Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Rift in Reality [PF1e Isekai Gestalt w/ Spheres]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Foul View Post
    Hmm
    Not a fan of this dice roller
    If you have an ability that lets you reroll things in a big string like sneak attack or evocations you would have to roll each dice individually
    And heaven forbid you need to edit your post
    The Edit prevention is an anti cheating measure iirc. Also for sneak attack and other dice you get rerolls for you can use the dice command [rollv]xdy[/rollv] with x being the number of y sized dice as normal. This makes it so it displays each die rolled separately in the post and totals them at the end. Note that the rollv command will not include any additions in the total so [rollv]xdy+1[/rollv] will not include the +1 in the total.

Posting the Sheet for Zachariah Walker Working on backstory now. Equipment still needs finishing.
    Last edited by bcool999; 2020-03-28 at 10:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

I had totally forgot about the discipline talents. I took the opportunity to upgrade Raymond Carter to a butchering axe. A note on alignment: He is Lawful Good because he is well socialized and has a strong backbone of integrity. But being in a completely new context may very well change him....
    Semper ludens.

Last Watch * OOC * MAP
    The Moonscar * OOC

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bcool999 View Post
    The Edit prevention is an anti cheating measure iirc. Also for sneak attack and other dice you get rerolls for you can use the dice command [rollv]xdy[/rollv] with x being the number of y sized dice as normal. This makes it so it displays each die rolled separately in the post and totals them at the end. Note that the rollv command will not include any additions in the total so [rollv]xdy+1[/rollv] will not include the +1 in the total.

Posting the Sheet for Zachariah Walker Working on backstory now. Equipment still needs finishing.
    I get that it's an anti cheating measure, it's just mildly annoying
    It's good that they have an answer for the dice thing, I just wish I could find like a consolidated list of the code command things, but I couldn't find one on a quick google search at work
    Thanks for telling me this though :)

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

I fiddled with the concept a little more, and ended up doubling down on the Blood Magic and (self) sacrifice theme

Nick is a ex-con, on this cruise to really decompress and figure out what to do next

Spoiler: Basic Info
    Show
    Race: Aasimar (Archon-blooded, Scion of Humanity)
    Side A: Voyager 6
    Side B: Bloodrager 1 (Hemophage) / Incanter 3 / Hedgewitch 2 (Iron Mage)

Combat Role: Melee skirmisher/tank and battlefield control

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Nick considers DC his hometown, though he's really from all over. As the child of a military police officer and a nurse, he's had to move quite a bit. His earliest memories are of moving, leaving Tampa for the arid, frozen tundra that surrounded their new home in Alaska. At least they weren't there long. Or anywhere else for that matter. They only really settled down once he was in his teens, when his father decided to retire from the military.

Never really having gotten the hang of making friends quickly, Nick was glad for the change. Not that the switch was entirely smooth. At first, the amount of freedom was amazing. No imposed curfews, no restrictions on where he could and couldn't go in his neighborhood, etc. But that wasn't enough. He wanted more, started acting out in other ways. Compounded with the transition to public school, it wasn't much of a surprise that his grades fell nearly all across the board.

He fell in with the wrong crowds and picked up a lot of bad habits. Ended up in juvie a couple times, long, drawn-out arguments with his parents, drugs and alcohol. The whole nine yards. Things continued to escalate, and ultimately ended as you'd expect: Nick found himself stuck in a tiny cell, watching the world go by.

