New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: IC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Xerros' binary is cut of by the woman, who rises, leaving her pistol on the seat beside her. "My sincere apologies," she says, her eyes wide and with an embarrassed expression on her face. She gives a small bow to Xerros and fumbles in saying, "You, you're a Martian, aren't you? By the throne I've only heard bedtime stories about the Magoses from Mars." When she rises from her bow, Xerros can see a look of wonder on the woman's face as she studies him.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Xerros-926 bristles inwardly at the assumption of Martian heritage - just because one was a member of the Priesthood did not make one Martian any more than being an Imperial made them Terran - but decides against correcting her, given that rapport had only just been established.

"Affirmation: Yes, I am a Martian magos. Request: Any information you could give us on xenotech would be greatly appreciated."

He resists the temptation to ask about the girl's cloaking device. If all went well, he would have plenty of time to ask about it later.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The grin remains on the woman gangster's face, but her eyes harden and her words are laced with guarded suspicion. "I'm sorry Magos, but I don't know how well I can trust you and your friends. Let's just say that despite what anyone may say, the weapons... if that's what they are, never got to Boss Half Face, and were never recovered by Clan Tora either," she says to Xerros. Then she turns her attention to the entire group and says, "I apologize, but my suspicion is that there is more to you all than you are letting on. I think you can help us, but I need to know We can trust you."
    Show

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"If you can't trust a priest, who can you trust?" asks Luis from under his hat. "It is good that these weapons were not recovered by the underhive gangs. It would be best for everyone if they were never recovered."

5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    The grin remains on the woman gangster's face, but her eyes harden and her words are laced with guarded suspicion. "I'm sorry Magos, but I don't know how well I can trust you and your friends. Let's just say that despite what anyone may say, the weapons... if that's what they are, never got to Boss Half Face, and were never recovered by Clan Tora either," she says to Xerros. Then she turns her attention to the entire group and says, "I apologize, but my suspicion is that there is more to you all than you are letting on. I think you can help us, but I need to know We can trust you."
    Arl makes a look of distaste.

"If we're going to play riddles, I have to ask you, "who's "We?""

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The woman's gaze moves from Luis to Arl, hardening as she replies, " Clan Raptore," with an air of pride and defiance. She then turns back to Luis and says, "It's not so simple..." her voice trailing off as she clearly stifles herself from saying more.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"And you think those weapons will bring your clan victory? They will bring you only death. If word gets out that underhivers are usin' them, then this whole place is gettin' purged. Which is bad for business and bad for our bottom line." After a few moments, he adds, "Suppose it might be bad for your lot, too, what with the indiscriminate destruction and all."
    Last edited by dojango; 2020-11-11 at 11:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"You have it very wrong," the girl says, her reply somewhere between a growl and a spit. If she were a feral animal, Luis could imagine her fur standing up on end, fangs bared.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

"He's quite right," Marcella chimes in, her voice diplomatic and calm.

"Those weapons have consequences beyond their immediate use within this hive. Their...omission from Imperial authorities is not looked upon kindly by those who do not like to take chances, and have the power to tie up loose ends..."
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The woman's attention turns to Marcella, tempered fury rising in her voice. "We know. My sister Ria even dared try to bring it to the attention of the Arbites... little good that did."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis merely said, "You see? The weapons are dangerous to everyone. Not just their victims or their users, but anyone that comes in contact with them. The Imperial authorities want to... remove... the very thought of these weapons... and so for everybody's sake, we need to erase Boss Half-Face's mistake before it brings the underhive crashing down around your heads. Besides, the Credit Guild has access to far more powerful and safer weapons than those xeno-tricks." He pulls a throne out and starts flipping it. "If your Clan wants to co-operate with us to help everyone out, they could be rewarded..."

12. - Top - End - #432

Goblin

Turning back to the girl and her intriguing cloaking device, Xerros-926 speaks up:

"Addendum: If my colleagues within the Adeptus Mechanicus have to take an active role in this, I can guarantee that it will be worse than anything the Credit Guild can do."

He leans in, eyes glowing.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The woman takes a step back towards her seat, cold concern in her eyes. She snatches up her gun but does not lift it. "You're not Guilders, are you," she growls, "Who are you all, really? Tell the truth!"

(OOC: If you're gonna lie, you are gonna need to roll Deceive +20, or Blather or Charm with no bonus)
    Show

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"What have you done, what have you given us, that we should reward you with such a prize as the truth? Tell us what you know about the weapons, and if you want truth as your reward, you shall have it. Or money, if you prefer that to the truth. It is much more valuable, honestly."

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[27]

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: That looks like a failure to me, though correct me if I'm wrong. Luis Fel is 19 and he's unskilled in any of the possible skills discussed)

The woman's gaze remains cold, unaffected. "Clearly, you have it backwards. It looks like I have information that you want. I'm not going to pretend that we don't need help, but so far you have given me no reason to trust you," she says as a grin spreads across her unrouged lips. With that she steps forward, beginning to walk back through the car towards one of the doors.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

"We both have secrets to protect," Marcella interjected.

"You have been following us for days now: you're fully aware our only interest is in the retrieval of the xenos tech, and nothing more. We are not here to fill body bags nor set the Arbites on anyones clan."

Marcella allowed a pregnant pause to linger in the air, before she gestured to her compatriots.

