New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: IC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

That is troubling. They will forget how to fight like men if they rely too much on these.. rifles and lasguns… but consider, if they have money to spare on these powerful guns, they have money to spare for the Credit Guild. Xerro, you had a friend who was living down here? Should we seek him out before our meeting with Clan Tora?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Returning to the group, Xerros-926 briefly tilts his head to the side upon hearing of the supposed 'weapons with no place', but says nothing.

Turning to the savage, he replies:

"Statement: I would not consider him to be a friend, merely an associate of an associate. Addendum: However, I would consider it to be wisest to seek him out before attending to any other business, given his use."

Turning back to the two hivers again, he continues:

"Interrogative: Do you know the whereabouts of a scavenger named Harl Kander?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

”Las weaponry should, as I understand it, not be available to an Underhive gang without the appropriate credentials with the Departmento Munitorum.” Severine said, pursing her lips in thought. ”It is concerning that there could potentially be someone diverting Imperial resources away from the Astra Militarum and sourcing them to these gangs.”

Severine pulls a data-quill from her messy bun, and makes a few quick notes on her data-slate.

”I do agree that our best option is to reach out to Xerros’ associate.”
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Are we talking just a few rifles and las guns or something more sinister? I could see one of the larger players being able to get a few, just as they get their snub pistols. But if it is more than the odd one, there may be something afoot... weapons cost money, as a rule, and I don't see a way that any of the clans generate the kind of Thrones for a wholesale upgrade. Besides, fighting is bad business and bad for business. With that, Arl began cleaning his rifle, careful not to jostle the sighting scope
    Url shrugs and replies, "I'd say de firepower dey carry is pretty abnormal for what most anyone can get down here. It certainly ain't normal."

"That is troubling. They will forget how to fight like men if they rely too much on these.. rifles and lasguns… but consider, if they have money to spare on these powerful guns, they have money to spare for the Credit Guild."
    This draws an almost immediate response from Url, who raises a hand to scratch a bald and scabby patch of his scalp. "Well dat's just de question. Where is Boss Half Face gettin' de thrones for it. Honestly, I figured yous was here to deal with Clan Tora if anyting. De last group of Guilders actually met with him, though theys was a different group than yous," he says matter of factly.

Turning back to the two hivers again, he continues:

"Interrogative: Do you know the whereabouts of a scavenger named Harl Kander?"
    "Kander?" Url asks with a mix of surprise and disdain, "Kander is a rogue and a scoundrel 'Es not hard to find; jes look for de hole wit the cheapest booze. De'se days he mostly hangs around De Squat's Behind. It's not far from 'ere. I'll scrawl yous directions."
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Yeah, that other group. They weren't pro-fesh-inn-ells like us. Ah, teck priests. So funny. No time like the now. Anyway, let's go see your "friend" so you can have a "friendly conversation" with him, ya ken? And of course you want to bring your work-buddies to meet this "friend"," says Luis, trying nudge Xerros.
    Last edited by dojango; 2020-04-21 at 11:21 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

”It is actually concerning that more of our…colleagues…from the Guild have been in contact with Clan Sabay.” Severine said absently, as if to herself. ”Thank you, sir. You have been very gracious. If we have any further questions, perhaps you will acquiesce to us contacting you again?”
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2020-04-22 at 06:05 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: to clarify, Guilders had seen clan Sabay)
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98

Goblin

Xerros-926 bows his head, facing Url.

"Expression: Gratitude."

He gestures for them to provide the map.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Arl finishes cleaning his rifle and replaces it in the hold-all. "When d'you think we should seek out this associate of an associate of yours?"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella watched the conversation, talk about cheap booze divebars and gangs having extra-ordinary firepower retaining her interest and making her think. She was surprised that lasguns were considered out of the ordinary. Perhaps it was just where she was brought up, but an idea that the most common military weapon in the Imperium was out of the norms for underhive gangers...she was sceptical, to say the least.

"What were your colleagues from the guild seeing Clan Sabay about?" she asked out of reflex. "Are you able to say?"
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

”It is actually concerning that more of our…colleagues…from the Guild have been in contact with Clan Sabay.” Severine said absently, as if to herself. ”Thank you, sir. You have been very gracious. If we have any further questions, perhaps you will acquiesce to us contacting you again?”
    Url shrugs and gruffly says, "I suspect you'll be seen' me 'gain if you's is stayin' here. You's can ask me anyting you's like."

"What were your colleagues from the guild seeing Clan Sabay about?" she asked out of reflex. "Are you able to say?"
    Url simply shakes his head in the negative. "No idea. It wasn't my bidness. I just know they saw 'im."

