New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: IC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Inclining his head, Xerros-926 makes the sign of the Cog.

"Amenity: Greetings, Harl Kander. Introduction: I am Technographer Xerros-926 of the Adeptus Mechanicus, and these are my retinue, graciously provided by the Credit Guild. Explanation: I am conducting research into the technologies of the underhive, and was informed by my colleague Magos Petrovskii - whom I gather you have an acquaintance with - that you may be able to assist me with regards to matters of ancient technologies and other such curiosities."

He looks around, before returning his gaze to Harl.

"Request: May I join you?"

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As far as Marcella could tell, no one was moving to ready a weapon or surround the acolytes. This meeting was spectacle if anything for the other patrons of The Squat's Behind. But in her studies, Marcella notices the distant scent of dried blood and charred flesh coming from Harl. Based on how he was slumped in the corner, it was possible he was nursing a chest or maybe abdominal wound.

"Petrovskii?" Kandor asks with a hint of surprise. The muzzle of the las pistol disappears back into the man's silhouette, and he pushes himself upright in the booth. There is a faint click as the cybernetic eye switches lenses, and then Harl Kandor says, "Sure, pull up a chair... though I don't know if your entire retinue can fit." The statement seems to tickle the man.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis leaps forward and pulls the chair out for the Magos and bows. "Allow me, your cogliness," he says.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Arl found a wall to lean up against, taking his weight off his wounded leg. He scanned the crowd for any signs of ill-intent.

Spoiler: OOC - Die rolls
    Show
    (1d100)[52] against perception 35

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Harl eyes Luis, a smirk creeping on the man's lips as the warrior pulls the chair out for the tech priest.

Arl's leg sings with relief as he offloads it. He studies the dark tavern. He can't help but notice how all eyes in the room seem to be on the acolytes, though he sees no weapons drawn. It was hard for the feral worlder to get a sense of these hive people. They were a different breed of Imperial all together, they were strange to him.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156

Goblin

Waving his 'retinue' back, Xerros-926 takes the seat pulled out for him by Luis and looks at Harl Kander, fingers steepled in front of him.

"Let us begin. Given your area of expertise, we shall start with your experience of ancient technology, items such as those the Adeptus Mechanicus would traditionally possess an interest in. What would you say are the similarities, if any, between the items that you have uncovered during your career?"

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Karndor's eyes narrow for a moment, his expression hardening in response to the sudden unexpected inquisition. But the scavenger quickly buries this concern behind a cocksure grin, and he replies, "Ancient technology? There's not a lot of that down here. Mostly I come by an abandoned light bike, or some old factory machinery that I can junk for parts. But Magos Petrovskii somehow seems to know when there's something worth digging up. My guess is that he has some sort of servitors that he sends down here to do recon, thought that's just a guess." He pauses momentarily to pick up a heavy glass filled with a pungent brown liquid and take several gulps. Placing the mug down Kandor continues, "For the Magos I've dug up some ancient looking computer in one of the perimeter hexes. Once he even sent me out into the Basalt Wastelands to find him a crate of strange canisters he referred to as Servos Ungent. Barely made it back from that death trip. I'll be honest with you; I don't understand half the artifacts
    I find for The Magos. I just know he pays well, and every once in a while, that's enough to keep my belly full and my gun loaded.
    "
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Having spotted no threats, Marcella takes the invitation to sit herself down a short distance from His Cogliness. Her bright, smiling face stood in contrasting to the dreary, dingy pit in which they found themselves, but the Psyker listened to the conversation with bright eyes as she allowed the mechanicus to do the talking.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Severine allowed her companions to keep an eye out for trouble, as it was not entirely her strong suit. Instead, the Sister shuffled into her own seat across from Karndor and pulled out a data-slate and a data-quill as she began taking notes on the conversation, occasionally glancing up from the slate to the man in question.

