Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Rift in Reality [PF1e Isekai Gestalt w/ Spheres]

Quote Originally Posted by Irrelephant View Post
    Definitely interesting! I've got an idea for a guy going through a mid-life crisis, who went on the cruise as a way to think about his life and reset before making any rash decisions.
    Between you, Mike, and Frank we could have the middle age man squad.

2. - Top - End - #182

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticHarmony View Post
    Cool character! You might want to indicate in the special abilities section of your Unarmed Strike about Encompassing Light. Also, with Encompassing Light, your damage would be 2d6 according to the Practioner Unarmed Damage Table

I really appreciate you designing Mike's abilities as what he would 'need' instead of 'as he would be'
    Thanks! Both for the kudos and for the suggestion on noting his encompassing light damage.

Also, I love the idea of a middle-aged man isekai squad. This isn't a bunch of whippersnapper students. We're responsible!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Daniel's in the same boat too, oddly enough. The look of the man just wouldn't gel for me mentally until I settled on the beard, and it isn't until just now that I realized it's because my mental image of 'chemist' is Derek Lowe of Things I Won't Work With fame.

@hannahbbug3: Daniel is listed as incomplete on the table. Is there something in particular you're looking for- a picture, perhaps? He's mechanically complete and has a background and description.
    Last edited by ooogooman; 2020-03-25 at 01:30 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

What is the deadline for this? It would be nice to know how long we have to finish our characters.

5. - Top - End - #185

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by ooogooman View Post
    Daniel's in the same boat too, oddly enough. The look of the man just wouldn't gel for me mentally until I settled on the beard, and it isn't until just now that I realized it's because my mental image of 'chemist' is Derek Lowe of Things I Won't Work With fame.

@hannahbbug3: Daniel is listed as incomplete on the table. Is there something in particular you're looking for- a picture, perhaps? He's mechanically complete and has a background and description.
    Thank you for a very interesting read! That was a fun article.

Unrelated, there aren't really many prestige classes that work with Spheres, right? Looks like most are Theurge-based, which won't work here. All I can find is Forest Lord, which sadly requires a Chaotic alignment and thus won't work for Mike.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    Thank you for a very interesting read! That was a fun article.

Unrelated, there aren't really many prestige classes that work with Spheres, right? Looks like most are Theurge-based, which won't work here. All I can find is Forest Lord, which sadly requires a Chaotic alignment and thus won't work for Mike.
    If its allowed, maybe treat "+1 spellcasting level" of other PRCs as Spheres Archwizard treats "+1 spherecasting class"? Doesn't seem like a hard fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spheres Archwizard
    Casting Progression

When a new archwizard level is gained, the character gains an increased caster level and casting ability progression (new magic talents, spell point progression, etc.) as if he had also gained a level in any one spherecasting class he added before the prestige class level. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character with that class would have gained (such as non-casting class abilities). If a character had more than one spherecasting class before he became an archwizard, he must decide to which class he adds each level of archwizard for the purpose of determining casting progression.

This Casting Progression cannot be applied to any standard casting class (such as the core Wizard, Sorcerer, or Cleric classes).
    So if you're a +3/4 class, you still get +3/4 lvl, is what I'm reading.
    Last edited by Hellfire014; 2020-03-25 at 02:13 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    If its allowed, maybe treat "+1 spellcasting level" of other PRCs as Spheres Archwizard treats "+1 spherecasting class"? Doesn't seem like a hard fix.

So if you're a +3/4 class, you still get +3/4 lvl, is what I'm reading.
    Right, I guess my question is more "are there any prestige classes that are good with spherecasters/practicioners?"

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

There are prestige classes made for spheres specifically on the wiki, but I havenít really tried any of them out.
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I think I'm done mechanically with Stein Hard (except for a bit of gear), though I haven't had much time to write about how this alcohol loving heavy metal guitarist made his way onto the ship, so the sheet is not yet complete.

10. - Top - End - #190

I'm gonna throw my name in the ring.

