Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 472
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Hmmm. Out of curiosity, and if you don't mind answering:

    1) Why me instead of JeenLeen?

    2) What do you think of my opinion that gac's mistake looks more like an innocent brainfart than a wolf slip of some sort?

    - - - Updated - - -

    And, now that I remember that you were one of the AV votes:

    3) Why the anti-self preservation vote?

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    1. Because I donít mind starting counter-wagons but do mind jumping on said counter-wagons without reasoning.

    2. Iím... not sure. I sort of agree - the post itself seems wolf but I think a wolf would be more careful than that. Mainly just suspicious because I disagree with the logic.

    3. So we can have bandwagons with actual reasoning beyond ďfor the sake of bandwagonsĒ or ďbecause of previous gamesĒ, and because thereís plenty of time for me to switch to self-preservation if my wagon stays large.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-03-25 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Fixing typo
    Cleric of the Random Number God. All hail RNGesus!

    Never played D&D and perpetually clueless in Werewolf/Mafia.

    Werewolf games won: 5 (as town, wolf, evil mutant, town again and Russian spy. Don't ask.)

    Werewolf games lost: 1 (as survivor)

    Number of deaths: 2 ( horribly murdered by Valmark, Xihirli and Lord Athos for no particular reason night one; killed night two for being the Seer) and now I have to get rid of all my lovely white text. Damn you, wolves!

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    To be fair, I have reasons.

    Oh, and we end on the 26th not the 25th. (I'm really living up to my rp of the town drunk here). Yeah, that makes more sense.

    Ok, I was going to say I didn't think you could get a wagon going on me before the day ended, then ask who you would want to go after if the two of us joined together to start a different counter-wagon. We have a lot more time than I thought, but I figure it's still a good question.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Are you going to tell me what your reasons are?

    I'm mildly suspicious of gac3 and JeenLeen, but nothing strong enough to warrant a vote. I'll get back to you on that once more people have posted.
    Cleric of the Random Number God. All hail RNGesus!

    Never played D&D and perpetually clueless in Werewolf/Mafia.

    Werewolf games won: 5 (as town, wolf, evil mutant, town again and Russian spy. Don't ask.)

    Werewolf games lost: 1 (as survivor)

    Number of deaths: 2 ( horribly murdered by Valmark, Xihirli and Lord Athos for no particular reason night one; killed night two for being the Seer) and now I have to get rid of all my lovely white text. Damn you, wolves!

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Or someone who is making a spreadsheet to track votes.
    Only a villain would make a spreadsheet to track votes!

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    Only a villain would make a spreadsheet to track votes!
    I have done that every game so far, including twice when I've been town.

    Although trying to defend myself against this kind of "logic" is pretty pointless.
    Cleric of the Random Number God. All hail RNGesus!

    Never played D&D and perpetually clueless in Werewolf/Mafia.

    Werewolf games won: 5 (as town, wolf, evil mutant, town again and Russian spy. Don't ask.)

    Werewolf games lost: 1 (as survivor)

    Number of deaths: 2 ( horribly murdered by Valmark, Xihirli and Lord Athos for no particular reason night one; killed night two for being the Seer) and now I have to get rid of all my lovely white text. Damn you, wolves!

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Are you going to tell me what your reasons are?
    A vote that actually means something and affects things is better than some flying-under-the-radar pointless empty vote. Voting for you did (or at least could potentially do) the most at that point.

    Unless you want to team up to pressure-wagon the quiet people, I'm not sure I have a better play to switch to for now.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I have done that every game so far, including twice when I've been town.
    Only a villain would do that every game so far, including twice when they've been town!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, okay.

    I'll stop now.

    Probably.

    :S

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    Okay, okay.

    I'll stop now.

    Probably.

    :S
    Ahh! But only a villain would stop now!

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Ahh! But only a villain would stop now!
    Ahaha! But only a villain would make so insightful an observation!

    Aventine
    Last edited by Mrs McGinty; 2020-03-25 at 05:15 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    Ahaha! But only a villain would make so insightful an observation!

    Aventine
    Noooooooo!

    My villainous scheme has been discovered and foiled! And I never even got a chance to deliver a gloating evil monologue. Only a truly great villain would be so cruel!

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Only a truly great villain would be so cruel!
    Finally I get the credit my play so richly deserves.

    But pray tell me, my moderately villainous friend, have you any knowledge of the recent state of townplay on this site?

    Are we to expect wallpost-battles of fiendish complexity and pointlessness, or pop-and-drop one-liners of humorous intent with no alignment-indicative content whatsoever?

