New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: OOC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Rolling WP against 8 (1d100)[14]
    And will roll dodge in case she passes and someone rolls a successful attack (1d100)[33]

EDIT: Wow... I am never this lucky. Jen must have consorted with The Dark Gods!!!
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2022-01-10 at 12:21 PM.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

And now I need a ballistics roll... jeez (1d100)[98] and damage (1d10)[1] +3I
    Show

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

We can pass off our flight with Jen as escaping the gun-wielding maniac firing off rounds.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Still on her fanny

Ahhh the differences in American and British English...
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-01-22 at 09:49 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Why can't both be right in this situation?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hey all, I'm in the process of shaking off a bout of covid, but Arl seems to have the interrogation in hand, so Hound will be keeping quiet and out of the way for now.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hope you feel better soon man. I'm sorry to hear that!
    Show

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Take care rax!

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Just 450 exp away from Psy Rating 3 and choosing a Psychic Discipline!

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sorry for the delays. Dojango messaged me yesterday. See my IC post.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Alright I guess on to Sir Drimmle. I say we get rid of her, don't want her telling stories.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Unless we have the means of disposal, a corpse will bring a lot of heat down on us.

She's already involved in a shady, illegal black market smuggling ring, so she doesn't want Arbiter attention either. What's she going to say?

"They broke in and I was so frightened of them that I shot at them, but they didn't take anything, didn't hurt me and they just left. Yup! Totally. Why were they after me specifically? I dunno officer, it has nothing at all with anything that I'm doing that you need to be suspicious about...no siree bob...What's that? Come in to answer a few questions? Oh don't think that'll be necessary, Officer....please?""
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-02-03 at 11:46 PM.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm not worried about her talking to the arbites, I'm worried about her talking to the Credit Guild, Sir Drimmle, or the nobleman. Two choices: We take her and turn her over to the nearest guard recruitment station and tell them to send her out on the next transport or we shoot her with her own pistol and make it look like a suicide.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

My thinking is pretty much the same as dojango's. The main risk is that she'll warn her colleagues in the Credit Guild before we can get to them, not that she'll go to proper Imperial authorities and risk exposing her part in an illegal weapons trade.

For our purposes, the most important matter is therefore to keep her from disrupting our investigation. Staging a suicide in her apartment would have been a decent option if we hadn't first had a firefight and Hound hadn't been seen. I think we need to bring her with us and either keep her on ice back at our safe house or kill her once we're clear of her home and dump the body somewhere out of the way.

Since we're only acolytes, I'm not sure we can make the IG take her against her will, and there's no guarantee she'll be shipped out soon anyway. This leads me to the conclusion that she needs to be permanently silenced. Hound has no qualms about doing the dirty work, we just need a good place to do it.

Edit: One thing she could still be useful for is as a source of information on Sir Drimmle and perhaps also a way to gain access to him. It's risky but we could have her try to reach out to him and set up a meeting where we can nab him.
    Last edited by rax; 2022-02-05 at 06:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Fine with me.

Marc isn't the cold-hearted type so she wouldn't suggest as such, but she won't resist either.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

It's a pity the Magos turned out to be untrustworthy, otherwise we could have her turned into a servitor. I say since she turned out to be unhelpful we just fake a suicide and go deal with Sir Drimmle. By the time anyone gets around to investigating it we'll hopefully have Drimmle in custody. Sounds like he's the one who we need to turn over to the interrogator for enhanced interrogation as they say.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hey all, a player named Bramblefoot reach out to me asking if he could join the game. I think we are a few player shorter than when we began, but I wanted to get a consensus as to how people felt about bringing in another player. Feel free to PM me if you would prefer to discuss.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm fine with it. Tell him we really need a social type.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Yeah that sounds good.

Also sounds like nobody's objecting to silencing the witness. Someone want to write a fake suicide note real quick (we've established my character is illiterate) and then we'll go black-bag Sir Drimmle.
    Last edited by dojango; 2022-02-07 at 07:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I say we take some valuables. Make it look like a burglary that just went bad. A guilder suddenly committing suicide with a handwritten note that doesn't match her handwriting looks suspicious to those she's in league with.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-02-07 at 09:33 PM.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thank you all for your patience with me this week; it's been absolutely brutal.

I've invited Bramblefoot to come introduce himself/herself in the OOC thread.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #562
    Troll in the Playground

hello all, whatcha need? im perfectly happy to play your social bonhomie

23. - Top - End - #563
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

(1d100)[44] v. 32, (1d2)[1]

Honestly I'd argue that insanity points make more sense than corruption; after all this is real "are we the baddies" type of behavior that leads to mental trauma.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    [roll0] v. 32, [roll1]

Honestly I'd argue that insanity points make more sense than corruption; after all this is real "are we the baddies" type of behavior that leads to mental trauma.
    Yeah, I was pretty torn between that and don't care too strongly. If you would prefer an insanity point then I'm fine with that. My reasoning was based on how Fear/insanity rolls are based on witnessing/experiencing something, while corruption points are based on performing evil actions. Again, that was just how I based my decision. Let me know and I'll update your character box.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

im feeling noble something something, but before i start, how much xp do i have to tango with?

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Huh, I must be blind. Just read Hound's character sheet again and he actually does have Search trained, so the ace roll in the IC thread was actually against Per 40.

Seems like he found most of the good stuff, but I thought I'd mention it in case one or two extra DoS makes a difference.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Going with insanity then. Also ready to head on out to find Sir Drimmle. Where's he living these days?

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

im feeling noble something something, but before i start, how much xp do i have to tango with?
    1400xp. I'm assuming we will be looking at your character as a local who ends up getting entangled with the characters if that informs what you choose, though I suppose he/she does not have to be local. However, I'm not sure how to bring in a new Inquisitorial agent at this point, so it will probably have to be someone with no Ordos experience.

Going with insanity then. Also ready to head on out to find Sir Drimmle. Where's he living these days?
    Will update your character sheet. From the IC thread:

The headshot attached to this file depicts a severe man who without rejuve treatments was maybe in his late fifties, with a gaunt pale face, cold blue eyes, and a spider web of a mustache.

Sir Pennifry Drimmle is a Super Nova ranked member of the Service branch of the Credit Guild, whose is directly responsible for handling the account of House Durchess. Apparently twice in the past The Credit Guild has run investigations into Drimmle's activities, once when one of his rivals in the Guild mysteriously disappeared (not enough evidence could be gathered to draw a verdict), and once for a "questionable" transfer of funds that Drimmle made on behalf of The Durchesses to an off-world encrypted account of unknown personage. The file includes a quick background on his well-to-do upbringing and schooling. It also provides an address, what appears to be a luxurious two floor apartment attached to the spire where the Durchesses live.

Sir Drimmle's direct superior would be Lord Servicer Gildfrey , who heads the entire Service Branch of the Credit Guild.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2022-02-12 at 06:51 PM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground

so where should i roll my stats in? im feeling scum, unless anyone has other opinions

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

This thread is fine. Have you seen the old re-recruiting thread for character creation rules
    Show