New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: what are some ultimate items in this game?

What book is acorn of far travel from?

EDIT:
    and in any case, my version has the slight advantage that it can also work with the elemental plane of fire, which would quickly kill a tree.
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2020-03-22 at 10:47 AM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

2. - Top - End - #62

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    What book is acorn of far travel from?
    Das be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    EDIT:
    and in any case, my version has the slight advantage that it can also work with the elemental plane of fire, which would quickly kill a tree.
    That's what half-fire-elemental oak treants are for.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Biggus View Post
    No, this is nowhere near as cut and dried as you're making it sound.
    On the contrary, it's exactly that cut and dried. There's zero room for ambiguity on this point, in the text of the ring itself.

The text of the ring is that it "grants the wearer the ability to avoid damage as if she had evasion".
    You're conveniently ignoring the second half of the Ring's entry. Let's look at its text in whole, not part:

Quote Originally Posted by Ring of Evasion
    This ring continually grants the wearer the ability to avoid damage as if she had evasion. Whenever she makes a Reflex saving throw to determine whether she takes half damage, a successful save results in no damage.

That second sentence ends any question as to what the rules on the Ring say. It's not subject to any other limitations, because that specific entry has outlined its function fully and clearly.

It doesn't specify whether this includes it only working when wearing light or no armor. As I said earlier in the thread, most people interpret this as meaning that this restriction doesn't apply, but that's an assumption, not a fact.
    It doesn't need to specify. It would only need to specify that if it wanted to add that limitation. Since that limitation isn't the default status, it doesn't need to say anything about it.

I think you're seeing the classes that have a class feature named Evasion and assuming that those are the default entry, but they're not. They're specific class features whose rules only apply to the class they're from, and not to anything else (unless that something else directly references the class and its feature, but it doesn't here. The ring doesn't say 'the ability to avoid damage as if she had the Rogue class feature Evasion.')

The default Evasion entry, when no class is referenced, is the Special Ability entry 'Evasion and Improved Evasion' found here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbi...mprovedEvasion

The only mention of armor limitations in that entry is a reference to how Rogues and Monks have that limitation, but other creatures don't necessarily have it unless specifically stated otherwise (why they left off Ranger in their list I don't know. Perhaps because it's a combined entry for both Evasion and the Improved version, and Rangers only get the basic? Not really relevant)

You are not "going directly against" the text of the Ring of Evasion because it doesn't say either way.
    Yes, you are. The ring's entry references the general Evasion rules (from the Special Abilities entry, not the class features), and then it adds a sentence (quoted above) that clarifies how the ring's version of it works. So any ambiguities about 'normal' attacks in the general entry aren't relevant to the ring, nor are any specific limitations on Evasion the class feature and armor, because those limitations are specific alterations to the general Evasion rule, which aren't present in the text the ring provides.

And neither is it unique to Rogues and Monks. The Ranger and Shadowdancer have exactly the same text, as do the majority of other classes which grant it. There's a reasonable argument to be made that "works only in light or no armor" is the default form of evasion and that you should use that unless it is specifically mentioned to be otherwise (as the Ninja and Divine Oracle do for example).

No, there's no reasonable argument at all to be made from that. In fact, the presence of the specific text in each of those classes with reference to armor limitations actually point to the general rule on Evasion being the opposite: no armor restrictions. IF the 'default form of evasion' had armor restrictions, the class features wouldn't have had to put specific exception text in them, every single time they wanted to add that limitation.

The default version of evasion is that there is no armor restriction at all unless the specific class or creature entry says so. The ring doesn't say so, therefore there isn't a restriction.

As always, and as the_tick_rules has done, DMs are free to alter this via houserules, but the text of the item is quite clear. And as decently powerful a defense as it is, the cloak and ring probably aren't even the 'best' use of your 157000gp worth of buying power. That's a lot of gold, and too many things can still get through.
    "I want tools to use in the game, not a blank check to do what I want. I can already do what I want." -Rich Burlew, author of OoTS, and founder/owner of this very website you're reading this text on.

