Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default E6 3.5 long campaign recruiting 3-4 players

The end came not at sunset, but an hour after high-sun. Nor did mournful rains mark the city’s passing, as the bards later sang. It was a sweltering summer afternoon, the forest air thick and hazy. Asla was burning, and the acrid smoke of many fires hung heavily in the humid air.
    The captain stood wearily on the shattered flagstones of the courtyard before Castle Asla, and took the measure of his enemies. Thousands of savage warriors- orcs, goblins, gnolls, even ogres- stamped and shouted in the square, roaring and shouting in their guttural tongues, clashing axes and spears on their hide-covered shields or shaking jagged swords in the air. Like a great black sea of blood and steel the horde roiled and swarmed, clogging the marble streets and clinging to the feet of the white towers.

Spoiler: world details
    Show

The world of Aleria
    The Wildlands

Frostgate: Population: 100,000; frostgate is a large city on the fringe of society in the wild lands it is a port town located in the howling pay. Frost gate is ruled by a council of 8 undead wizard kings. Frostgate is larger than it seems due to its slave population and slave soldiers; frostgates population is recorded to how many free citizens live there.

The empire of Tiberius

Whitehedge: Population: 200,000; the capital and home of the empress on the river coming out of the white bay a large metropolis home with a large Aasimar society. Has a rather large port to transport goods and people to Glassholt downs.

Glassholt Downs: Population: 10,000; A large town on the white bay, a large trade town ruled by Duke Tanis an Aasimar Paladin of Heironeous. The town is protected by a paladin order and all parts of the upper nobles in this area send children to the church to learn the martial ways.

Norris Crag: Population: 1,500; A small dwarven mining town. It is renowned for its weapons and armors the paladin order in Glassholt Downs and even many of the empress’s guard wear armor mined from the mines of Norris Crag.

Kingdom of Ostmund

Esterkeep: Population: 55,000; A dwarven citadel home to a large dwarven population and a small minority of gnomes. Esterkeep is said to be unbreachable under the leadership of dwarf high king Orrin. Esterkeep is renowned for its Mithril and adamantine armor and weapons. Sages say the Phalanx forces in their v formations are a terrifying and beautiful sight to see in there orderly and synergetic formations.

Gold Hollow: Population: 1,200; Gold Hollow is a dwarven mining town located on the river and between the bleak mountains and eastern cross mountain ranges. Gold Hollow is renowned for their alchemical heavy gold that they forge into heavy gold weapons.

Witchpyre: Population: 200; Witchpyre is a small gnome settlement home to whisper gnomes and regular gnomes. Witchpyre has said to be one of the quietest places to visit.

Kingdom of Van Lieber

Leiberton: Population: 75,000; A large metropolis the capital of the Kingdom of Van Lieber. Queen Nala an Aasimar cleric of Pelor promotes good health, healing and fertile soil from the sun. Lieberton is home to one of the only paladin order devoted to the sun god Pelor.

Shoal Harbor: Population: 10,000; A large port town who has an extensive navy that protects its surrounding waters from any pirates and receives help from the local merchant guilds.

Pine Deep: Population: 200; Pine deep is a small wood elf village built along the river. Pine deep is protected by an elite group of wood elf rangers that are renowned for their archery.

Summerbank: Population: 500; a small halfling village located on the banks of the river. The Halfling’s have trained some ponies and have a mercenary group called the grinning ponies.

Southbay: Population: 7,200; Southbay is a small city located on the edge of the crimson bay. Southbay is home to eight high captains of various merchant guilds that “battle” over the edge of crimson bay and trading rights.

Elven Kingdom of Valen

Alluna: Population: 35,000; Alluna is an elven metropolis ruled by queen Alluna 9th of her name. Alluna is home to an extensive mage knight order trained in both the martial arts and masters in wizardry. There is a large wizard university trained under masters of the arcane schools all but necromancy. Necromancy is frowned upon in Alluna ever since the creators of Frostgate the ancient undead sorcerer kings stole the books of necromantic knowledge from the libraries of Alluna.

