Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Rift in Reality [PF1e Isekai Gestalt w/ Spheres]

Quote Originally Posted by ooogooman View Post
    I don't know about all of the info: part of the reason I prefer that format is that it's devilishly difficult to do the bonus-type tracking and conditional stuff concerning buffs that I like to use as a matter of course. Here's a version of the Daniel Landvik sheet that contains all the information a MythWeavers sheet usually does.
    That'll do for me, thank you.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ok, so I've settled on a Soul Weaver (Ghost Sovereign)//Sentinel. A homicide detective whose colleagues treated him to a cruise after he successfully put away a particularly heinous murderer, since they're worried about him burning out. In the real world, he long ago become jaded about the world and stopped believing in any higher power as a consequence of the work he does. What merciful god would allow what he's seen to happen? He truly believes in justice and protecting the innocent, but is somewhat embittered about his odds of actually doing so.

He wakes up chosen by Anbay, hounded by a god whose reality he can't ignore. He's not sure about all this, but now he has the power to actually DO something about it. With power over life and death and a newly invigorated body, he can BE justice. His "courtiers" are echoes of his colleagues back home (forensics team, researcher, etc).

Two questions:

1. Martial tradition- limited to the existing ones, or can we make one following the general template of 2x Equipment, 2x other spheres?
    2. Is necromancy evil? The wiki has a lot of frameworks for it (Inherently Evil, Lawful, neither, etc)

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    Ok, so I've settled on a Soul Weaver (Ghost Sovereign)//Sentinel. A homicide detective whose colleagues treated him to a cruise after he successfully put away a particularly heinous murderer, since they're worried about him burning out. In the real world, he long ago become jaded about the world and stopped believing in any higher power as a consequence of the work he does. What merciful god would allow what he's seen to happen? He truly believes in justice and protecting the innocent, but is somewhat embittered about his odds of actually doing so.

He wakes up chosen by Anbay, hounded by a god whose reality he can't ignore. He's not sure about all this, but now he has the power to actually DO something about it. With power over life and death and a newly invigorated body, he can BE justice. His "courtiers" are echoes of his colleagues back home (forensics team, researcher, etc).

Two questions:

1. Martial tradition- limited to the existing ones, or can we make one following the general template of 2x Equipment, 2x other spheres?
    2. Is necromancy evil? The wiki has a lot of frameworks for it (Inherently Evil, Lawful, neither, etc)
    1. No, please stick to the existing ones.
    2. You don't know, as you don't know the rules of this new world. Anbay, however, would not approve.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

4. - Top - End - #154

Franks should be good to go. He's got coffee, food, all the tool kits he might need, and a haversack to carry them all in. And all skill points are spent including background skills.

Let me know if you see anything missing.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Trying some rolls, probably going something martial, maybe with a bit of psionics on one side.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    4d6b3 x7
    (4d6b3)[15] (4d6b3)[8] (4d6b3)[9] (4d6b3)[7] (4d6b3)[11] (4d6b3)[13] (4d6b3)[15]
    1d10+7 x4
    (1d10+7)[15] (1d10+7)[11] (1d10+7)[12] (1d10+7)[10]
    2d6+6 x6
    (2d6+6)[13] (2d6+6)[9] (2d6+6)[13] (2d6+6)[15] (2d6+6)[14] (2d6+6)[17]

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Wip Sheet

Spoiler: a mistake roll
    Show

(7d10)[24] I entered the wrong value command, so this didn't work right.

Last edited by redfeline; 2020-03-23 at 12:03 AM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

hp rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

I will use the rolls in reading order, the extra rolls are for reroll purposes.
    (1d10)[2](1d10)[6](1d10)[5](1d10)[6]
    (1d10)[8](1d10)[2](1d10)[9](1d10)[2]
    and I thought there was no way I could roll 3 1s or 2s.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2020-03-23 at 12:06 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Hi I am interested in this game and I thought of a concept I think would be fun but it may require some tweaking.

