New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default "Give a copy of _____ to your players"

So, I'm soon to be DMing for the first time in a very, very long time (the last time was 2nd edition), and I'm reading through the module I have (specifically, Dragon Heist, but I imagine this applies to most of them). Every so often, the book will say "If this happens, give a copy of _____ to your players" (for instance, a map of a place that they should know well, or a copy of the Laws of Waterdeep given to them by a watchman, or the like). Now, I could just put the book on my scanner, or copy them out by hand, but it'd be a lot more convenient if I had those specific pages in PDF. Has Wizards of the Coast provided any legal way to get copies of those specific pages? Preferably, at no additional cost to someone who already owns the hardcopy book?
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: "Give a copy of _____ to your players"

Here’s a Code Legal pdf:

https://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/d...Preview_cl.pdf

Apparently there was an issue of Dragon Magazine with others but I was not able to locate it.

Usually not free, but lots of fans do a lot of amazing work making props and such for adventures like this on DM’S Guild. Go there and search Dragon Heist, you’ll at least get some ideas if not exactly what you wanted.
    Last edited by Evaar; 2020-03-21 at 12:52 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Also if you are considering playing Waterdeep Dragon Heist take a look at The Alexandrian Remix:

https://thealexandrian.net/wordpress...1-the-villains

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Zombie

This is where I like the old 80's modules that were more like large pamplets with inserts if they wanted you to give something to the players, without you having to rip anything out.
    I am the flush of excitement. The blush on the cheek. I am the Rouge!