Corven: Population: 2,500; Corven is an elven gray elf fortress located near a small mountain range. Corven is home to some of the strongest wizards in all of Alleria. Alluna sends a rotating contingent of mage knights to help buffer and strengthen Corvens walls from and goblin or orc assaults as well as to patrol the borders of the wilds and to protect from and frostgate bandits.

Greenbriar: Population: 500; Greenbriar is a drow and tiefling village under the rule of a drow leader matron mother Quen’thell a drow cleric of Ehlonna. Greenbriar provides some of the most prized swordsman or women to the armies of Valen.

Empire of Koren

Avgarde: Population: 25,000; Avgarde is the capital of the empire of Avgarde home of the emperor. Located on Lake Koren named after the empire it houses a massive slave population of various races.

The Mysterium: Population: 5; The Mysterium is a tower located on Lake Weir home of the Mysterium family a noble family of ancient undead wizards who help advise the emperor of Koren. It is home to 5 members of the Mysterium family and there loyal undead attendants. Home to some 500 undead soldiers that have served the Mysterium family since ancient times.
    Targas: Population: 5,000; Targas is a small city almost a large city. Targas is a major slave city and houses slave soldiers and some of the most professional and fearless slave soldiers of the empire.

Valbridge: Population: 250; A small village fortress upriver of northbay and home to some of the slave army trained in Targas.

Northbay: Population: 6,500; A small city located on the edge of crimson bay. Northbay houses an extensive navy that frequently comes into conflict with Southbays High Captain ships even though there isn’t open war many ships have been sunk in the conflicts between cities.

Campaign Rules and Character Creation:
    This will be an E6 game following E6 rules with some slight changes. As listed below.
    Level: 3rd level Gestalt
    Stats: 42 point buy
    Starting Wealth: 2,700
    Allowed Races: Human, Elf (all sub-races take level adjustment into effect), Tiefling, Aasimar, Kalashtar, hellbred, half-elf, genasi (forgotten realms races)
    Classes: No factotum or spell to power erudite you can even play prestige classes ignoring the prerequisites of them depending on the prestige class. Ask for dungeon master approval I’d prefer synergetic and story compatible classes. An example of a build could be for a dexterous fighter could be 3rd level swashbuckler/3rd level Duelist
    Or a monastic assassin would be 3rd level monk/3rd level assassin.
    Small Backtory: Players if they want can write up a small backstory but all of the character will currently just arrived or have been in the city of Whitehedge, all of you have received a mysterious letter asking for you to come to Whitehedge to the Mermaids Inn for a call of an adventure with note of rewards and prizes of fame and glory.

Attached was a detailed map of the city and marked was the location of mermaids inn and a date and time of the meeting as well as the list of others called maybe you were all part of a adventuring band up to all of you.
    Last edited by Vossler; 2020-03-25 at 08:55 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: E6 3.5 long campaign recruiting 3-4 players

Hm... what sorts of PCs you looking for?

And how do we handle PrCs that progress other casting?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Hm... what sorts of PCs you looking for?

And how do we handle PrCs that progress other casting?
    interesting concepts and name a prestige class and ill come up with a idea if it progress other casting.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Interesting: In the absence of a 16, I must inquire what type of story are you looking for here?
    Is this the tale of a land and its wars? How much downtime are you expecting?
    Is mass battle to be a thing, or strictly small scale? Are you looking for good guys, bad guys, mix?
    Where is the inn in relation to the fallen city?

5. - Top - End - #5

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Novabomb View Post
    Interesting: In the absence of a 16, I must inquire what type of story are you looking for here?
    Is this the tale of a land and its wars? How much downtime are you expecting?
    Is mass battle to be a thing, or strictly small scale? Are you looking for good guys, bad guys, mix?
    Where is the inn in relation to the fallen city?
    a land and its war kinda a sandbox world so you will have downtime. small scale, and sandbox world after the first intro mission so any kind of character can fit. fallen city part was just to draw interest a bard's tale of sorts.