I was thinking of making a character that didn't technically survive the crash leading up to being shipwrecked. I am thinking he got stabbed through the chest by something during the crash (maybe a bit of broken railing or a deck umbrella or something) and the rift kept him alive... sort of. To add insult to injury, while everyone else got cool magic or other super abilities, he was left with dark whispers in his mind and a power that wants to consume him (Twisted by the Rift tradition). I was planning on using a Dhampir to model the sort of alive sort of dead vibe with the negative energy healing but then I reread the rules and they are no go. I could alternatively do the same concept with another race if I was allowed to add the Negative Energy Affinity racial trait to them.

Let me know what you think of the above. In the mean time, rolling some bones.

Spoiler: Dice Rolls
    Show
    Classic:
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[12]

Focus/Foible:
    Focus Dex: 18
    Foible Int: 8
    (1d10+7)[14]
    (1d10+7)[8]
    (1d10+7)[17]
    (1d10+7)[11]

Heroic: (and we have a winner)
    (2d6+6)[12]
    (2d6+6)[12]
    (2d6+6)[13]
    (2d6+6)[14]
    (2d6+6)[14]
    (2d6+6)[18]
    Last edited by bcool999; 2020-03-23 at 01:36 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Rolling for HP: (5d10)[9][4][3][6][4](26) rerolls if necesarry: (3d10)[5][4][9](18). A lot of 3s and 4s, but guess it's only slightly below average.
    Last edited by oyzar; 2020-03-23 at 02:36 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Can we use a weapon attunement (from ABP) to attune a casting Implement instead?
    Semper ludens.

Last Watch * OOC * MAP
    The Moonscar * OOC

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Rolled hit points (5d12)[3][12][9][6][1](31), extras in case of rerolls: (5d12)[6][8][8][1][12](35)
    Semper ludens.

Last Watch * OOC * MAP
    The Moonscar * OOC

12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

I think I'm going to bow out.

Edit It's because I kind of like magic and weary of the Magic is dangerous. And lesser degree of C virus making my hours longer.
    Last edited by Akisa; 2020-03-23 at 06:17 AM.
    The day I find a game is the day that HL2 Episode 3 is released!
    My Brandenburg Interactive AAR game for EUIV.
    Here is the recruitment page

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

I was curious if I could take this 3pp trait from the spheres wiki

Spoiler: Scouts eyes
    Show

Scout’s Eyes (general) [3PP]
    You ignore the -5 penalty on Perception checks when using the Scout sphere’s scout ability.

I also wanted to check if the birthmark trait can be used as a casting focus in this game.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Here's the WIP sheet of Damien Douglas. I'm fairly certain the only crunch I need to do is finish gear. Fluff will be worked on after I finish some work IRL.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters:
    Inactive:

Homebrew I'm using:

Awesome Varsuvius Avatar by Elagune

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Okay, aside from minor assorted gear, my submission should be done. I submit Arthur Caldwell and his newfound friend, Sue (working name, but I'll probably stick with it).

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Arthur is used to lying his way through life. His parents, both doctors, pressured him into the medical field from a fairly young age--and since his academics didn't hold up on his own, he cheated his way through school and college. His largely fraudulent academic record got him into medical school, and his parents' connections landed him a job as a nurse post-school. While he wasn't really that good of a nurse--having skated his way through most of his education, after all--he was good at covering for himself, misdirecting, and "office politics," and managed to continue to skate by.

It wasn't too long until he realized he could probably make a bit more on the side through some unscrupulous means--there was plenty in a hospital which people would pay a nice little sum for. And if a patient got a somewhat less concentrated dose of morphine in their IV, well, who would really notice? He started sneaking various drugs and other items out, always being careful to make sure he wasn't a common link and keep each individual theft small. He got good at that, too. Every now and then he felt a pang of conscience... but maybe a cruise with some of his ill-gotten gains was just the thing to put his mind at ease?

After the crash, he remembered being spoken to by... something. A god, perhaps, but he'd never really believed in those. Whatever it was, it spoke to him... sort of. Really more of an impression rather than discernible words, at least from what he remembered. It felt like a parent, listening in disapproving bemusement as their toddler tried in vain to explain away the chocolate stains on their hands and mouth. Then he woke up... somewhere else. In some kind of renaissance armor? And he began to feel physically ill when he tried to mislead people...

Spoiler: Sue
    Show
    You said we're starting a few days after we woke up on the beach... if you want to play around when we just woke up in a flashback or something, this can be non-canon. I just thought it was amusing to think of how he'd ended up with his T-rex and wanted to write a little something up.