    It's all shouting in the dark either way, of course, but it'd be good to know what to expect so I can blend in without looking suspicious contribute to the town cause in an appropriate manner.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Alas, I have spent too much time planning and perfecting my now ruined plans to have observed the less villainously minded and know little of their current ways.

    Also, I'm going to bed. G'night all.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Perhaps I can be of use: in my limited experience I have found that the town generally begin with the former, and as each game progresses move towards the latter. I have yet to encounter a true Wall of Text, but analysis is prevalent as the game continues.
    Cleric of the Random Number God. All hail RNGesus!

    Never played D&D and perpetually clueless in Werewolf/Mafia.

    Werewolf games won: 5 (as town, wolf, evil mutant, town again and Russian spy. Don't ask.)

    Werewolf games lost: 1 (as survivor)

    Number of deaths: 2 ( horribly murdered by Valmark, Xihirli and Lord Athos for no particular reason night one; killed night two for being the Seer) and now I have to get rid of all my lovely white text. Damn you, wolves!

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Snowblaze and Aventine can be my towncore.

    Disclaimer: Membership of towncore is likely to harm survival chances and will be reviewed under conditions of wild paranoia in the case of members' continued existence much past d1.

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I was going to go against the AvatarVecna wagon, and maybe I'll change my vote, but her voting for herself makes me suspect shenanigans.

    ...or, well, that's what I was thinking of writing, but I don't think her dying will give us much intel. If she's a wolf, then it's a failed ploy and probably the wolves either let us lynch her or are voting on her because they can tell it failed. If she's town, we did the wolves' job for them and they can hang back.

    So I'll work on a counter-wagon. See who bites, as that could give useful info later when we learn AV and the second-in-lynching's affiliation.
    Snowblaze
    JeenLeen

    Only a villain could be so explainy!
    Last edited by Mrs McGinty; 2020-03-25 at 11:23 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Keeping track of your votes is a real pain, Mrs. McGinty.
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2020-03-25 at 04:19 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    From what I know switching around the vote several times is considered a wolf move by better players then me, so I guess Mrs. McGinty.

    They are the only ones to give me any actual motive. Also I woke up with a splitting headache, so this is all the analisys I can do. I'll keep Gac3's vote in the fridge.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-03-25 at 01:36 PM.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Jellicle Ball is recruiting!


  18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    From what I know switching around the vote several times is considered a wolf move by better players then me, so I guess Mrs. McGinty
    Only a villain would switch around the vote several times?

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    Only a villain would switch around the vote several times?
    I mean, pretty sure you're (jokingly) incriminating yourself there Mrs McGinty. Also, hi everyone!
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2020-03-25 at 03:11 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Apparently? I can get the reasoning, at least. A wolf would try to confuse town this way. I don't actually agree with it, but I don't agree with plenty of the pre-established rules.

    There is to say that you aren't offering many reasons for your votes- not that there are many in day 1, but still. I have to go on with something.


    Besides, I have a tendency to switch the vote around a lot too, regardless of alignment. ("Tendency" observed in all of 2 games, one of these where I died early, so not much of a statistic I guess)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    Only a villain would switch around the vote several times?
    Forgot to quote who I was replying to.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    I mean, pretty sure you're (jokingly) incriminating yourself there Mrs McGinty. Also, hi everyone!
    True, good catch. Maybe they WANT to be lynched due to the horrible crimes they committed with their gang of gunmen Ť.ť also hi~
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Jellicle Ball is recruiting!


  21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    All aboard the McGinty wagon!

    The more I post, the more you vote me!

    The more you vote me, the more I post!

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    ...do you *want* to be lynched? And if so, why?
    Cleric of the Random Number God. All hail RNGesus!

    Never played D&D and perpetually clueless in Werewolf/Mafia.

    Werewolf games won: 5 (as town, wolf, evil mutant, town again and Russian spy. Don't ask.)

    Werewolf games lost: 1 (as survivor)

    Number of deaths: 2 ( horribly murdered by Valmark, Xihirli and Lord Athos for no particular reason night one; killed night two for being the Seer) and now I have to get rid of all my lovely white text. Damn you, wolves!

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    All aboard the McGinty wagon!

    The more I post, the more you vote me!

    The more you vote me, the more I post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    ...do you *want* to be lynched? And if so, why?
    We are quite obviously selling our souls to the devil.
    Not that I mind, there's already plenty of entities in line.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Jellicle Ball is recruiting!


