New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

Read the names more closely. I would have explained it if I were serious.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

END DAY 2

People were quite concerned about the murder that happened in the night, and that was all some would talk about that day. Some even took to publishing reviews of every other person in town. Slowly suspicion moved onto the person who wanted very strongly to kill 'as a test'. Xihirli was lynched. They were town.

Spoiler: Vote Count
    Show

(5) Xihirli: Mrs. McGinty, Snowblaze, AvatarVecna, gac3, kgato503
    (2) CaoimhinTheCape: Valmark, Xihirli
    (2) gac3: Duck999, Captain Cap
    (1) Captain Cap: Aventine
    (1) rogue_alchemist: CaoimhinTheCape
    (1) Duck999: Lex-Kat
    (1) Aventine: Libro

Additionally, some discover a rotten smell coming from one of the houses. When you peek inside, you see the decomposing body of Logan1996. They must have died weeks earlier. They were town.

Logan1996 was autolynched. rogue_alchemist, please participate.

BEGIN NIGHT 2. It will end 11am EST April 1st.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Read the names more closely. I would have explained it if I were serious.
    Oh. Yeah, I support that theory.

(Not gonna comment on the results during the night)

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Avenge me!
    Or somebody. Whatever.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #365
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Avenge me!
    Or somebody. Whatever.
    Nothing in your game,
    Became you like the leaving of it.

*respectful nod*

Edit:

Twice in a row we've mislynched edgy townies.

Who's playing it safe?
    Last edited by Mrs McGinty; 2020-03-30 at 07:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    Nothing in your game,
    Became you like the leaving of it.

*respectful nod*

Edit:

Twice in a row we've mislynched edgy townies.

Who's playing it safe?

Is that a quote from somewhere? I feel like I should know it.

And... I’ll think about it. Not saying any more until the night’s over.

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #367

BlueWizardGirl

END NIGHT 2.

The town was sleeping restlessly after those hectic and violent days, so when a shot was heard it was surprising that nobody got to AvatarVecna's house in time to see who had done it. What was unmistakable was the corpse of that was draped across the armchair, blood staining it's face.

AvatarVecna was murdered, they were town.

BEGIN DAY 3. It will end 12pm EST on April 3rd.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

8. - Top - End - #368
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 2

This chapter leaves out Aventine, given I already expressed my thoughts about their posts.

CHAPTER 3: The Silence of the Lambs (#240 - #361)

Mrs McGinty started the day by predicting (wrongly) to be "a major vagon again", in ultra-defensive mode after two tragic deaths linked to her. Not a good start, I would say, and after participating at the lynching of the innocent Xihilrli, even worse in retrospect.

Valmark gives an analysis I mostly agree with, or at least I don't see anything wrong about that.

Even Snowblaze begins the day with an analysis, nothing to say except for the following extract.
    Valmark: see yesterday. Also deliberately avoided the Unavenger wagon - could be a wolf trying to gain town credit. Or could be my paranoia speaking.
    Deliberately avoiding a wagon ... is this even a thing? Maybe someone with greater experience on this forum can correct me on this point, but I think the accusation is really exaggerated (well, she justifies herself with paranoia, but that didn't stop her from making the comment). Even if Valmark had strong reasons to eliminate Unavenger, there were already 6 votes on him, with barely any competition, he would have died nevertheless (both Valmark and Aventine actually voted after EOD, so there were legally 5 votes on Unavenger, but the point still stands); besides, gac3 was still his main suspect, so there was literally no reason for him to vote Unavenger.
    This just sounds like someone wanting to instill doubts about Valmark credibility (with no apparent motive ***).

Duck999 doesn't like the motivation of Valmark for voting gac3 again, strangely missing the point that gac3 is still his main suspect ... mmm ...
    However later he admits the mistake, so I'll go neutral for this.

Mrs McGinty starts with her reads, good efforts, it moves her a little toward town leaning.

gac3 votes Mrs McGinty due to "instincts", but he seems to be busy and I'm not going to doubt about that.

A pressure wagon emerges on rogue_alchemist, nothing particularly wrong about this.

Duck999 returns to the ''D1 discussion arguments'', but this time he sounds more reasonable (however he seems to back off a bit from his original position).

A discussion emerges on sacrificing CaoihminTheCape: Xihirli is obviously in favor and others are understandably against.

