New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default The Land of Ioline: Woods of a Broken World (IC)

The Land of Ioline: Woods of a Broken Earth

An abandoned wood long forgotten
    The subtle sense of a newly fallen rain permeates the air, laying a thick scent of the earth boiling up from the hooves underneath your horse's feet. There’s an oddly familiar tension in the air, one of the uncertainty of wealth or disaster lingering up ahead.
    You have been traveling with the Silderblood for 2 weeks once more, one of the first of the adventurers guilds to join one of the largest nomadic tribes in Ioline, combined with the shift of the 4th Deca, you have a place unexplored, unknown, and filled to the brim with knowledge and magic long, long forgotten. For some of you, it’s a return to old ways- for others, it’s an experience so unlike those you have lived before.
    Spoiler: Dramatis Persona
    Show

Allies:
    Leanne-Dwarvish leader of the Silderblood branch of the Lorehunters guild, founded only recently.

Prologue: Introductions

The hearth feels warm as the night sky burns above. The midnight moon boils up ahead, the quiet hour has come for the five of you. The scent of the hearth is a comfort in this quiet hour, as is its warmth. A quiet sense of dread, not quite unpleasant, lingers in the air- When tomorrow comes, it will mean digging through the ruins that loom just ahead.
    Many of you walk out of your tents, the quiet sense of dread lingering in the air as you look up ahead. Towering pillars of ancient stone, covered in lichen and brush. You’ve heard stories of what lingered there- beasts beyond the ancient reckoning, creatures built of the deepest of dreads.
    Leanne, a tender old dwarf with eyes a milky white, sits by the fire, keeping it burning with a quiet warm glow, the quiet fires of the proper yurts set up by the carpenters burning a stones throw away. That dread lingers on her too, though you couldn’t tell by her face.
    She pauses, before raising her head- “Which one of you is awake? I’m sorry, these old eyes can’t see as well as they used to. I can tell you're one of mine, not many of us here, after all.”

Spoiler: Out of Character
    Show
    Feel free to get your characters introduced to each other at this point!
    Last edited by The Vagabond; 2020-03-22 at 12:21 PM.

GNU Terry Pratchett

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Land of Ioline: Woods of a Broken World (IC)

A golden scaled kobold approaches the fire with caution while holding a dark blue book around his arms pretty closely. Following him from behind, its a grey fox of a pretty thin built. Both carrying a pretty serious face, showing almost no emotion. He gets close to the fire seemingly being unfazed by the flames despite sitting pretty closeby. When he realizes that he is being potentially spoken to, he quickly decides to identify him as requested. "It is I, Meekit Aurelius, a kobold travelling in the group. Now that the sun has set, I though of enjoying the warmth of the flames. I hope my presence isnt much of a bother."

Meekit looks at Thesar waiting for it to present himself. When it seems like Thesar will stay quiet, Meekit speaks to Thesar directly. "Its your turn to present yourself.". Thesar nods and sits in a pretty elegant fashion as he finally speaks. "I am Thesar. A fox.". Thesar then goes to lie on the floor seemingly uninterested in having a conversation.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Hedge had been very quiet and a little uncomfortably professional during the caravan's trip; the only time she ever got persnickety about anything was quietly insisting on finding the driest spot possible for her tent. Given that she was a riflewoman of some sort, this was both understandable and even necessary, though she may well have tried to pitch her tent in the flatbed of a vehicle if one was available.

Otherwise until now she had kept out of the way, organizing and reorganizing the way her bullets were bandoleered on her belt methodically, and even keeping one odd gray shell on a chain round her neck that she wouldn't explain the significance of. This would be her first socializing effort after she lumbered out of her tent, a bit groggy but too on edge to sleep yet.

Despite the fact the other dwarf cannot see the gesture, when she passes by she snaps to attention, "Ah! Hedgerook B. Fullmetal, reporting in!
    ..Ah... I mean, hullo..."

She lets the salute hang there awkwardly for a few moments, before explaining herself: "I was just out for some air... I guess..."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    Spoiler: Meekit
    Show
    Hedge had been very quiet and a little uncomfortably professional during the caravan's trip; the only time she ever got persnickety about anything was quietly insisting on finding the driest spot possible for her tent. Given that she was a riflewoman of some sort, this was both understandable and even necessary, though she may well have tried to pitch her tent in the flatbed of a vehicle if one was available.