Deacon Kairos, fledgling pilot turned elementalist (primary wind and fire, a bit of water and earth). Mechanically Sentinel/Armorist/Investigator || Symbiant, exact levels and archetypes in the spoiler tab. Flavoring Mind Limbs as precise wind control.

I do all my generation in notepad because it's easy to fiddle with, throwing that into another spoiler at the bottom in case you wanna take a look over it. Just missing stats and skills. I'll do dice and translate it all into a sheet in the morning, gotta head to work now.

Sheet finished except for rolling hit dice.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1064457

Questions in the meantime:
    • Just wanna confirm, I can use ABP on natural weapons (Mind Limbs) right?
    • Less certain of this, can Shield ABP be used on the shield gained from the telekinetic feat Force Shield? (I'm assuming no because it has a built in progression from CL but better to ask and be surprised)
    • Does an Improved Alchemist Fire 'flask' count for the Rock Throwing talent, to be able to throw it at the greater range increment they give (not trying to double dip on damage by 'hitting' someone with it before it explodes in flame)? The idea I had on all of my alchemy being geomantic constructs (see below question about Alternate-Brew) would have this thing being basically a dirt-ball containing fire and wind essence.
    • Also are there any objections to me having the Sky Dancer trait to start with a glider? If a vehicle like that will cause a problem I can remove it, I'd just like to know in advance since I sunk a few talents into making it a feasible investment (Weather to speed it, Store Structure to store it when not in use).

Also, Alternate-Brew 'drawback' on Alchemy can change the skill associated to another Craft or Profession. Given that I'm flavoring as elemental control would you be okay with instead swapping the skill to Knowledge(Geography)? Right now I have Salve (which would be purified mud used to pull toxins from a wound and then bind them) and Imp.Alchemist Fire (a dirt shell containing fire and wind essence which explodes). There's no real mechanical reason for it, I just feel it would be a better fit. That said while the reason for the change isn't mechanical, there are certain balance considerations to it. In the interest of full transparency they are:
    • Benefits: My Inspiration feature gives +1d6 to knowledge without spending a point; it saves 6 skill points (since I was already planning on taking Knowledge-Geo; but frankly I have so many skill points that I've invested to varying degrees in nearly a dozen crafts and professions); it consolidates future bonuses (I don't currently have a flat bonus beyond ranks and int to either but at Level 8 I was planning on putting my second Focused Study into my alchemy skill).
    • Downside: Making it a knowledge check means there's no Masterwork tool to gain an easy +2 (Alchemy Lab is one of those items that would normally be a bigger concern due to size, but I have 50 pounds of sphere-based storage and 250 in Bag of Holding). I'd be willing to toss away twice the cost of a Portable Alchemist's Lab in gold (the usual modifier for making a magic item 'slotless') without gaining the +1 bonus (since I'd already be gaining Inspiration). It also means I can't use it to make mundane alchemical items, but I barely consider this a downside since I hadn't intended to.

Spoiler: Deacon Kairos
    Show
    Name: Deacon Kairos
    Power: Geomancer
    Role: Battlefield Control, Recon
    Spoiler: Class and Levels
    Show
    Human (Focused Study, Heart of the Fey)

Track 1: Sentinel [Darkness Defender] 1 / Armorist [Whitesmith] 2 / Investigator [Battered, Empiricist] 3
    Track 2: Symbiat [Hekatonkheir] 6

Description: Deacon is tall, taking after his father in many ways. He is an inch past six feet tall, and half expects one last growth spurt considering his family's tendency to pass that mark by more than a few inches. He is a bit of a bean pole though, scrawny despite his size. He wears a large leather flight jacket to downplay this aspect. His facial features are recognizably japanese, though most people have trouble noticing them at first glance behind the orange-red hair. Between that and his pale skin many assume he is irish rather than mixed japanese and british.

Personality: Deacon is observant and empathetic, often catching more than he let's on. He doesn't consider himself a leader so much as a trailblazer, pushing ahead in difficult situations to support the people that know how to gather and organize a crowd. He is a bit of a wanderer and explorer, the constantly shifting nature of his upbringing across various military bases giving him more of a taste for new experiences than stability, although that same upbringing instilled a respect for self-discipline if not necessarily unproven authority.

