New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: OOC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Would that be in reference to Sebastapol California by any chance? I had an ex-GF from there
    Well...I dunno about your ex-gf, but one of my exes might have spawned in Sevastapol .
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

I apologize for falling behind. This COVID-19 stuff is really throwing my workplace for a loop.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Well...I dunno about your ex-gf, but one of my exes might have spawned in Sevastapol .
    Lol, fair enough. And I thought I was being so clever.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Just FYI, I am being deployed to the icu to help with the covid crisis. I don’t know my schedule yet but it will likely affect my post rate. Will do my best to stay consistent.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Just FYI, I am being deployed to the icu to help with the covid crisis. I don’t know my schedule yet but it will likely affect my post rate. Will do my best to stay consistent.
    Stay safe (as much as possible for frontline healthcare)! I'll keep my fingers crossed and sacrifice a few people to Nurgle for your continued health.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I've been ill these past couple of days (it's not corona, it's just a flu) so posting will be slow from me.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Feel better man
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hey all, my apologies but today was my long call in the ICU, and I am simply blown out of the water. I will endeavor to post tomorrow and apologies for the delay!
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Okay, so Giantitp forum doesn't like Previewing a post when rolling.

Die rolls:

Sense Presence: (1D10+5)[13] vs Target DC 7

Distort Vision: (1D10+5)[10] vs Target DC 8
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2020-04-09 at 11:28 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That reminds me, Mr GM. I couldn't find any description of such, but what are the physical manifestations of psyker powers? I'm picturing nothing, other than what's written in the description.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mr. Banana both powers are successfully manifested without any negative outcomes, but I have a few questions before describing what happens.

But first, please finish updating your character sheet. You added the minor powers, but never removed the Perception bonus. Please fix

Second, what are you hoping to accomplish with these two powers, just so I get it right. My understanding with Distort Vision is that it basically makes you invisible for a turn, allowing you to do something stealthy:

... you disappear and your image reappears another space no more than 10 meters away. Till the start of your next turn, you are effectively invisible... All attacks against you , should your position be discovered by means of a psyniscience test are at a negative 30.
    But you describe this as Marcella shifting to the side just a little, so what is Marcella doing?

And with the Sense Presence, there is a lot of life around Marcella, but is there something she is looking for?

Lastly, the way I see it is that unless you roll a 9 and get a psychic phenomenon or perils of the warp, it's no more than a slight visible effort, such as the wrinkling of the brow, or a slight grimace, which can be hidden under scrutiny in the same way you can hide how much you are straining when lifting a heavy object when a pretty girl walks by.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

But first, please finish updating your character sheet. You added the minor powers, but never removed the Perception bonus. Please fix

Ah yes, sorry about that! Honest mistake. Scouts honour .

Second, what are you hoping to accomplish with these two powers, just so I get it right. My understanding with Distort Vision is that it basically makes you invisible for a turn, allowing you to do something stealthy:

But you describe this as Marcella shifting to the side just a little, so what is Marcella doing?

With her use of Distort Vision, the way that I'm interpreting it: "With this power, you disappear and your image reappears in another space no more than 10 metres away." you're effectively making a mirror image of yourself somewhere nearby that people think is you, with a Psyniscience roll needed to discover the truth; after 1 turn, the illusion is over and you're revealed where you really are. I take this interpretation from the wording and the name ("Distort Vision" rather than straight "Invisibility").

Thus, she's "appearing" to be next to the spot that she actually is, as to gain the benefit of the power (misdirecting incoming attacks) but not raising suspicion (suddenly disappearing from the group).

Your interpretation, however, over-rules mine if mine is not apt.

What are your thoughts?

And with the Sense Presence, there is a lot of life around Marcella, but is there something she is looking for?
    They've been led down a corridor of the desperate and starving. At the end of that are two punks who in no way look like they could take on two well-armed individuals, let alone 6 of them, yet are stalling them in smug, silent defiance. Marc did enough lure-trap-and-ambush on animals when she was a kid to think she's walking into a trap. Thus, she was using her Sense Presence to detect any humanoids around that she can't spot by eye. If she senses anything suspicious (such as a group of humanoids clustered together behind a barricade or around a corner somewhere) she'll pass it on to Arl or the other guardsman so they're aware.

Lastly, the way I see it is that unless you roll a 9 and get a psychic phenomenon or perils of the warp, it's no more than a slight visible effort, such as the wrinkling of the brow, or a slight grimace, which can be hidden under scrutiny in the same way you can hide how much you are straining when lifting a heavy object when a pretty girl walks by.
    Groovy, that's how I've been imagining it too. Unless there is a physical manifestation (like they shoot lightning from their eyes or something), then it looks like they're not doing anything out of the ordinary. That helps a lot. If using a psyker power caused their eyes to glow for example, the gig would be up right away. But if their manifestation is more surreptitious, then they can be used in more discrete ways.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2020-04-10 at 11:18 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ah yes, sorry about that! Honest mistake. Scouts honour .
    I believe you. I try to always give my players the benefit of the doubt.