With the questions out of the way, the Acolytes gather there things and head off, following the directions Url had given them to find "The Squat's Behind". It is a little after midday and the streets are mostly empty. Not even the homeless seem to litter this area; though there is the occasional burrowing noises coming from piles of trash, likely the scavanging of the local rodent species, often referred to as Ryders.

The streets are dimly lit with the flickering of dying fluorescent lights, and narrow, though not tunnels like the acolytes had previously taken.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Okay, from here on out, I need to know what gear each acolyte is carrying, and what armor they are wearing. The Guilder's cloaks are large enough to conceal a single basic weapon or melee "full sized" melee weapon without requiring a roll, along with any pistols or knives you want to carry. They are also big enough to mostly conceal armor no larger than flak or mesh, though you would likely have to wear your hood up to conceal a helmet if you are bringing one.

Of course, you don't have to walk around concealing your equipment, it just may draw further attention and affect how others view the group.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Severine milled about in the center of the group of her companions. Conventional wisdom indicated that it was the safer place, as she was neither heavily armed nor incredibly skilled in the ways of combat. But that didn’t stop her from keeping one hand settled comfortably on the butt of her pistol, tucked under her robes.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Wearing Shield Robes under the Guild Cloak, with her pistol and all her extra ammunition for reloads – just in case. She’s got her backpack with her, and in it is her rebreather. But she’s leaving the helmet back at their hab suite. Also, she’s taking her staff. Since it easily masquerades as a walking stave.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella followed along with the others, her large coat covering the flak vest she wore - about the only physical protection she had. Aside from the two guardsman, that is. She carried a las-pistol on her with two extra power-packs, while a knife was sheathed against her lower back. A psi-focus was hidden within her pocket, while her only ordnance, a frag grenade, had been left back at the dingy apartment. No need to bring that along. She hoped.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

14. - Top - End - #104

Beholder

Arl took up the drag position in the group, his knives hidden under the Credit Guild cloak which he had pulled over himself, as if cold, to better hide the blades.

15. - Top - End - #105

Goblin

Taking the lead, as was necessary, given the fact that he would be the one making contact with the scavenger, Xerros-926 strides along, staff in hand, though his lascarbine is secreted beneath his cloak.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis followed, his quiver on his back and his bow in hand. His axe and pistol concealed beneath his coat. The first time he heard one of the rodents shuffling through the garbage, he nocked an arrow and began scouting for one; if he sees one he will let fly with an arrow. "Looks like good eatin' on them things," he says.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Hearing Luis' suggestion, Marcella shuddered.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

”Perhaps, Luis, though I would be wary of consuming the flesh of such a creature. We do not know what pathogens it may have been exposed to down here. Best to leave that which feasts upon rot alone.” Severine said, eyeing the skittering things out of the corner of her eye.

19. - Top - End - #109

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    Luis followed, his quiver on his back and his bow in hand. His axe and pistol concealed beneath his coat. The first time he heard one of the rodents shuffling through the garbage, he nocked an arrow and began scouting for one; if he sees one he will let fly with an arrow. "Looks like good eatin' on them things," he says.
    "Filthy things, unworthy of being hunted... save your arrows and your effort for more worthy game. With that, Arl marched on. following his comrades' lead.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Luis lets his arrow fly at one of the piles of garbage, a collection of moldering bags of refuse that was rustling with activity.

Out of the pile scurries the rodent thing. The horrible thing is about the size of a human head, a fat black thing with eight short scrabbling legs and a stubby fang filled head with four black blind eyes. It's body enclosed in a bivalved onyx carapace sparsly growing spikey thick hairs. It hisses at Luis, it's long pink tail whipping back and forth. In moments others are crawling forward, out from the cracks in the pavement, and the piles of garbage and the shadows.

Now a pack of six of the horrible little abominations stand before the acolytes, hissing and chittering about five meters away.

(OOC: I wasn't going to do this, but since someone had to poke the bear, we are gonna start out with our ubiquitous entry level rat fight. Everyone please roll initiative and go ahead and roll for/describe your first turn )
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-04-27 at 09:04 PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

As the horrid little abominations scampered out of the pile of refuse, Severine pulled the stub revolver from inside her robe and raised it before her.

Severine fired a single bullet at the closest after lining up her shot with a thin red-dot laser.

Show

Initiative (1d10+3)[6]

Half Action - Draw Pistol
    Half Action - Fire Pistol (1d100)[18] TN 45
    Damage (1d10+3)[7]

Dodge if necessary (1d100)[7] TN 17

5/6 shots remaining

Edit: Wow. That dodge roll!

Last edited by Erulasto; 2020-04-28 at 02:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Goblin

Loosing an angry binharic blurt at Luis, Xerros-926 disdainfully pulls out his laspistol and takes a shot at the closest creature.