Arthur awoke, blinking sand and sun from his eyes. His body ached, he was disoriented, probably dehydrated...

He tried to get up, but his limbs felt heavy. And they clanked? Looking to one side, it seemed he was in a suit of armor. Arthur shut his eyes hard. No no no. A hallucination. That had to be it. He was delirious. Or in a coma. He opened his eyes again--still in armor. What the hell. Coma or no, he had to get up. Arthur struggled to his feet, unsteady in the heavy steel, and looked around. A few others scattered around the beach, seemingly disoriented as well. There was a... sword at his side, and a backpack at his feet. And some sort of saddle? What was all this? He wasn't one of those nerds playing D&D or something, where had his subconscious come up with this?

A sudden gasp and shout drew his attention. He looked around for what caused the alarm, and saw... NO. A dinosaur. An honest-to-god, in the flesh, f---ing dinosaur staring him right in the eyes. And it looked like one of the carnivorous ones. This cant be real. He stood, transfixed, still not believing what was happening... and then the thing started towards him. People were shouting, running. He turned to flee as well, but only made it a few steps before stumbling and falling. Damn this armor! He rolled over as it stood over him, looking down at him, and he closed his eyes tight, bracing for the end.

It didn't come. He opened his eyes again, cautiously. The dinosaur--Tyrannosaurus rex, it looks like, his brain provided absently--was staring at him curiously, head tilted to one side. Slowly, hardly believing he was doing it, Arthur raised a hand toward it's snout and shut his eyes. He started when something met his hand--it had leaned down, placing the end of it's massive head gently to his palm. Still regarding him curiously. It leaned back, taking a couple of steps away, and he struggled back to his feet. The animal leaned over where the backpack was left and started nosing something gently towards him.

The saddle.

There's no way this is happening.
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

@bcool999 - I suppose I could allow dhampir.

@CasualViking - Yes, I'll allow that.

@redfeline - Yes to both trait questions.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you very much!

Rolling HP
    Spoiler: HP Rolls
    Show
    (5d10)[3][4][8][7][1](23)
    And spares in case of 1s (rerolls taken in order left to right)
    (5d10)[2][7][5][6][4](24)

18. - Top - End - #168

MindFlayer

Mostly done! I realized that Incanters are better Wis-based channelers than Soul Weavers, especially if you're not doing creepy necromancy. Detective Mike Goldman channels the power of Anbay through healing, radiance, and occasionally punting evildoers into the sky. He's an Incanter focused on Life, Light, and Fate// a Conscript focused mostly on the Brute and Boxing spheres.

Need to pick feats and a race (and thus FCB) and spend most of my money. For gestalt, does just one side get FCB?

HP:(1d10)[10], (1d10)[4], (1d10)[7], (1d10)[3], (1d10)[3]

If rerolls of 1s or 2s are needed, then in order: (1d10)[6], (1d10)[7], (1d10)[1], (1d10)[5]

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2154883
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2020-03-23 at 07:15 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Ah.. well my space priest character was going to be psionic casting. https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1923553

I'll make something else I think.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

20. - Top - End - #170

BardGuy

Alright, Tanya Woods and Adair are complete, save for one last thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbbug3 View Post
    3rd Party should be run by me. I’m not willing to learn new subsystems at this time. Things like homebrew races/bloodlines/curses and custom items have a much higher chance of getting approved than anything else.
    Would you allow me to grab the Half-Elf Armorist FCB? Not the biggest fan of what the Halfling gets.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Raymond Carter, Senior Procurement Compliance Officer for the Department of the Interior

Before the cruise
    For Raymond Carter, Senior Procurement Compliance Officer in the Department of the Interior, it had been a rough few years. Office politics was an exhausting game at the best of times, but the current Secretary and his cronies were something else entirely. He had nothing specific to point his finger at, certainly no proof, but he was pretty sure that someone in the immediate vicinity on the org chart was getting very cozy with some actual organized crime types.

And then there was the divorce. It was amicable enough, sure, the intimacy had been gone for a few years now. He just wished Joan would own up to her share of the problems instead of expecting him to have fixed everything. Like she always did. Like everyone always did. "Ray will handle that". And then the constant armchair generals bitching about how. The kid seemed to be doing fine, at least.