6. - Top - End - #6

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vossler View Post
    a land and its war kinda a sandbox world so you will have downtime. small scale, and sandbox world after the first intro mission so any kind of character can fit. fallen city part was just to draw interest a bard's tale of sorts.
    i will also get a big 16 up on the first post tomorrow. but the part at the bottom has a lot of the info

7. - Top - End - #7

So, I'm leaning towards being a Psion//Warshaper (from Complete Warrior) Changeling, if Changelings are an acceptable race.

Not sure what I'd do for level 6 of the Warshaper side, but the general idea is someone who's focused on both mental and physical perfection.

Show
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #8

ElfRangerGuy

So, I'm leaning towards being a Psion//Warshaper (from Complete Warrior) Changeling, if Changelings are an acceptable race.

Not sure what I'd do for level 6 of the Warshaper side, but the general idea is someone who's focused on both mental and physical perfection.
    sorry no changling

9. - Top - End - #9

Hm... Okay.

I'd assume Mystic Theurge is right the hell out (since it's basically making it three classes, 'stead of two) so would a plain ol' Psion//Wizard work? Big ol' brainy pants? Might grab some full casting/manifesting PrC instead, but the gist would be a scholar with mighty mental and magical abilities! And perhaps not the best physical ones. :P

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #10

ElfRangerGuy

Hm... Okay.

I'd assume Mystic Theurge is right the hell out (since it's basically making it three classes, 'stead of two) so would a plain ol' Psion//Wizard work? Big ol' brainy pants? Might grab some full casting/manifesting PrC instead, but the gist would be a scholar with mighty mental and magical abilities! And perhaps not the best physical ones. :P
    no mystic theurge but a psion/wizard would work.

11. - Top - End - #11

Okay. Imma be Minion Master! Wizard (Conjurer)//Psion (Shaper)!

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #12

I have made... MELINDA! Master of minions!

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Solba Starfire, is a martial artist focused on mastering their soul fire.

I am thinking something like Fist of Zuken, but drop the BAB//Abjurant Champion, but drop the casting on abjurant champion, and let the abilities apply to psionics?

I think the end result is something that is in line with what you are looking for.

Full bab, full manifesting (sorta, limited number of powers), 2 good saves, monk ac, monk unarmed strike, monk unarmored speed, a few defensive spell boosts.
    Last edited by Novabomb; 2020-03-25 at 11:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sounds interesting. Just wondering about the Genasi. Is the LA +1 applied to both sides or just one for the gestalt levels ? I've always sort of wanted to play one.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Would a Wild Elf Totemist3//BBN1/Bear warrior2 be possible?

And if so, could I re-fluff the bear warrior as an Ape warrior? Same stats and everything but Apeshape.

The background is that he is a savage enrolled as a sailor in the Northbay fleet where he serves as a scout and shock force. in fact it wasn't him but his captain who received the invitation and took him as a bodyguard. They were attacked on their way there and the captain was killed. Kiro is completely illiterate so he can't read the letter, but he used the map to get to the meeting point.

If the bear warrior is too much, I keep it a normal Barbarian//Totemist or a Totemist//Swordsage
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2020-03-26 at 09:26 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Interested, probably Beguiler/Ranger->PBard

17. - Top - End - #17

ElfRangerGuy

Solba Starfire, is a martial artist focused on mastering their soul fire.

I am thinking something like Fist of Zuken, but drop the BAB//Abjurant Champion, but drop the casting on abjurant champion, and let the abilities apply to psionics?

I think the end result is something that is in line with what you are looking for.

Full bab, full manifesting (sorta, limited number of powers), 2 good saves, monk ac, monk unarmed strike, monk unarmored speed, a few defensive spell boosts.
    looks interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok'n'Roll View Post
    Sounds interesting. Just wondering about the Genasi. Is the LA +1 applied to both sides or just one for the gestalt levels ? I've always sort of wanted to play one.
    one side of the gestalt
    Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    Would a Wild Elf Totemist3//BBN1/Bear warrior2 be possible?

