New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: IC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

"I suppose drinks will have to wait until business is done. Once complete, we can return here to celebrate our victory!"

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

With that the acolytes depart from The Squat's Behind. Patrons of the tavern seem to push back out of their way as they go. Not even the bartender speaks up, simply watching them with his large dark eyes.

(OOC: Unless anyone has anything they wish to do, I can move us forward to when the acolytes are brought to Clan Tora, an event that will be taking place this afternoon, in game)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella hummed softly to herself as the group departed the Squat's Behind. As usual, shockingly, she had nothing to say. Everything seemed straight-forward to her, and unless some arcane event reared its mystical head during their tour, she doubted she'd need to become a slick talker at their destination.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Later that Evening

Later that evening, about ten minutes after the their promised time, Bail "Shortstick" Georgy and his hunched companion Leetus arrive at Url's hab. Their arrival is punctuated by a series of unnecessarily forceful bangs on the plastic hab door.

The acolyte who opens the door finds the two gangers eagerly grinning. The pair have apparently changed clothes and are now wearing tatters in their clan colors of purple and red. While Georgy has one hand resting on the handle of a holstered stub revolver, Leetus holds in both hands a pair of curved rusted daggers. Excitedly Georgy says, "I hope we didn't keep you too long. Are yous guys ready to go?"
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Naw, just got back from gettin' a drink. Ran into a few of them ryder thingies. They good eatin' at all?" asks Luis, as he slings his bow over his gold cape.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Severine had spent much of the following time pouring through her notes and other bits of information she had accumulated in her investigations. Her eyes were glued to the data-slate for much of the time, including the trip back to their hab-unit.

When Georgy and Leetus arrived, she swiftly set aside her musings and checked her stubb revolver before slipping it into the folds of her cloak.

”You have impeccable timing, sir.” Severine said politely, ”Luis is correct. We returned not long ago, but I believe we should have no further issues that need to be addressed before we depart.”
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The hunched Leetus snickers at Luis' question and nods his misshapen pimpled head and replies, "Oh yeah, thems good eating." His tongue actually comes out to lick his wormy lips in Pavlovian hunger.

Even Shortstick scowls with slight disgust, and cutting his companion off says, "I'd be careful mate. Dem ryders feast on the trash and runoff of the underhive. Eating too many of dem might turn yous into a twist, or might straight drop you." Changing his tone, Georgy then adds, "Well anyways, if yous is ready, we's best be on our way. Best not to keep the big boss waiting." He then turns back to Leetus and says something quickly in a thick Hive-cant, not understood by a speaker of just Low Gothic.

(OOC: If anyone has the advanced skill Speak Hive Dialect, speak up and I'll translate for you. Otherwise, you can make a Speak Low Gothic roll at -20 to try to understand)

The group gathers and departs Url's hab. Georgy and Leetus lead the acolytes out of the hex, down winding corridors and tunnels that become increasingly circuitous, grimier, and less well maintained. The temperature also continues to drop, till thick clouds of white smoke come out of your mouths with each breath. Georgy and Leetus blather on and on, and banter back and forth during the journey, which overall takes about thirty minutes on foot.

Eventually the acolytes exit out of a tunnel and into what appears to be a large and foul smelling junkyard. Metal pipes jut out of the ground between piles of scrap, burping out plumes of sulfurous yellow smoke. The dirty ground sparkles with shattered glass where it pokes out between heaps of trash. Erected in the middle of the yard is a large shanty structure, seemingly cobbled together from scrap and spit. The large wooden doors are guarded by a pair of older looking gangers, also dressed in red and purple, each holding a beat up looking stub rifle. A tattered banner hangs above entrance, depicting three poorly drawn ryders in the colors of red and purple.

The first guard, a punk with a greasy spiked mohawk and a toothy grin steps up to Georgy and asks, "These the Guilders?" Georgy affirms that it is, and the ganger then points his rifle at the group of acolytes and insists, "Alright, hand over your weapons, before we let you in to see the boss."

(OOC: Please clearly state what weapons you hand over, and if you dare, those that you don't hand over)
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Arl unshouldered his rifle and handed it over, then his sword, then his throwing knives and his fighting knife.
    Last edited by Wyndeward; 2020-05-28 at 07:33 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Tilting his head, Xerros-926 runs the dialect through his translation coils, but can make neither head not tail of it.

Although he hands over his lascarbine and laspistol, he stubbornly keeps hold of his staff. It would be unseemly for a priest of the Adeptus Mechanicus to go without an icon of his faith, after all.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella unholstered her clean, modern-looking laspistol, and spun it around on her index finger in order to hand it over grip-first. It was a neat little trick she had committed to muscle memory over a day, as not only was it very satisfying to produce but she liked to think it would give her a deceptive edge. When others witnessed her do this little trademark, the first idea that would pop into their head was that she was some sort of gun-slinger, and they would adapt their behaviour towards her in accord.