Lex-Kat votes on Duck999 for gut feelings alone, despite this first days have been quite animated, with a lot of posts and possible analysis.

Valmark changes his vote to CaoihminTheCape, despite gac3 still being his main suspect and a likely source of intel, because he now trusts Xihirli (at least she was revealed to be a townfolk, otherwise this would have been way more suspicious).

Libro pokes Aventine after little activity.

Conclusions:
    Valmark is mostly fine, again.
    Suspicions on Snowblaze rise, while remaining stable on Mrs McGinty.
    Lex-Kat and Libro are neutral overall: not enough activity for me to form a better judgment.
    Duck999 appears a slightly bit wolf leaning: not a lot of pro-town activity and he wasn't completely able to clean earlier suspicions about him.
    rogue_alchemist at this point is probably rotting somewhere.

---------

Back to my main suspects (for previous references see #262 and #308)

I'm not going to beat around the bush, Snowblaze is seen again at the lynching of an innocent, our beloved(?) Xihirli, whose wagon was officially started by gac3, second vote of the 5.
    *** Snowblaze expresses far-fetched doubts about Valmark after he votes once again for gac3.
    At this point my war with Aventine is evident: a townfolk against a wolf (or we are both wolves and master geniuses of evil).

So, gac3, Aventine and Snowblaze are still my wolf-core. On the other hand, if my theory is true, both Mrs McGinty and CaoihminTheCape are likely unfortunate souls entagled in the wolves' plots.

A 4th wolf could be Duck999, but I'm not sure.

AvatarVecna was probably seen as dangerous in general, so I can't say anything about her death.

---------

QUESTION: Usually, in this forum, what percentage of the players are wolves?
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2020-04-01 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Forgot to vote

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

I think around 4 for 16+ players? Any less and it would be over in three days tops. Three wolves makes sense too, but I think it's too little. (I'll post something game relevant after I finish dinner)

10. - Top - End - #370

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

1. AvatarVecna
    2. gac3
    3. Valmark
    4. Logan1996
    5. kgato503
    6. Aventine
    7. Snowblaze
    8. rogue_alchemist
    9. Captain Cap
    10. Unavenger
    11. JeenLeen
    12. Xihirli?
    14. CaoimhinTheCape
    15. Libro
    16. Lex-Kat
    17. Duck999
    18. Mrs. McGinty

12 players left, with at least 7 town. I don't know what is standard here, but my guess is that there are 4 or 5 mafia (6 and we've already lost, 3 seems like too little).

Assuming we lose rogue_alchemist for inactivity, lynch today, and there's a town death on N3, we have 9 people around for Day 4. My guess is we have to lynch right or lose. Maybe if there's 4 mafia we have another mislynch but I wouldn't count on it.

Looking at the final votes of each day, now colored based on the revealed players...

Spoiler: Day 1 Final Vote
    Show

Color/bold mine

Mrs McGinty 1 (gac3)

Aventine 1 (kgato503)

Logan1996 1 (Duck999)

Rogue_alchemist 1 (Aventine)

CaoimhinTheCape 3 (Xihirli, Unavenger, JeenLeen)

gac3 3 (rogue_alchemist, Captain Cap, Valmark)

Valmark 1 (Lex-Kat)

Unavenger 6 (Snowblaze, Mrs McGinty, Libro, AvatarVecna, CaoimhinTheCape, Aventine)

Didn't post: Logan1996

(Note: this is different from Caerulea's because it counts votes after EOD.

Spoiler: Day 2 Final Vote
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post

(5) Xihirli: Mrs. McGinty, Snowblaze, AvatarVecna, gac3, kgato503
    (2) CaoimhinTheCape: Valmark, Xihirli
    (2) gac3: Duck999, Captain Cap
    (1) Captain Cap: Aventine
    (1) rogue_alchemist: CaoimhinTheCape
    (1) Duck999: Lex-Kat
    (1) Aventine: Libro

Not sure I have much to draw from, of note the last people on my wagon day 1 were all Town.

gac3 and myself are the only others ones with sizeable wagons at the end of the day, captain cap voting for gac3 on both days (unless there's a lot of bussing going on, I'm guessing they're not both wolves?).

Right now, putting my vote on Lex-kat.

