New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: IC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

As if on cue, Severine steps forward, joining Luis and Marcella at the boss' table. "It would be my pleasure to help," the Sister says with a warm smile and a curt bow at the neck. She turns to Marcella and says, "Low accountant Jan, would you please hand me your data pad?" She holds a hand out to take Marcella's data pad, and reviews the Psyker's message.

As if deep in thought she says, "This is interesting. Very interesting." Severine looks up and says with a grin, "Well if these figures are correct, and your documents all check out... well it looks like we'd be able to lend you and your associates one hundred thousand thrones."

Boss Ezruth's eyes light up with excitement, a foolish hungry grin spreading across his face. As the boss delights over his possible purse, Severine catches Marcella's eye and furtively shakes her head "no".
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

His eyes flickering over the message that the psyker had written on her datapad, Xerros-926 continues to maintain the facade of normalcy. Knowledge is power, after all. Instead of focussing his attention on the conversation between the gang leader and the adept, Xerros instead looks at the weapons that the gangers had on display, playing the part of the cobgboy more concerned with technology than anything else.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Morovir View Post
    His eyes flickering over the message that the psyker had written on her datapad, Xerros-926 continues to maintain the facade of normalcy. Knowledge is power, after all. Instead of focussing his attention on the conversation between the gang leader and the adept, Xerros instead looks at the weapons that the gangers had on display, playing the part of the cobgboy more concerned with technology than anything else.
    Arl stood watch, eyeing the gang leader and his minions, trying to ignore the pain in his leg. He shifted his weight to his good leg, in an effort to relieve the ache.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As far as Xerros could ascertain, most of the gangers were armed with some form or another of pistol. Most had stub revolvers, though a few had autopistols.

They've now gathered tightly around the acolytes and Boss Ezruth's desk. Some of them point and jeer at the more "foreign" looking members of the Credit Guild, such as the Tech Priest and some of the more feral appearing individuals.

One, an older looking boy with a head of greasy spiked blue hair walks up to Arl and with a **** eating grin says, "What backwards mud bucket of a world did yous come from?"
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella liked this. Though she spoke little and had no real say in the overall strategic direction their group was going, she was having a large influence over the tactical situation. The moment with the fetid rats earlier, and now with spotting the hidden eavesdroppers, the Psyker was feeling quiet, but indispensable.

But, she couldn't get a big head. No pun intended. So, Marcella withdrew her datapad back to her person and filed it away into the folds of her coat. Once more, her lips were sealed, as she looked up and about at the gaggle of canting gangers with her large, brown eyes.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2020-06-14 at 08:42 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Well, this is wonderful," Boss Ezruth exclaims, clapping his hands together. He looks from Luis, to Severine to Marcella and says, "I will have our records gathered on a data slate, and will have it brought to you by tomorrow morning." He glances at the gathered thugs, a shooting them a stern glance for a moment and says, "Is there anything else you will need, or that we can be in assistance with?" He rubs his hands together in the most greedy of gestures.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    As far as Xerros could ascertain, most of the gangers were armed with some form or another of pistol. Most had stub revolvers, though a few had autopistols.

They've now gathered tightly around the acolytes and Boss Ezruth's desk. Some of them point and jeer at the more "foreign" looking members of the Credit Guild, such as the Tech Priest and some of the more feral appearing individuals.

One, an older looking boy with a head of greasy spiked blue hair walks up to Arl and with a **** eating grin says, "What backwards mud bucket of a world did yous come from?"
    "I hail from Kesh. It is a place where you can breathe the air without coughing and hunt the game and actually have it be worth eating. "

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The punk snorts and gives Arl a queer sort of look. "Kesh?" he asks in ignorant confusion, "never heard of it. Are the women there as ugly as yous?" He slaps his knee and guffaws, satisfied with his joke. Some of the nearby gang members also snicker.

But Boss Ezruth speaks up, his voice rising with furious disapproval. "Leave our honored guests alone," he commands, and the boy with the spiky red hair goes rigid.