Otherwise until now she had kept out of the way, organizing and reorganizing the way her bullets were bandoleered on her belt methodically, and even keeping one odd gray shell on a chain round her neck that she wouldn't explain the significance of. This would be her first socializing effort after she lumbered out of her tent, a bit groggy but too on edge to sleep yet.

Despite the fact the other dwarf cannot see the gesture, when she passes by she snaps to attention, "Ah! Hedgerook B. Fullmetal, reporting in!
    ..Ah... I mean, hullo..."

She lets the salute hang there awkwardly for a few moments, before explaining herself: "I was just out for some air... I guess..."
    The old dwarf smiled, "Ah, Ms fullmetal. I take it your family wasn't much for the quiet hour, weren't they?"
    There was a quiet smile on her face, as she raised her head up, the old-earth towers looming above, "It's something that happens- not often to those who do not seek it, but on occasion to all. A midnight call, a quiet hearth, and an hour to think and to speak. I've heard from some that those who awake at the same time will find themselves great riches, so I think we bode well."
    She shook her head, "Look at me now, ranting like some priest. But I suppose we didn't talk much on the way up, and I'm just trying to make up for lost time."

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    Spoiler: Meekit
    Show
    A golden scaled kobold approaches the fire with caution while holding a dark blue book around his arms pretty closely. Following him from behind, its a grey fox of a pretty thin built. Both carrying a pretty serious face, showing almost no emotion. He gets close to the fire seemingly being unfazed by the flames despite sitting pretty closeby. When he realizes that he is being potentially spoken to, he quickly decides to identify him as requested. "It is I, Meekit Aurelius, a kobold travelling in the group. Now that the sun has set, I though of enjoying the warmth of the flames. I hope my presence isnt much of a bother."

Meekit looks at Thesar waiting for it to present himself. When it seems like Thesar will stay quiet, Meekit speaks to Thesar directly. "Its your turn to present yourself.". Thesar nods and sits in a pretty elegant fashion as he finally speaks. "I am Thesar. A fox.". Thesar then goes to lie on the floor seemingly uninterested in having a conversation.
    The Smirk turns into a brilliant grin as the golden-scaled kobold speaks, "Ah, it's always nice to hear you talk my friend. I'm surprised our times align so well, but divinities do as divinities wish. I've heard Miria's in one of those spires not far from here- We might end up crossing paths with her as we travel."
    Last edited by The Vagabond; 2020-03-22 at 12:51 PM.

GNU Terry Pratchett

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Terawyn approaches the fire with the kind of calm that requires concentration. She is armed, fully dressed, her coat drawn tightly around her, and her hair tied away from her pale face. She warms her hands at the fire and offers a silent prayer to the Night Fires; she has not the privilege of contemplating herself on a night this thick with dread, but she cannot sit at a campfire on a night like this and let the opportunity slip. She finishes her devotion before answering Leanne's question.

"I'm here, as near as I can tell." She flashes a smile at the guildmaster. "How do you fare, Leanne?"
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2020-03-22 at 04:17 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

There were several torches pushed into the ground to create enough light to work. Even then, there was a bang followed by a stream of mumbled cussing. The slip of a woman appeared from beneath the motorcycle. She dusted herself off and in the process smeared oil on her already-stained overalls. It didn't seem to bother her.

"Everything should be ready by tomorrow. I just hope we find a decently stable grid... runnin' on fumes here."

She kicked the side of the machine that she had just been tinkering on. It gave an unceremonious shudder, causing it to shed several bolts and washers from the undercarriage.

"Um... yeah, all part of the weight reduction for efficiency. That's right! Didn't need those anyway!"

Despite her statement, Revy reached down and scooped up the loose pieces, tucking them away in one of her many pockets.
    Last edited by Deadguy; 2020-03-23 at 08:22 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Terawyn's Introduction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Terawyn approaches the fire with the kind of calm that requires concentration. She is armed, fully dressed, her coat drawn tightly around her, and her hair tied away from her pale face. She warms her hands at the fire and offers a silent prayer to the Night Fires; she has not the privilege of contemplating herself on a night this thick with dread, but she cannot sit at a campfire on a night like this and let the opportunity slip. She finishes her devotion before answering Leanne's question.