Day 1, Lex votes McGinty and then changes to Valmark with the post below. A couple other posts on the first few pages with no votes or game discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Changing my vote to Valmark, as I don't want Mrs. McGinty lynched.
    On Day 2, her only post was a vote for Duck, "on gut instinct alone".

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Now, if you don't mind, I'm voting for Duck999, for gut instinct alone. I am no good at analyzing anything until late game. So I usually don't try. You can ask those who played with me before, if they remember, but this is how I've played before I left.
    Even if the rate of posting is normal, both votes were for someone who had no votes on them previously. Neither vote affects the lynch, gets us much information, and to me reads like someone trying to stay in the game but not take a side.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    Mrs McGinty started the day by predicting (wrongly) to be "a major vagon again", in ultra-defensive mode after two tragic deaths linked to her. Not a good start, I would say, and after participating at the lynching of the innocent Xihilrli, even worse in retrospect.
    How is predicting that I'll be a major wagon defensive at all, let alone ultra-defensive?

So, gac3, Aventine and Snowblaze are still my wolf-core.
    Could you summarise your case(s) here in an easily digestible form, please? (Or link me to where you did so already, if you feel it's sufficiently clear.)

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    I think around 4 for 16+ players? Any less and it would be over in three days tops. Three wolves makes sense too, but I think it's too little. (I'll post something game relevant after I finish dinner)
    I reckon that, for a mountainous game of this size in this community (which is low meta - most players don't know each other well - and low post rate), three wolves would be fair, four would be tough on town, and five would be close to impossible unless the scum made a complete mess of it.

12. - Top - End - #372

SwashbucklerGuy

How is predicting that I'll be a major wagon defensive at all, let alone ultra-defensive?
    It seemed to me you were trying to pass yourself as a victim of the circumstances.

Could you summarise your case(s) here in an easily digestible form, please? (Or link me to where you did so already, if you feel it's sufficiently clear.
    In the previous post there are references to 2 past comments. Right now I have problems with connection (I'm not sure if it's me or the site) so I'm not able to take the links.
    If necessary, tomorrow I'll make a complete summary.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Mrs. McGinty has now missed her chance to analyze AV, which is too bad on multiple levels. I do want to know who your highest suspects are now, because you've been very passionate and wrong so far this game.

I'm still looking at Mrs. McGinty and gac3, but I want to hear both of their top suspects before making a decision there.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, with 4 wolves we've got today and next day, with 5 there's only today- rogue_alchemist auto-lynch is a non-issue. Assuming my math is correct.

That said, I'm not sure what we can learn from AV's death. She's honestly always a good target. That said if we look at who the victims suspected Caoimhin always appears in top, while Ginty and Snowblaze were suspected by three of them (Snowblaze was very low in priority for AV though. Like, at the bottom).

Thing is, it feels a bit too obvious honestly. I don't want to discard it because, well, it means throwing away most of the info we got from deaths. On another note, out of the people who voted for Xi we can see Ginty, Snowblaze and Gac3, the latter too part of Vecna's death list.

So, clues taken from the deaths look like they are pointing at Ginty, Snow, Gac and Caoimhin. Which honestly reinforces my idea that it could be a trap, since they look like the exact amount of people to be wolves (if there are four). Homewever, as previously stated, my top suspect is Gac3 so I'm willing to bet on at least one of them being a wolf. That said, if I see wagons pick up on the others I'm likely to join- aside from Ginty. They've been playing in a way that attracted a lot of attention, and there would be plenty of info to gain, but I feel like it is a weird TOWN play and with us being at the third day we can't honestly afford many mislynches (with 4 wolves we can mislynch today and that's it, all other deaths must be wolves).

Beyond these four, I'm kinda suspicious of Duck (there is the possibility that all that absence is actually a wolf laying low, and they could have devided to kill AV because she seemed to have bitten the leaf, but I think they would have been smarter about it), Lex (again, those few posts she made could very well be a wolf faking partecipation, but again I think she'd be acting differently) and Aventine (reasons previously stated, nothing new came up that I can recall right now- if Gac3 turns out wolf they will be more of a priority)

Those I haven't nominated are either neutral or town aligned in my opinion- by neutral I mean that I don't think anything in particular about them, not that there is a secret neutral faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Rereading, I think I haven't been clear in the first part of the past- I meant that I'm conflicted on how much weight we should be giving to the death-related info, and that I'm willing to bet on the basis that I'm already considering some of them wolves.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

It seemed to me you were trying to pass yourself as a victim of the circumstances.
    You think that was me denying responsibility for being in that position?