He stumbles back from Arl as if struck and whimpres, "I'm sorry boss. Yes of course. My apologies."

Boss Ezruth walks over to Arl, and resting a ring encrusted hand on the offworlder's shoulder says, "My apologies for Skiff's lack of courtesy good sir. I hope you do not take offense."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219

Beholder

The punk snorts and gives Arl a queer sort of look. "Kesh?" he asks in ignorant confusion, "never heard of it. Are the women there as ugly as yous?" He slaps his knee and guffaws, satisfied with his joke. Some of the nearby gang members also snicker.

But Boss Ezruth speaks up, his voice rising with furious disapproval. "Leave our honored guests alone," he commands, and the boy with the spiky red hair goes rigid.

He stumbles back from Arl as if struck and whimpres, "I'm sorry boss. Yes of course. My apologies."

Boss Ezruth walks over to Arl, and resting a ring encrusted hand on the offworlder's shoulder says, "My apologies for Skiff's lack of courtesy good sir. I hope you do not take offense."
    "None taken -- beginnings are fragile things and should not be allowed to be ruined by a single insult, most likely meant in jest. Customs differ and we all should make allowances... Besides, I have few places to put him," Arl said, rolling up a sleeve to expose scarification on his arm.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ezruth's eyes widen when he sees the mangled knots of tissue that cover Arl's arm. "Most understanding," he says between clenched teeth. He eyes the one called Skiff, who bows his head and with eyes staring at his boot says, "My apologies Sir Guilder."

Boss Ezruth claps his hands together, and says with finality, "Very good then. Is there anything else you will need from us? Otherwise, I can have you seen to the entrance, where your arms shall be returned to you."

(OOC: Shall we move on to the next scene?)
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis shrugs. "As I say, we have some repo work to do. A guide or three to these streets would not be amiss."

12. - Top - End - #222

Goblin

As they leave, Xerros-926 makes the sign of the Cog to Ezruth again, speaking for the first time:

"Blessing: May the Omnissiah favour you and your guns never jam."

He felt it couldn't hurt to keep things sweet with the gangers whilst they were still outnumbered and outgunned.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ezruth chuckles at Luis' suggestion and replies, "Perhaps that can be arranged at some point, though I'm certain that based on the equipment you five were carrying that you are pretty capable of taking care of yourselves down here. And I'm sure no one would be stupid enough to attack Credit Guilders." He claps Luis on the back, and practically starts shooing him and the others towards the door, saying, "And besides, I don't know how much your host Url would appreciate my boys taking up space around his hovel." He chuckles at this as well.

As the group exits the gang's hideout, their gear is returned to them, and an extensive check confirms that nothing has been pilfered, damaged, or rigged.

Boss Ezruth makes sure that Georgy and Leetus guide the group back to Url's hab. And them man seems relieved to have the acolytes back, making it clear how much he disapproves of The Tora, as well as the Sabay.

It is much later in the evening (planetary midnight; not that there is any change to the brightness of the underhive lamps) when Harl Kandor comes knocking at the door of Url's hab. He wears a large heavy cloak around his armored shoulders, and his two pistols are visible at his worn leather belt. When the acolytes come to the door he flashes his rougish grin and says, "Glad to see you five have survived so far. Hope you aren't finding this toxic hellhole too inhospitable." He grin quickly fades though, and his eyes turn cold when he asks, "So, do you have the promised thirty thrones?"
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis has the thrones in a small bag ready and tosses it to the man. "Master Xerros is ready to go. Don't lead us astray, lest you face the wrath of the machine god."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Darn Dojango, very generous of you. I assume you are giving up all 30, and have subtracted 30 thrones from your character box, knocking Louis from 74 to 44 thrones. But let me know if the group is pooling their money or something, and I will correct this.

Harl accepts the small pouch readily. He takes a step back, and keeping one hand by his belted holster, sifts through the contents of the bag. A pleased grin spreads across his face after a moment's appraisal, and looking up he says, "Very good. Let us proceed then."