It probably would have just gotten worse and worse, if his cellmate hadn't been there for him. The various programs had worked for him, and he was eager to help Nick. Gradually, things improved, and when the time came for his release, the Nicholas Albrecht that left was a different man.
    Last edited by Irrelephant; 2020-03-31 at 10:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Caleb Anthony Vaty is going to be a fighter/magus with an incredibly magical sword that's teaching him magic so long as he can jury rig enough stuff to keep it charged (if this is ok I'm picking the bringing in your own stuff tradition so I can have access to technomancy sphere for shenanigans later and because I think it's really fun that the incredibly magical tutor sword is actually some kinda advanced forgotten/abandoned technological artifact from ages past and/or aliens

I would also like to request that I treat my magus black blade, my spirit wielder awakened sword and my conjuration sphere summon as the same object
    That last one is the only one not already explicitly allowed by the rules, but also it's something of a self nerf to my action economy so I'm really hoping it is allowed.
    I'm still writing up the explanation for the characters powers but tldr they wake up after the isekai event in a half submerged cave with next to a sword in the stone kinda situation
    Caleb grabs the handle out of curiosity and hears a voice in his head telling him he's worthy, pain goes through his body as it changes/alters him to better fit the role of bearer of the blade (think Thor/He-Man/She-Ra)
    Only problem is that this depletes most of the power still remaining in the weapon. He gets a low power indicator in his head and manages to jury rig a charging station using scrap from the ship, his phone and smart watch, maybe his laptop survived too, whatever he ended up using.
    But either do to its long stint in low power mode, the brief stint in its critically low power mode or the method used to charge it but much of the files have data corruption and the AI living inside the sword is glitchy. The AI promises to help in trying to restore its corrupted files and teach Caleb magic (albeit magic he needs the sword for)
    Interesting idea! I'll allow it, since it's a nerf and not a power-up.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbbug3 View Post
    Interesting idea! I'll allow it, since it's a nerf and not a power-up.
    Awesome! Thanks!
    I will have pretty good action economy, but you won't have to deal with me trying to cast 3 spells and a full attack on the same turn like I could if the conjuration sphere creature and full attack in the same round lol

Just need to name the sword and/or the AI within the sword now (they could have the same name but might not)

Edit: also how do you want ABP to interact with my already having an enchanted weapon from black blade arcana that I can further enchant with my other magus abilities? Would you like me to consider it an implement? If so, I'll have my phone be my second implement (for the technomancy sphere) for my second weapon atunement. Not sure what sphere I should have the sword implement enhancement
    Last edited by Lord Foul; 2020-03-29 at 01:23 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Awesome! Thanks!
    I will have pretty good action economy, but you won't have to deal with me trying to cast 3 spells and a full attack on the same turn like I could if the conjuration sphere creature and full attack in the same round lol

Just need to name the sword and/or the AI within the sword now (they could have the same name but might not)

Edit: also how do you want ABP to interact with my already having an enchanted weapon from black blade arcana that I can further enchant with my other magus abilities? Would you like me to consider it an implement?
    You can apply the ABP to the black blade since it's a class feature.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Stein at least got a background and a description now. I'm not entirely happy with it, so I might rewrite it, but I'll let you know if I do. Hopefully you like him. Let me know if you have any questions or would like me to change anything.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbbug3 View Post
    You can apply the ABP to the black blade since it's a class feature.
    Oh cool. That means it's a +3 weapon (that I can boost to being a +5 (or more commonly, a +4 shocking)).
    that's proper artifact of mysterious origin tier there

I just have to pick my skills, one talent and one feat (combat, item creation, meta magic or magic talent) and I'll be done :)

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rolling for HP

Spoiler: Dice
    Show
    (3d6)[4][3][3](10)
    (2d8)[1][4](5)

Edit: Totally forgot to account for rerolls, should have thought about that
    Last edited by Irrelephant; 2020-03-30 at 12:49 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

Going to through a couple extra dice in there this time

Spoiler: Rerolls
    Show
    (4d8)[8][6][6][6](26)

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler: Caleb Vaty crunch
    Show

Party role: melee DPS with good sustain and mobility , secondary role is support/debuff (also everyone using martial spheres is gonna end up a bit of a skill monkey)

Magus (sphere, bladebonded)/Fighter (spirit wielder)

Str 14
    Dex 19
    Con 10
    Int 20
    Wis 9
    Cha 15

Base defense
    AC 21. 10+5 (+1 Attuned chain shirt or modern day equivalent. Maybe a trench coat. Trench coats are classy)+4 (dex)+1 (natural)+1 (deflection)
    Touch 15 flat foot 17
    Saves
    Fort 7 reflex 8 will 6 +2 on saves vs illusions