”You say it was a death trip.” Severine began, curiosity piquing the tone of her voice. ”Can you please elaborate? I am unfamiliar with the dangers that are out in the Basalt Wastelands. Mutants, mayhaps? More…natural predators?”
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Harl Kandor watches as yet another acolyte sits down at the table. He grins and off handily says to Xerros, "You certainly have a number of beautiful women in your retinue." Turning to Severine and addressing her question, "The Basalt Wastelands are a toxic desert that make up most of the West and South of this Hive. They're practically uninhabitable, and only the toughest and strangest creatures can survive out there. Because of that there are a number of unguarded sewer and exhaust pipes that make for easy entrance or exit out of the underhive. Other than a number Giant Slaar Beasts, and Three Horned Arachnids, there's also the Basalt People, a wild group of roaming subhuman scavengers." He grins a roguish grin for Severine and adds, "I wouldn't recommend the trip, but if you're desperate, maybe I can give you a tour sometime."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161

Goblin

Withdrawing a dataslate from somewhere within his robes, Xerros-926 makes a couple of cursory notes on it, before returning his gaze to Harl, continuing where he left off:

"Very well. On to more modern technology. From my observations so far, I have noted the weaponry used by dwellers of the underhive to be largely low-calibre stub-, auto- and las-weapons, with a few larger calibre weapons interspersed at the higher ranks. Would you say that this was the case? Would you note any specific gangs or groups as having significantly higher levels of technology than this that would suggest an origin of outside the underhive?"

He leans forwards slightly in his seat.

12. - Top - End - #162

Beholder

Arl drew his cloak around him, doing his best to conceal his wound, keeping his weight on his good leg as he listened to the scavenger talk.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"I suppose," Harl replies with a casual shrug, "I'd say the gangers generally have the best arms down here, though that's probably because some of them have been banking with your colleagues." He points to the Credit Guilder coin shaped clasp on Xerros' cloak at this. The scum then casually strokes his thick beard before continuing, "But you pretty much have to have a weapon down here to survive. Even the most infirm mother and the smallest child can fire a stubber."

Harl Kandor's eyes harden then, and he flashes Xerros and the others a serious look that might be taken as a warning, "But is there something in particular you might be referring to? Petrovskii send you for something in particular?" Somehow, this was being asked as some sort of paranoid accusation, and though the scum hadn't moved a centimeter, one had the sense that he had readied his laspistol again.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Aye, we do good business down here. But maybe someone gets some flashy weapons that are too flash, ya know? More than what we normally lend? So we wanna know if some gangers have some really good stuff. Really weird. Cause that means they got some dosh to spend they ain't borrowing from us. And if you wanna upgrade, maybe you can fill out a loan application and we can take a look over, yeah?"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Ignoring the crude implication of his words, Severine scribbled a few notes herself on the Basalt Wastes on her data-slate. The lowest strata of Imperial society were often of a more base instinct. Many tomes - some blacklisted by the Inquisition - on the socio-economic hierarchies in the Imperium had taught her as much.

"My colleague is correct. If they are receiving funding for weapons from a source outside the Credit Guild they could be in breach of contract and have their assets seized."

16. - Top - End - #166

Goblin

Emitting a binaric blurt of frustration, Xerros-926 raises his hand and clicks his fingers.

"Command: Leave us - Master Kander and I have Mechanicus business to discuss - business not for the ears of Credit Guild lackeys."

Once the others have withdrawn far enough, Xerros-926 leans in closer, and modulates his voice so that only the man opposite can hear him.

Spoiler: GM:
    Show
    "As I said, my loyalties lie with the Adeptus Mechanicus over any guild. But, of course, you are most discerning. Rumours have reached the Cult Mechanicus Helius of... xenotech in the underhive. Part of my research is to verify those rumours, one way or another. Magos Petrovskii said that you were an old friend who could be of great help in my inquiries."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Apologies, I have edited this post to address all player posts, which I somehow missed initially! My bad.