Background: Growing up it's never been in question that Deacon would join the Air Force. Both sides of his family have some measure of military service at least four generations back, although far back enough and the country changes a few times, with more than a few career officers or engineers. That said, with the world at relative peace and his academic record more than enough to ensure choice placement upon enlistment Deacon's parents didn't object to the idea of a gap year. Or at least eight months.

Rather than immediately enlist Deacon spent some time travelling through first europe and then asia, as well as a few detours not from his family's past (or to their knowledge). A month before he was to finally begin his military service his parents surprised him with a family cruise to spend some time relaxing first. Consisting mostly of sunbathing, despite his seemingly genetic inability to develop a tan, he was surprised to find out on the third day that the cruise ship had a few rental hang gliders. Blowing what little savings he still had wasn't even a question, and soon after he found himself in the air with only a thin tether keeping him from going too far away from the ship.

Then...fog. It seemed like one moment the sun was shining, and the next he couldn't see to the end of the glider's wing span. The next few moments were chaos as a sense of dread turned out to be precognitive, and an unexpected jolt told him the tether had come loose. Sudden vertigo lost him even the pretended sense of up from down, and he'd barely even begun trying to turn the glider into a controlled descent when he hit the water in a icy crash.

~ ~ ~

Coming to with a hacking cough Deacon pulled himself up from the shallow water he'd been half submerged in, forcing himself to push through the feel of sore muscles and burning lungs to put himself fully on land. Halfway out the line connecting him to his glider pulled taught, and looking back was the first sign that something strange was going on. What had been a simple one-person glider, barely more than a parasail, was now large enough to seat his entire family and possibly their luggage. Running a hand down the hull, streaming with strange symbols he couldn't read, brought the second sign. Similar runic symbols lit up all down his arms, causing him to jerk back and fall down into the half foot of seawater, and in a rush of wind the entire structure was pulled into the palm of his hand before disappearing.

At least a few minutes passed before Deacon's brain caught back up and was ready to deal with whatever was coming next...

Spoiler: Crunch Pad
    Show
    Code:
    Deacon Kairos

Human
     +2 Int
     Focused Study (Perception, ?, ?)
     Heart of the Fey (Low-light vision, +1 ref/will, Perc/Nature CS)

Trait: Sky Dancer
    Trait: Sacred Orienteer[Survival]
    Trait: Sharp Reflexes
    Drawback: Fey-Taken
    Background: Craft(Airship), Knowledge(Engineering)
    Background+Spheres: 35
    Skills from Class: 66 (101)

Sentinel [Darkness Defender] 1
    	BAB 1   	| Fort 2.5	| Ref .3 	| Will 2.5	| Skills 4	| d12
     1: Combat training, Defenderís soul, Violent challenge, sentinelís reserve, Reckless Stance
    Armorist [Whitesmith] 2
    	BAB 2   	| Fort 1	| Ref .3 	| Will 1	| Skills 4	| d10
     1: The Mystic Crucible (+1), casting, spell pool, Personal Refinement
     2: Arsenal trick [Extradimensional Storage]
    Investigator [Battered, Empiricist] 3
    	BAB 2.25 	| Fort 1	| Ref 3.5 	| Will 1.5	| Skills 6	| d8
     1: Combat Training (Adept), Veteranís Edge, inspiration, trapfinding
     2: Ceaseless Observation
     3: Investigator talent [Expanded Inspiration], Keen Eye, trap sense +1

BAB 4.25 	| Fort 4.5	| Ref 4.1 	| Will 5	| 30+(Int*6)	| 12+2d10+3d8
    |
    Symbiat [Hekatonkheir] 6
    	BAB 4.5 	| Fort 2	| Ref 5 	| Will 5	| Skills 4	| d8
     1: Battlefield sense, casting, Telekinetic Might, Thousand Unseen Hands, spell pool
     2: ESP, evasion
     3: Pushed movement, danger sense +1
     4: Uncanny dodge
     5: Two minds
     6: Danger sense +2