Base offense
    Bab 6 Caster level 6
    Melee
    Black blade to hit +13/+8 damage 1d8+10 19-20 crit
    Ranged
    Destructive blast +10 touch 3d6 bludgeon/shock or 3d4 nonlethal force (can be channeled through the sword in melee)

Fatal thrust (effectively sneak attack) 2d6, spellstrike, spell combat

Feats
    1 combat reflexes
    1 power attack
    1 furious focus
    2 extra combat talent (war-leader sphere)
    3 finesse training
    4 finesse training 2
    5 martial focus
    5 curmudgeon smash
    6 cut from the air

Spell points 14
    Arcana points 7
    Traits
    Magical knack (magus) (+2 to caster level, caps at HD)
    War Smith +1 bonus to damage against creatures and objects made primarily of clay, crystal, earth, metal, or stone. +1 Knowledge (engineering) and it becomes a class skill (normally a dwarf only trait, but there are no dwarves on earth and I need more know (engineering) and this is the only one I found outside of a campaign trait which is usually banned outside that campaign)
    Opportunistic gambler (morale bonuses that affect me last 1d4 extra rounds)
    Drawback
    Overprotective (-2 to hit & on skills if you go more than 10 feet away from an unconscious ally)

Alternate racial traits
    Imposter-Wary You gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusion spells and effects, 1 free rank in Sense Motive at 1st level, and 1 additional rank in Sense Motive whenever they gain a level. This racial trait replaces skilled. Source PZO9480

Skills
    (2+int(5)+2 background)x level +5 ranks slight of hand, max ranks bluff, diplomacy &sense motive

Perception 6-1+3+2=10
    Know (nature) 4+5+3=12
    Know (arcane) 6+5+3=14
    Know (dungeoneering) 2+5+3=10
    Intimidate 6+2+3=11
    Disable device 6+4+3=13
    Survival 3+3-1=5
    Heal 3+3-1=5
    Handle animal 3+2+3=8
    Sense motive 6-1+3+2=10
    Bluff 6+2=8
    Diplomacy 6+2=8
    Slight of hand 5+4+3 (+2 on checks to conceal weapons)
    Know (engineering) 6+5+3+1=15
    Craft (mechanical) 3+5+3=11
    Artistry (digital) 3+2+3=8

Languages known: English, Spanish, French, German, mandarin, Japanese (can swap out German for common if we aren't just calling English common, alternatively I can have the sword translate, which could be fun)

Martial tradition/talents

Rogue Weapon Training (discipline)
    You gain proficiency with the blade boot, butterfly knife, garrote, hand crossbow, kukri, rapier, sap, short sword, shortbow, starknife, switchblade knife, sword cane, war razor, and whip. Additionally, you gain a +2 competence bonus to Sleight of Hand checks made to conceal a weapon on your person. At +10 base attack bonus, this competence bonus increases to +4.

Scoundrel sphere
    Masters of subtlety and guile, practitioners of the Scoundrel sphere know how to best manipulate opponents into dropping their guard before taking them for everything they have. When you gain the Scoundrel sphere, you gain 5 ranks in the Sleight of Hand skill, plus 5 ranks per additional talent spent in the Scoundrel sphere (maximum ranks equal to your total Hit Dice). If you already have ranks in the Sleight of Hand skill you may immediately retrain them, but you do not get to retrain when only temporarily gaining talents, such as through the armigerís customized weapons class feature.
    All practitioners of the Scoundrel sphere gain the following abilities:
    Swift Hands
    You may use your Dexterity in place of your Strength when attempting a dirty trick or steal maneuver and may use your ranks in the Sleight of Hand skill in place of your base attack bonus when determining your combat maneuver bonus to perform a dirty trick or steal maneuver. In addition, you may apply any enhancement bonuses to your unarmed strikes to your dirty trick and steal combat maneuvers.
    Marked Target
    You may make a melee touch attack against a creature as a swift action; if this attack is successful, the creature is battered and takes a -1 penalty on Perception checks for 1 round. For every 4 ranks in Sleight of Hand you possess, this penalty is increased by 1.
    Whenever you perform a steal or dirty trick combat maneuver, or make a Sleight of Hand check to take an object from a target unnoticed, you may apply one (trick) talent to it. (Trick) talents cannot be applied to maneuvers performed as a free action.