And then there was middle age taking his god damn body to pieces. The new thirtytwo year old girlfriend (she was 32, right?) was great, but god damn did he not have the energy - or the drive! - for that kind of action any more. Suddenly, he found himself getting up at night for a second pee. His appetite was going down, but his waist size sure wasn't.

At the end of the day, what did he have to show for it? This wasn't why he had gone into Law. He had wanted to be a bigshot corporate lawyer, doing coke of supermodels in his supercar. Instead he drove a 4 year old Prius into his government job, and Stacy in the reception, god bless her, was downright decrepit. And if not a corporate lawyer, he could have been Atticus Finch. But the work he actually did…. Work was like herding racoons. Greedy little mother****ers would **** everywhere, steal everything that wasn't nailed down and gnaw on the live wires if he slacked off for a minute, and those were just his bosses.

Awakening

Raymond opened his eyes. He was lying in sand, with blue sky above him. He groaned and rolled over, and got to his feet. "wait, what?". One moment he was lying down, the next he was bolting upright, barely supporting his bulk with one hand, his leg muscles surging like it was nothing. He looked down himself. "WHAAAAAAT?!?". This was....entirely unfamiliar. He looked like something out of his son's heavy metal band t-shirts. Swirling tattoos, scars, and muscles. Oh God, the muscles. even when he had been into weights in his early thirties, he had never been anything like this. He moved slowly, flexed and tensed. "Oh my ****ing God", he muttered. "Was that me?". He tried it again. "I know you have a good working relationship with this vendor, but we still have to tender offers for the next four-year period". Oh my. He sounded like that Russian (right?) guy on Black Sails.

He patted himself down to take stock. Was that a loincloth??. "Well well well". Going to the bathroom later would be interesting. Then he found the axe. It was ridiculously big, oddly curved. Gunmetal black and razor sharp. "Could I even have lifted this thing, before?". And then the flashes hit him. He knew how to use this thing. Oh yes. He knew. He felt himself grinning widely. It felt unfamiliar, somehow. He ran his tongue along the ridge of his teeth, and stopped at the canines. "These....are NOT my teeth".

Was he dreaming? Was this what was flashing before him as he drowned? Either way, he would make the best of this while it lasted. He picked up the leather backpack at his feet (Oh god, the sheer exhilarating brawn of these arms....), a small snort of laughter escaping his lips as he saw the crude Fjällräven branded on the light brown pigskin. He set off down the beach to find the nearest woman; someone was bound to have a mirror, and Raymond was curious to see what had happened to his face.

Mechanics

Raymond is a melee brute through-and-through. He gets some flexibility from Prodigy.

Standard action Exsanguinating Strike: +10, 3d6+16, +Bleed 4 for 3 rounds Fort DC 17 negates. Attack/damage is likely to be at least +2/+3 better, all the way up to +7/+9 after two swift actions to buff and Sequence at 6 links. If his enemies obligingly swarm him, he can do it to 3 or 4 at a time. He can also go large or huge.
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2020-03-28 at 11:05 PM.
    Semper ludens.

Last Watch * OOC * MAP
    The Moonscar * OOC

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

@CasualViking: If I get in to this game, I hope as many other half-orcs as possible get in... I can share amplified rage with my raging song, but sadly it only works for half-orcs. While we might both be melee brutes, this is gestalt so most characters will be able to fill out multiple roles.

I'm slowly developing my Skald (Sphere Skald, Growling Marauder) 6 // Bloodrager (Blood Conduit, Sphere Bloodrager) 1 / Brawler (Hinyasi) 5. It's taking quite some time to go through all the various spheres, but barrom, warleader, war, mind, light and alteration are looking promising. We can still pick sphere specific drawbacks for extra talents right?
    Last edited by oyzar; 2020-03-24 at 04:19 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173

MindFlayer

Ok, a few GM questions:

1. I'm confused by how ABP works for enchanting weapons, because it seems to say several different things. I get the normal progression, that's fine. It's adding abilities that confuses me. Let's say I want a flaming longsword and I have +2 enhancement from ABP. That's a +1 bonus ability. Do I:
    1. Switch +1 of the enhancement to flaming. I now have a +1 flaming longsword
    2. Pay 2000 gp for the +1 bonus ability. I now have a +2 flaming longsword and 2000 gp less
    3. Pay both the money and enhancement. I now have a +1 flaming longsword and 2000 gp less. If this, aren't you double paying for enhancements? How is that worth it?

1a. Since we're at enough ABP to have two +1 weapons, can one be a +1 implement? They normally work the same as weapons cost-wise. Never mind, crafting rules say yes.

2. Would you allow the Forceful Smash (counter) 3PP talent?
    Spoiler: Forceful Smash, text from Spheres Wiki
    Show
    Whenever you successfully attack with your counter punch, you can make a bull rush attempt against the target as a free action which does not provoke attacks of opportunity. You can choose to move along with the target as a free action, although this movement provokes an attack of opportunity, and you must end this movement adjacent to the creature. At base attack bonus +10, the target falls prone at the end of this movement.

3. How does FCB interact with Gestalt? Do you pick one class as favored, or one per side? Haven't been able to find any official answer, since the gestalt rules are from 3.5, which did Favored Classes very differently.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2020-03-24 at 02:10 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

BardGuy

Ok, a few GM questions:

1. I'm confused by how ABP works for enchanting weapons, because it seems to say several different things. I get the normal progression, that's fine. It's adding abilities that confuses me. Let's say I want a flaming longsword and I have +2 enhancement from ABP. That's a +1 bonus ability. Do I:
    1. Switch +1 of the enhancement to flaming. I now have a +1 flaming longsword
    2. Pay 2000 gp for the +1 bonus ability. I now have a +2 flaming longsword and 2000 gp less
    3. Pay both the money and enhancement. I now have a +1 flaming longsword and 2000 gp less. If this, aren't you double paying for enhancements? How is that worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic Bonus Progression
    For example, if a character with a +3 enhancement bonus from weapon attunement wields a keen scimitar, she subtracts 1 point of her enhancement bonus (for the cost of keen), leaving her with a +2 keen scimitar.
    Seems clear to me, though he's allowing some class abilities and the Enhancement Sphere to stack with it.

EDIT: whoops, I misunderstood, yea, its #3. You can't have 3+ enhancement and +5 abilities til lvl 17 under Automatic Bonus Progression. Still, it makes magic weapons and armor cheaper, though it prevents you from hoarding niche weapons for special encounters.
    Last edited by Hellfire014; 2020-03-24 at 04:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    Seems clear to me, though he's allowing some class abilities and the Enhancement Sphere to stack with it.
    Right, but then in another section it goes into spending gold to enhance your weapons with abilities. I'm not clear if that's a cost you pay instead of reducing your enhancement bonus or in addition to.

26. - Top - End - #176

BardGuy

You mean the last paragraph? That's just a long winded way of saying that you can only add special abilities to equipment, and that you remove the cost of flat enhancements.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

#3 is correct. You pay for any special abilities as per normal, except you don’t have to have a flat enhancement bonus first, AND the total bonus is deducted from the bonus you get from ABP. IMO it is a bit penalizing, but that’s how it works by the rules.

I believe the GM did post up thread that you can use a weapon enhancement as a sphere implement instead, if you do choose.
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

28. - Top - End - #178

MindFlayer

Ok, Detective Mike Goldman is mostly done, pending the answers to the questions above. Open to suggestions on how to change/improve, since I'm pretty new to Spheres.

-----------------------------
    Take a cruise, they said. It'll do you some good, they said. You spent years working the Hillcrest Strangler case, you could use a break. There's more to life than work, Mike. Or consider it a well-earned reward for putting the bastard away. As if he needed to be stuck on some floating prison. Did they know that a fair number of murders are committed on cruise ships staged as "accidents," taking advantage of the lack of real jurisdiction and proper investigation? Still, it was real nice of the guys to pitch in and get him tickets, and he wasn't going to be a jerk about it. They meant well, had good hearts. Some of the only people he trusted. Good friends. It wouldn't do him any harm to have a few drinks and get some fresh air.