Casting Ability Modifier: Any Mental Score
    General Drawbacks: Magical Signs, Consciousness-Linked, Terrain Casting
    Boons: Wild Will (Water), Atmoturgy (Wind)

Spheres [Symbiat]
     Telekinesis
    	-Passive TK
    	+Telekinetic Tools
     1: Weather
     1: Divination
    	-Hidden Magic
    	+Witness the City
     2: See Hazard
     3: Warp
    	-Personal Warp
    	+Pouncing Teleport
     4: Store Structure
     6: Alternate Divinations, Advanced (Sense) [Touchsight]

Spheres [Sentinel/Investigator] [Free Runner]
     Athletics [Run]
     Athletics [Leap]
     Wall Stunt
     Ace Pilot
      Rock Toss
      Unarmed Training
     Guardian [Challenge]
    	-Without Delay
    	Swift Guardian
     Berserker
    	-Adrenaline Junky
    	+Marauder
     1: Shield
    	-Passive Shield
    	+Deflecting Shield
     Alchemy [Formulae; Salve]
    	-Mana Chemistry
    	+Improved Alchemist Fire
     Scout
     2: Advancing Carnage
     3: Air Stunt

Spheres [Armorist]
     Enhancement
     2: Natural Enhancement

Feats
     1: Skillful Force
     3: Force Shield
     5: Extra Talent (Genius for Magic)
     FCB6: Precogniscent Smite

ABP
    Resistance: +2
    Deflection: +1
    Toughening: +1
    Mental Prowess: Int +2
    Physical Prowess: Dex +2
    Weapon: Mind Limbs (+1)
    Armor: Green-touched Bracers of Armor +0 (+1)
    Shield: Force Shield (+1)

Gear
     3,000	Green-Touched Bracers of Armor +0
     2,500	Bag of Holding I
     1,000	Boots of the Cat
        75	Ioun Torch
       250	Traveler's Any-Tool
        20	Silk Rope 100'
        10	Small Tent
        20	Heatstone
       500	Wayfinder
       400	 Dark Blue Rhomboid (Cracked)

2	 Canteen
        10.5 Trail Rations (21 days)
          .1 Bedroll
        10	 Diving Suit
        20	 Fire-resistant boots (added to Boots of the Cat)
         5	 Filter Scarf
         *	 Explorer's Outfit
         8	 Cold Weather Outfit

150	 Portable Alchemy Lab (Slotless)
    /8,000
    Last edited by Lokyar; 2020-04-01 at 09:23 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

I am just about done with my character's crunch. edit: I am now done with fluff and only have gear left to purchase.

However I have another strange request. I like the dependent draw back which causes the shaken condition on failed diplomacy. However I am playing a paladin and would be immune to fear. Can I take this drawback with the understanding it ignores that fear immunity?
    Last edited by redfeline; 2020-03-27 at 12:50 AM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

12. - Top - End - #192

BarbarianGuy

Question, if I use the Sharding weapon ability on a unarmed strike(through Dragon's Tattoo), is it considered a thrown ranged attack when I go for something outside my normal melee reach?
    I'd just like to clarify since it affects my build quite a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

13. - Top - End - #193

Spoiler: Dice
    Show

(4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[13]

(1d10+7)[15]
    (1d10+7)[11]
    (1d10+7)[14]
    (1d10+7)[14]

(2d6+6)[17]
    (2d6+6)[13]
    (2d6+6)[15]
    (2d6+6)[12]
    (2d6+6)[15]
    (2d6+6)[12]

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry it's taken me a while to respond! Haven't updated the table in a couple days, been working on world/npc building and focusing my attention there. I'll have a look at what everyone's posted and try to get the table updated tonight or at least by tomorrow!

The deadline is going to be April 1st!
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Okay I am done depending on my last two requests. (Can I take the fear based drawback dependent, and have it pierce paladin fear immunity? Can I modify an Animated Portrait into an animated mirror?)
    So I figure I will post a more detailed description. Please let me know if the backstory is sufficient? I could run a more traditional character history or the 10 minute background if prefered.