  24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    ...do you *want* to be lynched? And if so, why?
    Yeah, this town ain't big enough for two of those!!


    Currently Recruiting: The Jellicle Ball

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    ...do you *want* to be lynched? And if so, why?
    No, I don't want to be lynched.

    But the best way I know to generate alignment-indicative content on d1 is to act like I do.

    It might help you to understand me if I tell you that the last game I played had more than 900 posts on d1 alone.

    I came back here to play a more chilled kind of game, but I still want to make some kind of effort towards winning it, even if it risks me eating a mislynch for my trouble.



    Edit: Just in case anyone thinks that makes me look any less villainous, I should now deploy the scummiest statement it is possible to make in mafia:

    I would never play like this as scum!

    p.s. Are we allowed to call the villains 'scum' here? I seem to recall someone having an issue with it once upon a time, but I'm going to find it hard not to do so given its ubiquity on the other sites I frequent.
    Last edited by Mrs McGinty; 2020-03-25 at 07:52 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    I figured my explanation might seem wolfish, but, well, I also figured it was sound enough (and short enough) to be worth stating.

    As to if I've ever been town: I was the accountant (seer) in the corporate game. And Town in this game

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    All aboard the McGinty wagon!

    The more I post, the more you vote me!

    The more you vote me, the more I post!
    I actually feel rather suspicious of McGinty after this. As this forum has a metagame of not lynching new players D1, they are safe to do wolfish stuff like odd posts or switching around votes. The other wolves could have explained they essentially have 'plot armor' this Day.
    So, following the courtesy of not voting for new players, not voting for her, at least D1.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I actually feel rather suspicious of McGinty after this.
    A perfectly natural reaction. I shan't hold it against you.

    In fact, I would change my vote right now, but it seems like it would be even scummier to tell you I would change it while leaving it right where it is!


    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    As this forum has a metagame of not lynching new players D1, they are safe to do wolfish stuff like odd posts or switching around votes. The other wolves could have explained they essentially have 'plot armor' this Day.
    So, following the courtesy of not voting for new players, not voting for her, at least D1.
    If it makes you feel more comfortable voting me, I can assure you that I'm not a new player. It's been a while, but I've played here a good few times before.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Yeah, this town ain't big enough for two of those!!
    Three, you forget Xi. Or to be more precise Xihirli?.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    I would never play like this as scum!

    p.s. Are we allowed to call the villains 'scum' here? I seem to recall someone having an issue with it once upon a time, but I'm going to find it hard not to do so given its ubiquity on the other sites I frequent.
    I think? I mean, wolves are quite clearly the bad guys, aside from the cruise game were the wolf killed almost no one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    If it makes you feel more comfortable voting me, I can assure you that I'm not a new player. It's been a while, but I've played here a good few times before.
    I debated earlier if the plot armor would apply. Quite obvious what I decided on.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Jellicle Ball is recruiting!


  29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I agree with the principle of multiple wagons for analysis, but Iíd like to know why you picked me instead of gac3, Mrs McGinty or Xihirli, all of whom also had one vote.
    I missed this question when responding earlier, so answering now.

    gac3: was the narrator last game, so wanted to keep him in the game at least one Day
    Mrs McGinty: thought she was a new player, and not starting a wagon on new players D1
    Xihirli: has been out the last couple games. Also, a D1 lynch on Xihirli probably gives little intel due to confusion-fu. (The same applies, but maybe not as much, to AvatarVecna as well.)

    And, since you were in the entire game last time, it seems 'fair' for a D1 lynch to apply semi-randomly to you. And I'll admit the same makes me a reasonable target.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    If it makes you feel more comfortable voting me, I can assure you that I'm not a new player. It's been a while, but I've played here a good few times before.
    I appreciate you mentioning that. Not changing my vote currently, but I'll see how the vote totals are tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-03-25 at 08:31 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Korprulu sector
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

    Whatís with all this darned noise while Iím mucking about in my rutabaga patch?

    You there,
    Logan1996, stop leaning on my fence! I just replaced those timbers last week.



    Rather vocal first day phase so far, but it needs more roleplay.

    I donít like any of the bandwagon logic thus far, so Iíll poke people who havenít posted yet until they post.
    Last edited by Libro; 2020-03-26 at 09:28 AM. Reason: struck through vote
    "Ye are who ye are on all o' yer days. All o' em. Includin' that worst an' tha best. Ev'ry single one counts. All tha way ta tha end."

    Spoiler: Extended signatures
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •