New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: IC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Down the hall, the servitor's footsteps grow closer. It has almost rounded the corner.

(OOC: No need to state the safety is off. However, either try to hide and roll appropriately, or roll initiative for when the servitor rounds the corner please... unless there is something else you wish to do, in which case please state it.)

Drimmle says nothing as the gag is returned, but he does flash Luis a threatening stare.

(OOC: Feel free to move things forward)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #932
    Troll in the Playground

rolling initiative

(1d10+3)[6]

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella waited, her body pinned up against the wall. She could hear the mechanical Thud! Thud! Thud! repetition of the lumbering servitor as it drew closer.

Inhaling, Marcella focused her mind and used the time she had...

ooc:

Before the thing rounds the corner, Marcella is casting 2 Psychic powers:

Distort Vision: (1D10+5)[15]

Chameleon: (1D10+5)[15]

Initiative: (1D10+3)[5]
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #934
    Troll in the Playground

milo takes a deep breath and exhales, hands steady on the trigger. he counts the steps until it turns the corner and you hear the muffled cough of the silenced orthlack as it fires six shots

[rolll]1d100[/roll]

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    full-auto burst on the servitor

5. - Top - End - #935
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rounding the corner, the much anticipated servitor appears down a bend in the hallway, about 15 meters away. It is a tall and sleek thing, more mechanical sculpture than flesh-monstrosity. Standing at just over two meters tall, it is of humanoid build, a carapace of shifting black and gold metal plates. It's legs, which make up the majority of its length are long and slender, but bent backwards like a deer's, and also end in cloven hooves of ivory. A polished human skull laced with tubes and wires protrudes from the chestplate, where a human neck would normally sit, and its two arms end in three fingered pincers. A second pair of appendages are sprouted from behind it's back, tubular metal tentacles, each with what appears to be a laspistol augmentation, raised overhead like the tail of a scorpion ready to sting.

The thing takes no notice of Marcella, turning its two weapon arms towards the Father, with no guard against the Psyker's readied attack.

(OOC: Okay, now Marcella can make the first move).
    Show

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marion was basically invisible to the eye when the...thing rounded the corner.

Marion had always hated Servitors. Not on a personal level, but what they represented. The merging of man and machine...just something inhumane about it that creeped her out.

Gripping her laspistol in her right hand, Marion reached forward with her mind into the remaining flesh of the Servitor...

ooc:

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"When our comrades return, we're going to have a nice, long chat, and if you want to make it through this night alive, or at least in one piece, you will answer our questions swiftly and honestly," Hound informs Drimmle dispassionately as he runs his thumb along the edge of his dagger.

"As for who you are, you are Sir Pennifry Drimmle, Super Nova of the Service Branch of the Credit Guild. You handle the account of House Durchess. You have twice been investigated by the Guild for improprieties, including one occasion of transferring funds for House Durchess to the off-world encrypted account of an unknown personage. At present, you and your team are serving as go-betweens for Lord Durchess and an Underhive gang calling themselves Clan Sabay. You have provided funds to Clan Sabay so that they could purchase smuggled xenos artifacts for Lord Durchess. That makes you a heretic and a traitor, as well as a liability for the Guild and House Durchess, wouldn't you agree?" Hound asks innocently.

Fishing the Inquisitorial rosette from his robes, he hangs it round his neck in plain view of Drimmle. "You see, your guilt is already established. All that remains is for us to pass judgement and execute your sentence. However, you do still have some influence over your fate - cooperate fully with our investigation, and you may have a measure of mercy," he finishes with a hard stare at the bound man.

OOC: Hound isn't removing Drimmle's gag just yet. The idea here is to soften him up for the interrogation by showing him just how bad his situation is while giving him the impression that there's still room to negotiate.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Marcella reaches out with her mind, flexing her ability to touch and use the Warp.

Completely unaware of the Psyker's presence and with its focus on Father Milo, the servitor's body suddenly seizes up. There is the sound of metal plates suddenly colliding as its arms, legs and ballistic mechandrites all suddenly flex. The servitor's legs collapse out from under it as Marcella bares down with her will, and it shudders and crumples into the fetal position.

