New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: IC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Xerros prods around in the pile where Kandor said he found his prized bolt pistol. He prods at the pile with his staff till he is about to give up, when there is a sudden rustle within the heap of rubbish. In an explosion of trash, a Ryder bursts out of the pile and bites the tech priest hard on the leg, it's teeth sinking into a rare area of remaining soft human flesh. With a hissing shriek, the thing lets go and darts off for to find cover in another pile of garbage. But when Xerros looks down, now laying on the rockrete strewn out with the newly exposed trash is a badly burned and partly gnawed human hand.

(OOC: Xerros just missed his TN, so I'm going to give him the success at the cost of the surprise bite, taking one wound.)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella snapped her head about to look up at the assortment of ventilation grates, her eyes narrowed into suspicious slits.

Her physical sight focused to the point she detected the presence of life - familiar life - Marcella reached out with her arm to pat the shoulder of whoever was closest.

Once she got their attention, she gestured up to the grate the being was hiding in and held up her thumb to indicate that there was one contact.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2020-07-18 at 12:07 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Arl didn't start when Marcella patted his shoulder, but brought the scoped rifle up to his eye and scanned the grate, looking for whomever was tailing the party.

Spoiler: OOC - Perception Role
    Show

(1d100)[87]
    Last edited by Wyndeward; 2020-07-22 at 09:11 AM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"The hunters become the hunted..." Luis mumbles to himself. "Or maybe not. Xerros, you find anythin?" he calls out as he cautiously puts his hand on his pistol.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[88] v. 29 awareness I guess[/roll]

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Neither Arl nor Luis could get any idea of what Marcella had been pointing at. Perhaps the psyker was a few cards short of a full tarot deck!

Harl crossed over to Xerros, who had just been bitten and says with a modicum of concern, "You okay sir?" He looks down at the burned hand and says with bright eyes, "I wonder if that came from the owner of this gun." He removes the finely crafted bolt pistol from his holster, the name "Mercutio" again legible on a bronze plaque across its side.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Letting out an binaric blurt of pain, Xerros-926 curses the Ryder as it makes its escape, distracted by the pain of his weak flesh enough to not look out like the rest of the group.

Nodding briefly to Kandor, Xerros picks up the hand and examines it, before holding it out to him.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Take it to Magos Petrovskii," Kandor said flatly, "Assuming that hand belonged to the owner of my bolt pistol, he may be able to help you track it's owner."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella stared, frustrated, her eyes narrowing into annoyed slits as she searched desperately for any physical sign of what she knew was there. Her eyes could be deceived - but her mind? No.

Sighing softly in resigned annoyance, she shook her head and holstered her pistol. When everyone else would move on she would not content the action, but she would keep her extra-sensory perceptions active.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"No sign of the assets," says Luis. "Best we kept moving, then."

10. - Top - End - #280

Goblin

Storing the hand somewhere beneath his robes, Xerros-926 dips his head briefly, his cowl hiding the disappointment he felt at their lack of success.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Harl Kandor shrugs at Luis' statement and says, "Well this is really it. This is where I think the deed went down, and this is where I found the bolt pistol. I can take you back if that's where you wanted to go, unless there's somewhere else you want to check out first." He raises an eyebrow at the group.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella turned and looked at the others, awaiting their decision. She knew where her strengths lay, and investigation was not among them. She'd defer to the judgement of the others in this matter.

13. - Top - End - #283

Goblin

Xerros-926 shook his head sombrely beneath his hood. There was nothing more that he could do - his skills did not lend themselves to rummaging through junk, as had been proven by his recent injury.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis sniffed at the air for a few moments. Death had visited this place, even before the new bodies were thrown in the rubble pile. They weren't any closer to their goal. Clan Tora had been extremely unhelpful. The next thing to do would be to visit clan Sabay, either in secret or openly. He sidled up to Harl, and threw a friendly arm around his shoulder. "I'm glad you've profited from our relationship so far. What sort of profit would you need to tell us about Clan Sabay? And what secret weapons they were wielding in this battle?"

15. - Top - End - #285

Beholder

Arl scanned the debris and rubble, looking for threats.

He worried to himself -- trying to play the two ends off against each other left them in the middle of the crossfire, potentially.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Harl gives Luis a wry grin, putting up both hands in mocking defensiveness. "I think I told you pretty much everything I know," he says earnestly, "The Sabay don't have any secret weaponry that I know of, but despite being the newer smaller gang in this part of the underhive, they seem to be much better equipped than their rivals. Sabay members often carry well crafted, almost military grade weapons. Las pistols and the like, things that are very hard to come by... unless you are damn good at scavenging." He nods to the finely made las pistol holstered in his belt, giving Luis a wink. Continuing, Harl adds, "But everyone knows about Boss Half Face's dealings with The Credit Guild; that's where I think most people assume all the high end arms are coming from... In fact, I think most people assumed your group was down here just to deal with Boss Half Face again."