(Reminder: take steel spells from the scoundrel sphere at 9th+ level)

Fencer sphere
    Fencers are quick fighters who use nimble footwork and expert feints to open up their target before landing a fatal blow.
    When you gain the Fencing sphere, you gain 5 ranks in the Bluff skill, plus 5 ranks per additional talent spent in the Fencing sphere (maximum ranks equal to your total Hit Dice). If you already have ranks in the Bluff skill you may immediately retrain them, but you do not get to retrain when only temporarily gaining talents, such as through the armigerís customized weapons class feature.
    Fatal Thrust
    Whenever you make an attack action or an attack of opportunity against a target that is within 30 ft. and that you are flanking, that is flat-footed, or that has lost its Dexterity bonus to AC (such as through a successful feint), you deal an additional +1d6 precision damage to the target. This damage is not multiplied on a critical hit. This damage increases by an additional 1d6 precision damage for every 5 points of base attack bonus you possess.
    A fencer may apply the effects of a single (exploit) talent to any fatal thrust.

Hand Slash (exploit)
    Make a disarm combat maneuver against the target as a free action. This disarm does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Warleader
    When you gain the Warleader sphere, you gain 5 ranks in the Diplomacy skill, plus 5 ranks per additional talent spent in the Warleader sphere (maximum ranks equal to your total Hit Dice). If you already have ranks in the Diplomacy skill you may immediately retrain them, but you do not get to retrain when only temporarily gaining talents, such as through the armigerís customized weapons class feature.
    Tactics
    Tactics are coordinated battle plans that require continuing direction from the practitioner to maintain. A creature must have line of sight to, and be able to see, the practitioner to benefit from a tactic. Beginning a tactic is a move action, and it can be maintained each round as a move or swift action. Once activated, you may switch between any tactics you know each time you use a swift action to maintain an ongoing tactic. Tactics affect all allied creatures within a radius of 10 ft. + 5ft. per rank in Diplomacy you possess, and may be centered on any square you have both line of sight and line of effect to. You may recenter an ongoing tactic at a new location as part of the swift action used to maintain it. The benefits of your tactics end immediately if you are helpless, killed, paralyzed, rendered unconscious, or stunned.
    When you first gain the Warleader sphere, you gain the following tactic:

Aggressive Flanking
    While within the affected area of this tactic, allied creatures are considered to be flanking as long as they both threaten the same creature, regardless of their comparative positioning.

Shouts
    Shouts are sound-based effects centered on the practitioner that affect creatures in an area of effect centered on the practitioner with a radius of 10 ft. + 5 ft. per 2 ranks in Diplomacy the practitioner possesses. The practitioner may choose whether or not to include himself in the effects of his shout. The effects of shouts last for a number of rounds equal to 1 + 1 for every 4 ranks in Diplomacy you possesses, and use your ranks in Diplomacy instead of your base attack bonus when determining any saving throws. Unless otherwise noted, using a shout is a standard action. Deaf characters or characters otherwise lacking the ability to hear gain a +5 bonus on all saves against shout effects, and must attempt a saving throw against a shout even if its effects would be beneficial. Practitioners in the area of a silence spell or otherwise unable to make a sound cannot use shouts until they are once more able to be heard.
    While some shouts only affect allies or enemies, others affect all targets within their area of effect. When performing such a shout, you may spend a move action to warn your allies to cover their ears and negate the effects, but doing so gives enemies within the area of effect a +5 bonus to their saving throw against the shoutís effects. Some shouts may require you to expend your martial focus, as described in their entry.
    When you first gain the Warleader sphere, you gain the following shout:
    Fierce Shout
    When you use this shout, you and all affected allies gain a +1 morale bonus on damage rolls on their first attack each turn. For every 2 ranks in Diplomacy you possess, this morale bonus to damage is increased by +1. This is a mind-affecting emotion effect.