But something snaps as Marcella pushes her psychic abilities. The world goes suddenly silent, a white noise drowning out what should the very audible seizure of the servitor. The walls of the hallways seem to bow outward, taking strange angles, the marble surfaces melting and bubbling. Then the silence is broken by the sound of a thousand demons laughing, and the room becomes filled with a thousand staring red eyes, and a thousand blasphemes. Thank The Emperor the phenomenon lasts for only a split second, for the hallucination is filled with horrors that the human mind simply should not comprehend.

Fortunately, neither Marcella nor Milo's faith is shaken, and are ready for the servitor as it struggles to its hooved feet. One of its ballistic mechandrites reaches forward and aims a shot at Marcella, but thanks to her psychic shielding the beam goes well wide.

Drimmle's eyes remain defiant till Hound retrieves the Inquisitorial Rosette and flashes it before his face. All the color drains from his cheeks, and Ser Drimmle takes several stumbling steps back as if in shock. There is a low moaning noise caught in the man's throat, and muffled by his gag.

Then something strange, sudden and terrible happens. Just as in the hallways down the way, the world goes suddenly silent, a white noise drowning out any attempted further speech. The walls of the room seem to twist and shudder, taking strange and impossible angles. Then the silence is broken by the sound of a thousand demons laughing, and the room becomes filled with a thousand staring red eyes, and a thousand blasphemes. Thank The Emperor the phenomenon lasts for only a split second, for the hallucination is filled with horrors that the human mind simply should not comprehend.

(OOC: Everyone here needs to roll WP or take 3 insanity points. You have Marcella to thank for this... a perimeter of 96 meters might be enough to effect the neighbors! )
    Show

9. - Top - End - #939
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As reality twists around them Luis's eyes go wide and he lets out a barbaric war-cry and starts flailing his axe around at the walls of the room, even after things return to... normal? The way things have always been? Hard to say. He puts down his axe and gasps for breath. "This place is not safe. We should cleanse it with fire and be on our way."

10. - Top - End - #940
    Troll in the Playground

father milo exhales and fires six shots. the orthlack coughs as the man-stopper rounds shoot towards the servitor

(1d100)[85] tn 44

my dice clearly hate me! or lord tzeentch has spat upon them
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-07-11 at 12:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Arl grimaces and stumbles for a moment as visions of heresy and horror flash before his eyes, only to be started out of it by the resounding report of Milo's Orthlack!

Hearing Luis' suggestion, Arl grimaces. "This is a unclean place. Let it burn."

With that, he begins running toward the sound of gunfire.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Milo brings his pistol to bare, squeezing the trigger with all his might. Perhaps shaken by the psychic affront, the Father's shots go wide, tearing chunks out of the beautifully decorated wall, and even bringing down a framed painting of some beautiful scenic field, in a flutter of shredded canvas and cracked wood frame.

(OOC: Now it will be Marcella's turn. Again, my bad)

Arl charges out of the room, and down the hallway. Within moments he finds himself on the other side of the Servitor.

(OOC: Please roll Initiative. Arl, and anyone else who wants to join him, will be joining in the upcoming round, after Marcella's turn as she is the last to act in this round of combat)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2022-07-14 at 07:05 PM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marion blinked away the mental refuse of the Warp that threatened to spill out into the material realm. As a trained psychic, for her the experience was less traumatic than others, jaded as she was to mental 'misfires' so to speak.

Nonetheless, she blinked and shook her head, before parting her eyes once more. Watching Milo's shot go wild, she decided she had to help herself, as she withdrew her laspistol side arm and took aim while reaching forward once again with her mind.

ooc:

Half Action: Psychic Power: Spasm: (1D10+5)[7] tn 7, so got a 12 (I think, I don't know if it's counting the +5 anymore, it didn't for the last roll post). That's -10 to the Willpower save of the Servitor.

Half Action: Shoot her laspistol at the servitor: (1d100)[66] vs 48. Damage: (1D10+2)[11]
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-07-15 at 03:55 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

14. - Top - End - #944
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Marcella reaches out with her mind, attempting to push the Servitor into a series of spasms again. There is an audible and noisy grinding of gears as the Servitor appears to resist, but it does not go down. Marcella's shot from the las pistol also goes wide, the high pitched hiss of the weapon's discharge echoing in the hallway.

(OOC: Please note that drawing a weapon would be a half action, but I'm going to assume Marcella would have drawn her weapon already... in response to Banana's recent IC post where Marcella is described as drawing her pistol.