That was her reasoning anyway. She just hoped she didn't have to explain it to anyone, otherwise it might be one of those sounds-great-in-her-head-but-silly-when-trying-to-explain-it moments for her.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marcella has two weapons: her gun and her brain.

She has given them one of these weapons.

(it's the gun)
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2020-05-29 at 04:06 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Severine maintained a collected demeanor as they were led to the gangers hovel, and took a moment to inspect their surroundings with a trained eye. Handing over their weapons was expected, though an unpleasant thought. To be surrounded by such scum and be unarmed was not ideal, but Severine wasn’t going to jeopardize their assignment with bluster and bravado.

The Sister clipped the belt that held her revolver, and handed it over to the guard without a word.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Giving up the gun. Still leaning on the staff, unless they make a big deal about it. If they do press her on the staff, she’ll give it up with a bit of a glare but not much else.

"Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The second guard, a younger man with a shaved and tattooed head comes forwards and begins collecting the weapons of the acolytes. He quickly pads each of them down, making sure they are giving up everything. He makes no attempts to remove anyone's staff.

He eyes Xerros with extra caution and curiosity, even going so far as to bring his face close to the tech priest's so that he can sniff at him.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    I'm going to wait for Dojango, but if nothing by tomorrow morning, will just move things forwards.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

> Before they're in the company of the Gun-Grabbers <

Having heard the greasy, gross gangers snicker to each other in their own tongue...and understanding it, Marcella waited until there was distracting noise and a bit of distance between herself and the gangers, before whispering into Xerros' ear. Or at least what passed for an ear.

"Their boss wants to know who is bankrolling the Sabay. They think it might be a noble. Might be useful."

Her information delivered, she resumed a normal walking position and continued.

> End Prelude <

Marcella had nothing else on her. Her knife and grenade were at home.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2020-05-29 at 07:38 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis unslings his bow and lays it against the wall. Then he pulls his flintlock pistol out of its holster and hands it over to the man. When the guard searches him and finds the axe, he looks confused for a moment, and says, "S' not a weapon, it's a tool." But he hands it over nonetheless.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baldy sneers at Luis' comment about the ax, and snatches it away with a grumble. The entire party successfully disarmed, Georgy says, "Right den, follow me an' I'll introduce yous and all." He and Leetus push past the two armed gangers through the large wooden double doors.

The acolytes enter into a large hallway filled with a hodge podge of benches, long mess hall tables, and plastic chairs. They pass a group of kids huddled in one corner playing dice, where it looks like they are betting with rounds of a stub revolver. The gangers look up from their game with curious guarded stares. Elsewhere a pair of gangers huddle over mess tables scarfing down plates of what look like roasted mutated bugs. The skeletal looking kids, vigorously shovel handfuls of the insects into their mouths, far less interested with the new

The acolytes pass through the hall to the back, where a man older and better groomed than his followers, sits at a rich wooden desk. He is thin and dressed in thick synthetic robes of Clan Tora colors. His dark hair and goatee are slick and threaded with thin copper wire, and his eyes are lined with some form of black jellied liner. He appears to be working on a data slate, and as the acolytes approach, he looks up from his work and grins. Even from meters away, the acolytes can smell the thick cloying aroma of obscura coming from this man.

"Boss, these are the Credit Guilders I told you about," Georgy says with an excited grin and an almost comical salute.

The man rises, and splays his hands out towards the acolytes. "Welcome," he says with a salesman's grin, "thank you for coming to my... humble abode." At his black leather belt, you can see a holstered fine leather pistol.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Arl bowed his head, acknowledging the welcome and looked to the others to speak.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis also gives a deep bow, in the style he'd been taught to while working for the rogue trader. "Glad to meet you, boss. Yeah, we're with the Credit Guild. And you're the man we wanted to see. Management wants us to do a little fact-finding down here about some of our borrowers. Seems like they might be getting up to something that it would look real bad for the Credit Guild to be involved in, yeah? So maybe we need a little help in... removing the problem... permanently..."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella gave a little head-bow when the Boss Man looked her way, but otherwise remained quiet. So far she was used to not saying much in public to those who they met, but when in private, she was feeling more useful.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Pleasure," the man says warmly, "My... associates call me Boss Ezruth, though you can simply call me by my first name, Lazar if you prefer." His eyes narrow at first at Luis' proposal, but when they relax, his grin only widens. In reply Boss Ezruth says, "Dare I make an assumption as to whom these troublesome borrows may be? You bring quiet the interesting... offer to me. How much support would the Credit Guild be looking to provide?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis waves his hands in an expansive gesture and says, "I suppose it depends on your needs. And your finances. Our bean counters," he nods in the direction of Marcella and Sister Severine "might take a look at yer books to get an idea of what will work best for you. But before we do that... we need to repossess some dangerous and valuable equipment that some idiot has been dragging around these halls. Only once that's done will we be in a position to do business."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Boss Ezruth's eyebrows raise at the idea of his finances being reviewed, though he maintains his mask like grin. Struggling to prevent his facade from cracking he asks, "What dangerous and valuable equipment might you be looking for?" His voice hastens and he adds, "I hope you haven't been listening to rumors spread by Boss Half Face and his thugs. We have only the most humble of arms with which to defend ourselves from the Sabay."

