New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: OOC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Anything anyone wants to do before the pack takes the rail car back down to the underhive?
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Xerros has nothing more to say - I'm fine to move on.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, just going to move things on then. IC post coming now.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

survival (1d100)[21] v. 25
    awareness (1d100)[83] v. 29

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Initiative Order
    Sola 13
    Luis 12
    Xerros 12
    Arl 12
    Marcella 7
    Ryders 4

Sola (1d10)[9] +4
    Ryders (1d10)[1] +3

@All: Feel free to describe your first action when you roll initiative, since it's likely everyone will be faster than the Ryders.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2021-03-01 at 07:33 PM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Initiative, ho...

(1d10+3)[7]
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So I was going to cast Flash Bang.

But it's "range 20 meters" should actually read "radius 20 meters", because that's what it is. If she used it, she'd stun the enemy rodents and the rest of the group.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Bah!

Psychic Roll: (2d10)[2][10](12) + 6 - 18

Marcella now has Fear Rating 3.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-02-27 at 10:37 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sola's attack Base 35 + 10 for proximity, -10 for size. (1d100)[11](11) and damage (1d10)[7](7) +3

Then a bevy of dodge rolls at 31 (1d100)[82](82)
    (1d100)[78](78)
    (1d100)[20](20)
    (1d100)[9](9)
    (1d100)[32](32)
    (1d100)[46](46)
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A Fellowship test, lord help me.

Marcella is using Inspiring Aura for the test:

"You seem to glow with an inner light and all those around you are filled with confidence. While this power is active, all allies that can see you gain a +20 bonus to Tests made to resist Fear and Pinning. They may also feel compelled to say nice things about you. Which is nice."

I'm hoping it helps .

Inspiring Aura: [rollv]2d10[/rollv]
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-03-15 at 07:31 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

*Ahem*

I said, Inspiring Aura:

Inspiring Aura: (2d10)[7][3](10)

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh yeah and Fellowship:

Fellowship: (1d100)[50] vs TN 21.

Anyone else with a higher Fel (which seems assured), feel free to pitch in.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Inspiring Aura is active and helping to lower Sola's guard, but Marcella has failed her Fel roll. The ganger is not ready to do anything antagonistic, but is confused and doesn't know what to do, or who to believe.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Character boxes are updated with spent ammo, but I've noted how Arl has reloaded his revolver.

I will give players till the end of the day to reply, otherwise I will assume no one is stepping up, and Sola will respond accordingly.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

It's honestly hilarious that the Fel 21 Psyker is being looked to for social graces lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-03-27 at 11:25 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Apologies about not posting! The IC thread slipped off of my subscriptions page.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

No worries. I do recognize posting from the players has been slow, but I also know my post rate has been dragged down of late. I hope you guys/gals are still interested, and I apologize for my part in the delays. I've been tasked with starting a new department at my new hospital (basically right out of training) and the work load and politics and... stress have simply been... well rough.

IC post coming now.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sorry about being so slow to reply, I've been very busy IRL.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

No apologies needed. No worries, it's been a hell of a week for me too. But... combat!!!

Initiative roll for the gangers (1d10)[4](4) + 3
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Initiative: (1D10+3)[11]

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hey Ben, questions:

Can you tell me your interpretation of the Flash Bang power on page 166?

This is it basically: https://extraheresy.fandom.com/wiki/Flash_Bang

I'm a little confused on the range and area of effect. It has a range of 20m. But it says "anyone within range". So it's got a range of 20m and everyone within 20ms of THAT point has to take a test?