Also @Banana: I see what you mean with the addition function of the roller. It is unclear to me since your recent rolls 7/2 were all clearly effective. This may mean some of your other rolls, including that 9 on the Psychic roll could have been already added to or something. To avoid any confusion, can you just roll the dice, and outside of the forum function add the modifier?)
    Show

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hound smiles coldly at Sir Drimmle's reaction and begins to sheathe his dagger when suddenly the world goes...wrong. Hound stands entranced, his mind filling with glorious blasphemies and impossible truths. I hear you...I hear you! Speak to me...speak... and then the world snaps back to normal.

Hound finds himself staring open-mouthed at Drimmle and Luis, unsure of whether they are real or not, until his training and iron will assert themselves and he snaps out of it.

"Nonsense, we are perfectly safe here," he answers Luis in an irritated tone. "This was not the work of anyone living in this place. It was the witch, pushing her powers too far. We must keep an eye on her from now on - if she starts losing it, then she must be given the Emperor's Peace at once."

16. - Top - End - #946

Beholder

Rolling initiative...

(1d10+3)[4]

Arl levels his pistol and coolly aims at the servitor's back, then fires.

(1d100)[38] vs 49(base) + 10 (half action aim).

(1d10+5)[11]

Stub pistol + Might Shot

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Remaining steady on its golden hooved feet, the servitor levels its mechandrite controlled weapon at Father Milo, and snaps off a second shot with a high pitched electronic hiss.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Alright, with Wyndeward's roll, the new initiative order is:
    Servitor 8
    Milo 6
    Marcella 5
    Arl 4

Arl will keep his attack and damage rolls for his turn.

The Servitor's attack on Father Milo, the combatant it can currently see is rolled as a hit, and will be worth 5 damage, not including Toughness or armor, landing on the torso if not dodged.
    Brambe, please roll dodge and go ahead and set up your next turn.

Sir Drimmle opens his mouth to speak, but all that comes out is a high pitched moan. His eyes are truly wide with terror, and for the first time there is not a hint of smug elitism in his face. "What... what happened," he mutters to no one in particular, perhaps no longer even aware of Hound and the others around him.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

father milo attempts a dodge, but the las bolt impacts his flak vest, taking no damage

(1d100)[89] tn 39

after that, he'll aim and snap off a shot at the servitor

(1d100)[48] tn 54

(1d10+4)[7] pen 3
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-07-20 at 10:57 AM.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Still encased in the ethereal power of her Chamaeleon and Distort Vision that veritably gauranteed she wouldn't be targeted or hit physically, Marcella continued to do what she was already doing: pulling the trigger.

ooc:

Dakka dakka with laspistol: (1d100)[92] vs TN 48

Damage: (1D10)[1]

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Sir Drimmle opens his mouth to speak, but all that comes out is a high pitched moan. His eyes are truly wide with terror, and for the first time there is not a hint of smug elitism in his face. "What... what happened," he mutters to no one in particular, perhaps no longer even aware of Hound and the others around him.
    Hound steps up to Drimmle and casually slaps him hard across the face. "Listen well, traitor! What you just witnessed is a sliver of the power that Him On Earth gave his earthly life to defend all of us from! Every xenos artefact you deal in and every minor corruption you allow yourself sullies his sacrifice and opens the door to that power breaking through and damning us all. You brought this on yourself, understand!?"

"Now, are you ready to throw yourself on the mercy of the God-Emperor and to give a full confession of your sins? Do it, and you may still hope that he will protect your immortal soul from the madness you just saw. Speak!" he roars at the bound man.

OOC: This is where Hound's hoping for Drimmle to cry 'hallelujah' and offer to come clean without us having to interrogate him too harshly.

And if he does, the first order of business will be for him to tell us how to shut down the servitor...

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Servitor's shot wings Father Milo on his right flank, just below the shoulder. There is the smell of singed robes, and super-heated flak on impact, and the las bolt almost spins him sideways. However, Milo is still able to keep his cool and snap off a shot of his own. The pistol barks and there is the sound of impacted metal as the solid round connects with the gilded exo-skeleton of the servitor. The hit almost takes the servitor's leg out from under it, but it does not go down.

Marcella takes aim and shoots again, her laspistol shrieking, but the bolt goes wide, singing a streak of black across the perfected wall of the hallway.