(OOC: Just as a reminder, it's the Sabay who were trading for the Xenos weapons; the deal interrupted by Ezruth and his gang)
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis nods towards the tech-priest. "The... technical adviser knows the specifics. Some sort of weapons... if it gets out that they're being used down here, this place will be crawling with riot cops an' soldiers shootin' up the place. Very bad for business. And when they're done, they'll probably just draft everyone they find into a penal legion or turn them in ta servitors. You know, the usual. Also bad for business. So the credit guild wants ta find this **** and... dispose of it properly... and maybe make sure that the people responsible don't do it again? But... quiet-like."

(OOC: Yeah, I know it's the other gang that had the stuff. The plan is basically to get this guy's support in helping us find the xenotech. The carrot is the promise of loans and the stick is oh ****, the arbites are going to blow up the whole underhive if they find out)

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The gang boss' confidence seems to return to his face, his eyes lighting with an almost feral confidence. "Well I assure you sir that we have nothing to truly hide," he says flatly, "although of course you must understand the... lawless nature of. Not even the local enforcers will brave these streets, preferring to stick to the rail stop in the underhive. So let's start talking figures." The hungry grin only spreads across Boss Ezruth's face, and his fingers begin to fidget with a greedy sort of excitement.

By now the other gangers throughout the hall have begun creeping closer, so that there is now a loose net encircling the group.

(OOC: Other players can certainly chime in if they have anything to do or say)
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Resting his staff in the crook of his shoulder, Xerros-926 makes the sign of the Cog to the gang boss, but says nothing.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: I know I've been very busy, but am I missing something? Anyone waiting on me for something?)
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Like always, Marcella stood there quietly, her brown eyes moving between the boss and her crewmates. She said nothing and tried minimising her presence, preferring to be on the peripherals and out of notice.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Allowing her senses to float out along the threads of the warp that separated this reality from the other side, Marcella pushed back her awareness of those in the large hall and noted the pair of individuals in a room off to the side of the hall. Her senses pushed farther and farther; the guards at the door, a couple more gangers out behind the building standing sentry... and what was this? It was the same presence from the airducts... they were nearby somewhere... could they be listening in, following the acolytes?
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

While the others talked, Marcella's mind wandered. The presence of others in the compound was of no surprise...but the ones in the air ducts piqued her interest.

Externally, Marcella perked an eyebrow and turned her head to look in the direction of the interlopers. Did they belong here?

On one hand, it wasn't beyond the realm of possibility that this gang-leader had a snoop that kept a watch on hi whole crew, slithering about the air-ducts here and elsewhere to keep him informed. But that seemed quite elaborate...

On the other, and far more likely probability, was that they were spies.

Reaching into her cloak, Marcella withdrew a datapad and a writing instrument. Ignoring any odd looks, the Psyker drew on her pad, creating a silent communication that could not be listened in to.

Once completed, she gently reached it forward and offered it to Luis:

'We're being listened to. South air ducts.'

Catching his attention and locking eyes with him, she gestured to Boss Ezruth in an unspoken question of whether she should show him or not.

If she should:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marcella looks at Ezruth, and turns the pad around t reveal to him the words she had written. With her free hand, she made the 'talking' gesture of moving her fingers up and down against her thumb, while mouthing 'Keep talking'.

If she shouldn't:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marcella tucked the pad away, allowing Luis and the others to decide what to reveal to Ezruth, if anything.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis looked at the writing on the datapad. He turned it over. Weird squiggles. One of these years he'd have to learn him some letters. He shrugged and passed it back to Marcella. "I ain't the numbers guy. How abouts you tell our bean-counters what you think you'd need to secure a bigger share o' the underhive trade, and they'll crunch the numbers?"

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

It was lucky that Marcella had a strong mind, for it is what stopped her from staring dumbfounded at her illiterate compatriot with a combination of exhaustion and dread. Instead, she remained exactly as she was...and tilted her hands by several degrees so that the rest of her crew could see what she had written.