New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Age of Ashes In-Game Group A

"Well, I suppose you could say that. But it's a matter of perspective y'see. To me, the world's changed so drastically as to be a whole new thing. It's a good thing really, back then we knew all there was to know. But now? Tgere's a whole new world to explore and all new things to see! I might 'envy' missing the Earthfall, but now I have a chance to explore!"

That said, Aketes looks about, they'd reached the plaza outside of the town hall and the crowds were starting to form.

"Looks like things are about to get started. I hope we get some interesting quest. It's been a while since I've had a real adventure!"
    Last edited by gargoyleking; 2020-04-05 at 05:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

You slowly gather around the town hall and see quite a crowd has gathered. There are over 40 adults and various children watching for who might come answer the call. As they soothe obvious outlanders they point and talk excitedly. A few seem star-struck. You see one particular goblin woman pacing back and forth muttering something to herself, seeming in distress.
    Spoiler: BramsesII research
    Show
    [secret=BramsesII]You spend a few hours perusing the available reports. The layout of the castle is not exactly secret (especially since it has been abandoned for quite a number of years), but you can't quite find everything about it. You find a rough blueprint of the outside of the castle that includes all the public spaces on the North side of the castle, where all the official functions were held. You come across enough accounts of recruits and armigers to fill in most of the South side, though there isn't any information about the testing rooms beyond their entrances and the rumors about what was involved.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Most rooms are self-explanatory, but if you have found enough information to have some context of what the function of each room was, so this map will help you with any recall knowledge checks you make about the castle if you get the chance to explore it. The courtyard was where drills were held to mock war and drill responses. It is set down a few feet, so there are stairs leading down from the entrances to the North and South. There are stairs that wrap around and lead up to the ramparts on top. The boxed X marks an entrance to stairs leading down to some catacombs and below-ground storage.
    [/secret]
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2020-04-06 at 02:37 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Vlox approaches the distraught goblin woman, and gives an emphatic bow and a flourish of his wrist, "greetings, madam! You are the first fellow goblin I have seen in this town! Allow me to introduce myself - I am Vlox, son of Grag the Fantabulous."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Pyran Myers

Pyran follows Vlox to the gathering. He ignores the few odd looks and listens as Vlox speaks to the distraught goblin woman.
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

5. - Top - End - #35

GnomeWizardGuy

Aketes heads in the same durection but finds himself acosted by a group of had mysteriously slipped the leashes of their parents and were far too interested in Arktos. The bear started to get nervous from all of the comotion, and seeing the danger signs, Aketes rapped his staff soundly on the flagstones several times to get their attention.

"Now listen up! I'll let you all have your chance, but Arktos here isn't like any old city dog! Make him angry and you're liable to lose a hand. One at a time, and do as I show you so as not to make him feel threatened.

You, what's your name? Timmy? Okay, you can go first. Everyone else back off a few paces and wait your turn..."

Aketes wasn't much of a people persin himself, but he identified with children and knew how to handle them without driving them off. The parents were another matter though, and a few kids were called away by concerned adults.

6. - Top - End - #36

Vlox approaches the goblin woman and hears her mumbling "...“My Bumblebrashers,” she laments in a distraught tone. “Why haven’t I heard from my Bumblebrashers? Are my people trapped in the citadel?”

When Vlox speaks up, she looks around briefly before straightening and assuming a dignified pose as she addresses herself to the fellow goblin. "We are not usually so rare, but I apologize, I should not have been so distracted. Nice to meet you, Vlox, son of Grag the Fantabulous. I am Warbal, ambassador to the Bumblebrasher goblins of Hellknight Hill. It is my great honor to serve my fellow citizens of Breachill as the town's official representative to the Bumblebrashers. I communicate with the Bumblebrashers, convey the town's concerns and interests to them, and advocate on the tribe's behalf back to the town. It is a duty I take very seriously -- they are my people after all. Hence why I am here today and my rather distracted nature. I do hope you'll forgive me."

Aketes interacts with the children making a spectacle of himself. No one seems overly offended or put off, just taking another strange outsider in stride. The children that are left listen and line up to greet the bear.

Spoiler: Warbal
    Show

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Feel free to continue talking to Warbal or interacting with the crowd around the Town Hall. The doors are not yet open and you can tell the crowd is also awaiting the Call of Heroes to start, so you haven't missed anything yet.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Tristiel

Having found the map, Tristiel looks at the half-orc. "Is it alright if I make a copy of this?" If so, she'll begin diligently copying the map including the notes until the call for heroes begins. If not, she'll just write down some notes with interesting information.
    Characters in play:

8. - Top - End - #38

Spoiler: BramsesII
    Show
    Sorry I wasn't clear. You didn't find a single map that had everything, but the archivist allowed you to copy the master plans that showed the size and shape of the castle, and you filled in the rest from reading around, and those notes are effectively your own. So that is all yours. You may also join the others as they are talking to Warbal.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Vlox replies to the goblin in his most heroic voice, "no forgiveness is necessary, Ambassador Warbal. Concern for one's people is always warranted. You fear they are trapped in the citadel? Please tell me more."