Triumph [Conq. HB]
    Whenever you succeed on an attack action, you may shout as a swift action. You may expend martial focus to make this shout as a free action.

Lead By Example [Conq. HB] (drawback)
    You may only use a shout while threatening an enemy. You must take Triumph with the bonus talent gained through this drawback.
    Incompatible: Meek Leader.

Firearm Proficiency (discipline)
    You gain proficiency with all firearms (except siege weapons) and the Gunsmithing feat.
    Wiki Note: It is reasonable for any Martial Tradition that grants this proficiency to also grant a battered firearm. (Source)

Thief
    Thieves avoid fair fights whenever possible. Their favorite tactic is to take their opponents unaware, but barring that, a dirty trick or a well-placed feint will let them end the fight quickly.
    Bonus Talents:
    * Equipment: Rogue Weapon Training
    * Scoundrel sphere
    * Fencing sphere
    * Variable: Thieves gain either an Equipment talent of their choice, or a talent from the Scoundrel or Fencing spheres. (Hand slash)
    * Bonus 2 for having another martial class: firearm proficiency, Techmaniac

Magic talents
    1 destruction sphere
    1 conjuration sphere
    1 technomancy sphere
    1 greater summon
    1 lingering companion
    2 mana drain blast type
    3 warp sphere
    4 pouncing teleport
    5 dimensional storage
    6 unwilling teleport

Sphere specific drawbacks
    Conjuration: limited range, elongated summoning
    (Also yes I am taking the somatic casting drawback for more spell points)

Magus arcana
    3 black blade
    6 Destructive Spellstrike (requires Destruction sphere)
    Whenever the magus uses a destructive blast with a spellstrike, he may change the damage type of the blast to match whatever damage type his weapon does. This can be bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing, or if he is wielding a weapon with magic special abilities, whatever damage type the weapon is capable of doing.
    6 (bonus from FCB) Enhanced Spellstrike
    When the magus uses his spellstrike ability with a weapon he has enhanced with his arcane pool, he may apply the full enhancement bonus he imbued the weapon with (including the bonus he used to acquire special abilities) as a caster level enhancement bonus to any sphere ability delivered with the spellstrike.

Spoiler: Sword stats
    Show

Str 5 dex 18 con 13 int 14 wis 16 cha 18
    Small size
    5 HD
    +3 Dueling Sword with a glowing orb in the pommel
    Caster level 4 (6th level mid caster)
    Enhancement sphere (spirit wielder bonus)
    1 life
    1 physical enhancement
    3 alter movement
    5 mental enhancement
    Marking enhancement (enhancement sphere drawback)

Arcana pool 3
    Spell points 13

Life
    Cure
    As a standard action, you may spend a spell point to touch a target and heal it an amount of damage equal to 1d8 + your caster level. To living creatures, this is a harmless positive energy effect, but it is harmful to undead and other creatures normally damaged by positive energy (Will half).
    Invigorate
    As a standard action, you may invigorate a touched creature, granting them temporary hit points equal to your caster level (minimum 1). Unlike normal temporary hit points, this ability can only be used on an injured target and cannot raise a targetís current hit points plus their temporary hit points to be higher than their total hit points. This benefit lasts for 1 hour (Will negates (harmless)).
    Restore
    As a standard action, you may touch a target and spend a spell point to restore their health (Will negates (harmless)). When using restore, you must choose to restore mind, body, or soul. If affecting multiple targets, this choice becomes the same for all targets.
    If restoring mind, this accomplishes all of the following:
    * Removes the dazzled condition.
    * Removes the shaken condition or lessens frightened to shaken, or panicked to frightened.
    * Removes the staggered condition.
    If restoring body, this accomplishes all of the following:
    * Removes the battered condition. (See Spheres of Might.)
    * Removes the fatigued condition or lessens exhaustion to fatigued.
    * Removes the sickened condition or lessens nauseated to sickened.
    If restoring soul, this:
    * Heals 1d4 points of ability damage to one ability score of your choice.
    If the condition targeted is part of an on-going effect, restore instead suppresses the condition for a number of rounds equal to your caster level. This cannot be used to remove curses or instantaneous effects.