Or would Marc be the centre of the Flash Bang and everyone within 20ms have to take a test - so if she used it she'd be flash-banging the group?
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-04-17 at 10:18 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

My interpretation of it is more that latter, that Marcella is at the center, since it does not specify a second range. I feel like she could warn her partners to give them all a +20 on their WP rolls, but I think it would have to be everyone within 20m radius of Marcella.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Initiative Order so Far
    Marcella 11
    Gangers 7
    Arl 6

And may as well roll some dodge rolls vs 28
    (1d100)[27]
    (1d100)[9]
    (1d100)[93]
    (1d100)[38]
    (1d100)[89]
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

init: (1d10+3)[5]

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I guess I should roll dodge too if needed. (1d100)[84] v. 32

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

As part of Spasm, potential Ballistic Skill checks for their guns going off:

1. (1D100)[97] vs TN 38
    2. (1D100)[13] vs TN 38
    3. (1D100)[61] vs TN 38
    4. (1D100)[41] vs TN 38

Also, Marc only has a WP bonus of +5, not +6, apologies about that (still passes all Thresholds and can affect 4 people with Spasm)...in addition to apologies about not separating the individual dice (to check for doubles).
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-04-17 at 11:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Initiative Order so Far
    Marcella 11
    Gangers 7
    Arl 6
    Luis 5

@All: I PM'ed Morovir, who has been a little MIA of late to see if he/she is still up for playing. I am going to give them until tomorrow, and then will take over the character to avoid dragging things out. Thank you everyone for the patience.

@Banana: No worries on the missing the rollv, and we can drop that spasm roll to 23 which doesn't change the overbleed at all. But here's the thing, basic math says Marcella rolled an 18 (24-6). With 2d10, there are only two ways to get such a high number, 9+9, or 8+10. This means there's a fifty percent chance Marcella should be rolling twice on the Psykic Phenomenon chart!!!

I'll give you one of two options. One, you re-roll using the rollv function, or two you roll a single D10 with 1-5 being 9+9, and 6-10 being that Marcella rolled 10+8. I'll let you decide.

Just in case, I'll roll 4 WP tests vs 25 for the gangers
    (1d100)[98](98)
    (1d100)[55](55)
    (1d100)[91](91)
    (1d100)[42](42)
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    @Banana: No worries on the missing the rollv, and we can drop that spasm roll to 23 which doesn't change the overbleed at all. But here's the thing, basic math says Marcella rolled an 18 (24-6). With 2d10, there are only two ways to get such a high number, 9+9, or 8+10. This means there's a fifty percent chance Marcella should be rolling twice on the Psykic Phenomenon chart!!!

I'll give you one of two options. One, you re-roll using the rollv function, or two you roll a single D10 with 1-5 being 9+9, and 6-10 being that Marcella rolled 10+8. I'll let you decide.

The low roll had to equate to the mess up didn't it . Proceeding with that choice, knowing the giantitp roller, would be like sticking my face into a hornets nest.

So I'll just roll again I suppose:

Spasm: (2d10+5)[1][6](7)

See? That 1 would've been what the giantitp planned to give me for the roll, and I'd now be rolling twice on the Psychic Phenomenon chart . I know the treachery of the giantitp roller all too well.

So 12. Far less impressive than taking out the whole group, but enough to affect 2 goons at least, including their leader.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-04-19 at 08:26 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Banana: Probably the smarter move.

Okay, no word from Morovir, so I'll start moving for Xerros

Initiative Order so Far
    Marcella 11
    Xerros 8
    Gangers 7
    Arl 6
    Luis 5

Xerros Initiative (1d10)[6] +2
    Attack (1d100)[24] vs. 35 + 10 for range +20 for stunned (if moving after Marcella)
    Damage (1d10)[10] +2
    Dodge if needed (1d10)[9] vs.15

And I'll roll five attack rolls going Georgy, then Leetus, then the three additional gangers
    (1d100)[70] vs 28 Damage (1d10)[7] +3
    (1d100)[90] vs 28 Damage (1d10)[5] +3
    (1d100)[73] vs 28 Damage (1d10)[1] +2
    (1d100)[13] vs 28 Damage (1d10)[2] +2
    (1d100)[58] vs 28 Damage (1d10)[8] +2
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2021-04-19 at 08:01 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Xerros has a chance for righteous fury (1d100)[74] vs 35 and damage (1d10)[3] (1d10)[5] (1d10)[10]
    Show