10. - Top - End - #40

GnomeWizardGuy

Aketes leaned against his slingstaff supervising tge children as they took their turns playing with his companion. He smiled as he recounted meeting the animal and explaining that Arktos was the last of his kind, a relic of the time before the earthfall, and that he too was from the ancient past. Of course, that spawned a myriad of 'serious questions' regarding his supposed age; the fact that he didn't have a million wrinkles, how he didn't have a grey beard that should obviously hang about his feet and trip him up when walking, and how come there weren't giant bears as tall as houses today anyways?

Eventually, Aketes had to shoo the children away as he simply didn't know some of the answers. Looking around he noted the paur of goblins and the ever growing crowd. Deciding to take some initiative he led Arktos across to the council building and stood close to the doors, asking the guards if he could go in first so as to find an out-of-the way corner to sit and thus keep his 'pet' out of trouble.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Tariq ibn al-Quershi
    HP's: 21 of 21 | AC: 16 | Fort: 7 | Ref: 6 | Will: 7 | Per: 5
    Conditions: None.

Tariq watched as the crowd began to form around the square, a goblin delegate of sorts was approached by another, larger, broader of her kind, and they spoke in the high-pitched, accented common tongue, so quickly that Tariq had difficulty following the conversation. He was able to pick out a few key phrases, Bumblebrashers, likely some sort of clan or community. A man of medium height lurked behind the green-skin warrior, long dark hair, and an ornate staff, seemed to be listening careful, his vibrant green eyes scanning the crowd.

He also noted a short, stout, warrior, a staff with a y-branch and a leather pouch, accompanied by a young bear, the size of a horse. It was impressive, it's claws clicking on the cobblestone, however it seemed well trained, children climbing upon it's shoulder's under the watchful eye of it's halfling master. He hopped down from the fountain wall he had been seated on, and approached the sling bearing halfling warrior, ensuring he kept a careful watch upon the young grizzly bear behind him.

The short, dusky skinned youth nodded at Aketes, Tariq was dressed in light cotton and silks, hopes of silver and copper jangled on his wrists, a sash of vibrant red encircled his waist, and a vest wrippled in the soft breeze, his chest muscled and well defined with lithe corded muscles. A long hafted weapon rested across his shoulders, a broad leaf shaped head topped the spear. "An impressive companion, I have seen similar in the courts, though the owners were much more cruel than you appear to be, armed with whips, their companions shackled ankles, harsh words forcing the creature to dance for the pleasure of nobles." His Taldan was heavily accented, his vowels clipped and sharped, it was obviously not his native tongue. He paused, looking at the bear and it's dark, expressive eyes, "It made me sad as a child, to see such majesty demeaned in that manner. You have impressive rapport with the creature, that children can climb upon it and pull it's coat without earning so much as a growl."

He bowed, extending one foot ahead of the other, his rear leg bending at the knee as he brought fist to palm, and bowed his head, all while balancing his long spear across his shoulders. "I forget my manners, I am Tariq ibn al-Quershi, devoted disciple of Irori, trained in the fabled Halls of Tar Kuata."

12. - Top - End - #42

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Pathfinder animal companions start out small, so the bear is only about as tall as Aketes himself is. I standard feat progression only allows it to grow up to large size. If the game goes on that long who knows, maybe there'll be an option to let it grow to huge size. But for now, he's just a larger than normal bear cub and the rest is purely fluff based loosely off of a historical animal.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short-faced_bear

Aketes looks up at the newcomber and smiles at the appreciative comments. He'd actually specifically insteucted the children NOT to grab fur or to yank on Arktos anywhere and though he'd done his best it'd happened once or twice but he'd put a stop to it quickly enough to keep the animal from emitting even the barest of telling growls.

"Oh he's a lot more uncommon than you might expect. Fortunately, I have a way with animals, and Arktos here has been well trained. The hardest part was teaching him that claws and teeth weren't for playtime. I've a few scars from the teaching. He's dependable though, especially for one so young."