"Aye, we do good business down here. But maybe someone gets some flashy weapons that are too flash, ya know? More than what we normally lend? So we wanna know if some gangers have some really good stuff. Really weird. Cause that means they got some dosh to spend they ain't borrowing from us. And if you wanna upgrade, maybe you can fill out a loan application and we can take a look over, yeah?"
    "My colleague is correct. If they are receiving funding for weapons from a source outside the Credit Guild they could be in breach of contract and have their assets seized."
    Harl Kandor grins at the questions, and gives the Feral Worlder and the Sister a shrug saying, "I hear Boss Half Face recently started carrying a high end flamer. But I heard he got that specifically by dealing with the Credit Guild. The real question is how... if anything I figured you would know." He gives Xerros, the supposed leader a smug eyebrow raise.

Kandor's eyebrow raises, and without having to say anything, one could tell that he knows exactly what Xerros is talking about. "There was a battle just a couple of days ago in Hex BG7. Rumor has it the gangs were fighting over some xenos tech... but you already knew that, didn't you?" He grins, but there is something cold and hard in the expression.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-05-21 at 12:41 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168

Goblin

Keeping his face perfectly still, Xerros-926 replies:

"Knowledge is power, Master Kander. The Mechanicus shall make sure that you are compensated for your assistance."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kandor nods his head in acceptance and almost as if making a guilty admission replies, "So maybe I decided to check out Hex BG7 last night. The Tora were still cleaning up the battle site. They managed to get me pretty good." He pulls back his heavy hide cloak to reveal a charred las wound on his abdomen, a bloody spotted bandage visible under his burned shirt. You can also seen now that his flak chest piece is scorched from more las fire. He grins at Xerros with a wild determined fire and says, "But at least I got this" before pulling from under the table an ornate and gilded bolt pistol. The weapon is a thing of beauty, and on its side is a plaque that reads "Mercutio"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170

Goblin

Leaning in to examine the bolt pistol, Xerros-926 exhales softly through his rebreather.

"Fascinating... The Mechanicus shall be most pleased at the recovery of such an exquisite piece."

Looking back up at Kandor, he continues:

"The Tora you say? I believe my... associates in the Credit Guild have dealings with them - this will be a useful tangent to follow up on. My sincere thanks, and that of the Mechanicus, once again, Master Kander."
    Last edited by Morovir; 2020-05-22 at 04:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Leaning in to examine the bolt pistol, Xerros-926 exhales softly through his rebreather.

"Fascinating... The Mechanicus shall be most pleased at the recovery of such an exquisite piece."
    Harl's eyes narrow at the priest's words, and the scavenger quickly pulls the weapon out of reach. "I found this for myself. Petrovskii, did ask me to go and investigate that site, and he sure as hell didn't put himself at risk... and I have to assume you ain't here to pay me for it." Kandor's gaze drops down to the wound in his gut. The bolt pistol remains on the table, with Harl's gloved hand wrapped around the grip, the over-sized muzzle now pointed at Xerros.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    "The Tora you say? I believe my... associates in the Credit Guild have had dealings with them - this will be a useful tangent to follow up on. My sincere thanks, and that of the Mechanicus, once again, Master Kander."
    It's the Sabay who have had dealings with the Guild. The acolytes are going to The Tora later, which is why the Tora gangers the group just ran into was so proud of setting up the meeting.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-05-22 at 02:58 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172

Goblin

"For now, its possession by a known entity to the Adeptus Mechanicus is sufficient. I will not seek to take it off your hands until sufficient remuneration is provided, including meducae attention for your injury."

Despite the weapon pointed at him, Xerros-926 remains unfazed, at least openly.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Removed the 'had' from what Xerros said to suggest that the dealing are yet to come.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Severine was about to respond to Kander when Xerros issued his rather abrupt command. A slender brow quirked in mild irritation, though instead of speaking up she simply gathered up her data-slate and tucked the quill back into the messy bun her hair had been bound into.

Rising, she slipped away from them to stand at a respectable distance. The Sister had no plans to step fully out of the room, but she would at least give them a modicum of privacy.