Show
    Initiative: [roll]1d10+2p/roll]
    Half Action - Draw Laspistol
    Half Action - Fire Laspistol (1d100)[83] TN 45
    Damage: (1d10+2)[12]

23. - Top - End - #113

Beholder

Relying on his knowledge of animals, particularly small scavengers, Arl grabs the hems of his cloak and spreads it wide, making him look far larger than the "small" rodents and gives a roar, attempting to scare off the filthy beasts before things get out of hand.

Spoiler: OOC - Die Rolls
    Show

Initiative = (1d10+3)[13]
    Intimidate / Survival (Full Action) = (1d100)[67]
    Last edited by Wyndeward; 2020-04-28 at 03:51 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Hah! Going to have to fight for dinner. Makes it taste better." Luis quickly nocks another arrow, draws, and looses it at one of the beasts.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10+3)[13] init, (1d100)[14] v. 37, (1d10)[2] dmg

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella seemed to take the emergence of the disgusting creatures rather well, for a girl who was ostensibly a cloistered scholar. The truth was, however, that she'd seen these type of little uglies many, many, many times before, when she was much younger, and the kids of her habitat would band together to catch them to cash in on the ransom offered for the tail of each ghastly ROUS.

But now, she had a gun.

Withdrawing her laspistol, Marcella winked one eye close to aim and pulled the trigger.

ooc:

Spoiler
    Show

Half-action: Drawing weapon.
    Half action: Shooting: (1d100)[71] vs TN 38.

Damage: (1d10+2)[12]

Last edited by BananaPhone; 2020-04-29 at 11:46 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Luis is the first to act as the swarm of rodents (known locally as Ryders) assembles. He knocks a second arrow and fires, this one lancing straight into the the nearest rodent's chitin covered flank. The arrow pierces the thing's natural armor, but seems to do little to slow it down, instead causing the multi-legged thing to begin charging straight for him.

(OOC: Hit to torso, but damage negated by natural armor and toughness bonus.)

Arl begins running around flapping the hems of his cloak and making strange noises. The rodents seem completely undeterred by his attempt to intimidate them.

(OOC: Arl's roll fails. Magicarp uses splash... it is not very effective )

Xerros is next to draw his weapon. He raises his las pistol and urgently fires. A beam of red light shrieks out from the muzzle of the weapon, scorching a pock of rockrete ground just a half meter away from the nearest Ryder.

Severine pulls out her stub revolver and fires, the weapon barking an ear shattering report and a cloud of black smoke. One of the nearest ryder's shrieks in pain, the meat of its leg leaking black fluid where a solid round had struck it.

(OOC: After armor and T, Severine does 3 wounds)

Marcella's shot goes wide as well, her las pistol barely bucking in her hand as it discharges a bright red beam.

By then the rodent things were upon the acolytes, in a blur of scurrying appendages and gnashing teeth. Most of the ryder's darted in and out nipping at the boots of the nearby acolytes, though one was able to launch itself into the air to attack Luis, its blind eyes shining in the streetlight as its jaw searched for the fleshy parts of Luis' chest.

(OOC: Out of the 6, only one gets a strike, landing a blow at Luis' torso. Please roll dodge. Also in your character sheet, I don't see any armor listed under equipment, though I would assume Luis has flak armor???)
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Arl begins running around flapping the hems of his cloak and making strange noises. The rodents seem completely undeterred by his attempt to intimidate them.
    Arl draws a throwing knife and hurls it at the wounded scavenger!!

Spoiler: OOC - Die Rolls
    Show

Half action - draw throwing knife
    Half Action - throw same
    (1d100)[36] against a 44 base
    (1d10)[4]

So, two whole points of damage. (I rolled a d10, due to the need to check for righteous fury...)

Last edited by Wyndeward; 2020-05-01 at 06:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Having scored a wound on the ryder, Severine steeled herself for another attempt. This time, with weapon already in hand, she was able to focus further to ensure her next shot was a success as well.

Show

Half action to Aim
    Half action to fire the pistol

(1d100)[27] TN 55 (35+10 laser sight +10 aim)
    Damage (1d10+3)[7] Impact, Pen 0

29. - Top - End - #119

Goblin

Cursing in binaric, Xerros-926 fires again, targeting the nearest ryder.

Show
    Half Action Aim
    Half Action Standard Attack: (1d100)[3] TN 55 (BS 35 +10 Short Range +10 Aim)
    Damage: (1d10+2)[7]

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis tries to fend off the beast's teeth, while drawing his trusty axe, so he can split the creature's skull open

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[84] v. 32 for dodge, quick draw axe amd attempt to chop up the one attacking me. Aim + attack. (1d100)[48] for the chopping, V. 54. (1d10+4)[12] dmg. Yeah, guard flak. Will add it to the sheet.