In the previous post there are references to 2 past comments. Right now I have problems with connection (I'm not sure if it's me or the site) so I'm not able to take the links.
    If necessary, tomorrow I'll make a complete summary.
    What I'd like is a neat, concise summary of why you are wolf-reading those three. You're projecting some confidence in the reads, but I'm lacking clarity on why. That's probably my failing, but I'd appreciate if you could help me understand.

I've been having issues connecting to GitP myself, btw.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Mrs. McGinty has now missed her chance to analyze AV, which is too bad on multiple levels.
    Eh? What levels?

Why does it matter that I didn't give AV an in-depth analysis?

I do want to know who your highest suspects are now, because you've been very passionate and wrong so far this game.
    This is a non-sequitur.

I have indeed been both passionate and wrong, but that doesn't begin to explain why you think it's so important to know my top suspects.

I'm still looking at Mrs. McGinty and gac3, but I want to hear both of their top suspects before making a decision there.
    Repeating the focus on top suspects.

This feels weird, and not in a good way.

Edit 2:

That said, I'm not sure what we can learn from AV's death. She's honestly always a good target.
    Sorry if you've already stated this, but how much mafia/ww have you played before?
    Last edited by Mrs McGinty; 2020-04-01 at 05:15 PM.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Mrs. McGinty has now missed her chance to analyze AV, which is too bad on multiple levels. I do want to know who your highest suspects are now, because you've been very passionate and wrong so far this game.

The only players who know enough to be able to never be wrong are the wolves. Being suspicious of someone just for having been wrong is not great. Nor was McGinty the only person suspicious of both our mislynched townies. Raising questions of why they are apparently getting a pass here.

Still overall getting flying under the radar vibes from Duck too.
    Last edited by Aventine; 2020-04-02 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Unvote

17. - Top - End - #377
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    The only players who know enough to be able to never be wrong are the wolves. Being suspicious of someone just for having been wrong is not great. Nor was McGinty the only person suspicious of both our mislynched townies. Raising questions of why they are apparently getting a pass here.

Still overall getting flying under the radar vibes from Duck too.
    Why should you be town, Aventine?

From your own perspective, what have you done that you think is inherently townie?

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry if you've already stated this, but how much mafia/ww have you played before?
    On here, is my third game (first one won and survived until the end, second one lost and died pretty soon. Town both times)

In general I played once a few years ago, and never again because I didn't really have friends that like it.

As for the specific comment you quoted, I said that because AV has quite the reputation- and I do think she's a good player, for how much I could see firsthand.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Nothing really, I suppose. As a wolf I'd've likely focused more heavily on one person, rather than bounce around, to try to make myself look like I'm trying to help without giving away too much. But that's probably personal meta, not to mention inherently WIFOMy as hell.

I've tried to give a bit of analysis and promote a bit more talking. But I'm not sure there's anything there that couldn't be done as a wolf.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

On here, is my third game (first one won and survived until the end, second one lost and died pretty soon. Town both times)

In general I played once a few years ago, and never again because I didn't really have friends that like it.

As for the specific comment you quoted, I said that because AV has quite the reputation- and I do think she's a good player, for how much I could see firsthand.
    If you're scum, this has been an exceptional performance.

How have you enjoyed it so far?

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

If you're scum, this has been an exceptional performance.

How have you enjoyed it so far?
    Quite fun, although I'd like having a few more securities. With powers even after the first night you potentially know who could be Town- like in the second game (even though there I actually went against my gut feeling. Not that it mattered since I died before being able to do anything relevant :p).

Probably for now the first one was the best- there were two town factions, which meant that I actually had a group of people to trust. Kinda. There was a mole in it. Of course, this one still has to end.

- - - Updated - - -

Note: I specifically said who could be Town because I think finding the wolves is harder, even with powers. Besides, since there are more townies then people it's statistically easier to find one.

- - - Updated - - -

More townies then wolves. I should probably edit, but I don't like editing because you don't know what was written before.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

If scum, Valmark and Aventine are playing me like a fiddle right now.

I'll just take my hat off.

Edit:

Someone tell me I'm wrong and one or both of them is scum.

Needs more paranoia. Get me out of this lovetunnel.