Mage

Your companion gains poor base attack bonus progression (equal to 1/2 Hit Dice, rounded down) and uses a d6 for its Hit Dice. The companion must choose the Magical Companion (form) talent as its free (form) talent, but is not required to use natural casting, and may gain a casting tradition of your choice. The companion is considered a Mid-Caster, and gains spell points equal to its Hit Dice plus its casting ability modifier.

A mage companion must still spend feats to gain additional magic talents, as usual, and does not gain the two free bonus talents a caster usually gains with the casting class feature. A mage companion loses Climb and Swim as class skills but gains Knowledge (arcana) and Spellcraft as class skills. A mage companion may choose to give up the natural attacks granted by its base form to gain the Implement Bearer (form) talent as a bonus talent. This archetype cannot be combined with the mindless companion archetype.

Magical Companion (form)
    Your companion possesses powerful, natural magic. It is considered to possess the casting class feature with no casting tradition (natural casting) and uses Charisma as its casting ability modifier. Its Charisma increases by 1/2 its Hit Dice (minimum +1) and it gains a spell pool equal to its Charisma modifier, and a caster level equal to 1/2 its Hit Dice. The companion does not gain 2 bonus magic talents like most casters do, but may select magic talents with its feats. A companion can never possess the Conjuration sphere.

Devotion: At 5 Hit Dice, a companion gains a +4 morale bonus on Will saves against charm and enchantment effects, such as enchantment school spells or the Mind sphere.

Black blade

Intelligence: This is the intelligence score of the black blade. It starts at 10 and increases by 1 for every two levels of the bladebound magus (at 3rd level, 5th level, and so on).
    Wisdom and Charisma: As the bladebound magus increases in level, so do the Wisdom and Charisma of the black blade. These abilities start at 6 and increase by 1 for every two levels of magus.

Languages and Skills: A black blade starts with Common as a language. As the black blade increases in Intelligence, it manifests knowledge of languages and arcane lore. Upon reaching an Intelligence of 12, it gains a bonus language of the GMís choice, and gains 1 rank in Knowledge (arcana). Each time the sword gains a bonus to Intelligence, it gains another language and another rank in Knowledge (arcana).

Alertness (Ex): While a magus is wielding his black blade, he gains the Alertness feat.
    Black Blade Strike (Sp): As a free action, the magus can spend a point from the black bladeís arcane pool to grant the black blade a +1 bonus on damage rolls for 1 minute. For every four levels beyond 1st, this ability gives the black blade another +1 on damage rolls.
    Telepathy (Su): While a magus is wielding or carrying his black blade, he can communicate telepathically with the blade in a language that the magus and the black blade share.
    Unbreakable (Ex): As long as it has at least 1 point in its arcane pool, a black blade is immune to the broken condition. If broken, the black blade is unconscious and powerless until repaired. If destroyed, the black blade can be reforged 1 week later through a special ritual that costs 200 gp per magus level. The ritual takes 24 hours to complete.
    Energy Attunement (Su): At 5th level, as a free action, a magus can spend a point of his black bladeís arcane pool to have it deal one of the following types of damage instead of weapon damage: cold, electricity, or fire. He can spend 2 points from the black bladeís arcane pool to deal sonic or force damage instead of weapon damage. This effect lasts until the start of the magusís next turn.