While she waited, the Sister took a moment to reload her stubb revolver’s spent ammunition. A quick glance to her other companions.

”I fear that the hostility exhibited by these gangs may escalate with us caught in the crossfire. I would surmise we are looking at the early steps into an arms race.”

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

So far, as was usual, Marcella had remained quiet and had preferred to let everyone else do the talking. Being complimented as a beautiful woman would've been nice if the source of the pleasantry was a studly fellow who was offering to take her away to his highborn castle where all her needs and wants would be attended to, but as it originated from a scum-bag Marcella let it roll off her back.

Unaware that she had sat at the table when his Cogliness had desired her positioned by the entrance with the rest of his underlings, Marcella continued to listen, like a kid sitting at the table with the adults, her eyes moving back and forth between each speaker and absorbing what they said.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"What this?" Kandor says glancing down at his bandages with a good natured grin, "You think this needs medical attention? I'm just fine. I'll heal up in no time." He chuckles a little, but the act must cause a spasm of pain, because he stops suddenly grimacing.

Perhaps sobered by the pain, Harl Kandor says seriously, "Look, I'm keeping this beauty here, but if you want I'll do you a favor. I can take you to the site in BG7 where the shootout happened. I don't think there's any weapons I might of missed, but you're clearly interested in whatever it was they were fighting over."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176

Goblin

"That would be much appreciated, and greatly useful to my research. I will report the weapon to my superiors, but I am sure that they will pay handsomely when they come to retrieve it."

Tentatively, he extends a hand, as if expecting Harl Kandor to take it in agreement.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis takes in the man's wounds. He figures the man will live. Probably. "So, Clan Tora won the little battle? Eh, good for them. So tell me... who's winning the little clan war? Guild thinks its easier to back the winner when you back both parties... but we still wanna get paid, you know?"

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

While Xerros is speaking, Harl Kandor removes a small rusty silver case, and opening it, procures and lights a lho-stick. When the tech priest is finished, the scavenger blows a a dark cloud of sacrine smelling smoke into his face. "Look here," he says flatly, "I'm happy to help you, since you say you're a friend of Petrovskii," before taking another pull at the narcotic stick. The cherry lights his face in red, casting dark shadows under his eyes, and says, "But no one hired me to go out there, and this pistol is mine now. I know a hustle when I see one."

"So, Clan Tora won the little battle? Eh, good for them. So tell me... who's winning the little clan war? Guild thinks its easier to back the winner when you back both parties... but we still wanna get paid, you know?"
    Harl raises an eyebrow at this question, and blows another cloud of smoke into Xerros' face. "Well I'd say The Sabay have taken the upper hand of late... thanks to the money your Guild has been supplying them."

Harl Kandor shuffles to the end of the booth, standing with a grimace of pain. Without the table in the way, you can see that he has both the las pistol and the bolt pistol in hand and ready to use. "I'll pick you up at your hab at midnight tonight," he says, and the grin on his face tells you he knows exactly where the acolytes are staying, "and if you have thirty thrones when I meet you, I'll show you everything I found at Hex BG7, including where Clan Tora left their booby traps." The scavenger then shuffles past the acolytes and heads out of the tavern, tossing small single copper throne to the bartender on his way out.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179

Goblin

Resisting the urge to react at the accusation of this 'hustle', Xerros-926 says nothing, merely bowing his head as the scavenger lays out his terms.

After he leaves, Xerros rises from the stall, turning to the others:

"Instruction: Settle your dues and ready yourselves to leave. Explanation: We are done here."

30. - Top - End - #180

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Morovir View Post
    Resisting the urge to react at the accusation of this 'hustle', Xerros-926 says nothing, merely bowing his head as the scavenger lays out his terms.

After he leaves, Xerros rises from the stall, turning to the others:

"Instruction: Settle your dues and ready yourselves to leave. Explanation: We are done here."
    With that, Arl waited for the others to sort themselves out before leaving the den of iniquity. It was shaping up for a long night.