"I'm here, as near as I can tell." She flashes a smile at the guildmaster. "How do you fare, Leanne?"

There’s a smile on Leanne’s face, “Tomorrow, we’ll have almost unprecedented access to a set of Old Earth ruins. Two towers of the Starborn, easily accessible and still standing. They’re almost certainly brimming with power and lore. I’m ecstatic.”
    She turns her head around, her blank eyes staring into the distance at those ancient towers of stone as Terawyn stoked the fire. “I’d never thought I’d see the day when the Lorehunters and the Silderblood got along. I count myself lucky you joined us, I’d hate to see these towers go forgotten by all but the fey.”
    She shook her head, “I still have to thank you. I’ve heard so much from so many people, but you’re the one who finally sold our group to Enebish. This is, what, the third tower Merigold found? And it’s probably the first that the lorehunters will be able to access. Imagine the stories those walls could tell, the epics we could find...”
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadguy View Post
    There were several torches pushed into the ground to create enough light to work. Even then, there was a bang followed by a stream of mumbled cussing. The slip of a woman appeared from beneath the motorcycle. She dusted herself off and in the process smeared oil on her already-stained overalls. It didn't seem to bother her.

"Everything should be ready by tomorrow. I just hope we find a decently stable grid... runnin' on fumes here."

She kicked the side of the machine that she had just been tinkering on. It gave an unceremonious shudder, causing it to shed several bolts and washers from the undercarriage.

"Um... yeah, all part of the weight reduction for efficiency. That's right! Didn't need those anyway!"

Despite her statement, Revy reached down and scooped up the loose pieces, tucking them away in one of her many pockets.

Leanne’s smile turned into a whole-hearted gaffaw, “Speak of the devil and her daughter comes! I presume the old book I lent you was something of value, huh? I’m glad to see that Merigold didn’t mother that spirit out of you!”
    The gleam in her unseeing eyes turn even brighter, “Five folks up and about during a quiet hour- quite a treat, quite a treat. Five’s a lucky number, that is.”
    She stared up at the stars, that quiet dread releasing into a quiet tension. There’s power in primes- indivisible, united, and solid. But nonetheless potent. No matter what tomorrow brought- pain, joy, glory or disgrace, tomorrow was going to be a day.

GNU Terry Pratchett

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
    The Smirk turns into a brilliant grin as the golden-scaled kobold speaks, "Ah, it's always nice to hear you talk my friend. I'm surprised our times align so well, but divinities do as divinities wish. I've heard Miria's in one of those spires not far from here- We might end up crossing paths with her as we travel."
    "Intriguing." Meekit replies thinking about how much they had travelled since the journey began. "It certainly will be an interesting experience to watch one of those spires, I have read so much about. A piece of the past left behind for us to learn and admire. We are certainly lucky to get such a chance." Just the simple idea of unraveling the mysteries of the past was enough to fill him with excitement at the prospect.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Emery Escue

The Orphan observed the people and the exchange silently at first. He did not sleep, and spent most of the quiet times when he or his companions needed recharge, contemplating Caduceus, or trying to repair the corrupted files of his memory, of the Time Before. He had failed, of that he was sure, he had tried and tried and tried to save those people, and he had failed. He had been trapped in the rubble unmoving and left to contemplate his failure until the charge expired on his drone and even after the CMOS batteries had begun to fail. He would not fail again. He did not know what imperfection had caused the failure of the mission, but it would not happen again.

He regarded the people and their exchanges with affection, he loved biologics so. Another Orphan had once tried to insult Emery by implying that he had been base coded with Golden Retriever DNA. True or not, it was a logical conclusion, he loved biologics, and he loved to be loved by them.

"I am Emery. I do not sleep. I am 100 percent functional to assist with this mission. I look forward working with all of you. I was found in the rubble of a collapsed Spire. I was there a long time. My memory corruptions detail little of it. I hope these spires do not collapse. I do not anticipate they will. Spires are very sturdy structures. I verbalize excessively when I meet new biologics. I am pleased to meet you."