As Harl is talking, Severine has taken off her helmet and is attending to the massive bleeding welt on her forehead, from where the bullet had struck her helmet.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287

Goblin

Xerros-926 briefly looks up from his ruminations.

"Interrogative: Why is he called 'Half-Face'? Elaboration: Augmetics, injury, et cetera?"

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The grin spreads on Harl Kandor's face and with a flourish he says, "They say half of his face was torn off by The Gutter Panther... and now that half is basically just scar tissue. You won't find many people down here with augmetics, pretty much no access to that in the underhive."

The rogue leads the acolytes out of the massive junk yard, and back through the frigid winding tunnels of the underhive. Though there is no sunlight, and no change in the brightness of the overhead glow lamps, the group can feel that it is late into the night by the time they return to Url's hab. The lights are off in the squat, inornate building, but after Harl leaves, the acolytes are greeted by Zeik as they enter, the young underhiver standing guard with his shotgun.

"You all finally came back," Zeik remarks with a grim look on his face. "Is not my business where yous was, but yous had other callers when you was gone. It was some of them Sabay Clan boys. Wanted to set up a meeting."

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    If the group wants to continue talking to Harl before meeting Zeik, we can continue with the conversation in Spoiler boxes. I figured it was time to move things along though.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis nods. "We have not found many leads in our wanderings. Shall we plunge into the ice bear's den, spear in hand?"

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella pursed her lips, considering the implications before she shrugged.

"If they know something we don't, it could get us the leads we need."

21. - Top - End - #291

Beholder

Arl set his rifle back in its bag and holstered the newly acquired stub revolver.

"Lord knows the Emperor hates a coward... but lets get some sleep and set the meet in the morning."
    Last edited by Wyndeward; 2020-08-10 at 08:09 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Zeik listens to this conversation with utter befuddlement, but knows better than to speak up or ask questions. He locks the door behind the acolytes, throwing bolt after bolt home, then bringing down heavy metal blinds on several of the windows.

The acolytes agree to head to sleep first, given how late the hour is, and how long of a day they have had. Severine makes sure to properly dress her head wound before going to sleep. Unfortunately, it is only a few hours later when the acolytes are awoken by someone pounding on the front door, and screaming for someone to open it or else. By the tone of his voice, and the guttural colorful curses he uses, those who are awake enough to process it would rightly guess that this is another ganger.

This time it is Url who comes to the door, cursing under his breath. Though there are dark circles under his eyes, the heavy set man comes alive, grabbing his shotgun and priming the first shell before walking to the entrance. He hollers across the door, asking the intruder to state their name.

"It's Zig with da Sabay," the voice replies haughtily, "I'm here to see da Coin Guilders. Boss Half Face has a bone to pick wit' em."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

The obnoxious racket woke Marcella from her precious sleep. One eye opening first, then the other, the Psyker squeezed her hands into balled fists at being disturbed and sat upright.

Putting some clothes on, Marcella grabbed her holster and pistol, swung her coat over her person and went and stood in such a way that she could peer around the door frame and use it as soft cover in case their visitors were less than friendly.

24. - Top - End - #294

Beholder

Arl opened his bleary eyes and listened to the noise, then pulled the Stub revolver from the beside table and lumbered out to see who had come a-calling.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"My guests," Url says flatly, "it appears you have a caller this mornin'. You's want me to let 'em in?"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

Goblin

The lenses covering Xerros-926's eyes flickered briefly, before awakening fully to their low green glow. Reaching for his lascarbine, he checked its charge, before heading for the doorway. Standing along one wall, lascarbine raised to give him a clear shot through the door should matters escalate, he called out:

"Query: Quantify 'bone to pick' - elaboration required."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Sure, let him in. He's a guest." Luis quickly belts on his armor and runs a thumb over his ax, and makes sure his flintlock is loaded. "An honored guest."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: Sorry for the delay in reply)

"Query: Quantify 'bone to pick' - elaboration required."
    There's a pause, and then with a generous helping of frustration the youth yells back, "Like, why you's creeps haven't come to see him yet!"

"Sure, let him in. He's a guest." Luis quickly belts on his armor and runs a thumb over his ax, and makes sure his flintlock is loaded. "An honored guest."
    Url looks from one acolyte to the next, a quizzical expression on his face, one eyebrow raised. "Very well," he says with a shrug, before he gets to work turning each bolt lock.

Finished with the process, he swings the door open, revealing a kid of maybe fifteen, his face covered with electoos, and a bullet casing shoved through one ear lobe. He gives the acolytes a once over, grinning at all the weapons trained on him and cracking wise says, "Jeez, you's all is jumpier than the last group of guilders."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis sighs. "We've been here less than a day, and we've been bitten by rats, attacked by Clan Tora and worst of all, unable to get a decent drink. If Boss Half Face has some better ale, we'll go chat with him most happily."

30. - Top - End - #300

Goblin

Lowering his lascarbine, Xerros-926 inclines his head to the side, as if in consideration of what the young ganger has said:

"Request: Elaboration is required. Specification: Last group of guilders?"