Edit2

How good is Snowblaze?

How good are you, Snowblaze?
    Last edited by Mrs McGinty; 2020-04-01 at 08:11 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh? What levels?

Why does it matter that I didn't give AV an in-depth analysis?
    First that we lost AV, second that I was hoping we'd get that analysis and it would be a time to get a better read on you. Yesterday I stated I was with AV on the idea that you had done a lot of analysis of low post-count players but hadn't done the high post counts. I was hoping to get that because, as I said yesterday, a lot of your posts seem to be participatory but don't contribute a ton. That would have been a perfect chance to prove me wrong. Look at AV's analysis to see what I mean.

This is a non-sequitur.

I have indeed been both passionate and wrong, but that doesn't begin to explain why you think it's so important to know my top suspects.
    I just figured your reads had changed and I'm curious in what way. And looking at today, I see you questioning people but you haven't stated any suspects at all.

Obviously no one in this game is yet to be right about a wolf, but I was already suspicious of McGinty for a few things and she was passionate about all her reads. Then again, it might just be who she is/the way she plays.

Also I highly doubt there are five wolves in a game with no powers. Town would stand no chance. Three or four seems reasonable.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2020-04-01 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Fixing Quote
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

If scum, Valmark and Aventine are playing me like a fiddle right now.

I'll just take my hat off.

Edit:

Someone tell me I'm wrong and one or both of them is scum.

Needs more paranoia. Get me out of this lovetunnel.

Edit2

How good is Snowblaze?

How good are you, Snowblaze?
    If I’m honest, I don’t really know. I’ve played three games before this one and won them all, but I wouldn’t say it’s due to my own skill. The first two were kind of insane, and the third (when I was a wolf) half of town were inactive.

So... I’m not a bad player, but I can’t really say if I’m a good one or not until I’ve played a game that’s really challenged me.

Not much point in posting a vote count since it’d just be the same as Caerulea’s, so I’ll just poke Libro for suspicious voting day one (specifically, the rapid switch from Logan to Cao to Unavenger) and relative inactivity.

Hopefully more analysis to follow later.

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

...I’ll just poke Libro for suspicious voting day one (specifically, the rapid switch from Logan to Cao to Unavenger) and relative inactivity.

Hopefully more analysis to follow later.
    Man, I really disagree of the suspiciousness of that double switch. Pretty much any way Caoimhin and Unavenger's alignments turn out there is going to be a decently reasonable sounding justification to be suspicious of Libro at first glance. Feels like he really just wasn't thinking about how his actions would be perceived and analyzed, and I'd say that's definitely townie looking.

26. - Top - End - #386

SwashbucklerGuy

You think that was me denying responsibility for being in that position?
    Kind of.

What I'd like is a neat, concise summary of why you are wolf-reading those three. You're projecting some confidence in the reads, but I'm lacking clarity on why. That's probably my failing, but I'd appreciate if you could help me understand.
    I'll try my best (for completeness I'm still inserting the links to the major posts and the discussion sparked between me, @Aventine and @Snowblaze, hope they control too and in case tell me if I missed anything).

I can't do a recap without quoting the comment that started this all, so here we begin.
    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I want to vote Snowblaze... But I doubt they are a wolf again. So I'm going Jeenleen because they make me suspicious. If these bandwagons stay, I'll probably join the Snowblaze one. They tricked everyone last game.
    As kgato503 points out, what gac3 adduced as a justification for voting JeenLeen instead of Snowblaze is wrong: they were both wolves last time, therefore, from that post alone, there was no good reason for picking JeenLeen instead of Snowblaze; actually, in that post there's no reason to justify any kind of vote at all.
    I can understand beginning with a random vote on someone, but beginning "randomly" mentioning you would like to vote someone (for no reason) and randomly vote someone else in the same post is just off.
    There's no reason at all for a townfolk to do that, but what about a wolf?

On the nature of the post, I include the links to a discussion between Aventine and Valmark:
    - Aventine defends again gac3
    - Valmark responds
    - Aventine insists

Aventine argues that no maliciousness can be attributed to gac3 words, but I differ, as I explain in this post, here a summary:
    - maybe gac3 wanted to use one of their few posts (they knew they would have been busy) to discreetly imply a form of distrust between them and Snowblaze (later reinforced by her in a following comment)
    - usually we make mistakes the less we put thought in what we do: maybe the official reason to vote JeenLeen instead of Snowblaze wasn't important at all to gac3; maybe what was important to them was to mention Snowblaze (possibly for the reason illustrated above) and to vote JeenLeen (possibly because they actually started the first wagon on Snowblaze)

Links to a related discussion between Aventine and me:
    - Aventine responds to my points
    - I answer back

Other reasons to suspect gac3:
    - general ambiguity in their votes justifications, like the comment already mentioned, you, Mrs McGinty, posting not specified "odd things", or due to "instincts" in an advanced stage of the game
    - weak defences overall
    - officially starting the wagon (second vote) on the innocent Xihirli

Reasons to suspect Snowblaze:
    - starting the first wagon in the game on the innocent AvatarVecna
    - on the defensive at the beginning
    - participation to all the lynching happened until now (of innocent townfolks)
    - far-fetched accusation against Valmark about avoiding Unavenger wagon (right after Valmark voted gac3 again)
    The reasons are not particularly strong taken alone, she doesn't give bad explanations overall, however, if put together with the controversial comment of gac3, I sense a fair amount of wolf-leaning.

It could be argued that if she was a wolf, it would have been too risky to execute JeenLeen right after they accused her; actually, it wouldn't have been too risky, if we consider she was in the good company of other controversial figures, you, Mrs McGinty, and CaoihminTheCape: a wolf blended between two black sheep, a nice meat shield.

Discussion about CaoihminTheCape as a scapegoat (and the general theory) between me and Snowblaze:
    - I outline the theory
    - Snowblaze questions the idea
    - I respond
    - Snowblaze questions me again
    - I answer

- Snowblaze questions the connection with gac3
    - I respond

Reasons to suspect Aventine:
    - fast to consider you as not only town, but the towniest there is (maybe he wanted to reinforce the trust between you two to take advantage of it later in the game)
    - fast to go against CaoihminTheCape (to be fair, Xihirli did this too)
    - fierce defence of gac3 "mistake" (as you may have noticed from the number of comments linked)
    Like in the case of Snowblaze, these points taken alone don't mean much, but if we consider the complete picture with gac3 and Snowblaze, they start to gain a certain weight, especially the defence of gac3 (if them and Snowblaze are wolves, the controversy over the comment puts at risk both of them, 50% of the team if there are 4 wolves) and the "feeding" of the scapegoat CaoihminTheCape.

After these arguments we can look in a different light at the little skirmish at the beginning between Snowblaze and Aventine: interestingly enough, the small conflict dies nearly instantly, without leaving any apparent trace of distrust.
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2020-04-02 at 11:14 AM.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Forum's grinding so bad (and messing up some of the pages even when it does load) that it's impossible to get any reading done.

I'd probably just have voted Duck, but I'm leery of leading another mislynch, and Cap's made a decent enough case for gac3.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I'd probably just have voted Duck, but I'm leery of leading another mislynch, and Cap's made a decent enough case for gac3.
    Jesus dude, that might well be the scummiest thing I've ever heard.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

I'd probably just have voted Duck, but I'm leery of leading another mislynch[/COLOR].
    Jesus dude, that might well be the scummiest thing I've ever heard.
    Maybe not the wolfiest thing I heard, but it's certainly wolfish. Similar, potentially worst then what Cao said back in the first day (they said to be movimg their vote from someone viewed as very town to someone without a read and didn't answer when asked to clarify their motive)

Here is way more implied that Ginty doesn't want to lead a mislynch to avoid suspicion. That's... Very particular. There again, one can think that if Ginty was town they would want to avoid to lead a mislynch because that could lead to their mislynch and to us losing, depending on the number of wolves.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I should say that Caoimhin dodged the question.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

You guys are misunderstanding what I'm worried about.

Whether I push a case on someone who then gets mislynched, contribute to mislynching a player I haven't pushed, or make no real effort to pushing a case on anyone and then someone gets mislynched without my involvement, I look terrible whichever way. The only thing that will effect that narrative is whether we catch scum, and whether or not I contribute in any way to making it happen.

What's worrying me is that my scum reads are just junk here, which is combining with my knack of getting people lynched to make life far too easy for the scum. So instead of risking making myself look bad by pushing another mislynch, I'm going to risk making myself look bad by totally sheeping someone else who seems more confident about their scum reads than I'm feeling myself.