New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: IC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Arl took up a position where he could unobtrusively observe Milo and Marcella, doing his best to blend in with the scenery.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Well, Luis? Since this was your plan, shall the rest of us see about using the secret entrance Guilder Jen wrote about?" Hound mutters to Luis.

OOC: I've been working on the assumption this whole time that the secret entrance is an entrance into Drimmle's abode. Bennosuke, please correct me if I've misunderstood.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella didn't see anything wrong with accompanying Milo. Indeed, he wouldn't need to convince her much to remain quiet - it was her natural state of affairs!

Plus she was easy on the eyes, so having a lady of such along with him would help put others at ease and grant him further legitimacy.

Silent and semi-observant as always, Marcella stood just behind Milo's right shoulder.

ooc:

Marcella is using her Sense Presence power: (1D10+5)[13]

She can sense all life forms and their locations out to 60 meters, I believe.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-05-11 at 07:45 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Sounds good. We only need Sir Drimmle alive, right?"

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Yes, but if we leave a trail of bodies, that's going to increase the chances of the wrong people taking an interest in what we're doing. So lets try to avoid a shootout, eh?" Hound replies.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Father Milo takes hold of a bronze ring knocker, held forth from the mouth of a leering skull, and bangs against the door several times. Almost immediately there is the electric hum of electronics and the tick-clicking of clockwork machinery. A green camera lens protrudes from the left eye of the skull, and moves back and forth of near soundless servos to study Milo and Marcella. From a speaker located in the skull's right eye, a robotic voice says, "This is a private residence. Please state your purpose."

Marcella picks up on the presence of 2-3 people. However, she gets the sense that her psychic awareness is not reaching far enough into the domicile.

Leaving Milo and Marcella at the door, the other begin to trek around the side of the property, using the blueprints that Hound had gathered to guide them. The side of Drimmle's manse is equally lavishly decorated, all white marble columns and cream brick, papered with a climbing ivy of some local fauna. The four fingered leaves of the ivy range from a burned orange to a bright yellow, to a fiery red. Upon a little bit of investigation, it becomes clear that the a particularly thick patch of the ivy is hiding a rather surreptitious secret entrance. Buried under the leaves is a small electronic security pad, that could perhaps be cracked if someone had the right skill.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

7. - Top - End - #877
    Troll in the Playground

"i'm looking to collect donations for the dread pox which has currently infected several manfactorums in the mid-hive. every throne helps" milo says, starting a spiel which comes naturally to him as he is used to this stuff. "if we may speak to the master of the house, that would be very helpful"

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Leaving Milo and Marcella at the door, the other begin to trek around the side of the property, using the blueprints that Hound had gathered to guide them. The side of Drimmle's manse is equally lavishly decorated, all white marble columns and cream brick, papered with a climbing ivy of some local fauna. The four fingered leaves of the ivy range from a burned orange to a bright yellow, to a fiery red. Upon a little bit of investigation, it becomes clear that the a particularly thick patch of the ivy is hiding a rather surreptitious secret entrance. Buried under the leaves is a small electronic security pad, that could perhaps be cracked if someone had the right skill.
    OOC: Or someone could try a passcode. See the last sentence of the second paragraph.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    OOC: Or someone could try a passcode. See the last sentence of the second paragraph.
    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    My bad. You should be good to go. I made that post during a layover in Munich, after 20 hours of stressful travel and very little sleep.

Hound types in the passcode he had previously recovered, and is pleased to hear a click of a bolt sliding back, followed by a whirring of gears as the door opens in to a darkened tunnel. According to their blueprints, this passage should lead to room on the first floor that was likely some form of private study.

If the acolytes follow the tunnel, they find themselves stopped at a door with no lock. However, on the other side of the door they can hear a man speaking, and Father Milo's reply from a distorted and electronic sounding speaker.

"i'm looking to collect donations for the dread pox which has currently infected several manfactorums in the mid-hive. every throne helps" milo says, starting a spiel which comes naturally to him as he is used to this stuff. "if we may speak to the master of the house, that would be very helpful"
    The man listens intently, but when Milo pauses, he quickly speaks up. "Wait a second father. Is... is that a Credit Guilder with you?" the speaker asks, irritation coloring his distorted voice.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #880
    Troll in the Playground

"she's my registered banker. holds all my donations. hell, my money has to go somewhere" milo says coolly. "i hope i wont have to tell the folks down below that sir drimmle is stingy?" he waits for a response
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-05-17 at 05:47 PM.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella remains quiet. At the footmans suspicious question and Milo's explanation she offers a pleasant smile and friendly, slow nod of her head.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"He's distracted," Hound whispers to Luis. "Should we rush him now?"

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The reply to Father Milo comes back coldly, obstinately. "Do you know who's door you stand at, sir?" the voice asks harshly over the speaker.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Aye, let's take him down quiet-like. Quieter than the last one, at least." Luis rubs the edge of his axe and waits for the Hound to enter in the passcode, as the mysteries of tech are beyond him.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Troll in the Playground

"why don't you tell me?" milo replies icily, and awaits an answer

16. - Top - End - #886
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

It didn't take a psyker to detect the rapidly escalating tension within the air. Breaking her silence, Marions pleasant looks were fostered by the reassuring smile on her face.

"Gentlemen, please" she spoke with her soft and gentle voice, "our priority is the well-being of those afflicted by a pox - a terrible disease to both suffer from and behold in others...."