The rogue leads the acolytes out through the streets, which are mostly empty at this hour; though there is still no difference in pollution. The groups footsteps, and the constant trickle of toxic sewage in the gutters is the only noise in the underhive, but still, Harl Kandor seems to pause now and then, checking down an alley or putting his ear to the wind. It is clear that the man knows how to navigate these streets, and once or twice Harl actually forces the group to pause and wait, or double back, though it's never quiet clear what all the paranoid behaviors are for.

The roads become more narrow, more poorly lit, and sometimes wind down into low tunnels that force the acolytes crouch down. The farther into the depths of the Underhive that Harl leads the acolytes, the colder it becomes. The walls become covered with a glossy shimmer of frozen toxic run off, and brown dirty stalagmites hang from the low ceilings at intervals where cracks have appeared in the rockrete.

Eventually, a tunnel opens up into a large rundown cityscape. The ground here barely paved, and waist high piles of garbage dot the streets. Small rivers of brackish toxic waste trickle across the ground, often pooling at the bases of the trash heaps. The few hab buildings in this hex are completely abandoned. Some are toppled over, others completely boarded up.

Harl leads the group about twenty paces into the Hex, when he suddenly pauses, his body stiffening, and his right hand producing his fine las pistol as if by magic. Looking back at the acolytes, he raises a finger to his lips to ask for silence, his eyes narrowed in dead seriousness.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Please be clear as to what weapons and armor you have brought with you, and lets start with everyone giving me an awareness roll please.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226

Beholder

Harl leads the group about twenty paces into the Hex, when he suddenly pauses, his body stiffening, and his right hand producing his fine las pistol as if by magic. Looking back at the acolytes, he raises a finger to his lips to ask for silence, his eyes narrowed in dead seriousness.

Show
    Please be clear as to what weapons and armor you have brought with you, and lets start with everyone giving me an awareness roll please.
    Arl has his trusty scoped rifle, along with his compliment of throwing knives, his sword and his knife.

(1d100)[25] against a 35

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Watching Harl stiffen like a deer who senses a nearby predator, Marcella once again threw her senses across the web of the Warp around them - her mind searching and spying for the essence of life that lurked all around them like the human radar she was.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sense Presence: (1D10+5)[10]

Marcella is wearing her flak vest underneath her coat, she has a laspistol on her hip and magazines on her person. She has her knife, her psi-focus and a frag grenade.

Last edited by BananaPhone; 2020-06-21 at 06:52 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis has his trusty axe and pistol. His bow is a pain to manuever through the tight spaces, but he wouldn't leave it behind either. Watching where Harl points, he narrows his eyes to peer into the gloom.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[100] v. 29

19. - Top - End - #229

Goblin

Fully-armed, as the Omnissiah willed, Xerros-926 follows Harl as he leads them through the narrow streets. As he comes to a halt, he casts his gaze about him, trying to locate the source of the disturbance.

Show
    Carrying laspistol, lascarbine and staff. Wearing flak vest.

Awareness: (1d100)[26] TN 17

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: What Arl Knows
    Show
    It's hard to discern over the constant drip of drain off, and the trickling noise of rivulets of toxic waste, but when Arl pauses, he can hear the distant sound of footsteps splashing through the muck. The sound is distant, and it's hard for Arl to figure out just how many pairs of splashing feet there are, but he can see why Harl stopped all of a sudden.

Spoiler: What Marcella Knows
    Show
    Marcella reaches her awareness out through the warp, her mind
    sending probing fingers out through the junk yard.

She picks up on the frantic feral mind of hundreds of Ryders and other lesser rodents. Most of them are foraging through the trash heaps or pushing their way through underground or above ground tunnels.

But out about thirty meters, in what would be forward and to the right, Marcella picks up on about four human minds. Their presence is familiar, carrying a certain young and pugnacious arrogance.