Grod's Law of game design: "You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, in terms of things the common folk would value, there's always an Eternal Wand of Plant Growth. One of those can give 300,000 acres of land a 30% boost in productivity. I can imagine nations going to war for possession of something like that.

A Platform of Healing would basically eliminate all disease in a 10-mile radius. Farther if people are willing to spend a night away from home.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maat Mons View Post
    Well, in terms of things the common folk would value, there's always an Eternal Wand of Plant Growth. One of those can give 300,000 acres of land a 30% boost in productivity. I can imagine nations going to war for possession of something like that.
    Hand of the oak father is cheaper at only 5,000 gp. It has no activation requirements (no need to be an arcane caster), it has five other spells it can cast (including MVPs goodberry and speak with plants, as well as barkskin, entangle, and tree shape), and it is highly durable (as tough as steel, but with universal energy resistance 10). I personally think it's underrated.

Even still, I don't know if I'd classify this sort of effect as an "ultimate item." You only need to be a 5th-level druid to craft them.
    Last edited by Troacctid; 2020-03-22 at 06:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Sentient items are Constructs;
    thus - creatures;
    on a creature, we may apply some templates;
    So...
    • Demon Lord
    • Kaiju
    • Psionic Creature
    • ..?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't let the low level and cheap price fool you. Large-scale agricultural improvements have more world-altering potential then any crummy magic sword, no matter how good that sword is at killing things.

8. - Top - End - #68

Well, there's always infinite power generation. One scroll of wall of fire and one of permanency. Do it right and you can start off the Technomagical Revolution yourself.

Speaking of, I wonder what the voltage and amperage of a minimum ML wall of energy (electricity) would be...

9. - Top - End - #69

Don't let the low level and cheap price fool you. Large-scale agricultural improvements have more world-altering potential then any crummy magic sword, no matter how good that sword is at killing things.
    no one fears garden of eden creation kit. especially not in a setting where anyone can farm anything anywhere.

everyone fears nukes in every setting.

i havent looked up everything everyone said in this thread because i am afb. but some items from ragnarok online are... meginjard which gives 40-75 str, brynhild which gives you a lot of survivability and makes you immune to knockback, sleipnir that gives you a lot of survivability and maximum movement speed all day. mjolnir is power crept though but when it first came out it was the best weapon for classes that can use hammers.

so im not looking for things that are too strong, but its gotta be strong one way or another other than as farming tool or something that turns a water wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by ShurikVch View Post
    Sentient items are Constructs;
    thus - creatures;
    on a creature, we may apply some templates;
    So...
    • Demon Lord
    • Kaiju
    • Psionic Creature
    • ..?
    i thought about this before and i think it works. ubercharging construct but constructs dont have feats so that got shot down. maxhd golem with intelligence like hellfire golem might be able to do it. dont know about templates. can you craft golem with template? but yeah, lack of intelligence is lack of feats and featless high hd constructs kinda suck. only one i know of that has good su ability is that hellfire engine with the nice breath attack but even that isnt that great cause reflex save and evasion.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

By D&D standards, I don't think bigger numbers are that impressive. If you want items a high-level character would like to have, here are some:
    • Bracers of Armor +1 with Greater Fortification and Proof Against Transmutation abilities: Baleful Polymorph and Flesh to Stone are kind of hard to gain immunity to. And immunity to critical hits too because why not?
    • Cowl of Warding: It doesn't matter how high your will save is, without something like this, you'll eventually roll a 1 and become an NPC.
    • Greater Pectoral of Maneuverability: Upgrade your flight to perfect maneuverability... if you care.
    • Hathran Mask of True Seeing: Never suffer a miss chance again.
    • Ring of Death Ward: It doesn't matter how high your fortitude save is, without something like this, you'll eventually roll a 1 and die.
    • Ring of Solar Wings: You need to be able to fly, obviously. And 150 feet is pretty fast.

NPCs won't speak of these items in hushed whispers though. Most of them protect from things that NPCs don't have a firm grasp on. And the wing one would readily be confused with all the other things that magically give players wings.