Spirit wielder

Coax The Weapon-Spirit (Su)
    A spirit-wielder of at least 2nd level may spend 8 hours ritually awakening the spirit of one of his weapons. The weapon becomes an intelligent weapon (if it was not previously). The weapon begins with an Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma of 10. At 6th level and every 4 levels thereafter, increase each of its mental ability scores by +2. The weapon shares the spirit-wielderís alignment and always begins friendly toward the spirit-wielder. The sword gains telepathy (but only with its wielder), and understands all languages its wielder does. It is aware of everything around it like a creature that can see and hear, and can be blinded and deafened as if it were a creature. The weapon uses the spirit-wielderís saving throws as its own.

Kindle the Weapon-Spirit (Su)
    At 3rd level, a spirit-wielderís awakened weapon gains the Enhancement sphere, with a spell pool equal to its Charisma modifier. It is treated as a Low-Caster with a level equal to the spirit-wielderís class level. The weapon gains an additional magic talent of the spirit-wielderís choice at 7th, 11th, and 15th level, and can even branch out to different spheres if desired. An awakened weapon may select a casting tradition - if the tradition possesses a drawback the awakened weapon cannot satisfy on its own (such as Somatic Casting), it must have its wielder fulfill it instead (usually a free action).
    An awakened weapon can target its wielder with magical effects, even when the effect can normally only target the caster.
    This ability replaces armor training 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Conjuration companion
    3 feats, orb shape (in the pommel of the sword)
    Mage archetype
    2+int skills per level
    +1/2 hd to cha
    +cha to spell pool
    +1 slam (1d6)

Skills (2+int (2) per level +2 ranks in know (arcana))
    Know (arcana) +5+2+3=+10
    Know (engineering) 5+2+3=+10
    Know (history) 5+2+3=+10
    Know (religion) 2+2+3=+7
    Perception 5+3+3+2=13

Feats
    Extra magic talent (x3)

Languages (all languages I know +common and 2 languages of the DM's choice, I suggest binary and some kinda ancient language or the local language)

Spoiler: Caleb Fluf
    Show
    Caleb, back on the mainland, worked as the tech guy for his local church in downtown Chicago. He made sure the lights were done right and the sound system worked and he managed their social media platform. It was good work. Honest, not too difficult and he felt he was doing a good thing, but there was always something lacking, a sense of adventure, a stronger sense of purpose, so when he heard the church was going to be sponsoring some mission work helping the sick and poor down in some tropical nation he hadn't really thought much about until that point, he figured this was just what he needed and signed himself up.

When Caleb came to after the crash, he was in a strange smooth cave, partially submerged in the water. He was cold and damp, but the cave felt warm, and there was a gentle pulsing sound leading him further inside, since that was the way out of the water and he was always a dangerously curious young man, he started to walk towards it.

Eventually he starts seeing carvings and dimly glowing lines that look almost but not quite like circuits that glow brighter and then dim in sync with the pulses he kept hearing, following those lines eventually lead him to a strange marble pedestal covered in runes of a script he didn't recognize, a sword stabbed into a slot in the top. He felt the sword calling out to him as he approached and gripped the handle. Upon contact he felt searing pain go up his arm alongside those glowing lines from the walls and the words THOU ART WORTHY seeming to engrave themselves on his mind before he passed out, the lights of the green lines fading before so did everything else.
    Last edited by Lord Foul; 2020-03-30 at 03:24 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Pixie in the Playground

Just sneakin' in under the wire for recruitment. Thinking on an idea.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Halfling in the Playground

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is this going to be done by Play by Post?

2) When are submissions due?

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hmwd View Post
    I have a couple of questions:

1) Is this going to be done by Play by Post?