"Tariq, you say? I'm Aketes Xin-Edasseril. Are you here for the Call to heroes as well?"
    Last edited by gargoyleking; 2020-04-09 at 01:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Tariq ibn al-Quershi

Tariq nodded, "Master Xin-Edasseril, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintence. I am, in fact, attending to Guild Mistress Tarindlara Vallindel of Shelyn's Smile. She has instructed me to make myself available to the Council to assist in local matters on her behalf." He watched the guardsmen around the town hall carefully, waiting for entrance so he could offer what assistace he could in the matters currently facing the council.

14. - Top - End - #44

GnomeWizardGuy

Ajetes nodded, not quite sure what that entailed but understanding that he would possibly be putting himself forward to deal with whatever problems would present themselves.

"I'm mainly here on a whim, I was passing through the country when I heard of this Call to Heroes business and thought it sounded like it might provide a new and interesting experience. I do hope we get some strange and interesting quest. Maybe exploring that old keep up on the hill."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Tristiel

Having gathered all the useful information she can on the citadel, Tristiel picks up her notes and thanks the half-orc. Then, she hurries to the square for the call to heroes.

She approaches a group talking about something or other with a goblin. "Umm... Excuse me. I'm not late for the Call for heroes, am I?"
    Characters in play:

16. - Top - End - #46

Pyran Myers

Pyran listens to the introductions and conversations forgetting to introduce himself as usual.
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Vlox turns to the newcomer, "not at all! I think it will start in a few minutes. Vlox is my name," the chatty goblin make another emphatic bows again, this time to the human. "This is Warbel. She was just telling me about the plight of hte Bramblebashers who she fears are trapped in the citadel."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Tariq ibn al-Quershi

Nodding to Master Xin-Edasseril, he indicated the two goblin-kind who had been joined by a scholarly looking woman with flame-red hair. He politely interjected, "Are you, then," he spoke towards the larger of the green-skinned goblin-kind, "a guardian of your kin, a Bramblebasher yourself?"

OOC: Let's pretend I overheard the conversation, so we can pull together all the PC's into one discussion until the Call for Heroes begins. Heh.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Tristiel

Tristiel smiles at the goblin. "That's good to hear. I'm Tristiel." She bows. "Trapped in the citadel, you say? Interesting... I'd very much like to get a look at the building myself."
    Characters in play:

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"I don't think I'm a Bramblebasher. I am not from around here. They sound like a tribe, not a title. If it is a title, perhaps I can earn it though," he then adds, "as to being a guardian of my kin, I hope to be a guardian for what is right. When that is my kin, sure. But let's be honest, both my kin and yours... ehhh, about 50/50 on that front," Vlox makes a wavering gesture with his hand.

21. - Top - End - #51

Pyran Myers

Pyran listens and then realizes that maybe this is why he was sent. Also maybe this is the topic of the hero's thing. Of course it was!

"I am Pyran Myers and I ... would like to help as well. I have no fancy title. I am a humble servant of Nethys, but I am sure I could help."

22. - Top - End - #52

GnomeWizardGuy

Aketes relaxed a bit as the human's attention was diverted. He looked to the goblins in question he recognized Vlox, but hadn't truly registered Warbal until now. He'd never seen a goblin dressed up so before and was slightly surprised by the sight. But doing his best not to be rude, he bowed to her and smiled. "Aketes Xin-Edasseril, at your service. You seem rather put out, are you expecting to make a request at the call by chance?"

23. - Top - End - #53

With everyone talking to each other, Warbal returns to her own worrying, though she is keeping abreast of what is being said. When the strange halfling addresses her again, she looks at him curiously for a second before answering. "You all seem to be just the heroes I hoped the council might hire on my behalf. But yes, I will be making my petition as is proper in the hall. Come with me into the meeting and listen to my petition. If you are up for my task, I beg you to offer your services to the council. You might be my tribe’s only hope!"

As she finishes speaking the noon day bells ring and a couple of guards step out of the front of the building to hold open the doors for all who wish to enter. The adults send the children off to play or see to their chores as needed and some 40 odd townspeople walk into the building to see what the Call will hold this month. Warbal is one of the first ones through. Once you enter Town Hall, you see a wide hallway with many doors off of it and a guard stationed by the second on the left, directing people to enter in an orderly fashion. It would seem the Hellknights love for order has rubbed off on the town guard as well.