Arl rounds the corner, finding his two companions locked in a gunfight with the steel and gold clad organic automaton. He takes aim and perhaps due to compensating for the kick of his weapon, his shot goes low, though also strikes the servitor in it's right leg. Arl's shot finds the joint of it's armor, entering in dark gap of what should be its knee joint. There is something like the sound of bones snapping, and the Servitor stumbles, hitting hard on its buckled knee.

(OOC: Milo does 4 wounds, Marcella misses, Arl does 5 wounds. Back to the top of the order)

The servitor pushes itself back to its hooved feet, metal groaning and scraping as it rises. It turns to Arl, now surrounded by three foes. With one ballistic mechandrite trained on Milo and Marcella, the other turns on the Feral Guardsman from Kesh. There is a whine as the muzzle of the las-weapon lights, vomiting a red beam of light at Arl.

(OOC: The Servitor rolls a hit at Arl's head unless Arl succeeds his dodge. The hit is worth 5 wounds)

Sir Drimmle stumbles from the slap, the look of horror suddenly replaced with one of numb confusion. He opens his mouth as if to speak, but at first, nothing comes out.

(OOC: Can I get one more Intimidation roll here? You can take it at +20)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2022-07-23 at 02:09 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #952
    Troll in the Playground

"we'd best finish this quickly, as i know what nobility do to interlopers" father milo barks, aiming and firing again

half action aim, fire

(1d100)[22]

(1d10+4)[9]

23. - Top - End - #953
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Father Milo's shot plunks off of the servitor's left shoulder, knocking it sideways, but still the thing does not go down.

(OOC: 3 more damage taken. Still waiting on Wyndeward's potential dodge roll)
    Show

24. - Top - End - #954

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Father Milo's shot plunks off of the servitor's left shoulder, knocking it sideways, but still the thing does not go down.

(OOC: 3 more damage taken. Still waiting on Wyndeward's potential dodge roll)
    Arl dives for cover as the Servitor takes a shot!

(1d100)[85]

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella's mind reaches forward again to grab at the nervous system of the servitor, given that her own marksmanship left much to be desired...

ooc:

Spasm: (1D10)[9] + 5 vs TN 7. The silver lining is it's a 14, which means it takes -10 to its Willpower roll.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-07-25 at 10:04 AM.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Arl moves to dive for cover, but is too slow. He's not even off his feet as the bolt zips by his face, singing his stubble and leaving his cheek red-hot.

(OOC: After toughness, Arl takes 2 damage. This drops him down to one final wound... Careful!)

Marcella again reaches out with her psychic power, pushing her will through the Warp and forcing the servitor to surrender. Like turning a key in a lock, she can feel as the servitor succumbs to her forced spasm, arms and legs locking up as it collapses on the ground.

But as Marcella pulls back her will, something from the warp follows. There is a sudden smell of ozone, with only just a moment to register it before the terrible, deafening shriek erupts into reality. The walls of the building seem to shake with the impossible sound. Glass from every picture frame shatters in the hallway. The sound ripples out across everything. The security console where Sir Drimmle and his captors remain shatters as well, shards of glass exploding into the air.

(OOC: Alright EVERYONE, Toughness rolls please or be deafened for two rounds)
    Show

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hound ducks instinctively and covers his ears as the shriek shatters the console nearby. Whether through luck, innate toughness, or the will of the God-Emperor himself, he avoids the worst of the exploding glass and manages to protect his ears well enough that his eardrums remain intact. After a short while, the ringing noise in his ears also begins to fade and he straightens up to take stock of the room and the condition of his allies and Sir Drimmle.

"Drimmle! Can you hear me?!" he fairly shouts at the man.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella's ears rung in a deafening whine that blocked out all sound. Her face winced up and her eyes closed for a second as she shook her head to try and throw off that mind-numbing drone.

Drawing her laspistol up again and pointing it directly at the servitor, Marcella uttered a single command: "Stay. Down!"

29. - Top - End - #959

Beholder

Arl felt the burn of the servitor's las-weapon, takes careful aim and fires again!

(1d100)[83] vs. 59 (49 base + half action aim)

Arl cursed as his shot went wide!
    Last edited by Wyndeward; 2022-08-01 at 10:59 PM.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Troll in the Playground

father milo's ears rang like the great church bells of tarsus as he dropped to one knee and howled in agony. getting back up, he took a shot at the servitor

(1d100)[93]

(1d10)[3]

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    what are the general rules for being deafened?