Spoiler: What Luis and Xerros Know
    Show
    Neither Luis or Xerros can tell while in the Emperor's name Harl and the others have stopped. All they hear is the patter of upper hive run off, and the occasional rustle in a garbage heap.

Harl pads closer to the acolytes, and with dead seriousness under his breath says, "Quiet now. Up ahead," and he points over to an areas where there is a high density of trash piles that gather so high, one would have to climb on their hands and knees to get over them.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231

Beholder

Harl pads closer to the acolytes, and with dead seriousness under his breath says, "Quiet now. Up ahead," and he points over to an areas where there is a high density of trash piles that gather so high, one would have to climb on their hands and knees to get over them.
    Arl unslings his rifle and assumes a shooter's crouch.

"Lead on -- I'll cover you and come across last."

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"You see something? Shoot it, we can ask questions later."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Once again, Marcella's eyebrows perked as she detected the presence of four beings...laying in ambush?

Without saying anything, she waves her hand to Harl and the group at large to grab their attention. Looking in the direction in which she detected the four interlopers, she pointed several times in their direction, then made a "right turn" sign with her hand. Then she held up her right hand with four fingers extended.

Her message was clear: up ahead and to the right there were 4 people waiting.

24. - Top - End - #234

Goblin

Readying his lascarbine, Xerros-926 prepares himself for the combat to come.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

In a whisper Harl says, "Okay, we'll move around the side of that heap over there, then up, and try to get a view of them first. If any of you can move quietly, come with me."

After a quick discussion, Harl leads whatever Acolytes are following down a narrow path made by the mounds of garbage. He moves cautiously, stepping around the puddles and rivulets so as not to create noise with splashing.

(OOC: Anyone following Harl, please give me a Stealth +10 roll. Those not following are not exempt from getting anything else done should they so choose)
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236

Goblin

Although he yearns to follow the scavenger and be amongst the first to lay eyes on what is to come, Xerros-926 is well aware of his form's limitations. He would be nought but a hindrance in efforts of stealth. Instead, he checks his lascarbine again and mutters a brief prayer to the Omnissiah, preparing himself to provide covering fire should matters go awry.

27. - Top - End - #237

Beholder

In a whisper Harl says, "Okay, we'll move around the side of that heap over there, then up, and try to get a view of them first. If any of you can move quietly, come with me."

After a quick discussion, Harl leads whatever Acolytes are following down a narrow path made by the mounds of garbage. He moves cautiously, stepping around the puddles and rivulets so as not to create noise with splashing.

(OOC: Anyone following Harl, please give me a Stealth +10 roll. Those not following are not exempt from getting anything else done should they so choose)
    Arl carefully picked his way along the narrow path.

Spoiler: OOC - Dice Roll
    Show
    (1d100)[94] against a 46

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC@Wynward
    Show
    Unless you want to spend a Fate Point here

The Bear tribesman sniper sets out to follow Harl Kandor, but after only a few steps there is the loud explosion of shattering glass. The soldier's heavy boot had shattered a sheet of shin glass that had previously been nearly see-through, and now was spider webbed into hundreds of small fragments.

The noise had practically echoed in the relative silence of the waste yard, and all those who had followed Kandor could not help but turn to stare at Alr. Almost instantly from nearby one of the goons calls out, "Oy, what was that?" Which is followed by the sudden unsurreptitious splashing of approaching footsteps.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Luis quietly drew his flintlock pistol and checked that it was still loaded. He then aimed it towards the voices.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is there any cover? Broken pillars, convenient rocks, that sort of thing?

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Luis can see that here is plenty of cover, and perhaps even a few hiding places if he wishes to seek them out. Of course, most of the cover is nothing more loose piles of scrap metal and junk. There are also some large pieces of rusted machinery strewn about. Most of the garbage comes up to at least waist height, though some comes nearly up to one's shoulders, creating small hills that one could hide behind, or perhaps even climb up.
    Show