New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: IC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Luis's sudden bout of paranoia subsides. He pats Url on the shoulder and says, "Stay safe down here. It's a ryder eat ryder world. If Clan Tora bothers you again, tell them we'll be back with an offer once the 'underhive underwriters' have a look at his books and see what we need ta do to make the deal work. If the other credit guilders come back, send Marcella at the Credit Guild a message tellin' her, OK?" Luis drops a few thrones on a table. "It'll be worth it."

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Url raises an eyebrow before quickly pocketing the thrones. "Tanks," he says with a grin.

(OOC: Luis gives up 3 thrones and is down to 41.

Everyone moving out now or any last moves?)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As they head back, Luis says, "Lovely place. Not so civilized and decadent as the upper reaches. Where a man's strength and skill will fill his belly, or not at all. Perhaps we can return someday and see what else we can hunt."

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"I suspect that we will have to return there sooner rather than later," Sister Severine replies flatly, still nursing the bandages around her face, "We never actually found the Xenos weapons we were sent for."

The acolytes return to the hex with the railcar platform, where a group of familiar looking armored and armed Enforcers stand guard. As they near the platform, one of the Enforcers begins the task of checking the acolytes' forged credentials. Another, a strong an athletic appearing female remarks, "Next railcar won't be leaving for a few more hours, though you are welcome to board now if you want to wait." She smirks then adds, "You'll likely be the only passengers anyways."
    Show

5. - Top - End - #395
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    "I suspect that we will have to return there sooner rather than later," Sister Severine replies flatly, still nursing the bandages around her face, "We never actually found the Xenos weapons we were sent for."

The acolytes return to the hex with the railcar platform, where a group of familiar looking armored and armed Enforcers stand guard. As they near the platform, one of the Enforcers begins the task of checking the acolytes' forged credentials. Another, a strong an athletic appearing female remarks, "Next railcar won't be leaving for a few more hours, though you are welcome to board now if you want to wait." She smirks then adds, "You'll likely be the only passengers anyways."
    Arl waited until they were aboard the car and out of earshot of the enforcers.

"True, but we have a number of potential leads that I suspect will keep us busy top-side for at least a while."

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis doesn't enter the car. Instead, he pulls a coin from his pocket and starts idly flipping it. He directs his comments at the woman, and after a few pleasantries, says, "Yeah, damn shame about those other lads. The gold bosses been sending another crew down here to deal with the unders... but they done up and disappeared on us. You remember the last time some guilders came down this way? Do you know if they made the return trip or did they just... get eaten by the unders?"

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Couple of months ago," the woman replies with disinterest, "I'm pretty sure they made their return trip though." After a moment's thought she asks with increased investment, "Was a report filed by the guild? We would be happy to help get the Enforcers involved if they haven't been yet." From behind her black carapace helmet, Luis can see genuine interest in her eyes.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Might look into filing a report, I guess. You got a log, or summat, just to confirm they made it back here? Hate to send youse on a wild warp-goose chase down there if it turns out they did a runner up here. They done left us a huge mess, that's for sure."

9. - Top - End - #399
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Xerros-926 heads straight into the car. He says nothing, only nodding at what the others said. This had not gone well, and they would answer for it upon their return.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella followed her compatriots in silence, her mind wandering to what they'd tell the Inquisitor...or how they could salvage things. As far as she could tell, they'd simply run out of leads...at least followable leads. Their team had gotten down here too late to pursue leads that they could follow, as none of them in particular seemed to be the sociable wheeling and dealing type.

When offered the choice of lounging around somewhere for three hours or being on the train, Marcella followed Xerros....though she stayed close enough to watch and eavesdrop on Luis and his interaction with the clerk.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The officer shrugs and replies, "We keep a record of the ride stubs brought in every day, but the record is kept up at the station. If you want I can give you the name of the officer in the station who keeps track of that. The name's Enforcer Endorson, you can tell him I sent you; Officer Golt."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Awright. We'll check it out. And if we haveta get a raid down under to find the missin' guilders we'll let ya know so you can get in on the action." Since they don't have any records here, Luis keeps chatting with the guards about the underhive. "Man, what a mess down there. The gangers are goin' to war soon. Hope the bosses are backing the right sled grox. Cause we'll all lose our Emperormas bonuses if we do." He keeps gossiping about the gangers, hoping to see if the guards have any interesting info about what they've heard, until it's time for the transport to leave.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: Wanna give me a charm or inquiry roll, if he's sticking around to try to dig up more dirt?)
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

(OOC: I have neither of those skills and my Fel is 19... so uh... (1d100)[15])

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Enderson and the other Enforcers stand around uncomfortably, nodding but not giving anything as Luis tries to drum up small talk. Claw Tooth is able to gather littler further useful information, other than the reminder that the third gang, The Raptores had been "too quiet" of late, and were likely getting up to no good.

(OOC: Anyone else want to try, or shall we move on?)
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The acolytes file into resting the train car. The space is filthy; graffiti and tags line the hard plastic seats, and a puddle of oily coolant has collected in the middle of the car from run off that has trickled down the walls from the ceiling vents. Harsh halogen lights flicker and cast a bluish yellow tint to the car.