Inside the room is setup like an auditorium, with a carpeted walkway separating several rows of benches into two sections. The carpet leads to a small set of steps and a raised dais. On the dais is a large desk separated into five parts, where the Breachill Town Council’s five members are seated, talking quietly with one another as they wait for the meeting to start. On the desk, situated in front of each chair, are tarnished bronze plaques bearing the names of the council members. From right to left, the names are Jorsk Hinterclaw, Melma Ann Sendari, Greta Gardania, Trini Sprizzlegig, and Quentino Posandi. Melma, Greta, and Quentino are humans, Jorsk is a dwarf, and Trini is a gnome. To either side of the walkway are 8 rows of benches, people slowly taking seats scattered throughout.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    I am describing the inside so you have an idea of what to expect, not trying to force you to go ahead and enter. Feel free to pick where you sit, and I'll start the meeting after everyone is inside and ready to go. You all don't have to sit together, you can find seats where ever you like.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2020-04-14 at 02:23 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

GnomeWizardGuy

Aketes slips in with Arktos as soon as the doors are opened. He brings the bear down to the far end of the right rear-most aisles, hoping to keep his ursine companion out of trouble by keeping it as far from any likely traffic as possible. On his way in he waves pleasantly to the council.

25. - Top - End - #55

Pyran Myers

Pyran sees the door being opened and looks back and forth between the door and the group. "Shall we go in?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Vlox strolls through the doors and heads up to the front benches. He takes whatever seat is available there to afford him the best view of the council.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Tristiel

As the others make their way in Tristiel follows. She takes up a seat near the front where she can get a good look at the council members, and they at her.
    Characters in play:

28. - Top - End - #58

Pyran Myers

Pyran sits up front with the others. Normally he would sit back further to be able to observe more, but a change of perspective is always interesting.

29. - Top - End - #59

With a sharp rap from her gavel onto the desk, a stern, dark-haired woman with a deeply furrowed forehead and kind eyes brings the assembled crowd to a hush. "Welcome, neighbors and friends..." Greta begins, her rich voice washing over the room,"... to the Breachill Town Council's monthly Call for Heroes. I am Council President Greta Gardania, at your service." As she is speaking, she looks around the room making eye contact with as many people as she can.

"On behalf of my colleagues beside me, I promise you all that we will hear and consider today's petition with the utmost discretion and care. There is no existence without community, as our town charter says. Today our agenda includes one petition."
    At that Greta looks over at the little goblin woman, Warbal, and continues.

"Miss Warbal, our very own ambassador to the Bumblebrashers of Hellknight Hill, requests the help of heroes for a matter of utmost importance. Let's hear her concerns in her own words, shall we? Miss Warbal?"

Warbal shakes herself from her worry and emerges from the front row of benches. The well-dressed goblin woman makes her way to the foot of the dais' steps. She clears her throat and begins her address to the council.

"Esteemed councilors," Warbal says, with a frazzled tone to her voice. "It has been more than a month since I've been able to contact the Bumblebrashers. I fear that something terrible has befallen them. What's more, I have seen my people's distress signal coming from the top of Citadel Altaerein--"

Before the goblin can continue her petition, the door on the western side of the room (you entered from the South) flies open, as a young man, his eyes wide with panic, runs in shouting and waving his ink-stained hands. Billowing black smoke and flames follow him into the room: "Fire! There's a fire! Everyone flee!"

The crowd jumps up and, in their haste, knocks over all the benches. There are about 40 townspeople who are either too frightened, too tangled, or otherwise unable to escape. The councilors are making their way to the steps of the dais and reassuring those gathered not to panic and to exit in an orderly fashion, but it is having little effect.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Give me your first round response. You can either help evacuate the townspeople or fight the fire directly. The man who announced the fire is still running for the exit, but in the townspeople's quick escape, they have turned over all the benches, so that terrain is now all considered difficult to pass due to overturned benches. This fire is already taking up a 10x10 area around the west door. The main exit is to the south. I would also appreciate a little stat block behind a spoilerbutton on your post so I can easily see your stats. You are each labeled as the first two letters of your character's name. Let me know if I have placed you incorrectly, tried my best guess based on your descriptions.

Spoiler: map
    Show
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2020-04-22 at 01:49 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

GnomeWizardGuy

Aketes yelps as his bench somehow tilts forward and the bench in front of him topples backwards to meet it. But the halfling is nimble enough not to get caught between them. Struggling to keep his balance. He moves out from the benches and moves up the aisle, calling on the people nearest his side of the benches to come to the open pathway so they can get out more quickly. At the same time he sends Arktos up towards the northeastern corner of the room to get him out of the way of the panicky people.

"come out on this side, the aisle is free and you can get to the door more easily."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Basically, move action, command an animal, and spending an action to help people get dislodged from the benches

Spoiler: Aketes & Arktos
    Show
    Aketes Xin-Edasseril
    Aketes
    Perception: +7, AC: 18, Fort: +7, Ref: +9, Will: +5
    HP: 18/18
    Arktos:
    Perception: +4, AC: 15; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4
    HP: 8/8
    Last edited by gargoyleking; 2020-04-23 at 01:57 AM.