New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: OOC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Mallory doesn't have a much more to contribute to the ideas. Thinking hard isn't really a skill he has. He's much better was an object to hide behind when things go wrong. And there's solid intimidate potential in a guy who can invite knife wounds completely.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hi all. My sincere apologies if I have been MIA since the weekend. Work has been busy, and I have a family member in the hospital (and as the closest relative physician it seems like I am responsible for managing and translating everything for my family). I will have a lighter day today, and expect I will have a chance to read through everything and post in all games today.

Thank you very much for your patience with me, and again, my apologies for the delay!!!
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

RL always comes first. Best wishes to your family!
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

No worries. Luis has both Inquiry and Intimidate and has gotten lucky with a few social rolls (as well as bombed several more) so my plan is to walk into HR, pretend to be conducting an investigation on the other guilders and try and convince someone to give him the personnel files directly. Plan B will be to bribe them with the new shiny coin, and plan F is, well, I'm sure you can guess.

It is funny that the organization that can call upon vast resources to shatter planets is being so stingy with paying its operatives, but that tracks to the real world pretty well.

So who's in which group? Is it Luis/Arl/Mallory in group Credit Guild and Hound/Marcella/Null in group Magos?

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

I though Mallory was going to Magos. I might have misread...

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Oh yeah, you were going to carry the badge. Guess it's just Arl and Luis going to the Guild.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I think old team is sticking together and new team are sticking together; that was my understanding
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2021-07-16 at 03:14 PM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

That's certainly what you wrote.

I think the only person who may be undecided IC is Marcella, but from Hound's POV her presence isn't absolutely necessary. He's more interested in trying to establish what part the Magos is playing in events than he is in certifying that the weapons have been properly disposed of. That can come later, if it seems certain that there's something fishy about the Magos.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Based it off of:

"Perhaps it would be wise to divide our forces into two teams. One team can meet with Magos Petrovskii, the other can follow the trail of Sir Drimmle and his Credit Guilders. I would suggest that Regulator Mallory, myself, and Tech-Priest Null speak to the Magos and the three of you investigate the Guilders. This follows from the fact that - as Acolyte Luis has noted - you already have established covers as members of the Guild. I believe you were also provided with forged IDs to aid in the deception?"
    to which Marcella replied:

"Splitting into two teams is the best route," she said, as it took all the earnest will at her command to pretend as if Luis' suggestion didn't exist.

"If you arrive at the Magos brandishing the authority of the Inquisition, you will appear as a team following up the report we openly said we would lodge. Thus you would already be expected, but not so soon, thus giving you an element of surprise. My only concern is in your ability to correctly identify them if they have not yet been disposed of."

Marcella then gestured to herself, Arl and Luis, "we will go to the Credit Guilder database and inform them of the need to investigate the allegation of fellow member activity in the underhive, thus requiring access to information. I would suggest that one of yourselves..." Marcella gestured to the new guys, "who has the gift of the gab come with us, as I imagine some social graces will be required, and, well..."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Marcella did talk about going to the Magos so she can psychically scan for the bad stuff, which could be useful.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I think she first said she'd go to the credit guild, but she did also propose the problem of how the new team will be be able to certify the weapons. (given that they haven't seen them before and none of them can psychically scan it)

She can go with either group.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, I need a final decision to move things on
    Show

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Where you want her to go, guys? With the Magos team to help identify the weapons, or with the two feral worlders to the guild to protect them against Luis?

14. - Top - End - #404
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I think having her go see the Magos will be best, since the new team hasn't seen the weapons and thus it'd be easy to fake things.
    Currently looking for: Something crunchy

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sure, its decided then! Marcella will go with the new lads.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thank you everyone for the patience. That IC post was a long time coming. Hound and Luis have their thrones updated.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

At the very beginning, we had cover as 'Guilders', which meant we had uniforms to look like them. Did the cover also come with fake IDs and/or an actual presence in the Guilder system?

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hound will wait for Mallory or -Null to state our business.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    At the very beginning, we had cover as 'Guilders', which meant we had uniforms to look like them. Did the cover also come with fake IDs and/or an actual presence in the Guilder system?
    Yes, your covers should hold up to fairly strong scrutiny and you were given fake IDs. They should hold up to visual examination but you are not sure if they will hold up to more high-tech scrutiny. But you should be able to enter the building and go through security without trouble.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

We really need to teach your character how to use better weapons, dojango lol.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

@Bennosuke
    I thought the Credit Guild used yellow-gold capes/robes, as per the introductory OOC post? All your most recent posts describe them as red-robed.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

You are correct. Lazy posting on my part moving from red river tech priests. Will correct
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sorry for not posting much. Ive been pulling 65+ hour weeks in prep for overseas travel at the end of the week.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

@Bennosuke
    Any word from Blindfolded Ape? Since the Magos addressed his character directly, it'll seem a bit weird if Hound barges in to take over the conversation.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

No word, but I'll PM him now. Hopefully he (along with everyone else right now) is just very busy.

And no worries Banana. Hope things get better soon.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I'm not sure I've got enough apologies here, but I've got an explanation at least. Work ramped up to triple what I'd been handling previously, and I was already on a slow burnout at the time due to the hubbub around some home life things that arose. Pretty sure I felt my brain go "pop" at some point in there. Summing up though, I haven't had the brainpower to do much of anything that didn't fall under "necessary" for the past few weeks.

Entirely on me for not saying anything though. Hopefully with less on my mind (I'm down to a little less than where I was when this whole mess started), I should be a bit more active.
    Currently looking for: Something crunchy

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Welcome back - glad to hear things are getting better. Burnout is no joke.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Trust me, I feel you there! Normally I post about once a day, so you can see for how long I haven't been operating at my baseline.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm settling into my 2 weeks quarantine, so I should be alright to start posting normally now.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hope you are okay man. 2 week quarantine after travel???
    Show