Just before the acolytes can sit down though, a beautiful young woman flickers into existence. She is seated at the far end of the car, a metallic chameleon cloak slung over her shoulders. Her cunning green eyes are fixed on the acolytes, and she raises a gloved finger to her mouth as if signaling the acolytes to not make too much noise. Her light brown hair is cut short, and a mess of scar tissue bisects her right eyebrow. She holds a guardsman's las pistol, cradling it in her lap at the ready, though not pointed at the acolytes. "We need to talk," she says just above a husky whisper, a grin playing across her face.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

It was a rare thing that someone could sneak up on Marcella, given her minds ability to wander and perceive regardless of how stealthy one believed themselves to be.

Thus, when someone simply materialised out of nowhere at the end of the train car, the Psykers eyes widened a little as her head snapped about in the newcomers direction, the urge to grab her pistol halted by the ease with which this woman presented herself.

Shifting her eyes to look at her companions and then back at the cloaker, Marcella narrowed her eyes suspiciously and rested her hand on her laspistol, unbuttoning the holster surreptitiously.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: Banana, would you give me a Psyscience roll for Marcella)
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409

Goblin

As the woman flickers into existence, Xerros-926 snaps his head up and around to look at her.

"Request: Elaborate."

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The girl's eyes go wide when Xerros speaks up, and she says to herself, "My god, the servator speaks so eloquently." She composes herself, then eyes the group as if to assess if they have the same question. Finally in reply she says, "You're here for the... for the xenos tech, aren't you?" She says "Xenos Tech" as if the words are painful to speak, spitting them out as if they turned sour in her mouth.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    The girl's eyes go wide when Xerros speaks up, and she says to herself, "My god, the servator speaks so eloquently." She composes herself, then eyes the group as if to assess if they have the same question. Finally in reply she says, "You're here for the... for the xenos tech, aren't you?" She says "Xenos Tech" as if the words are painful to speak, spitting them out as if they turned sour in her mouth.
    Arl's eyes widened. "Yes, we're here about the xenos tech."

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis laughs and slaps Arl on the back. "My friend, I was once like you, eager to spill the Credit Guilds secrets to the first pair of pretty eyes that asked so sweetly. But then I learned about something they call 'need to know'. Now, miss, if you truly need to know, can you show us your bona fides? Otherwise we will need to make sure you can keep a secret..."

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The woman's expression is optimistic when she hears Arl reply, but an animalistic snarl replaces her smile when Louis speaks up. "Bona fides," she asks with a mirthful chuckle, "your in the underhive, not some Administratum office! My only bona fides is this las pistol here, but I don't think you want me to prove myself with it right now." She makes no move for the gun, remaining calm despite her being outnumbered. Instead, here eyes narrow and she says, "The real question is if you lot are really credit guilders. You sure don't seem to be acting like it; and I imagine if you really did represent the guild, you would have been there to punish Boss Half Face for not having the weapons." A knowing grin spreads across her face.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Actually, I think the question is 'what do you know about this... contraband... and what are you willing to tell us about it?' The credit guild is like one of the ice floes... you only see the top, but the hidden depths are where the action is at. Not everyone supports this rogue lending team... and if you can help us resolve the matter quietly, well, the Credit Guild can be very grateful."

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The girl's smile remains, but her eyes suddenly become like two hard ice cold jewels. "I think if anything," she says measuring each word carefully, "I would like to have more of a reason to trust you." Her eyes from Luis to the other members of the party, inviting someone to step forward.

(OOC: Someone wanna give me a Charm or similar roll at +10?)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-11-04 at 09:52 AM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella listened to the talk between her compatriots and the stranger, her eyes narrowed into suspicious slits.

"You're the one who has been following us for the past few days," Marcella flat out stated during a lull in the conversation.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Marcella's question draws a rueful knowing smile gangster sitting at the back of the train car. "And you must be a witch," she says, the last word spoken as if it tasted like acid. She raises a knowing eyebrow at Marcella.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I heard a joke the other day. A witch, a tech-priest, a feral and an assassin walk into a bar. You know the rest? Why don't you tell us yer piece. Or not. It makes no difference." With that, he puts his feet up on the seat across from him, pushes the trash off of it with his feet, deliberately turns away from the woman and slides his cap over his eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[32] v. 29
    Last edited by dojango; 2020-11-05 at 03:10 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella returned the womans glare.

"Or just perceptive and putting two and two together...."

30. - Top - End - #420

Goblin

"Caution: Tread carefully. Elaboration: While I may not be a servitor, it would not take much to make you one, you little 01110011 01100011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110011 01101000 01110101 01101110 01110100."

His final word comes out as a harsh blur of binaric code.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Attempt at Charm: (1d100)[4] TN 25? (Fel 29/2 (Untrained) +10)
    Last edited by Morovir; 2020-11-06 at 11:57 AM.