interested in this game concept, and although I dislike spheres, there are other classes I can take which don't require them. Currently thinking of a psion//kineticist. The concept is for a disgraced priest who is hiding out with the money he has taken "just resting in his account" as they say on Father Ted, which is the character basis for my character. Because he is very intelligent but not wise, he won't be an actual cleric, being too cynical while also trying to persuade himself that he is a good priest. He will be able to replicate some clerical powers using psionics, which he is convinced are actual clerical powers, since in this new world he won't know any better about what powers a cleric is supposed to have, just that he has these semi-magical abilities now. I also will make him an aasimar, to make the incongruity even better.

Dice rolls:
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[9]

(1d10+7)[12]
    (1d10+7)[9]
    (1d10+7)[13]
    (1d10+7)[12]

(2d6+6)[11]
    (2d6+6)[11]
    (2d6+6)[15]
    (2d6+6)[11]
    (2d6+6)[12]
    (2d6+6)[14]

EDIT: Okay, probably point buy then.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2020-03-20 at 05:49 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm thinking an engineer that got dragged out onto a cruise by his wife and kids after completing a big project. He takes a poolside nap and wakes up to people screaming about fog.

Now that he's here, his dad bod is replaced with a new goblin one. I'm thinking Technician//Whitesmith Armorist.

I can get a build up later today.

7. - Top - End - #37

(4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[18]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[16]

Focus Int: 18
    Foil Cha: 8
    (1d10+7)[14]
    (1d10+7)[14]
    (1d10+7)[14]
    (1d10+7)[17]

(2d6+6)[9]
    (2d6+6)[15]
    (2d6+6)[15]
    (2d6+6)[16]
    (2d6+6)[15]
    (2d6+6)[14]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

So THAT is where all the good rolls went.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    So THAT is where all the good rolls went.
    Dice rollers love me until they absolutely hate me. Now I really want to play a goblin with ridiculous stats.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SwordChucks View Post
    Dice rollers love me until they absolutely hate me. Now I really want to play a goblin with ridiculous stats.
    Woo goblin buddies!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Stat rolls
    Show

Standard weighted:
    (4d6b3)[18]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[7]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[17]

18/8:
    (1d10+7)[16]
    (1d10+7)[9]
    (1d10+7)[13]
    (1d10+7)[10]

Heroic:
    (2d6+6)[14]
    (2d6+6)[9]
    (2d6+6)[14]
    (2d6+6)[10]
    (2d6+6)[10]
    (2d6+6)[12]

Character concept is up in the air. If I end up taking another day off work today I'll spend some time ironing it out.
    HOMEBREW
    The Phase Dancer - A spellsword who has learned to use teleportation to stab people.
    The Stalwart - An unarmed, unarmored wall of muscle that fights with surges of strength and massive combat maneuver combos.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

@AvatarVecna - if your class gives you a gun for free starting out, then you get a gun for free starting out.

@thethird - Mutation Talents are approved.

@oyzar - You may take chained archetypes for monk, or any class that has an unchained variant.
    If you have a mount, I will make sure you have opportunities to use it. Check out the Beastmastery sphere for getting a mount or animal companion.
    For reflavoring techniques, you'll have to be more specific about what exactly you want to take. Sending me a link would be great But in general I'm open to reflavoring, I'll just have to tell you which deity fits the bill best for what you want.
    You may Pre-Game Craft, treating it as if you took a ten on the roll. So if you are unable to meet the Craft DC by taking a ten, you won't be able to craft the item. But if you can, go for it! (bolding that so other people might see that's an option).
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

With so few feats to spare I don't think I can afford to pregame craft unfortunately, but we'll see how things turn out. I might drop the mount idea entirely if it's not a primarily outdoorsy campaign... It would be kinda crazy to invest 3 feats and 3 talents into something that we only get to use a tiny bit of the time. Are we using these rules? http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/gestalt-rules If I take for example brawler and bloodrager at level 1, that's two martial classes, so do I get 2 extra talents?
    Last edited by oyzar; 2020-03-20 at 09:19 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by oyzar View Post
    With so few feats to spare I don't think I can afford to pregame craft unfortunately, but we'll see how things turn out. I might drop the mount idea entirely if it's not a primarily outdoorsy campaign... It would be kinda crazy to invest 3 feats and 3 talents into something that we only get to use a tiny bit of the time. Are we using these rules? http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/gestalt-rules If I take for example brawler and bloodrager at level 1, that's two martial classes, so do I get 2 extra talents?
    Simple answer is yes. Complicated answer is still yes.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Raymond Carter - before the fog
    Show
    For Raymond Carter, Senior Procurement Compliance Officer in the Department of the Interior, it had been a rough few years. Office politics was an exhausting game at the best of times, but the current Secretary and his cronies were someting else entirely. He had nothing specific to point his finger at, certainly no proof, but he was pretty sure that someone in the immediate vicinity on the org chart was getting very cozy with some organized crime types.

And then there was the divorce. It was amicable enough, sure, the intimacy had been gone for a few years now. He just wished Joan would own up to her share of the problems instead of expexting him to have fixed everything. Like she always did. Like everyone always did. "Ray will handle that". And then the constant armchair generals bitching about how. The kid seemed to be doing fine, at least.

And then there was this god damn body. The new thirtytwo year old girlfriend (it was 32, right?) was great, but god damn did he not have the energy - or the drive! - for that kind of action any more. Suddenly, he found himself getting up at night for a second pee. His appetite was going down, but his waist size sure wasn't.

At the end of the day, what did he have to show for it? This wasn't why he had gone into Law. He had wanted to be a bigshot corporate lawyer, doing coke off supermodels in his supercar. Instead he drove a 4 year old Prius into his government job, and Stacy in the reception, god bless her, was downright decrepit. And the work…. Work was like herding racoons. Greedy little mother****ers would **** everywhere, steal everything that wasn't nailed down and gnaw on the live wires if he slacked off for a minute, and those were just his bosses.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (4d6b3)[7]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[8]

(2d6+6)[15]
    (2d6+6)[15]
    (2d6+6)[15]
    (2d6+6)[14]
    (2d6+6)[16]
    (2d6+6)[14]

(1d10+8)[18]
    (1d10+8)[10]
    (1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[11]

Mechanically, i don't know yet.
    Semper ludens.

Last Watch * OOC * MAP
    The Moonscar * OOC

16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

-As far as the world we came from goes, can we assume that it's one with Dungeons & Dragons, but perhaps not 3.5 and Pathfinder- so the broad outlines of our capabilities might be expected to be at least vaguely familiar, to a sufficiently nerdy isekai'd character, but not specifically so?

-Can I propose a variant of Bringing in the New Stuff, or perhaps Blood Magic, appropriate to a former chemist, now alchemist, who needs downtime and work with glassware to prepare charges? (Charged Spells drawback, Bottled Spells drawback feat, some of the Sphere drawbacks that get you Instill X and prevent you from otherwise using the sphere, all that good stuff)

-Will you permit Variant Multiclassing?

-How would you feel about a character that used poison heavily?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

@AvatarVecna - if your class gives you a gun for free starting out, then you get a gun for free starting out.

@thethird - Mutation Talents are approved.

You may Pre-Game Craft, treating it as if you took a ten on the roll. So if you are unable to meet the Craft DC by taking a ten, you won't be able to craft the item. But if you can, go for it! (bolding that so other people might see that's an option).
    All of those rulings are relevant to what I am looking into

Anyway rolling some, I'll give a more complete pitch of my character later.

Spoiler
    Show
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[7]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[11]

Focus: DEX
    Foil: CHA
    (1d10+7)[14]
    (1d10+7)[12]
    (1d10+7)[15]
    (1d10+7)[13]

(2d6+6)[17]
    (2d6+6)[9]
    (2d6+6)[10]
    (2d6+6)[9]
    (2d6+6)[18]
    (2d6+6)[15]
    Last edited by thethird; 2020-03-20 at 10:42 AM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground

Going to do a Prodigy//something full BAB, I think, though I probably won't get chance to write it up until after the weekend.

Let's see how blessed these stat rolls are, though:

(4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[18]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[10]

(1d10+7)[9]
    (1d10+7)[9]
    (1d10+7)[14]
    (1d10+7)[8]

(2d6+6)[14]
    (2d6+6)[11]
    (2d6+6)[15]
    (2d6+6)[11]
    (2d6+6)[11]
    (2d6+6)[8]

e: I think I can manage something out of 18, 17, 15, 13, 10, 10, honestly. The other two sets are dire, though.
    Last edited by ChrisAsmadi; 2020-03-20 at 10:48 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ooogooman View Post
    -As far as the world we came from goes, can we assume that it's one with Dungeons & Dragons, but perhaps not 3.5 and Pathfinder- so the broad outlines of our capabilities might be expected to be at least vaguely familiar, to a sufficiently nerdy isekai'd character, but not specifically so?