And if so, could I re-fluff the bear warrior as an Ape warrior? Same stats and everything but Apeshape.

The background is that he is a savage enrolled as a sailor in the Northbay fleet where he serves as a scout and shock force. in fact it wasn't him but his captain who received the invitation and took him as a bodyguard. They were attacked on their way there and the captain was killed. Kiro is completely illiterate so he can't read the letter, but he used the map to get to the meeting point.

If the bear warrior is too much, I keep it a normal Barbarian//Totemist or a Totemist//Swordsage
    yes ape warrior is allowed.
    I have made... MELINDA! Master of minions!
    looks interesting

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Hmmm, how about Swordsage//???. Have to think about it
    . .-. .-. --- .-. / ....- ----- ....- ---... / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / -. --- - / ..-. .. -. -.. / --.- ..- . ... - .. --- -. / ---... -.--.-

Discord: Book Wombat#4020, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah I think Beguiler/Ranger, with some Human Paragon in there to into Prestige Bard if that's an ok PRC?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Probably looking at Cleric//Crusader at this point.

21. - Top - End - #21

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Melinda was born to David and Melinda Barrows. She was never the strongest, growing up, but her parents were somewhat well off and managed to get her an education. She devoured books with a passion, eagerly consuming knowledge. Eventually, she left her parents' home, heading for Whitehedge, to (as far as her parents know) attend a prestigious university located in there.

Unbeknownst to the elder Barrows, Melinda had received a letter, calling her to adventure in the city. Being a young, headstrong, and altogether foolishly brave young woman, she decided to answer it.

Short, sweet, and simple.

Show
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

It's kinda silly, cause it's technically not supposed to be done in gestalt, but regardless, it's the only thing I'd be interested in...

All I want to do is sorcerer // sorcerer. It would be as simple as having two separate spell pools. And if you're looking for a prestige class to call something like it later? Sorcerer Supreme.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Kiro`s past is unclear and unknown to him. He only has flashes of a burning village and the scourge that turned him into the devil's favored creature he is now. After that he wandered, lost and confused, prey to the feral nature of his people.
    A couple of years ago he found a home on board the Cursebreaker an independent ship with ties to the Northbay Fleets. And he became a close friend of Captain Red-Harpoon. So much that the captain asked him personally to come with him to Whitehedge.

But they were outnumbered by brigands, Kiro fought bravely and so did the captain. Only Kiro survived. Now he has reached Whitehedge with nothing but a letter he can't read and a map that says nothing to him.

Kiro, CG Hellbred Totemist2/Swordsage1//Barbarian1/Apewarrior2

Off combat he is a scout and a competent sailor. In combat he is a whirlwind of claws. He is silent and thoughtful.

Spoiler: Stat Block when in ape shape
    Show
    Kiro
    m CG Hellbred(Body) Totemist2/sws1//BBN1/Apewarrior1, Level 3, Init 4, HP 54/48, Speed 30
    AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-footed 12, Fort 9, Ref 6, Will 7, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Girallon claws x4 +10/+8/+8/+8 (1d4+6 each, x2)
    Apeshape claws x2 and bite +12/+12 +8 (1d4+8 1d6+4, x2)
    Full attack ape shape +12/+12 +12/+12 +8 (2x1d4+8 2x1d4+10 , )
    (+3 Dex, +4 Natural, -2 Misc)
    Abilities Str 26, Dex 16, Con 22, Int 8, Wis 15, Cha 8
    Condition Apeshape
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2020-03-27 at 06:18 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Would you allow Kung-Fu Genius to apply to Swordsages? Specifically the AC Bonus since it's quite similar to the monk's AC bonus. Also, are Flaws/Traits a thing?
    At the moment thinking of a very sneaky type, Swordsage//Beguiler.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2020-03-27 at 03:55 PM.
    . .-. .-. --- .-. / ....- ----- ....- ---... / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / -. --- - / ..-. .. -. -.. / --.- ..- . ... - .. --- -. / ---... -.--.-

Discord: Book Wombat#4020, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Sheet in progress:
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2161726

EDIT: How do you feel about changing dissolving touch to blazing touch (switch damage from acid to fire?)
    Last edited by Novabomb; 2020-03-28 at 12:44 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    Yeah I think Beguiler/Ranger, with some Human Paragon in there to into Prestige Bard if that's an ok PRC?
    That’s ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok'n'Roll View Post
    Probably looking at Cleric//Crusader at this point.
    Sounds interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    It's kinda silly, cause it's technically not supposed to be done in gestalt, but regardless, it's the only thing I'd be interested in...

All I want to do is sorcerer // sorcerer. It would be as simple as having two separate spell pools. And if you're looking for a prestige class to call something like it later? Sorcerer Supreme.
    Thats sounds ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    Kiro`s past is unclear and unknown to him. He only has flashes of a burning village and the scourge that turned him into the devil's favored creature he is now. After that he wandered, lost and confused, prey to the feral nature of his people.
    A couple of years ago he found a home on board the Cursebreaker an independent ship with ties to the Northbay Fleets. And he became a close friend of Captain Red-Harpoon. So much that the captain asked him personally to come with him to Whitehedge.

But they were outnumbered by brigands, Kiro fought bravely and so did the captain. Only Kiro survived. Now he has reached Whitehedge with nothing but a letter he can't read and a map that says nothing to him.

Kiro, CG Hellbred Totemist2/Swordsage1//Barbarian1/Apewarrior2

Off combat he is a scout and a competent sailor. In combat he is a whirlwind of claws. He is silent and thoughtful.

Spoiler: Stat Block when in ape shape
    Show
    Kiro
    m CG Hellbred(Body) Totemist2/sws1//BBN1/Apewarrior1, Level 3, Init 4, HP 54/48, Speed 30
    AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-footed 12, Fort 9, Ref 6, Will 7, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Girallon claws x4 +10/+8/+8/+8 (1d4+6 each, x2)
    Apeshape claws x2 and bite +12/+12 +8 (1d4+8 1d6+4, x2)
    Full attack ape shape +12/+12 +12/+12 +8 (2x1d4+8 2x1d4+10 , )
    (+3 Dex, +4 Natural, -2 Misc)
    Abilities Str 26, Dex 16, Con 22, Int 8, Wis 15, Cha 8
    Condition Apeshape
    Looks sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Would you allow Kung-Fu Genius to apply to Swordsages? Specifically the AC Bonus since it's quite similar to the monk's AC bonus. Also, are Flaws/Traits a thing?
    At the moment thinking of a very sneaky type, Swordsage//Beguiler.
    Flaws and traits r ok and yes I’d allow Kung fu genius to apply
    Sheet in progress:
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2161726

EDIT: How do you feel about changing dissolving touch to blazing touch (switch damage from acid to fire?)
    That’d be ok

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

That’s ok

Looks sweet

Flaws and traits r ok and yes I’d allow Kung fu genius to apply

That’d be ok
    Uhh I'm gald you like it, and I'm grabbing a flaw and a Trait.

28. - Top - End - #28

Where do you stand on native (LA0, no outsider type) planetouched?
    Spoiler: How to fix T1 classes:
    Show
    There are more posts on the forums about how to nerf T1, than there are posts about T1 characters ruining games. I would say the problem is solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    This? This isn't a slice of brilliance. This is the whole freaking pie.

When you play the game of pwns, you're either w1n or n00b. There is no middle ground.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

That’s ok
    Super

Thank you

Sheet in progress

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2160507

Should do skills and feats today
    Last edited by wilphe; 2020-03-29 at 11:28 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

What Deities are available BTW?