The force was his life, when it came down to it. Joined at 21, fresh out of college. Did his time on patrol for years before making detective. He wasn't the most brilliant guy, but he had an uncanny knack for seeing how it all fit together, a keen intuition, and a talent for reading people. Always looked for more overtime, more work to do. It served him well as a detective- he was willing to put in as many hours as it took to solve a case. He couldn't rest unless he knew he was doing what it took to keep the people safe. Seeing things he couldn't unsee. The bodies, the remains of the dead. Sometimes the living were almost worse, the ones they "saved." He knew what people were capable of, what depths they could sink to. Calling them monsters was just a comforting lie so that you didn't have to look around you and face that anyone in the crowd could do something like that. Slowly, Mike lost faith. In God, in humanity, in himself. There was always more evil out there, and nothing he ever did would truly stem the tide.

----------------------------
    Awaken, Michael, and serve. Do justice and bring light in My name. The voice was firm. He awoke on a pristine beach. He was bigger, stronger, faster than before. A master of unarmed combat, somehow. But that was the least of it. Anbay. A real, honest-to-goodness god. It was in his head, commanding him onwards. A god of justice and strength, a power that wanted to extinguish evil and protect the weak. It was terrifying and amazing and awful, in the original sense. Mike didn't know what to do with its existence, but it seemed to know what to do with him. He could cause light to spring into being, heal people's wounds with just a touch, bring back the dead. He had the power to make things right. Maybe that was all the answer he needed.

29. - Top - End - #179

BarbarianGuy

Ok, Detective Mike Goldman is mostly done, pending the answers to the questions above. Open to suggestions on how to change/improve, since I'm pretty new to Spheres.

-----------------------------
    Take a cruise, they said. It'll do you some good, they said. You spent years working the Hillcrest Strangler case, you could use a break. There's more to life than work, Mike. Or consider it a well-earned reward for putting the bastard away. As if he needed to be stuck on some floating prison. Did they know that a fair number of murders are committed on cruise ships staged as "accidents," taking advantage of the lack of real jurisdiction and proper investigation? Still, it was real nice of the guys to pitch in and get him tickets, and he wasn't going to be a jerk about it. They meant well, had good hearts. Some of the only people he trusted. Good friends. It wouldn't do him any harm to have a few drinks and get some fresh air.

The force was his life, when it came down to it. Joined at 21, fresh out of college. Did his time on patrol for years before making detective. He wasn't the most brilliant guy, but he had an uncanny knack for seeing how it all fit together, a keen intuition, and a talent for reading people. Always looked for more overtime, more work to do. It served him well as a detective- he was willing to put in as many hours as it took to solve a case. He couldn't rest unless he knew he was doing what it took to keep the people safe. Seeing things he couldn't unsee. The bodies, the remains of the dead. Sometimes the living were almost worse, the ones they "saved." He knew what people were capable of, what depths they could sink to. Calling them monsters was just a comforting lie so that you didn't have to look around you and face that anyone in the crowd could do something like that. Slowly, Mike lost faith. In God, in humanity, in himself. There was always more evil out there, and nothing he ever did would truly stem the tide.

----------------------------
    Awaken, Michael, and serve. Do justice and bring light in My name. The voice was firm. He awoke on a pristine beach. He was bigger, stronger, faster than before. A master of unarmed combat, somehow. But that was the least of it. Anbay. A real, honest-to-goodness god. It was in his head, commanding him onwards. A god of justice and strength, a power that wanted to extinguish evil and protect the weak. It was terrifying and amazing and awful, in the original sense. Mike didn't know what to do with its existence, but it seemed to know what to do with him. He could cause light to spring into being, heal people's wounds with just a touch, bring back the dead. He had the power to make things right. Maybe that was all the answer he needed.
    Cool character! You might want to indicate in the special abilities section of your Unarmed Strike about Encompassing Light. Also, with Encompassing Light, your damage would be 2d6 according to the Practioner Unarmed Damage Table

I really appreciate you designing Mike's abilities as what he would 'need' instead of 'as he would be'
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Definitely interesting! I've got an idea for a guy going through a mid-life crisis, who went on the cruise as a way to think about his life and reset before making any rash decisions

I'm leaning toward Voyager || Rogue

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[8]

Focus/Foible
    STR: (1d10+7)[14]