-Can I propose a variant of Bringing in the New Stuff, or perhaps Blood Magic, appropriate to a former chemist, now alchemist, who needs downtime and work with glassware to prepare charges? (Charged Spells drawback, Bottled Spells drawback feat, some of the Sphere drawbacks that get you Instill X and prevent you from otherwise using the sphere, all that good stuff)

-Will you permit Variant Multiclassing?

-How would you feel about a character that used poison heavily?
    1. Yes, you can make that assumption.

2. You can propose it, sure! I'm going to need you to write it out for me, either on here or on a PM, then I'll tell you if it's approved.

3. Yes.

4. I'd be all right with it, just make sure you keep track of all the DCs.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay lets throw 500 stat dice:

(4d6b3)[16](4d6b3)[12](4d6b3)[12](4d6b3)[10](4d6b3)[12](4d6b3)[12]

And then:

18 (1d10+7)[9](1d10+7)[12](1d10+7)[13](1d10+7)[17] 8

And also:

(2d6+6)[11](2d6+6)[15](2d6+6)[15](2d6+6)[13](2d6+6)[15](2d6+6)[14]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Here is my sheet. I think it is mechanically complete. I will start on the background and personality now.

I just want to check, though. Is the Thrallherd okay as a prestige class? I only want it for the thrall itself, which I want to be a worg which used to be his pet pomeranian dog until they entered the fog. Now it is a massive wolf creature. I will understand if you don't want that sort of thing, and will swap it for another level of psion. It is of little benefit to me mechanically, since my character can fly at will and therefore won't need to be protected on the ground. But I like the idea of the worg, so if possible I would like it. Alternately, if thrallherds don't allow monster thralls, then I could pick up a cleric thrall who could be his offsider, like Dougall is to Ted on Father Ted.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2152944
    Last edited by paradox26; 2020-03-20 at 11:24 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    Here is my sheet. I think it is mechanically complete. I will start on the background and personality now.

I just want to check, though. Is the Thrallherd okay as a prestige class? I only want it for the thrall itself, which I want to be a worg which used to be his pet pomeranian dog until they entered the fog. Now it is a massive wolf creature. I will understand if you don't want that sort of thing, and will swap it for another level of psion. It is of little benefit to me mechanically, since my character can fly at will and therefore won't need to be protected on the ground. But I like the idea of the worg, so if possible I would like it. Alternately, if thrallherds don't allow monster thralls, then I could pick up a cleric thrall who could be his offsider, like Dougall is to Ted on Father Ted.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2152944
    Thrallherd is perfectly fine, you may have your worg.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Much appreciated. Thanks. I will still have to decide if it is better for the character to have the young priest as an offsider instead. Either works for my character concept, it is just a question of whether I want to delve into the Spheres to build an NPC. For now I will stick with the Worg.

24. - Top - End - #54

So Suit Pilot, is that too much? There's something appealing about a goblin in a mech suit, but I know you were going for a less anime game.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

So Suit Pilot, is that too much? There's something appealing about a goblin in a mech suit, but I know you were going for a less anime game.
    Link, please? I'm inclined to say no, but I should at least look at it first.

26. - Top - End - #56

Link, please? I'm inclined to say no, but I should at least look at it first.
    The Suit Pilot is a Technician archetype that makes the users independent invention better so you can have a decent mech pilot sooner.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

The Suit Pilot is a Technician archetype that makes the users independent invention better so you can have a decent mech pilot sooner.
    I'm going to have to say no on that one, unfortunately.

28. - Top - End - #58

Fair enough, how does basic Technician//Armorist sound?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Fair enough, how does basic Technician//Armorist sound?
    That's fine!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I'm having an incredibly hard time choosing between a high caster and a full bab class on the other side of the gestalt for my skald. Both would surely work great. I'm not that well versed in sphere casting. What are some good spheres and\or classes (or combinations thereof) for offensive magic that isn't just blasting?

I'm thinking to use guitar that doubles as a greataxe like this but it seems like the best full bab class to put on the other side is monk or brawler and then I'll just end up kicking or punching instead of actually cutting people with my guitar...