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is the sound of a gears turning within the skull, and speaker seems to pick up in volume. "And you would be?" the voice pauses, just long enough to make clear the speaker's agitation. But before Marcella can reply, the voice says, "Let me be clear; this is the private manse of Sir Pennifry Drimmle. You are speaking to the lord of the house! I am a Super Nova level member of the Credit Guild itself! YOU come panhandling to YOUR superior for charity?"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella blinked somewhat surprised. This had to be the most hostile and spiteful charity collection she'd ever witnessed.

"Sir, I am an assistant for the collection and retention of provided charitable funds..."

It wasn't a lie.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"This door unlocked when we entered the passcode outside. Cover your face and let's be off," Hound whispers. Reaching into his robe, he pulls out a neckcloth and ties it around the lower half of his face, then pulls up the hood on his robe. Finally, he draws his revolver and indicates to Luis that he's ready to go.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis nods and pulls his cloak around his face as well. "Open the door for the others," he says, and then with axe in hand, he opens the door and charges at Sir Drimmle, shoulder first, trying to check him to the ground so he can be secured.

Spoiler
    Show
    half action move, half action knockdown, so opposed strength test, (1d100)[25] v. 57

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hound surges in behind Luis, sweeping the room with his revolver in case Drimmle has guards with him. As soon as he can tell the room is clear, he looks around for a switch or control panel that would open the front door.

22. - Top - End - #892

Beholder

Arl clears the doorway, his Stub revolver up and his eyes scanning for a hostile target.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As the three burst into the room, they find a single man seated at a control panel. He has a pencil thin grey mustache, and a gaunt face. His eyes a such a pale blue that they almost blend into the whites, and his eyes go wide as his face twists with rage and surprise at the intrusion. In one hand holds a microphone, attached to his security console, and in the other he is holding a stub revolver, but by the muzzle. Sir Drimmle is dressed in fine orange robes of silk and wool, with several heavy looking golden chains slung over his neck and shoulders. He rises from his seat as the three crash into the room, quickly dropping the microphone and passing the stub revolver over to his right hand in a steady grip.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Seeing no one else in the room, Hound brings his revolver to bear on Sir Drimmle and shouts: "Drop your gun!"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half Action: Delay and make a standard attack if Drimmle tries to shoot anyone or looks like he's going for an alarm.
    Half Action: Standard attack (1d100)[6] vs. BS 39 (+10 if at short range (=less than 15m), +30 if at point blank range)
    Damage (1d10+3)[5], Pen 0

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Luis charges into the room first, and cuts around the table to shoulder check Sir Drimmle as he begins to rise from his chair. "What are you..." he begins to ask with equal parts surprise and outrage, before Luis' impact cuts him off and knocks him clear off of his feet, landing hard on his back. The blow is so hard that Drimmle's weapon goes flying, bouncing off of one of the nearby walls before clattering to the ground; thankfully without discharging.

(OOC: Luis gets multiple successes, and Drimmle had one of the worst rolls imaginable. Since Luis' SB is 4 he does 0 damage, but does 1 level of fatigue. Since the roll was so successful, I'll count it as a disarm as well. Now technically, since Hound is waiting for Drimmle at the end of the initiative que to move, it is Arl's turn. Can I get input from Rax and Dojango as to how long you want to wait before resolving Arl's turn for Wynde, who I haven't heard from and hasn't logged in since 5/23?)

Marcella blinked somewhat surprised. This had to be the most hostile and spiteful charity collection she'd ever witnessed.

"Sir, I am an assistant for the collection and retention of provided charitable funds..."

It wasn't a lie.
    There is a long pause without any reply from the voice on the other end of the speaker. Then all of a sudden, there is a click and distantly Marcella and Drimmle hear the man say, "What are you..." before the line cuts again.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #896

Beholder

Arl quickly takes up a position between Sir Drimmle and his stub pistol, his eyes looking down the hall for any guards that might have been attracted to the commotion.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Arl is able to take position between Drimmle and his weapon before the man is able to get his wits about him and start moving.

Spoiler: OOC@All:
    Show
    @Wyndeward: Okay, so Alr would still have a half action if you wanted to use it. I rolled initiative for Arl after not hearing from you for a bit. For what it is worth, my roll was better than yours. I'm happy to let you keep my roll if you prefer.

I'll let Dojango RP out what he says before replying, but I'd say this situation should get a +20-30 modifier since Drimmle is so royally screwed, so I'll be counting his intimidation roll a success. Luis is down to 1/2 FP

@Rax: It looks like Hound will likely not need that attack roll as you pointed out. Since your roll was so solid, I'll let you apply that roll to another purpose, such as your suggested finding a way to open up the door. Up to you if there is another way you want to use it.

Show

28. - Top - End - #898

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndeward View Post
    Arl quickly takes up a position between Sir Drimmle and his stub pistol, his eyes looking down the hall for any guards that might have been attracted to the commotion.
    Arl will maintain an overwatch in the hall, in the event that Sir Drimmle does something suicidally stupid or guards hove into view.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis quickly pulls his knife out and drops down to where Sir Drimmle is and says, "Boss said to bring you in. Didn't say anything about you havin' all yer fingers though. You gonna do anything stupid like shoutin?"

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Seeing that the situation is under control, Hound lets Luis and Arl deal with Drimmle while he looks for a way to let in Marcella and the priest.

OOC: I'll use the roll to open the front door.