The big orange drone looks down at his feet almost shyly.

10. - Top - End - #10

She shook her head, “I still have to thank you. I’ve heard so much from so many people, but you’re the one who finally sold our group to Enebish. This is, what, the third tower Merigold found? And it’s probably the first that the lorehunters will be able to access. Imagine the stories those walls could tell, the epics we could find...”
    "Oh, well, you're welcome." Terawyn smiles politely. She's not so sure how much she had to do with the deal finally being established, aside from wanting to join the Lorehunters in general. But Leanne is in a good mood, and there's no point in getting bogged down in technicalities.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Leanne smiles, staring up to the sky, before Emercy rolled up. She patts the old Orphaned Steel on the back, a quiet sense of tiredness reaching her face, "Indeed. Indeed."

There's a brief pause, as a quiet song is sung.

Spoiler: Song of the Broken Stars
    Show

He tried three times
    He never found peace!
    He tried three times
    Her pain we now drink.
    In arms, in hopes!
    By star twelve by three,
    He tried three times,
    He never found peace.

In open skies
    he sought a fair plan
    A kindly heart,
    And stones once re-manned
    The stones, they called
    for his blood to drink,
    He tried three times,
    He never found peace

He tried three times
    He never found peace!
    He tried three times
    His pain we now drink.
    In arms, in hopes!
    By star twelve by three,
    He tried three times,
    He never found peace.

Five days, three nights
    He sat on a shelf,
    His heart, it called
    For anything else,
    But through his cries,
    And all of his drink
    Three times he tried
    He never found peace.

He tried three times
    He never found peace!
    He tried three times
    His pain we now drink.
    In arms, in hopes!
    By star twelve by three,
    He tried three times,
    He never found peace.

A hearth of ice
    Was met at his home
    And dreams of ‘morrow
    Turned into gold
    And in his tears
    To kojin he weeped
    Only in ash
    Did he ever find peace?

He tried three times
    He found his peace!
    He tried three times
    His dread we now drink.
    In arms, in hopes!
    By star twelve by three,
    He tried three times,
    He found his peace.

She stares up to the sky, before rising up, poking around the ground with the old fire iron to find her way back, "Tomorrow, we head out. I'm not sure how long you will be awake, but do try to go to bed after the your quiet hour has passed. Or try to go to bed so you can have yourself a quiet hour," she turns to Emery, "Or just... I'm honestly not too certain about what you tend to worship, but do that."
    She rises up, and slowly moves back to her tent, "Whelp, the hearth sings me to sleep, so I'm going to heed it- Good night."

GNU Terry Pratchett

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

The blue-haired girl stretched and yawned as if in agreement with the old dwarf. She emptied her pockets of the tools and screws and bolts and nuts and washers and bullets and all other manner of bits and bobs.

"That book helped a lot! Well... other than the pics of almost naked girls mounting the bikes... But I need to find better references to the carbon fiber they kept talking about. It's gotta be some sort of alloy the Starborn used. The book talks about using it to reduce weight for everything, but I don't know what it is..."

She gave a frustrated huff and shrug of her shoulders. Reaching down into the pack that she had just dumped her pockets into, she retrieved a soft-cover book with a life-like image of a nearly naked woman on a motorcycle. For those that could read the language, it said Easy Rider.

13. - Top - End - #13

"Goodnight, Leanne," Terawyn wishes the older woman as she heads to bed. Come morning, she'll have to wake up early to finish her daily devotions to Aphrodite, but now is not that time. She gets up to go to bed, finds herself briefly distracted by the blue-haired girl's book, then heads to bed.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

"Have a good night, Leanne." He replies. He then makes sure to acknowledge the rest since he hadnt said hello beforehand. "So, how are the rest of you feeling about tomorrow? I personally cant wait to see the potential of what is to come." he replies trying to be friendly with others not necessarily expecting a positive reaction to his presence.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

The hearth burns quiet, as the moon and the stars continue to turn in the night sky. The night grows colder, as discussions run dry, and life slows down to a moment. Sleep comes on you like a warm cloak, as you feel your nightly peace.

It wasn’t the familiar smell of woodsmoke that woke you up, but the familiar scent of chicken being roasted over an open flame. The sound of children screaming in play, the chatter of fathers chatting among themselves, and the morning Kata of the Aphrodite, being performed in a nearby grove, the young women of the group practicing their forms with the steady, rhythmic grace of those who have spent a lifetime in practice.
    Three of the young women, however, have been set aside in a small arena, a marble wall knee high surrounding it, each of them carrying a longspear and staring down a cage, a moderately dangerous avian creature stored within, it’s long fox-like face filled with serrated teeth. Behind the three women stood Kethra, a giantess of a woman, carrying a spear and with flask in hand.
    A relatively young herdslass, a woman known as Abigale, sits on the edge of the arena, a rifle slung easily over her shoulder as she stared down to watch and end it, should it fail. But should any of you approach her, a flash of anger will cross her features before quickly being masked behind a pose of overly delicate dignity. “I presume you’re here because you wish to partake, huh?”
    "Come now," Kethra says, "There's no reason to be so propper. It's all in good practice, and anyone can join."
    Abigale shifts her eyes over to the matronly woman, a look of exasperation on her face, before nodding.

Among the maze of small fires is a massive hearth, burning smokeless around which a quiet discussion occurs as the Hearthtender pours the blood and feathers of another chicken onto the flames. Enebish quietly debates with a small figure, a slim woman barely worth her weight in a fight known as Merideth, the shimmer of the gun on her back and the green tassels marking her as a bodyguard to Leanne. Leanne joins in, though you’re not sure if you can hear what they are saying from here, the hand-waving and arguing sounds quite aggressive, until the hearth flickers with a bright red light, bringing the argument down to a discussion.
    Should you approach, the hearth tender will quietly cut from a roast over the roaring flame a slice of a bird, her eyes staring daggers at the three in debate.
    “I’m telling you,” Merideth says in a quiet, polite voice, “If you let her go out without someone to watch her, she’s going to get both of you killed.”
    Enebish shakes her head, taking a bite from her bird. “She’s lived for 200 years at this point, as have I. We both should know by now that if you can’t stand on your own at that time, you shouldn’t be standing at all.”
    “Just because she Can doesn’t mean she Should. To be frank, you shouldn’t either, but my contract isn’t to protect you.”
    The old elf sneers, “Come on, deadweaver, there are members of my tribe going with them. She’ll be fine without you.”
    Merideth, her tone of voice not shifting from that quiet tone of discussion, “I have my contract. I understand you wish to watch, but-”
    “Merideth,” Leanne sighs, “Give it a rest. I know it’s part of your contract, but you have to stay behind- we need as much time here as we can manage, and if Enebish wishes to come with us the first time, I see no method to dissuade her, and it’s not like she’s the only high-priority passenger we’re dealing with.”

Not long after being awoken, Meekit hears a call- “Meekit old friend, you’ve made it!”
    Argent, a small hearthtender of some variety, smiles as he brings over a plate of chicken and eggs, “It’s good to see you’ve arrived in one piece!”
    He looks over at the glistening towers in the distance- the two ancient spires of Old Earth gleamed, their dark stone with flickers of glass, the red rust of steel near its peak marking it’s slow decay.
    “I’m always surprised at just how well these towers last. The end of the world came around, and they’ve been left without a hearth or home for thirty years, by all rights they should all be collapsed by now. Yet here they are- the little worlds of Old Earth just keep standing tall, as if death was just a moment's pause.”
    “I’ve always found it interesting, myself,” a tiny fey says, leaning on an old gnarled tree branch with a familiar ease, “So much Life in those towers. I’m surprised nothing on Old Earth felt it, or at least didn’t eat the stuff. So many stories, so many places.”
    Merigold, a small netlinked fey smiles, “I haven’t had much luck higher up in the tower- too many memories there, makes it hard to go without something trying to murder me.”

GNU Terry Pratchett

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

After preparing his spells by studying his spellbook, Meekit goes with Thesar to get something to eat. "Thesar, wanna eat something?" Meekit replies with a smile while giving it a couple of taps on the head. Thesar is pretty indiferent but replies "I suppose we could get something. I know you will complain if I say no so I dont know why you ask every morning. ". Before getting into an argument, the two meet up with Argent.

"Argent! Hey!" the duo reply in unison in quite a cheerful manner. "I am glad to see you here too though I shouldnt be surprised. Where there is a mighty mystery of the vast world to unfold, Argent is always the first one at the scene.". Thesar nods in agreement. "I know. Its amazing how something can be so fragile and yet so durable at the same time."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Since this is the beginning of a new day. Here is my list of spells for the day.
    Spells prepared:
    5 (Level 0 prepared): Detect Magic, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Arcane Mark, Read Magic
    2 (Level 1 prepared): Magic Missile, Silent Image
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

17. - Top - End - #17

Terawyn has spent her morning going through her daily devotion to Aphrodite, checking her gear, and ensuring that she's washed up for the travel ahead. She's foregone her coat for the moment, seeing as there might still be a little exertion in her near future, and she'd be remiss not to show off her muscles when surrounded by people who'd appreciate them.

"Hello, Kethra," she greets her old mentor with a smile and an incline of her head. "How does your fine self fare today?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

After preparing his spells by studying his spellbook, Meekit goes with Thesar to get something to eat. "Thesar, wanna eat something?" Meekit replies with a smile while giving it a couple of taps on the head. Thesar is pretty indiferent but replies "I suppose we could get something. I know you will complain if I say no so I dont know why you ask every morning. ". Before getting into an argument, the two meet up with Argent.

"Argent! Hey!" the duo reply in unison in quite a cheerful manner. "I am glad to see you here too though I shouldnt be surprised. Where there is a mighty mystery of the vast world to unfold, Argent is always the first one at the scene.". Thesar nods in agreement. "I know. Its amazing how something can be so fragile and yet so durable at the same time."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Since this is the beginning of a new day. Here is my list of spells for the day.
    Spells prepared:
    5 (Level 0 prepared): Detect Magic, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Arcane Mark, Read Magic
    2 (Level 1 prepared): Magic Missile, Silent Image
    He smiles, "I know- There are some folks in Feng-Shui who've been digging through their archives, found some media showing their world hundreds of years in the future in near pristine condition! We're trying to see if we can unravel whether that's magic and if we can turn it into something, maybe an anti-aging spell. And Merigold is sitting here talking about how she's seen Immured- Nobody makes immured anymore, it's so fascinating!"
    Merigold cleared her throat, "You're missing the biggest detail."
    "Oh come on," argent moans, "Brigid's razor- the simplest answer is the best."
    "I know what I saw- the entire building is run by an orphaned steel! Who knows what they know!"
    "Just because the walls move doesn't mean there's an orphaned steel there."

Terawyn has spent her morning going through her daily devotion to Aphrodite, checking her gear, and ensuring that she's washed up for the travel ahead. She's foregone her coat for the moment, seeing as there might still be a little exertion in her near future, and she'd be remiss not to show off her muscles when surrounded by people who'd appreciate them.

"Hello, Kethra," she greets her old mentor with a smile and an incline of her head. "How does your fine self fare today?"
    She smiles, "Pretty well- We're about to run these recruits in a training exercise- The standard stuff, practicing for the hunts and such. The young girls need some blood on their belts, after all."
    She gestures to the youngest two, "Orbe, Mibe, keep your spears ready. Told Abigale to let them out at a random time, keep your guard up."
    She sighs, turning her head back, "It's good to see you again- was worried you'd die in some hearthless sewer of veganism."

GNU Terry Pratchett

19. - Top - End - #19

BlackDragon

Emery regards the exchanges quietly.

"I do not eat." he says, before adding,"But it smells pleasing."
    "What is this creature?" He inquires, studying the avian in the cage,"It appears to be a disagreeable bioform."

Hearing the faeries exchange and Orphaned Steel, he also asks.
    "Is there a Steel in the soul of the Spire? Perhaps I can negotiate with it for safe passage, my functions are allowed access in times of dire need, assuming of course it is awake and not saddled with madness."

20. - Top - End - #20

She smiles, "Pretty well- We're about to run these recruits in a training exercise- The standard stuff, practicing for the hunts and such. The young girls need some blood on their belts, after all."
    She gestures to the youngest two, "Orbe, Mibe, keep your spears ready. Told Abigale to let them out at a random time, keep your guard up."
    She sighs, turning her head back, "It's good to see you again- was worried you'd die in some hearthless sewer of veganism."
    "Truly?" Terawyn replies as she watches the girls ready themselves for a battle. A small one, but worthwhile nonetheless. She considers her response for a second, then smirks. "You needn't have worried. Your favorite student would never harrow you by dying so ignobly. It'd be a ditch at worst."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

"Truly?" Terawyn replies as she watches the girls ready themselves for a battle. A small one, but worthwhile nonetheless. She considers her response for a second, then smirks. "You needn't have worried. Your favorite student would never harrow you by dying so ignobly. It'd be a ditch at worst."
    "Truely." She said in the dourest of tones, barely holding back laughter. She finally cracks, laughing, "Ah yes, you always were the strong willed one- I'd figured you wouldn't have suffered nearly as deeply from idleness as Abigale feels you would."
    "Oh come on, don't put words in my mouth," the young herder groans, "I was just saying that the mage's guild might make her soft, didn't say she would be a damned vegetable."

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post

"What is this creature?" He inquires, studying the avian in the cage,"It appears to be a disagreeable bioform."
    "It's lunch," Abagail said, an ounce more polite than to Terawyn, "We eat these things, it's a... Rite, I suppose. More practice than anything else"
    She finally slips open the gate, releasing the velociraptor to charge at the young kids- One manages to drive a a spear through the things chest, the beast howling in rage as it flails against it, the other two trying desperately to knock it to the ground, but the dinosaur flails to hard to truely knock down, beads of sweat pouring down the youngests face as she tried to keep it pinned.

GNU Terry Pratchett

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

He smiles, "I know- There are some folks in Feng-Shui who've been digging through their archives, found some media showing their world hundreds of years in the future in near pristine condition! We're trying to see if we can unravel whether that's magic and if we can turn it into something, maybe an anti-aging spell. And Merigold is sitting here talking about how she's seen Immured- Nobody makes immured anymore, it's so fascinating!"
    Merigold cleared her throat, "You're missing the biggest detail."
    "Oh come on," argent moans, "Brigid's razor- the simplest answer is the best."
    "I know what I saw- the entire building is run by an orphaned steel! Who knows what they know!"
    "Just because the walls move doesn't mean there's an orphaned steel there."

"Amazing creatures indeed. I met one just last night. They are so unique. It makes me wonder how different the world most be for them." Meekit replies when he sees Emery. "Oh! There he is."

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post

Hearing the faeries exchange and Orphaned Steel, he also asks.
    "Is there a Steel in the soul of the Spire? Perhaps I can negotiate with it for safe passage, my functions are allowed access in times of dire need, assuming of course it is awake and not saddled with madness."
    "Nice to see you again. I remember you from yesterday." Meekit replies trying to be nice.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

23. - Top - End - #23

BlackDragon

"Greetings, I am Emery, you are Meekit. I too recall you from yesterday. You are a nonstandard bioform. You are thermally inefficient and seek thermal sources. Are you accompanying us into the Spires?" . The drone is quite animated in the exchange, perhaps it enjoys "Conversation".

24. - Top - End - #24

"Truely." She said in the dourest of tones, barely holding back laughter. She finally cracks, laughing, "Ah yes, you always were the strong willed one- I'd figured you wouldn't have suffered nearly as deeply from idleness as Abigale feels you would."
    "Oh come on, don't put words in my mouth," the young herder groans, "I was just saying that the mage's guild might make her soft, didn't say she would be a damned vegetable."
    "Soft? You think these look soft, Abrigale?" Terawyn asks, as she takes a particularly dramatic pose and flexes her biceps. "They look mighty to me! Although they would look a little mightier if Kethra weren't a few feet away, admittedly."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

"Greetings Emery! I am one of the investigators. I must say that while appreciated the heat last night, the light was quite annoying." He replies thinking he probably appreciates information of himself as a creature based on his response. "Try to be safe. You might be the key to our success." adds Thesar.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Drifting from one campfire to the next, Hedge seems ready and able--she's decked out with all her gear, rifle slung neatly over her shoulder in a slim sling with what kit she needs all ordered-- but her expression seems reminiscent of an unsure child on their first day of a new school and they don't know where their class is. The pigtails probably don't help either.

To her credit, she doesn't freak out at the sight of the raptor slaying, but she dares not trespass upon it and with growing desperation looks for any groupings of people aside from them, to at least hover around at the peripheral.

"Are we supposed to report in to one of the leaders?" she asks of Emery and Meekit. They aren't killing anything and not arguing; clearly they know their business.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

27. - Top - End - #27

BlackDragon

"Greetings Emery! I am one of the investigators. I must say that while appreciated the heat last night, the light was quite annoying." He replies thinking he probably appreciates information of himself as a creature based on his response. "Try to be safe. You might be the key to our success." adds Thesar.
    The drone seems taken aback, you would swear if a bright orange droid could blush, it would. At the same time, it's excitement peaks as it becomes quite curious.
    "We are all key to the success, if the team is not successful, the mission is not successful, all beings are important. Greeting, I am Emery, you are Thesar, my database is conflicted, Vulpes are not listed as sentient, and yet you appear to be quite...not unintelligent, and you speak, foxes do not speak. Are you a fox? Are you a Steel in a realistic lifelike companion? What is your function?" The drone is genuinely intrigued.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Kethra laughed while Abagail sighs, a look of amused exasperation on her face, "Never change, Terawyn. Never change."
    She watched as Fullmetal scampered, a look of disgust on both the Dwarves face and Abagails, albeit for very, very different reasons.
    "I don't get why you or my sister tossed your lot with those folks," dismissing them out of hand, "Look at them! She should have a gullet that can stand a bit of death, but instead she shutters at the sight, like some half-trained-"
    "You do realized she's a fullmetal, right?"
    "That just makes it worse!" The woman cried, "You've heard the tales, we all have- Fullmetals are brave! Gallant! Brilliant and fractal, not... Dark and sulky."
    She sighed, staring at the group Fullmetal joined, laughter coming from them, "I'm just saying... I've Heard what those guilds do to people. This isn't going to become another Dameam-"
    "Because Enebish chose to send me to watch them," Kethra said, "In place of the Necromancer."

Argent smiled, "It's a Familiar. I'm not too, let's say, Familiar with familiars, but they're neat."
    He looks over the orphaned steel, a theoretically quiet sense of interest so loud you're pretty sure you've scared the birds away, "Well, I've heard an Orphaned Steel was coming around, but I didn't realize he'd be on the recovery team." He began to circle around them,"And he's quite the chatterbox, isn't he? Who were you, some kind of communication program?"
    He shakes his head at Hedge, "Pardon me, Miss Fullmetal, but the preparations are to be finished up in a bit, but we have time to talk."
    Last edited by The Vagabond; 2020-03-29 at 11:06 PM.

GNU Terry Pratchett

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

"GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!"

Revy couldn't help but enact the scene every morning since Merigold had shared the old-earth video. Her habit of rising late hadn't changed, despite the excitement of the day. She did her routine stretches to shake off the night. Sleeping in the cab of her truck was better than the tents, at least. Slinging her pistol holster through her arms, she slammed the door. It bounced back open. Cussing loudly, she kicked it shut. The heavy boot dented the door, but she didn't seem to care much.

Revy walked around the rear of the vehicle and checked the hook-ups to the solar charger, verifying the batteries were full capacity. With that sorted she walked, actually more like skipped or frolicked toward the women who had just released the dinosaur on the young girls. In all her time with Abagail, she had never known her sister to lose a single animal, but that didn't mean it wasn't fun to tease.

"Why so serious, sister? Did you lose a sheep again?"

As Terawyn took up a flexing pose, Revy mock swooned. She gave the arms a playful squeeze.

"So big and firm!"
    Last edited by Deadguy; 2020-03-30 at 09:49 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Terawyn blinks as her muscles are suddenly groped and looks to the culprit. It takes her a second to recognize her - the one with the lewd literature.

"Thank you," she says to Revy, "I grew them myself!"