Oh, but people total do kill eachother over the Tooth of Leraje. Only one exists, there's no way to make more, and half the characters on this board are statted out as having it.

A though occurs! The three best items in the game are and epic-level Warforged Cleric, and epic-level Warforged Druid, and an epic-level Warforged Wizard.
    Last edited by Maat Mons; 2020-03-22 at 08:28 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Crichton View Post
    You're conveniently ignoring the second half of the Ring's entry. Let's look at its text in whole, not part:

This ring continually grants the wearer the ability to avoid damage as if she had evasion. Whenever she makes a Reflex saving throw to determine whether she takes half damage, a successful save results in no damage.
    You can't take the second sentence in isolation. It's already specified that it works "as if she had evasion" so if the default form of evasion is that it only works in light or no armor, the second sentence has to be seen in the light of that.

Yes, you are. The ring's entry references the general Evasion rules (from the Special Abilities entry, not the class features), and then it adds a sentence (quoted above) that clarifies how the ring's version of it works. So any ambiguities about 'normal' attacks in the general entry aren't relevant to the ring, nor are any specific limitations on Evasion the class feature and armor, because those limitations are specific alterations to the general Evasion rule, which aren't present in the text the ring provides.
    I'm not the only one who's conveniently ignoring things.

Rogues and monks cannot use evasion in medium or heavy armor. Some creatures with the evasion ability as an innate quality do not have this limitation.
    This doesn't mention any other classes or items or anything else as being able to ignore the restriction, only creatures which have it as an innate quality. If anything other than those creatures lack the limitation, why did they specify only those?

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Well, there's always infinite power generation. One scroll of wall of fire and one of permanency. Do it right and you can start off the Technomagical Revolution yourself.
    But a decanter of endless water would obviate the need for steam due to the reasons discussed above.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by newguydude1 View Post
    i thought about this before and i think it works. ubercharging construct but constructs dont have feats so that got shot down. maxhd golem with intelligence like hellfire golem might be able to do it. dont know about templates. can you craft golem with template? but yeah, lack of intelligence is lack of feats and featless high hd constructs kinda suck. only one i know of that has good su ability is that hellfire engine with the nice breath attack but even that isnt that great cause reflex save and evasion.
    How 'bout the awaken construct spell? Maximize and Empower or Intensify to guarantee much higher mental scores.

14. - Top - End - #74

How 'bout the awaken construct spell? Maximize and Empower or Intensify to guarantee much higher mental scores.
    awoken construct tells you he wants to be a woman and leaves you to go on a one woman show tour.

i read unseenmage's mind control threads and they are too fragile and iffy on the rules too.

15. - Top - End - #75

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by NotASpiderSwarm View Post
    Dust of Sneezing and Choking, 2,400 GP. And would be broken at 10x the price. 20' AOE stun for 5d4 rounds(no save), with an additional save vs Con damage effect. Buy exactly one dose, use it only when you have no other choice, and buy pizza for the DM after as an apology. This is basically an auto-win against an entire room of enemies, no matter how powerful.

Which sourcebook is this found in ?

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by Pugwampy View Post
    Which sourcebook is this found in ?
    It's in the DMG under Cursed Items.
    Last edited by MaxiDuRaritry; 2020-03-23 at 01:50 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_tick_rules View Post
    well for me it is because evasion says normally deals half damage on a successful save. swords and bows do not normally grant a save for half damage, that is a magical ability granted by the cloak. even if that would work I would say immunity to weapons is so broken a power that even if RAW allow it you should shut it down.
    I'm with you on this. The wording says "normally." Weapon attacks do not normally offer half damage on a successful save like this. It would only become "normal" after the PC has purchased/crafted/has access to a Ring of Evasion.

Also, and I've seen some arguments about this, but is my RAI opinion the Starmantle Cloak ONLY halves the physical damage -- not the total damage including stuff like holy/frost/flaming/etc.

The Starmantle Cloak is cheesy enough as it is. To allow it to work in conjunction with a Ring of Evasion to make a character immune to melee attacks is ludicrous.

What is cheesy and completely RAW legal is pairing the Starmantle Cloak with the Retributive Amulet. Get hit with a magical weapon in combat, make a measly DC15 reflex save, take half damage... but wait, there's more! The damage that you should take is then divided into two and half goes to you and half goes back to the attacker. So basically, you're taking 1/4th the damage and reflecting 1/4 of it back. As a cherry on top, the amulet also gives you a +2 sacred bonus to AC, which can be sometimes hard to get.
    Last edited by skunk3; 2020-03-23 at 04:09 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

No, there's no reasonable argument at all to be made from that. In fact, the presence of the specific text in each of those classes with reference to armor limitations actually point to the general rule on Evasion being the opposite: no armor restrictions. IF the 'default form of evasion' had armor restrictions, the class features wouldn't have had to put specific exception text in them, every single time they wanted to add that limitation.
    I am pretty sure that the reason why there isn't specific text in the general description of Evasion as an ability stating how it cannot be used in medium and heavy armors is because some monsters and non-humanoid creatures have Evasion as well, and they might not normally wear armor. For me, the RAI is abundantly clear here -- Evasion simply does not work unless you are in light armor or no armor because, as the entry states: "As with a Reflex save for any creature, evasion is a reflexive ability." It's kinda hard to be reflexive in heavy armor. It's not that Monks and Rogues CAN'T wear heavy armor. Of course they can. It's just that in order for them to be any good at what it is they are supposed to be good at, they can't be burdened. So while there is definitely a RAW argument to be made that Rings of Evasion will work on a PC wearing medium or heavy armor, I personally would veto that because that quite simply makes the ring better than Evasion as a class feature, which is stupid. Of course you guys are welcome to do whatever you want at your table, but I'm one of those guys who believes that RAI (when clear, as it is in this case) trumps RAW. Just picture it, a nimble Rogue in supple leather deftly reacting to avoid damage from a fireball, and some huge beatstick clanking around in heavy armor with a magic ring somehow avoiding damage too? That's just ridiculous.

Anyway, to get back on thread here... the Cowl of Warding is a nice item. Not 'ultimate' per se but pretty sweet. https://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/items.php?ID=4153
    Last edited by skunk3; 2020-03-23 at 04:02 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NotASpiderSwarm View Post
    Dust of Sneezing and Choking, 2,400 GP. And would be broken at 10x the price. 20' AOE stun for 5d4 rounds(no save), with an additional save vs Con damage effect. Buy exactly one dose, use it only when you have no other choice, and buy pizza for the DM after as an apology. This is basically an auto-win against an entire room of enemies, no matter how powerful.
    Just as friendly reminder. While it is a strong consumable, imho it is not as strong as some are thinking or one might assume on first glance. For the sake of RAW..(and preventing discussions between DMs and Players)..^^

If cast into the air, it causes those within a 20-foot spread to fall into fits of sneezing and coughing.
    You can't throw it into a square as activation for the effect. You have to whirl it around you into the air, which means you and any ally within that 20ft spread are also affected.

So, it's not always an auto-win. Still, as front liner who has ranged allies to back him up or someone scouting at least 20ft. in front of his allies it's a great survival tool. Also for setting up traps with someone playing the bait while his allies (hide and ambush)/attack from a save distance. It's not totally OP, but still ridiculously strong.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gruftzwerg View Post
    Just as friendly reminder. While it is a strong consumable, imho it is not as strong as some are thinking or one might assume on first glance. For the sake of RAW..(and preventing discussions between DMs and Players)..^^

You can't throw it into a square as activation for the effect. You have to whirl it around you into the air, which means you and any ally within that 20ft spread are also affected.

So, it's not always an auto-win. Still, as front liner who has ranged allies to back him up or someone scouting at least 20ft. in front of his allies it's a great survival tool. Also for setting up traps with someone playing the bait while his allies (hide and ambush)/attack from a save distance. It's not totally OP, but still ridiculously strong.
    Why couldn't a PC simply just put the dust in a glass bottle of some sort and turn it into a grenade-like weapon? I also don't see why it would HAVE TO affect yourself if you just sprinkle it down from above.
    Last edited by skunk3; 2020-03-23 at 04:07 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

In the right hands, many items can get "''turned to 11".

Nightsticks for example, or metamagic rods.

Or a variety of spells, if you turn them to continuous magic items they can also be great; think an amulet of freedom of movement for example.

Finally an other great investment would be an item of a personal spell that's not on your spell list; Even if it is not personal, and a party member can cast it for you, you're better of not taxing them with a mandatory spell slot each encounter.

If you want something more "artifact-like"; a conuous or even charges per day item that casts Animate Dead and/or Create (greater) undead Can be a source of conflict between good and evil; One wanting to destroy it, the other to use it. Generally any item that toyes with Life and Death could fit this niche, both thematically, and numerically as it bypasses the cost of Animation/Resurection.

A fair example would be a Chalice that casts True resurection 3 times per day, A rod that casts each of Animate Dead, Create Undead and Create Greater Undead once per day Or a portal that activates a Gate effect to the Abyss, and costs nothing to Call creatures from.

For a weapon, any General purpose damaging spell would do, be it an Orb of Accid or Vitriolic Sphere from a Ring or an amulet that casts Wings of Flurry.
    Last edited by Asmotherion; 2020-03-23 at 04:37 AM.

Please visit and review my System.
    Generalist Sorcerer

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by skunk3 View Post
    Why couldn't a PC simply just put the dust in a glass bottle of some sort and turn it into a grenade-like weapon? I also don't see why it would HAVE TO affect yourself if you just sprinkle it down from above.
    Because the activation method described doesn't allow it, annoying but RAW. You don't have the permission to make an attack roll to throw it into a square. Noting in the description indicates that. You have to "cast it into the air" and not "throw it on the ground".

And a "20ft. spread" is something defined by the rules and you aren't allowed to change em as you wish. As comprehension see spellcasting where you need metamagic feats to be able to alter the shape of spelleffects. If you don't have the permission by other (rule-altering) rules, you are not allowed to alter the shape rules given in 3.5.

On a sidenote, imho, just think about it:

It's a cursed item (!), so it has to have drawbacks. And where is the drawback if you could throw it from a safe distance? It would just be a straight powerful item and would have no logical reason to be called a cures item. Everything in the description indicates that you cast it into the air around you and not somewhere else targeted.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, if it's a plane that is timeless with regards to magic, you only need to ever use it once. That'll cut down on the cost and upkeep considerably. It does cause problems insofar as you rely on keeping your pet near you.

Have you ever considered a single-use item of acorn of far travel, instead? Just plant the oak tree on a plane that is timeless with regards to both magic and aging and cast it on an acorn from it. Alternatively, get an acorn from Ysgard, cast permanency on the bespelled acorn, and get rezzed for free every morning. Either way, feel free to cast long-lasting AoE spells to buff you that you cast under said tree. As many as you can. Preferably permanent ones (which is easier than you might think, especially on timeless-with-regards-to-magic acorns). Expand this list using (un)hallow + spells tied to them. Feel free to cast them around the edges of the tree, such that there are several areas with different companion spells tied to different areas under the tree. Pick and choose which one you want at any given time.

Just use that mirror of opposition trick (Aha! Found it here!) to clone one a bunch. Feel free to use the extras however you see fit, including to generate motion and/or electricity. Unfortunately, you'll need some way to get rid of the excess water, else you'll (eventually) flood the planet, since you're pulling it in from Elsewhere, rather than just 'porting it in from underground reservoirs or something.
    Or plant it in the center of a node, and cast all your spells Quickened and Hightened. :3

Please visit and review my System.
    Generalist Sorcerer

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Simple solution: Have the Awakened construct use it... Constructs are immune to anything requiring a Fortitude save (unless it also affects objects), ability damage, and stunning...

25. - Top - End - #85

Flumph

It's in the DMG under Cursed Items.
    Wow i was looking for it in DMG under magic items . Thanks .

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by OrbanSirgen View Post
    Simple solution: Have the Awakened construct use it... Constructs are immune to anything requiring a Fortitude save (unless it also affects objects), ability damage, and stunning...
    constructs and undead and other creatures that don't breathe are imho immune to the entire effect, since "sneezing and coughing" requires breathing in the first place. They aren't legal targets.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Most high-level items aren't very valuable for their gp cost. I find that combining lower- and mid-level items tends to be a lot more useful.
    Truth.
    It's a trick I use all the time in statting up my L35 epic heroes (What? Everyone has hobbies )

Another point to consider is that the items a world may speak of in whispers are as much to do with the stories the DM would weave around such legendary weapons.

Here is one of my favorites:
    Tomoe Gozen is the Champion, Bodyguard, and Distant Ancestor of the Sun Emperor of Hachiman. She has lived now for over two thousand years, and it is rumoured that The Sun Empire will not fall while she lives. It is also rumoured that she will not die as long as The Sun Empire stands. She weilds Ame-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurigi; The Sword of the Heaven of the Gathering Clouds. Forged on the steppes of the Seven Mounting Heavens of Celestia itself by the spirit of the greatest swordsmith The Sun Empier had ever produced, - it is undoubtedly the finest weapon in an empire which prides itself on swordcraft.
    The sword is an intelligent item with the special purpose to defend and uphold the honour of The Sun Empire, and while usually stoic it is quick to point out if an action suggested in its presence would be dishonourable. Many traitors, and even an emperor who sought power from the tainted creatures of The Shadowlands, have died on its blade. "If you act dishonourably," the people of Hachiman say, "Ame-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurigi will know..."

Ame-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurigi - 2,996,225gp
    As a mundane item, it is a Soulforged Acid-washed Basket-hilted Blood-grooved Dwarvencraft Folded-metal Ornate Perfectly-balanced Razor-sharp Resilient Katana forged of Oerthblooded Pure-Ore Aurorum. It has a Hardness of 72 and 150 Hp. As an intelligent item made of Aurorum, it can spend a full-round action to fully repair itself.
    Magically, it is a +10 Valorous Diamond-Mind Ioun Blade.
    In the hands of Tomoe Gozen, it is also a Focus Everbright Jumping Sizing Spellblade of Initiative, gives untyped bonuses of +33 to Concentration, Sense Motive and Spot checks, and also grants a +1 bonus on Initiative checks if it is sheathed at the start of the encounter.
    Finally, it is also an intelligent item (14/14/12, Ego 28) which speaks Common, Hachimani and Celestial, can communicate telepathically out to 120'. It has 60' Darkvision and 30' Blindsense. It can cast Faerie Fire, Shield, and Cure Moderate Wounds each 3/day, as well as Magic Circle against Evil and Phase Door at will - though it can only use the latter to further its special purpose.

28. - Top - End - #88

constructs and undead and other creatures that don't breathe are imho immune to the entire effect, since "sneezing and coughing" requires breathing in the first place. They aren't legal targets.
    Also Elementals, Oozes, and Plants are immune to stunning

Omegaupdate Forum

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not saying it's not useful. It's just not legendary. Technology that is relatively commonplace will become mundane regardless of how awe-inspiring it might theoretically have been to previous generations who didn't have it. Look at transportation, communication, even plumbing in our world. You ever see someone flabbergasted by a sink? Plant growth is ultimately just a particularly effective brand of high-end fertilizer. Posh, yes, but hardly on the same level as a ring of three wishes.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    I'm not saying it's not useful. It's just not legendary. Technology that is relatively commonplace will become mundane regardless of how awe-inspiring it might theoretically have been to previous generations who didn't have it. Look at transportation, communication, even plumbing in our world. You ever see someone flabbergasted by a sink? Plant growth is ultimately just a particularly effective brand of high-end fertilizer. Posh, yes, but hardly on the same level as a ring of three wishes.
    yeah, sadly humanity didn't become bored of killing stuff somehow..

Can i order a bunch of goblins to slay?^^