2) When are submissions due?
    Yes, and April 1st.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Oh it's so close. I am excited

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

at the moment I'm going with https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1297667

None of the other traditions seem to exactly work in my mind with the character's "magic"

I did have a space priest character I was designing first, but none of the traditions worked well for that either.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

(5d10)[10][6][7][2][1](26)
    Almost forgot the hp rolls
    [rollv]2d10[/rollv]
    Last edited by Lord Foul; 2020-03-31 at 09:08 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Ok fine I'll put the rerolls in a separate post
    [roll0]

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

What the heck?
    Ok let's try this again?
    (2d10)[6][7](13)

21. - Top - End - #231

WolfInSheepsClothing

What the heck?
    If you preview, edit, or quote a post containing rolls, it won't work right as an anti-cheating measure.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ooogooman View Post
    If you preview, edit, or quote a post containing rolls, it won't work right as an anti-cheating measure.
    I didn't... at least not intentionally. Apparently trying to post within 60 seconds counts?

23. - Top - End - #233

WolfInSheepsClothing

It does, because the interface that shows you the 'please wait X seconds before you post again...' message displays a preview of your post.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Pixie in the Playground

So, hoping I did this right, roll dem bones:
    Spoiler: 4d6b3
    Show

Roll #1: [roll0]
    Roll #2: [roll1]
    Roll #3: [roll2]
    Roll #4: [roll3]
    Roll #5: [roll4]
    Roll #6: [roll5]
    Roll #7: [roll6]

Spoiler: Focus / Foil
    Show

FOIL: 8
    X1: [roll7]
    X2: [roll8]
    X3: [roll9]
    X4: [roll10]
    FOCUS: 18

Spoiler: 2d6+6
    Show

Roll #1: [roll11]
    Roll #2: [roll12]
    Roll #3: [roll13]
    Roll #4: [roll14]
    Roll #5: [roll15]
    Roll #6: [roll16]

25. - Top - End - #235
    Pixie in the Playground

'Aight try, try again since the first fancy one with spoilers did not work.

So, for the rolls:
    4d6b3
    Roll #1: [roll0]
    Roll #2: [roll1]
    Roll #3: [roll2]
    Roll #4: [roll3]
    Roll #5: [roll4]
    Roll #6: [roll5]
    Roll #7: [roll6]

FOIL method
    X1: [roll7]
    X2: [roll8]
    X3: [roll9]
    X4: [roll10]

2d6+6
    Roll #1: [roll11]
    Roll #2: [roll12]
    Roll #3: [roll13]
    Roll #4: [roll14]
    Roll #5: [roll15]
    Roll #6: [roll16]

26. - Top - End - #236
    Pixie in the Playground

So apparently do not use preview?

So, for the rolls:
    4d6b3
    Roll #1: (4d6b3)[13]
    Roll #2: (4d6b3)[12]
    Roll #3: (4d6b3)[14]
    Roll #4: (4d6b3)[8]
    Roll #5: (4d6b3)[8]
    Roll #6: (4d6b3)[14]
    Roll #7: (4d6b3)[8]

FOIL method
    X1: (1d10+7)[16]
    X2: (1d10+7)[9]
    X3: (1d10+7)[11]
    X4: (1d10+7)[9]

2d6+6
    Roll #1: (2d6+6)[11]
    Roll #2: (2d6+6)[14]
    Roll #3: (2d6+6)[14]
    Roll #4: (2d6+6)[17]
    Roll #5: (2d6+6)[12]
    Roll #6: (2d6+6)[16]

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I suppose discord's and Paizo's dice bots have me spoiled lol (the latter for letting you see your dice results in the preview , and the former for not having a preview function in the first place lol)
    It does make me feel better that I'm not the only one having to adjust a bit

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Alright. My procrastination got me yet again but I am finished with Zachariah Walker. Got backstory down in other notes and finished stating out equipment. Not sure how in universe he would understand half of the crap he has but that should probably be part of the fun with an Isekai.

I will try to find a picture for Zach and write in a description but it is close enough for me to call it complete.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nick should be all done! I've also given him a humoral ooze buddy through the conjuration sphere and added it's link as well

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

rolling for HP (5d10)[8][7][10][7][3](35)

And a string of rerolls from left to right (10d10)[6][2][3][1][6][2][2][8][7][9](46)
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence