New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: OOC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

But I wanted psychic proof *child sulk*.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hahaha, fair enough. If you want we can take you out for ice cream afterwards to cheer you up. What do you say champ?
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Oh! Oh! Can I get some too?! Mmmm! Mint chocolate chip with sardines on top!

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hmmmm... that sounds almost heretical to the Emperor.... Eh, what could be the problem???

(Three hours later) All hail the God of Decay!!!

EDIT: On a more serious note, can I make a quick suggestion? Assuming the acolytes are convinced Magos Petrovskii is lying to them and has not destroyed some or all of the Xenos technology, what are they going to do about it during this scene, in the depths of the Tech Priest's temple??? Would it not be better to come back with reinforcements either to condemn or to gather more proof?

Just saying that it may not be that beneficial to push things too much farther.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2021-09-24 at 09:27 AM.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

That's pretty much the conclusion I've been coming to as well. I was hoping for an opening to press the Magos on having sent Harl Kander to the skirmish site, but there hasn't really been something to latch on to during the conversation to make that seem like a good idea. At the very least, pissing off a Magos in his personal dungeon obviously makes it dangerous to push him too hard.

As for coming back later with reinforcements...we can haz reinforcements? How many and how big are their guns?

Finally, as requested in the IC thread:
    Tech-Use test (1d100)[100] vs. Int 50 (+10 extra if Foresight talent can be said to apply, e.g. if the test is the end result of Hound mulling things over for at least 10 minutes)
    Pre-emptive RP re-roll: (1d100)[53]

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The fact he's acting so suspiciously and defensively is proof enough that he's up to something. Challenging him physically in the heart of his keepbis useless, so it'd be best to meet up with the others and report our suspicions and inability to confirm the destruction of the weapons.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    That's pretty much the conclusion I've been coming to as well. I was hoping for an opening to press the Magos on having sent Harl Kander to the skirmish site, but there hasn't really been something to latch on to during the conversation to make that seem like a good idea. At the very least, pissing off a Magos in his personal dungeon obviously makes it dangerous to push him too hard.

As for coming back later with reinforcements...we can haz reinforcements? How many and how big are their guns?

Finally, as requested in the IC thread:
    Tech-Use test [roll0] vs. Int 50 (+10 extra if Foresight talent can be said to apply, e.g. if the test is the end result of Hound mulling things over for at least 10 minutes)
    Pre-emptive RP re-roll: [roll1]
    I'll give you the foresight roll, as Hound has probably had that much time between the walk down and the extended conversation/interrogation ect. Please confirm that you want to use that second roll and I'll post and deduct a FP.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Sorry, missed your reply here. Yes, I'll use the re-roll since Foresight at least makes it a normal success.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I'll throw a tech-use. Details on what's being thought to look for in IC. If Logic would be more appropriate, it's conveniently the same modifier as a skill (+10)

(1d100)[8] vs Int (46)
    Currently looking for: Something crunchy

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Rax and Blindfolded: I would normally not do this, but since my slow posting is the reason, I will let Rax take back the expenditure of a fate point. If we were all sitting around the table, and Hound failed his first roll, I'm sure we would have waited for Null to roll before Rax spent the FP.

Does that sound fair?
    Show

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

I'm fine with that, though I want to be clear that I don't feel cheated for having expended the FP. It's what they're for, after all. So after reading your IC post let's keep things as they were. It suits Hound's vanity to have realized that information on his own.
    Last edited by rax; 2021-09-29 at 05:00 PM.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

That works for me as well. With a similar argument of "if we were at a table", I the player would have caught that sooner as well.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Understood and thank you. I will keep the FP spent then. Thank you for the patience with me and my slow post rate this week. Brutal work week.

But I guess I'm waiting for other players to post.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2021-10-02 at 09:10 AM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

I think Bananaphone's IC post qualifies as bump for Blindfolded Ape to be the one to reply to Petrovskii.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

They should add a like button function to this forum.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    They should add a like button function to this forum.
    Like.

Sorry, I kinda had to do it.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Blindfold, we didn't introduce ourselves as inquisition members. (I don't think)

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Not officially, at least, though the Magos may have inferred it from our statements.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

It makes a big difference given the power and aura of fear the inquisition has.
    It can also cause the Magos to start ****ting bricks and temporarily shut-down his smuggling operation, making it much harder to pursue.

Just saying, might be best to keep the cover intact .

20. - Top - End - #470
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Ah, just checked back and saw that we did not in fact say we were inquisition. Will edit shortly.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Is Petrovskii pointing to the still burning furnace or is there some kind of runoff point for slag and other products that we can inspect? If it's still operating I imagine it's going to take a good long time before we can go raking through it for slag even if we can get him to shut it off straight away?

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Yep, it is still burning. That is why Petrovskii seems so smug about your endeavor... though I'm fine with there being a loose pile of spilled over ash and slag collecting around the mouth of the furnace.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2021-10-09 at 02:47 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sorry for my crap posting, things have been hectic IRL the past few days and Im set to fly internationally in a couple of days time.
    Feel free to Bot Marcella to move things on.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

No worries. May do that for a little bit, just to have an NPC that can better keep things moving. Hope you are holding up okay, and there's nothing too serious going on. Always feel free to PM me if you need to vent or an ear to talk to... and this goes to everyone... we gotta be there for each other when we can.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Posting seems to be slow all around. I could post more often for Hound, but I don't want to be the only one driving the conversation or the action, since that means I'll be making decisions for everyone without them getting a chance to state their preferences.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I have my last board exam tomorrow and between work and studying that has been the limiting factor for my schedule. And I am sure my slow post rate has effected/infected the rest of the game, so to whatever extent it is my fault, I'm sorry everyone.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    No worries. May do that for a little bit, just to have an NPC that can better keep things moving. Hope you are holding up okay, and there's nothing too serious going on. Always feel free to PM me if you need to vent or an ear to talk to... and this goes to everyone... we gotta be there for each other when we can.
    Thank you for the offer, I should be fine from tomorrow onwards :). I hope your board exam went well!

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thank you, it was miserable like every other one, and I left convinced I failed. Won't know for another few weeks till it's back, but history say's I'll be fine. The pass rate is high and the percentage right needed to pass is low. The questions are supposed to be hard that way... I guess.

I'll let the other players post a bit
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Did we get info on their schedules and addresses so we can go pay the other credit guilders a visit while they're asleep and maybe start beating some answers out of them?

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Most guilders such as the ones you've been impersonating don't really work on a schedule so to speak, but you do have their names, addresses and superiors. I'd suggest if you wanted to jump on one while their sleeping, the easiest thing to do would be to send your stealthiest character to shadow one of them and figure out their schedule.
    Show