With her use of Distort Vision, the way that I'm interpreting it: "With this power, you disappear and your image reappears in another space no more than 10 metres away." you're effectively making a mirror image of yourself somewhere nearby that people think is you, with a Psyniscience roll needed to discover the truth; after 1 turn, the illusion is over and you're revealed where you really are. I take this interpretation from the wording and the name ("Distort Vision" rather than straight "Invisibility").

Thus, she's "appearing" to be next to the spot that she actually is, as to gain the benefit of the power (misdirecting incoming attacks) but not raising suspicion (suddenly disappearing from the group).

Your interpretation, however, over-rules mine if mine is not apt.

What are your thoughts?
    Gotcha, your interpretation makes sense, and I'm on board.

Groovy, that's how I've been imagining it too. Unless there is a physical manifestation (like they shoot lightning from their eyes or something), then it looks like they're not doing anything out of the ordinary. That helps a lot. If using a psyker power caused their eyes to glow for example, the gig would be up right away. But if their manifestation is more surreptitious, then they can be used in more discrete ways.
    Ya. I'm going more with the Eisenhorn description of psychering (is that a word?), where for his most simple tricks it's pretty mundane, but when he's really straining all sorts of strange things start to happen.

I'm going to update my IC post to address Marcella
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Who was going to be the talky talker? My thought was that we could claim that we are going to offer his bosses a line of credit or something.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Won't be Marc. Psykers really suck at everything except using their psyker powers. It really is a harsh system .

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The party really lacks a social character, so it will be interesting whomever decides to step up.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Just as a quick update for those of you who weren't aware: My weekend was expanded to go from today through Sunday, because I've done more ICU shifts than most. So my post rate should be much improved over the next few days.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I've updated the NPC list, please let me know if there is anyone/thing that needs to be added.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hey all, today was a nightmare day at work both I’m terms of hours and events. I’m totally spent. I will post tomorrow afternoon after work. Thank you for the patience and I apologize for the delay.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

No worries. Honestly, I'm impressed with your posting rate. I'm used to games moving at a much slower pace.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thank you. As I mentioned when I started the recruitment, I know I may not be the best ST/GM/DM out there, but I will always try to be consistent, and try to communicate if/when there are snags that will keep me from posting. I know there haven't been any big dramatic scenes yet, but I hope I can keep your guys' interest for just a little longer for when the hammers start dropping
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hey all, I want to apologize again for the delays. I am off tomorrow, and after I give my puppy a long walk first thing in the AM, I will be spending my morning posting. Look for an IC post in the next twelve hours or so. Thank you for the patience!
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Should've brought that frag grenade.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Messed up Initiative roll so rerolling here: (1d10+2)[10]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'd hope you could save the grenade for something a little more worthwhile.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Well, over-kill is the best type of kill .

Initiative: (1d10+3)[4]

*rolls eyes* of course.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2020-04-28 at 08:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thank you everyone for the patience. I know my post rate has been even lower this rate than last. For what it's worth, because things have been improving at my hospital I have been released from ICU duty two weeks early. I don't know what I will be doing starting Monday, or if I even go back to work Monday, but I hope that along with getting to rest up a lot, I will be able to post more starting now.

So lets get this fight rolling finally! And I apologize if I have to double post a little here.

Initiative Order
    Luis 13
    Arl 13
    Xerros 10
    Severine 6
    Marcella 4
    Ryders 4

Initiative for the Ryders (1d10)[1]

Dodge (1d100)[48] against Luis
    Dodge (1d100)[99] against Severine

Attack one against Luis (1d100)[13]
    Attack two against Luis (1d100)[51]
    Attack one against Arl (1d100)[68]
    Attack two against Arl (1d100)[58]
    Attack one against Xerros (1d100)[91]
    Attack one against Severine (1d100)[58]
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-05-01 at 11:07 AM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Yep, knew I'd miss something. Only attack that might land is one against Luis. Rolling damage (1d10)[8] + 2
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I apologize for not clarifying this earlier, but Luis, Arl, Xerros and Severine are now in melee combat, with both Arl and Luis facing two Ryers, and Xerros and Severine facing one.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

I apologize for not clarifying this earlier, but Luis, Arl, Xerros and Severine are now in melee combat, with both Arl and Luis facing two Ryers, and Xerros and Severine facing one.
    If I remember correctly, pistols can be fired in melee range with no penalties. But of that's the case, I should toss a dodge in as Severine's reaction.

(1d100)[53] - Edit: Fail against TN 17.
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2020-05-02 at 02:54 PM.