"We have not made any physical attempt to apprehend you, despite the overt odds being in our favour. You're right, we're not with the Credit Guild, but these," she drew the collar of her Credit Guild coat forward, then motioned to the outfits the rest of her group was wearing, "and the assistance granted to us by the local authorities is indicative that we are operating on behalf of very influential individuals who hold this planets future in their hands. Individuals who will go to any lengths to keep their secrets a secret. So our apprehension at talking about who they are is for both our sakes."

Another short pause.

"So, I'd say, that we all need to go somewhere, together, and exchange information that will facilitate getting that xenos tech off planet. I was born in Sevastapol," Marcella pointed upwards in a general motion towards one of the munition starbases orbiting the planet, "and I'd rather not watch my home planet have to choose between a company of Adepta Sororitas on a search and destroy mission, or an exterminatus, because you walked out that door."
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2020-11-15 at 07:31 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The woman eyes Marcella, seeming to be thinking over what the woman has said.

(OOC: I'll give you an extra +20 on your roll for the good argument, but I still need a roll)
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The woman takes a deep sigh, and then finally says, "Very well. I guess one of us has to step forward and show some trust." She grits her teeth and swallows hard, her eyes focused on Marcella. "Boss Half Face and the Sabay had some sort of a meeting with a wealthy stranger. He was maybe an uphiver, but he and his lackies were dressed and spoke so strangely, they may have been from off world. The man was delivering these... xenos weapons to Half Face," she says, speaking flatly as if recalling from memory. "But the deal was interrupted by an assault from The Tora. I don't know if they were hoping to steal the weapons, or stop the trade, or what. The offworlder and his soldiers were all killed. I and a few of other Raptore scouts were able to sneak in during the fight and steal the weapons while the Sabay and Tora were busy killing each other. I think Half Face and Ezruth still believe the other has the weapons." She pauses for a moment before adding reluctantly, "My name is Sola, by the way."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis sits up. "See, that wasn't so hard! You know that the Sky-Father, he who guides men through the great storm, the Ice-Breaker who fights the eternal winters... you know that he doesn't like his children messin' with xeno stuff. I was once like you, gettin' in trouble messing with stuff that I shouldn't, and the Sky Father led me to a man who helped me learn the error of my ways. That man is very wealthy, and very powerful, and when he heard that people were messin' with xeno stuff down here, he asked us to go and put a stop to it. So. Here we are. You stole those weapons fair and square, but if you try and use them, the men of Mars aren't going to be happy. And when they ain't happy, well, they make sure nobody else is happy. So the question is, what are you gonna do with the stuff you got? We can take them off your hands, dispose of them proper-like, and in reward..." he shrugs. "What would you like in return?"

20. - Top - End - #440

Beholder

Arl smiled as the girl gave her name.

"That took guts, to raid your enemies in the middle of a fire-fight."

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sola seems mostly nonplused by Luis' attempt at kind words or guidance, but gives a curt smile to Arl for his compliment. In reply to Luis' question, she replies coldly as she finishes her walk to the train door, "How about you start by telling me who you really are, since it's not so hard." She raises a challenging eyebrow at Luis, standing in the door frame of the train car.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

He bows. "Luis Crow-Tooth, at your service, and your clan's. We are in service of a man named Finial. I know not what clan he hails from, but I am not sure it matters any more."
    Last edited by dojango; 2020-11-22 at 05:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sola looks from Luis to the others, seeking both confirmation and perhaps further clarification.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444

Goblin

Xerros-926 bows, making the sign of the Cog across his chest.

"Introductory: Xerros-926, tech-priest of Lathe-Het, assigned Martian representative. Confirmation: Everything that I have said has been the truth."

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella waited until her fellows had finished speaking before introducing herself.

"I am M," she said, not comfortable giving her name, "and yes, I am a member of the Scholastica Psykana."

26. - Top - End - #446

Beholder

"And I am Arl"

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sola listens as each acolyte introduces themselves, her interest growing as each member speaks up. When everyone is done she nods her head and says, "Nice to meet you all... I suppose. But you still haven't answered my question. You clearly are... well more than just members of the Credit Guild. I don't think I've ever seen a Martian or a witch down here working for the Guild. So, now that we are being open, who are you really?"

(OOC: Going to need a deception roll if you are going to lie here)
    Show

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella pursed her lips in consideration of how to answer the question. She didn't want to lie, but by the same time, she didn't want to tell the truth either.

"We're not with the arbites, or the credit guild, or any planetary authority," she answered, "that means our...directors are off-planet. That gives you an idea of their reach. We don't wish to reveal who they are exactly, for your own sake, as they will have no qualms about...tying up loose ends."

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is no sense of recognition in the woman's hard face, but at he same time she does not seem suspicious of what Marcella has said. She simply nods her head and with a growl says, "Very well then. I probably don't even want to know." She shrugs, now standing by the train door.

From outside the acolytes can hear the call of the local officers, "Hey, what are you doing there? No underhivers are permitted on the train!"

She grins at the acolytes and says cooley, "So, what do we do now?"
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-12-01 at 10:12 AM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella stood as the train came to a halt, her feet and muscles keeping her steady as they were all decelerated.

Seeing the alarm in the visages of the guards, Marcella held her hand up gently to halt any advance they might pursue in the potential apprehension of their new "ally".

"It's alright," she said, voice calm and smooth, "she's with us. She has information that is essential to our work. Thank you officers."

Approaching the new-coming and standing next to her, Marcella's eyes remained on the arbites in a gentle and diplomatic sort of way.

"We talk," she answers the woman.