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show

Alex finds himself in the body of his wife, had she been a gnome. Lydia's pink skin is now red, her hair once black is now dark blue. He thought she was short before, he was wrong. Her features and figure also seem more delicate, however every mole, freckle, and scar on the body are present and accounted for.

Spoiler: Personality and character flaw
    Show

Alex had always been inquisitive and gathered knowledge for the sake of knowledge. He has been a bit stern and aloft in the past and has an all business attitude most times. However he finds his personality shifted much like his appearance, although in a subtler fashion. He smiles more, even while hiding a deep sadness. He also has an urge to sing, something he never did before.

Alex deeply misses his wife and children.

Alex feels that he has to explain himself, and has his mindset clouded when ever he fails to explain his point of view or what ever facet he was trying to make understood.

Spoiler: Backstory / intro
    Show

Before the crisis: Alex looked out at the blue ocean, as he did so he understood why it was called the pacific. The sea went on for what seemed to be forever. I was a deep dark blue; he liked the color. Reflected in the sea he watches the the last of the sunset, the purples, pinks and reds. A soft metallic thump came in from his side. He turned to face Lydia, her hand now resting softly on the metal railing. He placed his arm around her and looked at face, smiling at every curve. Her blue eyes were violet in this light, he liked it and he leaned in close as pushed a lock of her dark brown hair behind her ear. He kissed her softly on cheek.

He turned his gaze back to the ocean, his life was like the sea. Sometimes turbulent and chaotic, but mostly calm and serene. Like the ocean his life offered many points for reflection. In the sea he could see the first two stars reflected, no not stars but planets. Mercury and Venus visible only for a short time close to dusk and dawn, two points of light that circled the sun eclipsed in the radiance of the its light. Lydia was the sun in his universe and his children the two innermost planets, the light of love normally covered them all equally. However right now, he missed his children and the light of there love shined brightly in his life. They were safe with their grandmother, and while he should never forget them, he should focus on the here and now. He gently took his wives hand and led her off to dinner. All of this was a pleasant dream, a pleasant memory to wake up to.

Awakening: Warmth drifted from his feet up to his waist and then drifted back down to his feat leaving a cool dampness before repeating the process all over again. He smelled brine and felt the coarse grit of a sandy beach under his face. What had happened? A vague memory of thick white fog rolling over the ship, as it seemed to vanish behind a white wall. He had been afraid, afraid for himself and for Lydia.

Lydia, he had to find her. He shoved the ground under himself, standing to his full height and opening his eyes. Blinding light blurred his vision for only a moment. Down the beach one way, no one. Shooting a glance to the other direction, long hair whipped him across his back. He had never had long hair before but some how the sensation seemed familiar to him, not that it mattered. He picked a direction and began to walk but his body felt foreign to him, all of the mass seemed to move strangely as if his body was trying to remember how to walk.

Off in the distance he spots silhouettes. Hopeful he lets loose a shout. "Lydia!" and moves quickly in that direction. A thought enters his mind again, he feels as if he is having out of body experience. Then it occurs to him, his voice was not his own, it was her voice. Lydia had just called her own name. He looks down at his own hands and they are not his hands but hers. A child hood scar rests behind the right thumb and on the left hand sits her wedding band. He had spent a week looking at every jeweler in town to find the perfect ring. He falls to his knees, no her knees suddenly aware he may not find her because he was her. No he was slightly different; her hands were to red, as if some one had scrubbed them too much with a brush.

Long white sleeves cover his arms, bound tightly with metal bracers at the wrist. His, no definitely her body was covered with a black tabard, across her waist was a belt with many pockets and she noticed a pack on her back for the first time. At her side sits a small axe. Across her neck is a ivory colored cloak. She is different, different from himself and different from Lydia. There is still hope I can find her. She approaches the silhouettes and they seem to grow, more and more. She has found himself in a world of giants, or she has shrunk to the size of a child.

Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Oh this looks fun!
    If I take two casting classes (say, Mageknight/Magus) do I have to keep strait which class I have which talents for or do I pool my spell points and magic talents and take the better of the two caster level?
    I'm thinking of building a character who's just super excited by what's going on, wanting to explore and discover all there is to discover about this magical world. (still need to decide on the tradition but I've narrowed it down to the magical pet one and the try random things until magic happens one. I could alter that slightly if I go black blade magus and/or spirit wielder fighter and have the source of magic be the strange sword he finds when he comes to. Oh yeah that sounds fun. Spirit wielder fighter/black blade magus and combine that into one sword. It would be like She-Ra/He-Man/soul eater style magic. The magic talents I would take myself would be flavor texted as using the sword in interesting ways like warp talents would involve me cutting through space and jumping through.
    I'm excited for this dude :D
    Last edited by Lord Foul; 2020-03-28 at 03:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Foul View Post
    Oh this looks fun!
    If I take two casting classes (say, Mageknight/Magus) do I have to keep strait which class I have which talents for or do I pool my spell points and magic talents and take the better of the two caster level?
    I'm thinking of building a character who's just super excited by what's going on, wanting to explore and discover all there is to discover about this magical world. (still need to decide on the tradition but I've narrowed it down to the cell phone one, the magical pet one and the try random things until magic happens one. I could alter that slightly if I go black blade magus and/or spirit wielder fighter and have the source of magic be the strange sword he finds when he comes to. Oh yeah that sounds fun. Spirit wielder fighter/black blade magus and combine that into one sword.
    This link should explain what you need to know about gestalting with spheres.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Ok cool! Thanks
    So one casting tradition, one martial tradition, +2 bonus martial sphere abilities for having two martial classes, pool my talents and spell points together, take highest caster level, only get the bonus 2 spheres for being a caster once sweet.
    Last edited by Lord Foul; 2020-03-28 at 03:38 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Foul View Post
    +2 bonus martial sphere abilities for having two martial classes,
    Specifically Discipline Talents or Armor Training. I wish it was a blanket +2 talents, but that would break balance. Other than that everything you said looks correct.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lokyar View Post
    Specifically Discipline Talents or Armor Training. I wish it was a blanket +2 talents, but that would break balance. Other than that everything you said looks correct.
    So two extra talents from spheres we already have (I think that's what discipline talents mean?) or armor training.
    Make that two talents from the proficiency section of the equipment sphere
    Still handy
    Last edited by Lord Foul; 2020-03-28 at 03:57 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I thought it was any talents too... Guess I have two more talents to retrain.

22. - Top - End - #202

Yeah it's always unfortunate when you realize you have less available once you've already picked stuff. I originally missed that you only get the +2 magic talents the first time and had to cut a few talents. And by then I'd already set my heart on burning up a few talents making my Skyrider into more than an albatross. Deacon was already prospective air force before I found that talent, so I can't ignore the fate on that.

Ended up having to curtail my Enhancement by a bit, but it works thematically since it'll take some time before he's good enough with it to imbue a group of people with elemental force without it exploding.
    Last edited by Lokyar; 2020-03-28 at 05:24 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Again, sorry for the delay! The SU finale occupied more of my time than expected. Answering questions first, then updating the table!

@Hellfire014 - I'll allow you to take another race's FCB, but (I don't know if I mentioned this anywhere) you can only take FCB for one side of your gestalt, so keep that in mind! Everyone else, just blanket statement, you're allowed to take any race's FCB for a class.

@oyzar - You can take all the Sphere-Specific Drawbacks you want!

@PotatoGolem -
    1. The others that replied are correct on the ABP
    2. Forceful Smash is fine
    3. Refer to what I said to Hellfire just above!

@Lokyar -
    1. ABP on Natural Weapons is fine
    2. ABP on weapons made by spells/magic/feats is not allowed
    3. Using the Rock Throwing for range increase is fine with me
    4. You can have a Skyglider at the beginning of the game if you've sunk the investment into it with both features/talents and the GP cost.
    5. I will allow the swap to Geography.

@redfeline - Yes, you can take that drawback with the caveat it gets around your character's immunity to fear. Animated Portrait into Animated Mirror is fine.

@ChaoticHarmony - Yes, it would be a thrown ranged attack.

Okay! If I missed anyone's question, feel free to run it by me again! Working on the table update now!

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

The table should now be updated! If you see something incorrect on there, let me know! Also, I would appreciate it if anyone who didn't have their character's backstory on their sheet somewhere would put it on there! Helps me out in looking them over and keeping them straight as I start to figure out who I want to select!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbbug3 View Post
    2. ABP on weapons made by spells/magic/feats is not allowed
    So no ABP on Armorist's semi-permanently owned Bound Equipment?

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    So no ABP on Armorist's semi-permanently owned Bound Equipment?
    No, you get it if it's a class feature. But if it's a bonus thing made from a sphere or feat, then you don't.

27. - Top - End - #207

MindFlayer

So I realized I totally missed the perfect PrC for Mike: Evangelist! It would require figuring out Anbay's Boons/Obedience though (or, more simply, making them those of a similar existing deity). GM, are you ok with me going that route?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Total newb question but how do you format the dice roller
    I've tested [dice]4d6[/dice] and (4d6)[15] with the preview button and neither worked
    Edit: wait what
    Last edited by Lord Foul; 2020-03-28 at 08:12 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler: dice test
    Show

(2d6+6)[17]
    (2d6+6)[17]
    (2d6+6)[9]
    (2d6+6)[13]
    (2d6+6)[10]
    (2d6+6)[14]

[roll]1d10+7[/roll]
    [roll]1d10+7[/roll]
    [roll]1d10+7[/roll]
    [roll]1d10+7[/roll]

Hmm
    Not a fan of this dice roller
    If you have an ability that lets you reroll things in a big string like sneak attack or evocations you would have to roll each dice individually
    And heaven forbid you need to edit your post
    Last edited by Lord Foul; 2020-03-28 at 08:20 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

d6 Re: Rift in Reality [PF1e Isekai Gestalt w/ Spheres]

Spoiler: sorry for spam
    Show
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[13]

(1d10+7)[11]
    (1d10+7)[15]
    (1d10+7)[9]
    (1d10+7)[12]

Ok looks like the first set is best
    Str 14
    Dex 19
    Con 10
    Int 20
    Wis 9
    Cha 15
    After human racials and ABP.
    That's very solid ok cool. Build is nearly done, I just need to do calculations a pick a couple feats and get a minor customization approved

Caleb Anthony Vaty is going to be a fighter/magus with an incredibly magical sword that's teaching him magic so long as he can jury rig enough stuff to keep it charged (if this is ok I'm picking the bringing in your own stuff tradition so I can have access to technomancy sphere for shenanigans later and because I think it's really fun that the incredibly magical tutor sword is actually some kinda advanced forgotten/abandoned technological artifact from ages past and/or aliens

I would also like to request that I treat my magus black blade, my spirit wielder awakened sword and my conjuration sphere summon as the same object
    That last one is the only one not already explicitly allowed by the rules, but also it's something of a self nerf to my action economy so I'm really hoping it is allowed.
    I'm still writing up the explanation for the characters powers but tldr they wake up after the isekai event in a half submerged cave with next to a sword in the stone kinda situation
    Caleb grabs the handle out of curiosity and hears a voice in his head telling him he's worthy, pain goes through his body as it changes/alters him to better fit the role of bearer of the blade (think Thor/He-Man/She-Ra)
    Only problem is that this depletes most of the power still remaining in the weapon. He gets a low power indicator in his head and manages to jury rig a charging station using scrap from the ship, his phone and smart watch, maybe his laptop survived too, whatever he ended up using.
    But either do to its long stint in low power mode, the brief stint in its critically low power mode or the method used to charge it but much of the files have data corruption and the AI living inside the sword is glitchy. The AI promises to help in trying to restore its corrupted files and teach Caleb magic (albeit magic he needs the sword for)
    Last edited by Lord Foul; 2020-03-28 at 08:58 PM.